Start by marking “The Duke's Guide to Correct Behavior (Dukes Behaving Badly, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Guide to Correct Behavior (Dukes Behaving Badly, #1)

The Duke's Guide to Correct Behavior

(Dukes Behaving Badly #1)

All of London knows the Duke of Rutherford has position and wealth. They also whisper that he’s dissolute, devilish, and determinedly unwed. So why, everyone is asking, has he hired a governess?

When Miss Lily Russell crosses the threshold of the Duke of Rutherford’s stylish townhouse, she knows she has come face to face with sensual danger. For this is no doting papa. Rath
Published November 25th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Guide to Correct Behavior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Guide to Correct Behavior

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
The Duke’s Guide to Correct Behavior is the first in Megan Frampton’s Dukes Behaving Badly series. It’s a fun, romantic, sexy story that does what I love most in my historical romance reading – it makes a mockery of the ton and the self righteous, pompous imbeciles who inhabit it.
Blurb…

When Miss Lily Russ
Sabrina Jeffries
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a funny, fabulous book! I fell in love with this duke, who was going through a transition in his life. And I really love governess stories, especially when the child the heroine is watching is so adorable. Not annoyingly adorable, just real and cute. And the heroine is wonderful! Great book.
Jessica
This could have been fun if it had been billed as a contemporary American billionaire romance, but alas. I mean, I was expecting a wallpaper historical, but this was beyond wallpaper. There were several times when I wished the author would have just had a unicorn walk down the street and called it fantasy. It would have been more believable. (And been no less nonsensical, frankly.)

I made it past the second time Rose talked about pudding (I'm pretty sure in the US sense), then decided to count h
Lorka
Nov 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Oh, Wow! And I really do love governess stories where there is a social standing difference that must be dealt with but love conquers all... I honestly could barely get to page 56, it was that corny, that annoying, that bad. The first annoying thing with the writing style in this book: inner dialogues. All the time, from both the hero and the heroine. The inner dialogues going on in their heads made them each come across as idiots. Complete idiots. Then there was the issue of what I just read in ...more
Tracy T.
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I loved the Duke Marcus and his not so dukely manners. He was quite entertaining. Handsome, strong and funny. So was our heroine Lily. They made a fantastic couple. The chemistry was great! Lots of sexual attraction and a nicely written sex scene towards the end but the attraction and sexual tension lasted through the entire book.

I am not normally a fan of so much inner dialogue thoughts but this one had some very funny lines. For example
Ally
Apparently Ms. Frampton's writing style just isn't for me. There's something about it that feels coerced, as if she tries too hard to be funny. The characters in this book are almost delightful and I would almost love this awkward Duke and the wry governess, but it was to hard to seriously care about them. Not sure if that makes a ton of sense, but there you have it.

Glad I read this book. But I doubt I'll read another by the same author unless desperate.
Lover of Romance
received a ARC copy in exchange for a honest review, thanks to Edelweiss and Avon Books.
The Duke's Guide To Correct Behavior, is the first book of the latest series by Megan Frampton...who is a new author to me. I will say that I was very impressed with this title....it had so much in it that I am looking for in a Regency Historical Romance, and in a solid and balanced story. The first thing that drew me to this story, was the idea of a hired governess. I always love a governess theme to a stor
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was an enjoyable enough story, with interesting characters and a passable plot. The writing could be a little too green for me at times, with some annoying inner monologues from both the male and female protagonists. I think their inner comments were supposed to be funny, but mostly I just found them childish.
Having said this, the dialogue between the two characters was completely different. The chemistry between them was almost tangible and I enjoyed how the author played with their roles
Taryn (Taryn and Her Books)
Mar 29, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ page 214

I tried to keep going but this was just so boring. Too much repetition of the word “proper”, not enough chemistry between the characters & the writing was too simple. I’ve heard some later books in this series are better so I might give those a try.
Tin
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Disclosure: I received this ARC through Edelweiss for this event. Thank you to Megan Frampton and Avon for the opportunity. Yes, this is an honest review.

* * *

As I read through this novel, I was reminded of Jack Nicholson's memorable line in As Good as It Gets : "You make me want to be a better man." -- I think the sentiment is the same for Marcus, the new Duke of Rutherford, who only has a vague idea of what it means to hold his title and has no future plans beyond choosing his new best friend
Michelle
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this romance! The witty dialogue (especially the internal dialogue) between the charmingly vulnerable Duke and the smart and ballsy governess was priceless! I giggled, and I believe I might have even snorted, while rereading some of the repartee in this fun, romantic book. I don't know that it was true to the period, but I liked it and will search out any other books this author chooses to write.
Lolly's Library
Marcus never expected to be a duke. He was raised to be a gentleman, but then his father died, and his brother died, and he was next in line to inherit the title. (From whence the original title comes, we still don't know – an uncle, perhaps?) So he spends his time in the throes of debauchery, drinking, gambling, wenching, and doing nothing more challenging in his life than balancing a spoon on his nose for longer than anyone else. Naturally, he's bored, so when his illegitimate daughter comes t ...more
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Pages read: 41

I can't do it. This book is just so so bad. Like I'm not too nitpicky about historical detail in historical romance but I can't handle this. She introduced herself as Miss Lily! Like, just no. I'll share some quotes later if I don't forget because there are a bunch of hilarious ones already.

If I never see the word virile again, it will be too soon.
Tracy Emro
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars - Fun, light read

This was a fun read. Very light with a lot of amusing dialogue.

Marcus and Lily are very likable. They meet when Marcus' daughter Rose is brought to him when her mother dies. Marcus hires Lily to be her governess.

Lily and her friends run an employment agency and she jumps at the chance to provide help to the duke's household. Since they have no one qualified - Lily takes the job.

Lily fell on hard times after her father died and the only employment she was able to ge
Jessica Grogan
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
DNF. This book started out great, which is why I'm giving it two stars. I made it almost halfway through and I still can't tell you the first thing about either character. Marcus' inner monologue made it seem like he wasn't overly intelligent but his behavior and dialogue were completely different. It was as if two different heroes were being written about. And then there's the fact that nothing was happening. It was just sort of plodding along with no action in sight. I agree with reviewers tha ...more
Jess
Jan 15, 2018 marked it as abandoned
So it's been a few months since I started this, and at 15%, I can't take it any more. This isn't funny, but the author thinks it is. So we are constantly, repeatedly exposed to jokes which fall flat. I'm cutting my losses.
Elodie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had some difficulties to read and finish this book, it was kind of a long read for me.
While I do loved my two previous reads by the author, this one was not for me, and I’m happy I haven’t read it previously as it was sitting on my kindle shelves for a while, I’m not sure I would have given a second chance to the author.
While I liked the hero, I definitively had a hard time with the heroine, I can do with women who are rendered speechless by a man sight, for a while but one who becomes a nitwi
Melann
Mar 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
J'abandonne après 16% et 2 mois mis de côté. La mention de "votre altesse" est très gênante. Je la trouve elle très dévergondée alors qu'elle se veut prude.
Bref, pas le temps de lire quelque chose où je n'accroche pas.
Els
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a very entertaining story, an easy read.
This book is a very good combination of humor and sentiment.
Landra Graf
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Originally posted on Smitten by Books*

In Frampton’s first book of the Dukes Behaving Badly series, I got a good dish of my favorite type of regency hero… a duke.

Thankfully, this duke is unconventional, as are the other main characters. From hero to heroine, not a single one is fit for the roles they’re thrust into. Yet, they attempt a marvelous job at following the rules, only to fail spectacularly. *claps hands*

The Duke of Rutherford, Marcus, was never supposed to be duke. In fact, he’s been t
Claudia
this is a difficult review, the first half was not really good and I thought about quitting it at the beginning.

but both characters really grew on me - especially Marcus won my heart with his honesty.

so all in all, a nice read and a good start to a new series

review to come

Disclaimer: an ARC was provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review
herdys
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
3,5 stars! This book was just what I needed. A light, fluffy romance with cats and a super cute kid. Just as a nice as Anabelle's short story. Hope Caroline will get a book too ^^
Aly
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Marcus never thought he would be a Duke someday. But after his father then his brother died after inherited the title from the previous duke, he became the new Duke of Rutherford. Marcus doesn't want the responsibilities that come with being a duke, like having to find a wife and producing heir. He was happy with his simple life of walking, drinking, gambling and fornicating, without everyone monitoring all his actions and having of take care of things. The only element about inherited a duk
Samantha
Dec 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Jessica Robbins
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Leigh
Dec 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Theme: Duke hero, heroine governess, heroine in disguise, Hero has a child from OW, virgin heroine

It was a fun read in the beginning. I don't know what happened in the middle why I can't connect with the story anymore. The ending was a little bit cheesy for me (and unrealistic in the time).
Bethany
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Very cute! I loved the banter, and I loved the Duke trying to be a better person. <3
Angie Elle
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thank you to AVON and Edelweiss for providing a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The Duke’s Guide to Correct Behavior was a fun read about a self-deprecating duke and the pseudo-governess who, at his request, attempts to tame him.

It seems whenever I’m in a reading rut, it’s a historical romance that pulls me out of it. This one was no exception. Lily and Marcus, the Duke of Rutherford, were such likable characters. Lily was a woman who’d been forced into ‘improper’ work
Jaclyn
I’ve read a couple of Megan Frampton’s other historical romances, so I was quite happy to see she had a new one coming out. I snapped up this advance copy and tore through it in a day. The Duke’s Guide to Correct Behavior was a cute little romance, filled with great scenes of humour. And, it happily kicks off a historical romance series.

The new Duke of Rutherford has a problem. The child he’s always known about but never met, has been delivered to his doorstep. Confronted with his daughter, Marc
Smitten
Originally posted on Smitten by Books Blog

Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 11, 2015 05:47PM

• The Duke in My Bed (The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels, #1)
  • The Trouble with Being a Duke (At the Kingsborough Ball, #1)
  • Moonlight On My Mind (Second Sons, #3)
  • The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4)
  • The Ruin of a Rogue (The Wild Quartet, #2)
  • In Your Wildest Scottish Dreams (MacIain, #1)
  • Winning Miss Wakefield (Wallflower Weddings, #2)
  • Must Love Dukes (Tricks of the Ton, #1)
  • Love and Let Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #3)
  • Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard (The Renegade Royals, #1)
  • Catch a Falling Heiress (An American Heiress in London, #3)
  • The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides, #1)
  • Secrets of a Scandalous Heiress (The Matchmaker Trilogy, #3)
  • The Naked Laird (Naked Nobility, #2.5)
  • I've Got My Duke to Keep Me Warm (The Lords of Worth, #1)
Megan Frampton's love affair with books began when her parents moved her to a remote town in New Hampshire where there was only one television station. And then the TV broke. She devoured every book of fiction in her well-read parents' library, finding special joy in Georgette Heyer and the fairy tales collected and translated by Andrew Lang. Megan majored in English literature at Barnard College ...more

Dukes Behaving Badly (5 books)
  • Put Up Your Duke (Dukes Behaving Badly, #2)
  • One-Eyed Dukes Are Wild (Dukes Behaving Badly, #3)
  • Why Do Dukes Fall in Love? (Dukes Behaving Badly, #4)
  • My Fair Duchess (Dukes Behaving Badly, #5)
“Remind me how to play? Or actually, tell me how to play. I don't think I ever have before." His mouth tensed, briefly, and Lily added another item to her increasing store of knowledge of how sad the duke's childhood had been.

All three of them had been orphaned in their own ways, hadn't they? No wonder they got along so well. It felt . . . it almost felt as though they were a family.”
1 likes
“The party had gone spectacularly well, with only one and a half vomiting incidents, two hair-pulling fights, and four tragic tantrums about not winning.” 0 likes