Start by marking “Southern Perfection” as Want to Read:

**Updated Synopsis for re-release on 1/13/15**

Life is full of choices: good, bad, and ones you can’t control.

Raegan strives to be perfect in every way. Varsity cheerleader, honor student, and proud granddaughter of Dover Lowery. By day, Raegan is an over-achieving high school student, but at three o’clock, her real work begins.

What happens when appearances are not what t
Published January 13th 2015 by Casey Peeler (first published August 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Southern Perfection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Southern Perfection

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Casey Peeler, The Hype PR, and NetGalley.)

I thought this book was going to be a cute romance, but for me it was anything but perfect.

I got bored from this book pretty much from the beginning. I felt sorry for Reagan seeing as everyone kept dying on her, but I didn’t really like her, and I didn’t really care about what happened to her.

The storyline in this just bored me. I didn’t like the story, I didn’t
Jeannette Nikolova
Mar 23, 2015 Jeannette Nikolova rated it it was ok
Read on the WondrousBooks blog.

Actual rating 1.5.

It's obvious from the start that this book is inspired by personal feelings and the most touching thing about it is the author's note after the end of the book.
The best thing in the entire book is Raegan's relationship with her grandfather. It's really touching and sweet and I felt really sad about the old man, and about the fact that Raegan has a really bad luck when it comes to family.

This is where the good things about this book end.

Welcome

Crina (Reading Addict)
Apr 30, 2015 Crina (Reading Addict) rated it really liked it
"Southern Perfection" was really really cute! <3 And to be honest I wasn't expecting it to be good or even nice, because it has very mixed rating and the synopsis hasn't convinced me. What attracted me in the first place were the title and the cover.

This book was a very fast and enjoyable read and I was so happy and warm inside while I was reading it. And even if it has some sad moments too, is very beautiful and emotional. I wouldn't have thought that such a book, from which I was expecting
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Southern Perfection by Casey Peeler

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 2 stars

Review:

Southern Perfection was an okay read for me. The story is a good one, but it didn't made me as excited as other books I've recently read.

The book starts with Raegan when she's a little girl. We get
Abbie
Feb 28, 2015 Abbie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, In exchange for an honest review.)

Actual rating - 2.5

Raegan was an okay character, and I felt sorry for her because of all what she lost, but I didn't love her.
The romance wasn't bad, but as I didn't love either of the characters involved, I didn't love that either.

Unfortunately, for the most of this I felt bored, and by the halfway point, I wanted to hurry up and finish it.

Overall, Not an awful read, but it wasn't that enjoyable either.
Tiffany Willams
Mar 15, 2015 Tiffany Willams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgallery
***Copy provided by NetGallery for honest review***

"Raegan Lowery is who every guy dreams about but can't have..."

Let me say, it has taken me a while to write this review. Not because I didn't like the story--on the contrary--I'm in awe of it!

This book hit so many of my soft spots: First love, rekindled love (of sorts), strong lead charcters, overcoming grief, and most of all...a family worth fighting for.

"Emmett saved me with one compassionate event."

I immediately fell in love Raegan and her G
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
If there is one book that I have ever connected with, this is that book. I loved this book beyond belief. Casey Peeler takes tragedy for one girl and turns it into one beautiful love story. But it isn’t just a love story. It is a story of becoming the person you want to be and need to be and finding what truly makes you happy.

Raegan met the man of her dreams when she was just a young girl. She didn’t know it then, but when she lost her parents and grandmother in a tragic accident, he brought her
Beth
Oct 02, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: kick-ass-ya
4 Sunshine Stars

Southern Girls. You know you love us. We say "honey", call all soft drinks "cokes" and drive trucks. It just doesn't get any better.

Reagan lives with her grandfather on his farm. Her parents died when she was little and she has made it her goal to be the "good girl" everyone expects. She is a cheerleader, makes good grades and has to fight of the jerk quarterback. The only man in her life is her granddad.

I love you too Sunshine. We're gonna get through this---you and me.

Emmett
Tantalizing
Feb 10, 2016 Tantalizing rated it it was amazing
Southern Perfection is a story of loss, healing and old love and finding new love. Be ready with LOTS of tissues because you are going to need them. I like Raegan was very close to my grandpa, and when he passed my world shattered around me. Reading Raegan's heartbreak brought back all those emotions about my own grandpa.

Southern Perfecting is a heartwarming, yet heartbreaking story that will grasp onto your heart.
Maree
Jul 15, 2015 Maree rated it it was amazing
I so loved this sweet, sad, but very loving book. Reagan was so lucky to have the love to depend on her beautiful Grandfather, Dover Lowry after their the death of both her parents and Grandmother.

I loved this story of her hard times, and the good she had with her other two close relative, Cole and Emmett. With their help they word be together. I so enjoyed reading their changes in the life. Such a great book to read!!
Brandee - Brandee's Book Endings
4.5 heartwarming stars!

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1JUczE1
Google: http://bit.ly/1A4T1Zl
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1pVwSVM
iBooks:http://bit.ly/1tPmeqG
Nook: http://bit.ly/YIuaeT

The perfect mix of family, first love, southern charm and heartwarming emotion. Such a sweet young adult read. This was my first time reading one of Casey's books and it will not be the last!

Full review to come!
FicCentral
Jun 21, 2015 FicCentral rated it really liked it
FicCentral.com

Raegan knows what's important in life, and she's holding onto it with all she's got. She doesn't have time for typical teenage drama, dating, or making the same mistakes others her age are making. She's has to make her grandfather proud, show the town that despite losing her parents, she's going to be just fine, and pitch in at home so her grandfather isn't stuck with all the chores. She may not be perfect, but she's trying hard to get there.

What she wasn't counting on, though, was Emmett. Frien
Candi-
Apr 06, 2016 Candi- rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
What an absolutely amazing book!! I loved it and from the very first page I was hooked. Once I started reading I did not want to put it down. Life for Raegan gets flipped upside from the age of 5. Visiting her grandparents is something she loved but after she loses her parents and her grandmother in an accident she knows this visit will be more than just that....it will now be her home. Her grandfather Dover is her world, her everything. Never wanting to let him down she is the happy good girl e ...more
Rebecca Arbaugh
Apr 03, 2014 Rebecca Arbaugh rated it it was amazing
I read this in a day! As I sit and write this review tomorrow (sept 9) will be 12 years since I lost my grandmother who lived with me from the time I was born til a month before she passed away. It's also 18 months since I lost my great grandmother who I lived with the past 8 years. This book really hit home because both of these women remind me so much of Reagan's granddaddy! The difference is I don't have a man, my parents are both alive, even though they are divorced, and I'm not in the south ...more
Jaci
I won an ARC copy by the author and am writing an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.
The story starts off with a bang. I like how a story can pull you in from the start and let me tell you that you will be interested from the start in this stand alone book from Casey Peeler. If you have read her Full Circle series (which I highly recommend), this is totally different and set in southern and small town environment,however the vibe from the p
Anny hernandez
Aug 10, 2014 Anny hernandez rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

OH WOW I just finish reading this book, and I have to say I felt in love with it from the first page to the last. This book had me on an emotional roller coaster, I cried like a baby, this is one of the sweetens love story I have read, I have read other book of Casey and I love them, but this one just gave me a good cried, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

The story begging with Raegan, when she
Reviewsbypaige
Mar 18, 2015 Reviewsbypaige rated it it was amazing
I was really impressed by this book. I found the first chapter to be especially stunning. I loved how Peeler so easily interpreted how a child would be feeling and reacting to the recent events that have happened in her life. This was one of the most real things I have read in a while. Peeler really captured a certain sense of innocence and playfulness from a young Raegan, which reminded me so much of my own childhood. I definitely enjoyed the fact that the readers see Raegan, as more than what ...more
Chelly Peeler
Mar 05, 2014 Chelly Peeler rated it it was amazing
On the outside, Raegan Lowery is the perfect All-American girl – honor student, varsity cheerleader, beautiful and nice to everyone, but she has also had a hard past. At the age of 5, Raegan lost her entire family except for her granddaddy, who will always be number 1 in her life. When school ends, the hard work begins and she does more than her part in running the family farm to make sure her granddaddy doesn’t overdo it.

Emmett Bridges made his mark on Raegan when he gave her a stuffed bunny a
Kristi Riley
Jul 25, 2014 Kristi Riley rated it it was amazing
Updated Review for the New Release!

The relationships between Raegan and Emmett is so sweet. Emmett is the type of young man that all girls dream of finding. My favorite part of the whole book though, the part that truly connected with me deeply was the relationship between Raegan and her Grandaddy. The love and bond that flows between them brought tears to my eyes.

Raegan was raised by her Grandaddy after losing her parents and Grandma in a car accident. Having lost (almost) everyone that meant e
Tina Harris
Apr 28, 2014 Tina Harris rated it it was amazing

Raegan only has her grandfather. He is her everything. But as life continues, there is a scare that may take her rock away from her. As she continues to be the all American girl at school and for the rest of the world to see, she is falling apart inside. She can not lose her rock too. She will be left with nothing.

Emmett comes back to town. He was the one true saving grace for Raegan all those years ago when her parents died. He does not realize that he helped her. But once they lay eye
Broadway Girl  Book Reviews (Beth Lattanzi)
The title describes this book perfectly…. Southern Perfection! This book was one I didn’t want to put down; I wanted to devour it from start to finish. I can relate to this book a lot more than some of the others I read because I know what it is like to grow up in the South. (although I wasn’t raised on a farm) I felt like I could relate to Raegan. She wasn’t one of those characters that you get annoyed with… trust me I have read plenty of those.

Raegan isn’t perfect and definitely doesn’t have
Paige Smith
Mar 06, 2014 Paige Smith rated it it was amazing
On the outside, Raegan Lowery is the all-American girl. She has the stunning looks, humble personality, and heart of gold. At a very young age, her life changes completely when tragedy strikes her family, and she is sent to live with her grandaddy. She quickly realizes what family values, hard work, and staying true to her southern roots encompasses.

Emmett Bridges returns to Pleasant Hill after being gone for a few years. Little did he know that when he gave Raegan a stuffed rabbit during one of
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Aug 24, 2014 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it it was amazing
Southern Perfection is an awesome read!!! Casey Peeler has become one of the authors that I automatically one click whenever she publishes something. I loved the whole Full Circle series so I had to read Casey's newest book, Southern Perfection. Southern Perfection is great and I was not disappointed. It's definitely worth one clicking.

Raegan is an amazing character. She has had a lot happen in her live. She is so put together. She's not your typical high schooler, she has a lot going on but ke
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*

If you are looking for a sweet read then this will be perfect. This follows the life of Raegan Lowery. her parents and grandmother were tragically killed when she was young so she has been raised by her beloved Grandaddy. She is in her last year of high school and when she isn't studying she is helping out around the farm.

When Emmett Bridges returns home for his last year of high school, he cannot believe how much Raegan has changed and how beautiful she is. He was the boy who kissed al
EndlessReading
Aug 27, 2014 EndlessReading rated it it was amazing
Heartbreakingly Beautiful

UPDATE:

Honestly.....another freaking great story from Peeler.

I've loved her work since I got hooked on her Full Circle series and I couldn't wait for more to come, and here we are, with Southern Perfection, and you WON'T be disappointed.

I want to thank Peeler for kindly providing me with a copy to read and review, and I will be honest towards the end I ended up a red eyed, stuffy nose , sniffling mess.....UGLY cried big time...

Raegan Lowery: Know to all as Miss perfect,
Donna ~
May 29, 2014 Donna ~ rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a feel good book you have come to the right place. Southern Perfection is a standalone, so if Casey Peeler is a new author to you there will be no catching up. This was a heart warming read about accepting what you cannot change and making the most out of the hand that life deals you. The bond we see with Reagan and her grandfather is very relatable and facing the reality that nothing is forever can be overwhelming.

Luckily, Reagan has a few people in her corner that will
Crystal
Aug 11, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
** I received a complimentary copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. **

Southern Perfection is my favorite book of 2014. I think it will be pretty difficult for a book to upset this one as my favorite for the year. My reasons for loving this book so much are personal. Without spoiling anything from the book, from Chapter 40 until the end I felt as if the author was writing about me. Anyone who can write a book that I feel so closely connected to is a winner in my book.

Since my re
S.M. Donaldson
Aug 23, 2014 S.M. Donaldson rated it it was amazing
Southern Perfection

I was one of the fortunate few to get the opportunity to read this early.
Let me just start off by saying that while I love Casey Peeler personally that has nothing to do with my review on this book. I am in love with the character Emmett in this book. (Yes, I love him more than Cash from the Full Circle books.)
Raegan has always went above and beyond to take care of her granddaddy. Making him a very proud man. After all he’s really the only family she has left. She is your All
Michelle Ballard
Jul 19, 2015 Michelle Ballard rated it it was amazing
Raegan lives with her granddaddy after her parents and MawMaw were tragically killed in a car accident. Raegan was very young at the time and Cole was her best friend and cousin who was always by her side! As the years go on and on Raegan and her granddaddy get into a routine of working on the farm and school! Once Cole is old enough he starts to work on the farm also and after high school starts to work on the farm full time to help her Granddaddy out because well he is getting on in age. Emmet ...more
Andee Michelle
Aug 03, 2014 Andee Michelle rated it it was amazing
Southern Perfection is one of the most beautiful, emotional and heart warming young love stories I've ever read. But this story is so much more than just a love story. It is the epitome of what family and true friends mean. It reminds you what is truly important in life. It is emotional to the point of ugly crying but also sweet as honey.

Raegan endured one of the most horrific things a child can endure but came out a beautiful, strong and determined young lady. Emmett is a young man that stays
  • Chasing the Stars (Chasing, #1)
  • Masquerade (The Rosewoods, #2)
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)
  • Strange Magic: Part One (Magic, #1)
  • Entangled (Fullerton Family Saga, #2)
  • Has to Be Love
  • Close to Heart (Healing Harts #3)
  • Your Little Secret
  • Adrian Lessons
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • Towing the Line (World Apart, #2)
  • Everything Has Changed
  • Saving Toby (Toby & Claudia Book 1)
  • Trailer Park Princess (Switching Tracks, #1)
  • The Reason I Stay
  • For the Love of Raindrops
  • For the Save (Playing for Keeps #4)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
Casey Peeler grew up and still lives in North Carolina with her husband and daughter. Her first passion is teaching students with special needs. Over the years, she found her way to relax was in a good book.

After reading Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston her senior year of high school and multiple Nicholas Sparks’ novels, she found a hidden love and appreciation for reading.

When Ca
More about Casey Peeler...