Start by marking “Demon's Vow (The Asylum Tales #3.2)” as Want to Read:
Demon's Vow (The Asylum Tales #3.2)

Demon's Vow

(The Asylum Tales #3.2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  263 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Bestselling author Jocelynn Drake continues her urban fantasy series with the second installment of the Final Asylum Tales, Demon’s Vow.

Tattoo artist and warlock Gage is having a rough week. He’s trying to track down a mysterious murderer in Low Town while also chasing a powerful entity using forbidden Death Magic across the nation. When Gage discovers the two forces may b
Published October 21st 2014 by Harper Voyager Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Demon's Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon's Vow

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Demon's Vow (The Asylum Tales #3.2)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Even though these are three separate installments to the series, I am going to review them as a whole because they all start right where the first left off.

As some of you may know I was taken by surprise with this series when I first picked it up last year. Not only is this told entirely in the male point of view, Gage's (which is fantastic) is also a lot more rough because of it. Gage doens't hold anything back. He is who he is and you take it or you leave it.

I was so excited to learn that boo
Jen Davis
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jocelynn Drake really ramps things up in this second installment in her three part serial finale of the Asylum Tales. Before you pick this one up, make sure you have read “Demon’s Fury” first, because we jump right back into the action on page one.

Here, we follow Gage as he returns to the Ivory Tower where he spent nine years of his life, training as a warlock. Inside, the danger jumps to a whole new level. It’s tied in with the dark power that protects Gage’s basement and Lilith. It’s very cool
Tori
Marian
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, but the storylines just get more bizarre.
Carbunkle Flux
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Demon's Vow is the second of three parts. The first being Demon's Fury, of which you can find a review here!

So Demon's Fury had ended on a pretty poor note. Demon's Vow picks right up, by letting it consume about 75% of the book. (view spoiler)

Let me cut to the
Maghon Thomas
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic world to live in!! I still haven't read any of the first books from this series YET, except Demon's Fury, but I am going to read books one and two. You'll see Gage in a wonderful light, and then he'll break your heart because after the bomb his girlfriend dropped on him at the end of part one, he's now going to do anything he can to make sure it's not just safe for him, but for her. Even if that means putting his life in danger over and over again. It's nonstop action, amazin ...more
Anita
I read these three parts of the same book back-to-back, so I have no sense of where each one ends and the next begins. Gage got himself sucked back into working for the towers at the end of book 2, and this story starts off with Gideon dragging Gage along to investigate a ritual murder site. Meanwhile, Gage has also been brought into an investigation of a murdered tattooist by the mundane authorities. Both killers are gruesome, and unfortunately, the ritual magic murderer seems to be headed in t ...more
Shelley
**I received this book for free from Harper Voyager Impulse via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Demon's Vow is part II of a III part finale to The Asylum Tale's. This story picks up right where Demon's Fury left off. Warlock/Tattoo Artist Gage Powell's world has been thrown into a tail spin with Trixie's shocking news and intentions and the fact that he's up to his
Lorre
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Gage is still investigating the murders with Serah, and the Death Magic thing with Gideon. But progress seems to be slow on both cases.
Meanwhile his personal life is in shambles and there doesn't seem much he can do about it.

I do hope Gage can solve everything in the last part of the final book cause I want a HEA!
Lasciel
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-fantasy
A little bit of a disappointing end to an otherwise promising series. Tell me the series will continue and I'll retract that statement. I'm sorry, but the last 3 novellas (one full novel), seemed rushed and a touch unfinished. I love the action, romance and feeling that is so incredibly portrayed. But with that kind off book, ending it like this feels cheap.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
two psychoes killing. Gage is working on both cases, plus trying to find a way to keep Trixie with him. His friends there to help, in what ever ways they can. But how can you track a killer, much less two, if magic isn't helping? one's blood or "aura" will attack you, while the other uses spells to cause attacks on those using magic.
damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Michael
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
This three book set of The Asylum Tales, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 is a mystery/crime set in an urban fantasy setting, which of course means the rules of the world are quite different. Not exactly what I expected, but entertaining nonetheless.
Darcy
Oct 14, 2014 rated it liked it
It seemed like a lot happened and not a lot happened. I hate that Trixie feels like she has to make the choice she made, it's both right and wrong. I really like the relationship that Gage and Gideon are forging. They have the ability to radically change how things are done within the Towers.
Beverly
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I count the days for the next part to be delivered to my kindle!
Mary
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-story, fantasy
Book 3 of the Asylum Tales was broken into 3 parts. This is part 2.
Melindeeloo
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cliffee alert...
Solveig
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series has been one of my favorites and with a very good finale... Waiting for final part next week!!!
Jimmy
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jimmy by: Barnes & Noble.com
For me, the best this short story had to offer was us learning about Gage's security spell in his basement. The rest was so-so. On to the final installment in the series.
Lu
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The plot thickens and I can't wait to see how Gage takes down the Towers. On yo part three.
Lori Gibbany
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love the storyline. Good quick read but is part two of a three pay book. wish it had just came as one book.
Shawnie Nicole
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Come on Gage, get it together!
Peggy
Rebecca
Apr 25, 2015
Chrissy
Nov 14, 2014

• Kiss of Venom  (Elemental Assassin, #8.5)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
  • Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)
  • Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)
  • Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • Spider's Trap (Elemental Assassin, #13)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • High Voltage (Fever, #10)
  • The Master (The Game Maker, #2)
  • The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld #12)
  • Winter’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #17.5)
  • Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5)
  • Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)
New York Times Bestselling author Jocelynn Drake loves a good story, whether she is reading it or writing one of her own. Over the years, her stories have allowed her to explore space, talk to dragons, dodge bullets with assassins, hang with vampires, and fall in love again and again.

This former Kentucky girl has moved up, down, and across the U.S. with her husband. Recently, they’ve settled near

The Asylum Tales (3 books)
  • Angel's Ink (The Asylum Tales, #1)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Demon's Vengeance: The Complete Final Asylum Tales