Start by marking “Five Out of the Pit (Five, #2)” as Want to Read:
Five Out of the Pit (Five, #2)

Five Out of the Pit

(Five #2)

The Five find their way to Moab, Utah where, before they’re even settled in, evil finds them.

As Paige fights to keep from succumbing to the pull of an Incubus that has her marked as his next conquest, Johnathan seeks to find a way to rid her of a curse she willingly accepted in order to save him.

A surprising revelation initiates a long-awaited, yet unexpected, reunion for
ebook
Published March 31st 2014 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Five Out of the Pit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Out of the Pit

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Did I just read the same author as the first book??

This book starts off with Paige fighting against a incubus..(yes I now know what that is too). Pretty entertaining. This book moves smoothly. The only thing I think this book could have done without is the stupid love angle. I don't think every book needs it and this one gets distracted by it. Yes it's a PG version but dang. I just wanted to smash their smooching heads together.

This book would have actually gotten a 4 star from me if it hadn'
Liz Barnsley
So onto the second instalment, and I have very deliberately only put a small synopsis so as not to give away anything from Book One – this time I was definitely hooked it has to be said. In a lot of ways this one was better than the first, most likely because the author has done a terrific job with character development – and this one is much darker in tone as the story and the protagonists grow up.

The world building in this one is also superior, and the other worldly aspects and the mythology i
Isis
I'd like to thank Curiosity Quills Press for the copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review. The fact that this was free in no way impacts the integrity of my review.

A surprising revelation ini
Elle Klass
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Out of the Pit by Holli Anderson is a first class sequel. The Five with their parental figure Joe jump into new adventures, meeting enemies whilst their old enemies lurk in the shadows. As part of their training they‘ve learned new spells, healing, fighting skills along with the ability to portal or travel quickly to any destination in which they have previously been. The saga begins where Out of the Dark left off. Paige is blind and they have travelled with Joe their guardian to Moab, Utah ...more
Felicitia
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Holy crap. I just found the cutest couple of the month... probably year. Or forever?

I totally understand if you guys, at least some of you, would feel that this novel is too cheesy for your taste. I got to tell you in advance that there will be lots of kisses, lots of affection, and lots of love confession in this book. You guys who hate that kind of things would not like this book. This could be a little too-much-romance-blargh for some of you. Me? well, I love this book. Everything about it. I
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
(I received a free copy of this book from Curiosity Quills Press in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I did like this book quite a bit more than the first one. With the characters and relationships already established, I found it much easier to care about things like the romance between Paige and Johnathan.

I was quite impressed with how well Paige's blindness came across. I think that writing a character who's missing a sense (especially in first person) is quite difficul
Lisa
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I jumped straight from reading book 1 in this series, Five out of the Dark, and into this book. If you read my review previously on the first book, you will know that I gave it a four star review as I thought it was a slow starter, but I loved it by the end. And now I am happy to give this instalment a 5 star review!
Something I really dislike when I read a series is when the next book comes along and half of it is spent going over everything from the previous book. No problems here! Out of the
Diane Lynch
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Five, also known as the Quinae Praesidia (Five Protectors), journey to Moab, Utah. They need to regroup and develop their powers with help of their mentor, Joe.

Paige is on a quest to discover a cure for Johnathan’s lycanthropy. Meanwhile, she has caught the attention of an Incubus.

I love that Paige is self-sacrificing. She will do anything to help Johnathan. It was interesting to read about their relationship. They learn a lot about each other and undergo numerous emotions toward each other.
Carrie
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! With such a solid first installment, I had high hopes for this second book in the series and it really exceeded my expectations.

We're still with the Five, training and making their way to where they're needed. The training has really ramped up and each member is coming into their powers. Sadly, Paige is still in the same state we saw at the end of the last book. She and John are also filled with oodles of YA angsty goodness. Th
Kasey Cocoa
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-requested
Very well written and edited. My YA son absolutely loves this series and gives high praise to the second installment. Again we have character development with well fleshed out individuals who face insurmountable odds. Each encounter is rich with detail and page-turning excitement. His only complaint is a few moments in the book with uneven flow to the story, but is quick to point out that it does not detract from the overall quality of the book. I received an evaluation copy in exchange for an h ...more
Autumn Is Azathoth
Leave your disbelief at the Door, once again; you're not going to need it where you're going. Leaping in where the first installment (THE FIVE: OUT OF THE DARK) ended, we find the tension ratcheted up, the romance deepening, new characters added and old ones subtracted. The danger is more intense, the rewards of success so much greater--the cost of failure that much worse. I don't know how many more installments are yet to come; I don't know where the precious FIVE are headed next, but I know th ...more
Jonathan
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from publisher Curiosity Quills.The cover is much better than the first book and I really liked it.The author had me captivated from beginning to end.I just wish the third book was out so I could find out what happens next.Highly recommend the series.Well done to the author for another great novel.
Renae Metz
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in this amazing series. I loved the first book and loved this one even more. This book caught my attention for the beginning and I could not put it down. I loved the romance, suspense, and the twist through out the whole book. And the ending has me wanting more. I can't wait for the next book
Kristen
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic continuation of the Five series. The Five find themselves in even deeper troubles this time around. From a very persistent Incubus to a couple of old foes from the first book, this one will keep you flipping pages! Excellent YA fantasy, Holli Anderson has written another gem!
Diane
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great installment of the series. I loved it. Great plot. I highly recommend this one. I look forward to reading more of Holli's books.
Tera
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very satisfying 2nd book to compliment book 1. Couldn't ask for anything more. Love loved it.
Steve Anderson
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book in this fascinating series!!
A fast paced read with twists turns through out. I can't wait for the next one!!!
Jessa Russo
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I just adore this series and these perfectly imperfect characters. Continuing their journey with them in this second installment was wonderful, and I can't wait for more!
Kathy
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the end of the last book Paige makes a deal with a daemon in exchange for information to rid Johnathon of his curse. Immediately after as per the agreement Paige is blind. Paige must now learn to deal with eternal night, as well as trust her other senses to fight against the evil and dangers that present itself.

The five along with Joe travel hundreds of miles on foot as Joe teaches them and mentors them with their magical training as the five become stronger he becomes weaker his magic slowl
Sabrina
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Becky
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this book. What a cliffhanger! Now I have to wait til November for the next one. Reading this book had me on the edge of my seat much of the book. It was fun to have the same feeling of foreboding that the characters were experiencing. It was written well enough that at one point I actually found myself dizzy right along with one of the characters as she fought some crazy magical beings. That doesn't happen often. So easy to fall right into the story from a safe distance.
Jamie
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Out of the Pit, as in the pit of Hell. The Five must leave where they were in book one and continue to train with Joe to be able to use their powers and become stronger. Paige and John continue their little romance, which was not my favorite parts of the story, but we learn more about Alec's parents which is much more interesting. Best to wait to read this until the next one is published...
John Deltuvia
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Much better plot and character development than in the first book of the series. I understand the next book will be published soon, which is good, because this one has a nasty cliffhanger at the end!
Crystal Connor
Guto Limeira
Jul 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Viola Doyle or An Unconventional Gift
  • Sword of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret Book 2)
  • Archon's Queen (The Awakened, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Daughters of Lilith, #3)
  • Night of Pan
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Bound (The Caelian Cycle #2)
  • The Traveler's Wake
  • Nightmares of the Queen (The Brajj, #2)
  • The Scorched Earth (The Chaos Born, #2)
  • Dreambender
  • Of Scions and Men
  • Guild Assassin (Curse Breaker, #1)
  • In Real Life
  • The Sword Chronicles: Child of the Empire
  • Pendulum (The Neumarian Chronicles, #2)
  • The Elementalists
  • The Gateway Through Which They Came
Holli Anderson has a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing—which has nothing to do with writing, except maybe by adding some pretty descriptive injury and vomit scenes to her books. She discovered her joy of writing during a very trying period in her life when escaping into make-believe saved her. She enjoys reading any book she gets her hands on, but has a particular love for anything fantasy.
Along with

Five (3 books)
  • Out of the Dark (Five, #1)
  • Out of the Ashes (Five, #3)