Start by marking “Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life” as Want to Read:
Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life

Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life

BESTSELLING BOOK

In this inspirational guide, Wayne Dyer, the author of the phenomenal bestsellers Wisdom of the Ages, Pulling Your Own Strings, and Your Erroneous Zones, reveals seven beliefs central to working miracles in our everyday lives.

When most of us think of magic, we picture a man in a black cape sawing a woman in half, or a sleight-of-hand card trick. But
Published June 19th 2001 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published August 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Real Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Magic

Start your review of Real Magic: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life
Emily
Jul 09, 2007 rated it liked it
I found this book in a laundromat. It immediately struck me as something I wouldn't read, and then I started reading it anyway. Then I brought it home and kept reading it. Hmmm.

update:
I've finished this book, and I think that I can take a lot from it. And I'll probably read it again. For most of the book, I'm with Dyer and I'm into what he's saying, and then every once in a while I start thinking he's a wack job. And then I'm with him again. It's quite confusing, actually.
Heaven Leigh
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This is a wonderful guide to believing in yourself! Thank you again, Dr. Dyer!

I think it's very nice that you dedicated it to MJ & Deepak. I respect that you still recognize Michael as "A transcendent being, who had not only tremendous talent, but a heart as big as the sky" ~Wayne Dyer

This book gives one so many tools to overcome any obstacle and work the miracles she/he is here to accomplish.

I will read again to keep the concepts fresh in my mind.
Carol K.
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely one of my favorite books! This was one of the first Wayne Dyer books I read, I've been hooked ever since! Totally recommend!
Debby Saarits
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favourite books and I recommended it to others for at least 15 years after I first read it. Overall I read it 6 times. Even today it's still worth the read.
Brent
Jan 18, 2009 marked it as to-read
Dr.Wayne W. Dyer is one of my favorite authors.
Brian Johnson
Nov 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-classics
This book was written with the express purpose of showing you the way to create what you may have previously thought to be impossible in your life.

When I gave up the pursuit of money, more of it flowed into my life than I had ever known before. Why? Because I was living my purpose and surrendering to the universe to provide for my needs.

If you want to experience prosperity at a miraculous level, you must leave behind your old ways of thinking and develop a new way of imagining what is possible
Karen Jett
Sep 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who liked The Secret
This book is excellent! It's subtitle tells it all: Creating Miracles in Everyday Life. As anyone who has watched Oprah can tell you. It's all about what's going on inside of us. But it's not always easy to change our thoughts, or even to catch ourself thinking them.

Wayner Dyer provides great tips in an easy to read book that helps us to change our thinking.

In one line: Think of this book as the 'how-to' for the book The Secret. (Note: this book was originally copyrighted in 1992)
Unigami
This is the first book Wayne Dyer wrote as he really started to go off the deep end into New Age mysticism and "manifesting miracles". As always with Wayne, the writing and anecdotes are good, and the message is positive. Worth reading, but take some things with a grain of salt.
Ekira
Jun 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
(This book was given to my sister as a so call gift) BUT ALERT!! I urge you to throw this book away!! It has Hidden messages and it's trying make people join the new age. You want to know about spirituality and miracles read The Holy Bible. It tells us everything we need to know, including deceiving things such as this. I'm telling you and I'm warning you, I'm practically begging everyone please don't read this book, it's a trick from the devil himself. And if no one don't want to listen to me, ...more
Katie
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but it was not an easy read for me. Dyer doesn't make do with three words when he can use five. I can see how his concepts are such a sensation, but the actual reading was not particularly enjoyable for me. I'll have to try another one of his books and see if this is typical or not.
Jennifer Gamboa
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even as I write this review it makes me want to go back and read the book again. I love all of Wayne's books. He is funny and makes hard topics relatable and easier to accept about yourself because he is authentic about what he has gone through. I wish I could have seen him live.
Chayapol Moemeng
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's interesting to find how we can achieve the same goal from different approaches which derived from different experience. Thank you Dr.Wayne for sharing yours.

If you are interested in self development and spirituality, this is the book for you.
Sbahat Nosheen
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is most phenomenal and powerful book.Wayne W. dyer is one of my favorite author..THIS BOOK show me the way to create miracle Mind-set to get what I may have thought to be impossible in my life and "get to purpose".
Bijendra Rajput
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unimaginable, excellent... What a journey while this books. This book will enrich your soul, body, mind and health with abundance of prosperity and success.
victoria
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

This book gave me insight on how to allow my spiritual self take over and allow me to create miracles in my life.
Just awesome.
Kupono Fey
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was good! Two great takeaways for me.
1, Everything is in your control, in your perception and in your mind. The way you perceive people or actions or things, thoughts and ideas. Everything is controlled by you and you can control more than you know. This was very powerful for me to help change my life, change my way of thinking and to start creating more miracles in my life.
2, the teacher you need will appear when you fully become the student. This is very interesting and true, that
Yazaid Ahmed
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beyond amazing beyond captivating

This book is a masterpiece. It has kept me hooked from beginning to end. I loved and resonated with every bit of it. Except for one major disagreement that I have either with Dr. Wayne or with my understanding of what Dr. Wayne was trying to say.

I completely disagree that we as humans have any divinity within us. I ascribe all power and all ability to God. Everything good that I am able to create even if with the power of mind is done because of God not because
April
Jan 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not at all my favorite. I think I might of liked it better if he didn't dedicate the book to Michael Jackson. I judged him instantly (although not fair) as someone I didn't want to take spiritual advice from. I really didn't love the book... It was a bit to out there for me, however I also can't say I disagreed with anything he said either. I think it's a great book for anyone who doesn't have any specific beliefs to start understanding there is a higher power. If you do have stronger spiritual ...more
Teresa
Jul 03, 2008 added it
Another great Wayne Dyer book. It's not about "magic" like tricks and spells. It's more of a metaphor for creating beautiful things in your own life. Creating a magical life for yourself and those around you!
mafic Martha Fernanda
don't like it so much as some other kind of "metaphisics" books.

with a lot of cool phrases of some cool authors, but with a lot of stupidities about the perspective of the psiche, that can harm the mind, thought.
Javier Villar
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prayer
Wayne Dyer is so enjoyable. One can always learn from him. For example, it might seem the same thing, but fighting the wrong isn't the same thing as supporting the solution. See pacifists who destroy streets in the name of "peace".
Amy Lesher
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
One of the first books I read on my journey. A gentle, wise, & easy to relate to book. Don't judge a book by its cover (dislike the new cover). The contents inside are warming & reassuring. A wonderful read!
Annette
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Took me a while before what I read "stuck" so I read much of the beginning of book multiple times before it began to click. Enjoyed the book once I got on a roll.
Royale
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually one of my favorite Dyer books. A bit outdated, but the concepts are still valid.
Jas Deol
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
will definitely re-read this gem!
Jeannette Pucella
Mar 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Awesome book on manifesting whatever you want in your life...
Flavio Güell
Jun 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Outstandingly inspiring. A must read for anyone pursuing the spiritual path.
Mckinley
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Borrows from others. "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Become a miracle maker in your life.
Michelle
Nov 12, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I'm still reading but I've gotten so much out of this book. It's wonderful.

• Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham
  • Communion with God
  • Drum Circle Spirit: Fascinating Human Potential through Rhythm (Performance in World Music Series)
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Invent It, Sell It, Bank It!: Make Your Million-Dollar Idea Into a Reality
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
  • (Not Quite) Mastering the Art of French Living
  • The Vein of Gold: A Journey to Your Creative Heart
  • The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City
  • Power vs. Force
  • You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
  • Illuminata: A Return to Prayer
  • Thank & Grow Rich: A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy
  • Walking in This World: The Practical Art of Creativity
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and