Start by marking “Stop Prediabetes Now: The Ultimate Plan to Lose Weight and Prevent Diabetes” as Want to Read:
Stop Prediabetes Now: The Ultimate Plan to Lose Weight and Prevent Diabetes

Stop Prediabetes Now: The Ultimate Plan to Lose Weight and Prevent Diabetes

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  85 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Advance praise for Stop Prediabetes Now

"As usual, Jack Challem has brought us a book right on target and ahead of the health curve. This surprising, unbiased book tells the truth about a condition that has clearly become a hidden epidemic in this country. Stop Prediabetes Now is one of the most important books to be published in a very long time."
-Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.
Published October 1st 2007 by Wiley (TP) (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Stop Prediabetes Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stop Prediabetes Now

Craig Childs
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I read this book shortly after my diagnosis with prediabetes. It provided a solid base of understanding of what was wrong with me, and what I needed to do next. Subsequent study has led me to question some of the author’s suggestions, but no dietary or nutrition book is perfect. The scientific research is contradictory, and every author tries to put a unique spin on it.

This book begins with a concise, helpful overview chapter on prediabetes. What is it? What causes it? What tests should your do
Mina
A very competently written, accessible and helpful read. I am skeptical of the recommendation of seemingly limitless egg consumption, and I have to admit I skipped the whole chapter on supplements because it seemed like an inclusion for people who are focussed on a quick fix. Mind, the authors do make clear that there is no quick fix, so due credit to them for that. To me, the book felt very targetted at middle-aged people just discovering they might develop diabetes and just-shy of panicked abo ...more
William Lawrence
The first three chapters on symptoms and background are wonderfully informative. The plan itself also appears good for those suffering from or in risk of prediabetes. While Challem does push the reader toward fish and vegetables, and acknowledges that fish is better than red meat, he also dismisses vegetarian diets and contradicts the facts of the benefits of a vegetarian diet. He bases his conclusions on the failure of a small sampling of a minority of vegetarians who don't know what they're do ...more
Cathy
May 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book caught my eye one day because I have two children with new onset Type 1 diabetes. This book is about Type 2, which is 90-95% of diabetics and doesn't have anything to do with my kids. However, I still learned a lot. Some chapters were good, some were not very interesting and seemed to be more fringe alternative medicine ideas.
Nancy Moore
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a very good read - very informative. I have read much now on the subject of diabetes and preventing it, because I've had one high fasting blood sugar on my annual labs in the past, and therefore felt that I might be prediabetic. IMHO, these authors are a bit extreme, however, in pushing organic, and not allowing enough good carbs, such as whole grains.
Michelle Hoogterp
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is a terrific book for someone who hasn't read anything about diabetes or prediabetes before, or someone who wants some basic information to help someone with this problem. I'd read Jeff O'Connell's Sugar Nation first, and found that to be terrifically enlightening...This book by Challem doesn't have a lot of new information for me, though I found the section on supplements useful.
Suzanne
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
Wow! It has been a long time since I couldn't put a book down but here was one. kept me guessing until the end. A detective solves a mystery about the death of a family.
Felicia
Jul 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Overall had good information - a good resource book and starting off point.
Julie
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very informative. Perfect for the proactive. Very "meaty".
Jay Reaser
Nov 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Explains all about the pre-diabetes subject in a very understandable way.
Cathey
Oct 25, 2014
Vivian A D Seabury
Nov 24, 2014
Carol
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2014