Start by marking “Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling” as Want to Read:
Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling

Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling

There’s a voice in the universe calling each of us to remember our purpose—our reason for being here now, in this world of impermanence. The voice whispers, shouts, and sings to us that this experience of being in form, in space and time, knowing life and death, has meaning. The voice is that of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us.     In this groundb ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Hay House (first published January 1st 2006)

Susan
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Okay I'll be honest, I didn't finish reading this because someone at my house asked me where they could buy it so I gave it to them. BUT...I liked it so much that I'm going to buy another copy and I read enough to review it. I like some of Wayne's books, some not as much. This one I really resonated with as it is all about living your life via INSPIRATION...In Spirit...connected to God, Your Inner Being, Source. When you are/do, life flows, joy abounds and the ripple affect, the contribution we ...more
Mindy
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was truly phenomenal!! I couldn't put it down and read the 252 page book in two days!! I feel so inspired and ready to put everything he says to work in my own life! I loved how there were "suggestions" at the end of each chapter to help you put the ideas from every chapter to work for you!! There was SO MANY quotes I adore and many truths I gained from this book...here are some that I positively loved!!

"Live in-Spirit. You came from Spirit, and to be inspired you must become more like
Judith
Mar 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Inspiration is in spirit. What I got from this book is we can't have enimies because all people are form which will go away and doesn't matter. Spirit, which is your higher power, that I call God or Heavenly Father is in you. If you have an issue with a person you realize that it's his problem and your issue is just a thought. So go to the person's God spirit, the devine person that they are, and realize that you wouldn't have an issue with a loving, kind, all giving Heavenly Father. Also, reali ...more
Keshia
Apr 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
In this book, Dyer explains that to be inspired is to be "in spirit"--to be one with your source--God. He provides great personal examples and quotes from Rumi, Micheal Angelo, Albert Einstein and explains how to apply them to get to a state of inspiration from at which point--we create and live our best lives.

This is a great CD for listening to in the car or around the house. You will find Dyer's delivery and content will keep you engaged. I recommend this book for anyone who seek to be propel
Bowei Chi
Mar 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who needs non-religious spiritual guidence
Recommended to Bowei by: Bryant Duong
This book came to me at a critical time of my life. I was struggling with the understanding of life and spirituality. This book not only answered many of my questions in life, but also resonated many of my believes.

I have since recommended this book to many people. It doesn't always give others the same effect it had on me. Therefore, I have to claim that it is not for everyone, so don't expect that it will change your life like it did for me.

However, if you know that there could be a book out
Heather
May 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
This book was very powerful, and I feel I will be coming back to it often. What I like best about Dyer's writing style is that he brings the topic of inspiration down to a very basic level so that it doesn't seem so daunting, and give practical, easy ideas on how to implement inspiration in every day life. I think Ekhart Tolle was trying to convey this same message in The Power of Now, but his writing was SO deep that each and every sentence seemed too powerful to grasp. Dyer has achieved / expl ...more
Clayton
Jan 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
A remarkable book that just opened my eyes to a higher calling. Dr. Dyer explains in common sense language the necessity to connect to our source, a universal name for God. When we think about what we want to do in life it's always important to remember that we already know the answer. When we connect to our Source we feel inspiration.

Dyer teaches us that everyone has an ultimate calling as defined by our true connection to God or Source. Your mind transcends all limitations. Thanks to this boo
Richard
Nov 03, 2007 rated it really liked it
Two of the biggest lessoned I learned from a truly inspiring book:

page 198 On Healing - "reunited to a stream of well-being"

page 209 On Organized Religion - "Jesus wasn't a christian, divine spiritual beings came here as emissaries of truth"

page 218 On Letting Go - "Just close down the battlefield and surrender. Send the soldiers home, and replace the instruments of war in your mind with thoughts of peace, tranquility, and surrender. Making your mind a place of peace is achieved by YOUR OWN WILL
Joe
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
I found this a very interesting read. As a child of God, I need to think along these lines. Too often we forget the divine side of ourselves. that's not what Jesus taught.

Dyer, although not a "Christian" in the traditional sense strikes a nerve when he says we can CHOOSE the life we wish to lead. We need to look at the world through the eyes of the "divine child" rather than the so-called human side. His "exercises" at the end of each chapter shows us how. I highly recommend this book.
Cassandra Carico
Dec 31, 2009 rated it it was ok
I suppose that I should not be allowed to critique self help books. I just seem to find much of what they say to be common sense all wrapped in a fancy little package. This one is no exception. The fellow is a good talker and his book is interesting, but not terribly different or more helpful than any other self help that is out there. Read it if you wish, if you like this sort of thing.....
Jared Fontaine
Aug 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! I got it on tape and he is so great! This is a book that will make you feel good. It is not about step one do such and such. This book is about living in Spirit the eternal life force in the Universe with very flowery language.
James Battles
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book that reminds us that we all come from the same Source (Spirit) and that living an inspired life, a life in spirit, is our ultimate calling. Many so called self help books try to teach you how to empower yourself. Dr. Dyer reminds you that you are already empowered.
Alison Smith
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If there's a book that's right for us at every time in our lives then I couldn't have read this at a more prefect time. Every word, every point, every chapter spoke to me about what was happening to me. Rather than think I was going mad it helped normalise what was happening. It reminded me what living an IN SPIRIT ATIONAL life was all about. It reminded me that it was me making my life difficult and with a little more faith and trust then all was very very well.

Brieanna
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-whole-self
This was my first Wayne Dyer read, I quite enjoyed it. It felt like hearing a wise old man talk to me and tell me about the important things in life (like LOVE...like the joy of selflessly giving, about being more like our creator).

The tone throughout the book is very practical, honest, and understandable. He incorporates messages from many spiritual and motivational sources throughout the book from Victor Frenkl to A Course in Miracles to Rumi to the Bible.

Definitely recommend if you're looki
Aneth Davidd
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is not for everyone. It touches on spirituality from a different perspective from that of established religious beliefs. I also found it to be food for thought but also for soul/spirit, appropriate for open-minded people looking for inner meaning of life.

I'm reading it for the second time but I still can't relate to some content, I feel like it could be clearer and straighter.
Daniela Morabito
A great read that reminds us to return to Spirit.

Dr Wayne Dyer has left endless lessons about how to live a life of love and inspiration. In this book, he focuses on how to return to a meaningful existence, free from ego.
Sofía Ruiz
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excelent book, it was my guide for 8 years,the day i finished the book was very amazing, it was like Dr Wayne was with me...

I learn how to enjoy my present moment, to have a live with inspiration
Christelle
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Some good advice
Betty Najafi
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read in less than a week. Truely Loved it✌ ...more
Phyllis Lamoureux
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one truly was inspirational .
Alana
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Dr. Dyer's that I read. Very uplifting and positive.
Mahsa Abadian
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing... Had profound impact in my choosing my purpose and promise in life
Christina Steed
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book. Always appreciate the teachings of Dr. Dyer.
Vic1245
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful book. Helped me a lot!
Beatriz Munoz
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Is really inspiring and insightful. Liked very much the practical sections with examples of how to practice what you learn in each chapter. First time I read this author.
Francisco
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: espiritualidad
También disponible en castellano: 'Inspiración: encuentra tu verdadera esencia', para mí es quizás el mejor libro del Doctor Wayne Dyer, un libro más espiritual y menos centrado en la psicología y el desarrollo. Wayne Dyer es uno de los autores incluidos en 'Aprendiendo de los mejores' (Alienta Editorial).

Más información y reseña: http://ow.ly/x9Nr30hx3yH

En español aquí: http://ow.ly/J8Sl30hiFi8
Rolland
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I really like what Wayne Dyer has to say, even though the language can be a bit flowery for me. The simple reminder that we are "of spirit" and so should try to remain "in spirit" in all that we do - it's lovely. His writing conveys a clear sense of individual purpose and bliss.

But strangely not of a communal purpose. I couldn't help but think as I was listening (to his audio book): here's a guy who doesn't tolerate negativity in his life much. And he celebrates freedom of spirit above all thin
Vinita Mohan
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Explains how to listen to your spirit/intutition and how to develop the same.How emotions like ego, hatred,sarcasm stand in its way.
Priscilla Lopez
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I finish reading this book today I feel a sadness that my teacher has left and gone on to his next adventure. I find comfort in knowing that we are still connected. I have found that in his words I find comfort and I to have had miracles happen to me. I have always been fascinated by humming bird's as I was stepping out of my father's house I looked up and felt something telling me to at first I thought it was a bumblebee but it stopped right in front of me I looked happily at it and bid it g ...more
Laura Sanchez
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
yes. i read this book and it was quite different from what i expected. when i bought it, i wasn't aware that it was some sort of "self-help" book. i was drawn to the colors of the cover (the cover of the spanish version is beautiful)and the title. i didn't think it twice, and i bought it.

it was a surprise to me that the author is an important writer of self-help books, and i was about to throw up. but inspite of feeling embarrased and sick of having this book, i decided to read it, and all of a
Old Souls Book Club: Wisdom from Wayne Dyer 1 6 Mar 01, 2017 08:35AM
THE BIRTH OF BTDLLC 1 4 Jan 02, 2017 03:53PM
Life 3 14 May 31, 2014 03:42PM

• The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • Communion with God
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • Soul Stories
  • The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
“Any problem, and I emphasize "any" problem, represents our inability to consciously connect to our Source in the moment.” 4 likes
“Our purpose in life isn’t to arrive at a destination where we find inspiration, just as the purpose of dancing isn’t to end up at a particular spot on the floor. The purpose of dancing – and of life – is to enjoy every moment and every step, regardless of where we are when the music ends.” 3 likes