Start by marking “Final Admission” as Want to Read:
Final Admission

Final Admission

When Ethan Williams lands a job at Bingwell, Brock and Bacon, he realizes his coworkers aren’t exaggerating about James Trenchard. He really is a dick. But after Ethan is forced to work closely with James, he realizes there’s more to the lawyer than meets the eye.

Vibrant Ethan is a desperate reason to live again as James endures silent guilt and abuse from his husband
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 230 pages
Published February 26th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Final Admission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Admission

Start your review of Final Admission
Mona
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
2 stars, for the potential this book actual had of being GREAT...and minus 3, for all the extra disappointment added along the way.

description
Gigi
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so here is another re-read that I completely changed my mind about. I remember really loving this one and how powerful the domestic violence storyline was to me during the first read almost two years ago. During this re-read I didn't even make it to 30% before giving up because I was so disgusted with how crass the two MCs were. MC James is a married man and his husband had suffered a head injury in an auto accident that caused a complete change in his personality and caused him to be ...more
T.A. Webb
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ethan Williams is one of the newest junior team members in the advertising firm of Bingwell, Brock and Bacon. And already, he's heard about the infamous James Trenchard. The man must be a horrible person, judging from the amount of fascinated gossip flying around about him. And he's not even a partner - just an attorney. Well, lead attorney.

So when Mr. Trenchard starts flirting with him in his first staff meeting, what's a guy to do? Fight back of course, and let the man know he's nobody's fool.
Sara
Final Admission was an interesting story, you have to call it interesting when the first line introduces one of the main characters as a dick, right?

Ethan Williams meets James Trenchard, whose name is spoken in those italics quite often, as he is going in to a meeting at his new job with the agency. Trenchard has a reputation as a shameless flirt and while seated across the table from him, Ethan finds out just how shameless. Though attracted to Trenchard, Ethan decides the guy isn’t for him and
Lisa Worrall
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Sue Brown - there - I've said it. It's out there and I don't want to take it back. I have yet to read anything of hers that has left me feeling short-changed and when I picked up Final Admission, she didn't let me down.

The Queen of Angst strikes again in a poignant love story revolving around a devastatingly all too common situation, but one that is hardly ever mentioned - domestic violence on a man. Ms Brown handles it with flair and aplomb and the utmost sensitivity.

Your heart not only
Debra
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This book deals with a difficult subject and was quite an emotional read. On the one hand I could understand where everyone was coming from, but on the other hand I couldn't believe what I was reading.

I thought Ethan was a strong character and did what he had to do. It's not easy to love someone who refuses to help themselves or be helped and the decision to stay and watch or walk away to preserve yourself is not easy. I was angry with the families and the police and James, but again sometimes
Cindi
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2012
Vivian
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fr, romance-contemp
Kinda hard to say I actually liked this story because there were so many elements to it that made me uncomfortable or less than thrilled. First, stories that feature domestic violence are never easy and this one isn't a scene in passing for context. This is a front row seat with the reader as the helpless witness.

Ethan was the only one who had his head on reasonably well in this story. Sure I can understand the argument of slow escalation paralyzing people and them being in denial, but COME ON.
A.M. Arthur
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2015
My first book by this author (yay for $.99 promos!) and it definitely will not be the last. I don't read a lot of romances that stick to one POV, but it was perfect for this story. I laughed and I got mad and at the same time, could totally understand James's motivations (even if I didn't agree). Domestic violence is never an easy topic to tackle (nor should it be) and the author handled it extremely well. The final chapter was also adorably perfect.
Romance
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so torn. So rarely I read a book that makes me have to put it down because I'm genuinely upset. Once it's down, it's done. I put it down three times and even felt the need to talk about it at work. I got my HEA (unicorn, rainbows, and all) which is unusual for Sue Brown. Her HEA generally come with a few storm clouds. Final Admission felt more like a hurricane, much later I'm thinking to myself "What the fuck just happened?" I was genuinely bothered, but my friend pointed out that a good ...more
Phoebe Gee
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a bit torn on this one. It was well written, tragic, hot, and funny, but the way James and his family handled his situation did not mesh well with how strong their personalities were portrayed. If that makes any sense?

The instant love, and how Ethan just jumped right into the whole debacle might have put me off even more if not for my own personal experiences:

I divorced my first husband January 1996 and planned to be a happily single mother..FOREVER!!! I had my first date with my current
Betryal
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Missing words and errors made it conflicting to rate this story and I debated on rating it lower than I had, however it was still a very good read and based on that; for that reason alone it warranted the rating I gave it.
Elspeth
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mmr, kindle
Not a bad story but the editing leaves a lot to be desired.
Fernanda Parente
Just the kind of books I like...loved it
Meggie
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama, romance
I decided to listen to an unabridged audio version of this story. And I have to admit, today I couldn't accept James as a character. His way of thinking was wrong and emotionally bad for him and for his husband. And then Ethan behaved irrational the same way as James. So overall, no, today I couldn't enjoy such a foolishly weak story!

2011/November/16 4 star rating
This story was emotionally well plotted drama. The emotions were so well written, that they made this story real. I really liked it.
Joanne
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's a typical Sue Brown story, emotional, angsty, with a storyline that pulls no punches. I adored James and Ethan, and I understood James, maybe because a long time ago I was in a simialr type of relationship so I understood the emotional pull of a dying relationship, even one that is so distructive. I loved that Ethan hung in there and let James do what he had to do, even though he hated it and wanted nothing more than James safe. This was a very emotional satisfying book ...more
Cat
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, m-m, contemporary
Ryan
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be the first to admit, that when I first started reading m/m romance novels a few years ago, I wasn't expecting much from them. I had hoped I would be entertained by the stories, and at the least, be able to get lost in the romance unfolding on the page. I wasn't even all that concerned about the hotness of the sex scenes, as most of the time, I tend to just skim through them. I just wanted a few hours of mindless entertainment, and in a few cases, that's what I've gotten. More often than ...more
Candice
I can't rate this. Why? It wouldn't be fair to the author. On one hand I really enjoyed this and on the other I absolutely hated it.

I spent most of my time wanting to strangle James. Then the rest of the time I wanted to bitch slap Ethan. Okay, now that I got my anger out of the way, let's talk about the book.

I do not condone cheating. I actually do not read a book if it contains cheating. I had no idea cheating was involved in this, but I read on. Could I understand where James was coming from?
Maggie Simms
I never read a book that fluctuated so much on what the final rating would be as I read through it. This is one book that would have benefited from editing. I am quite linient on editing errors for self-published books except when it makes the pages not flow well and the ideas choppy.

When I started reading it, I felt that it was hard to follow: it was a lot of 'telling' how James in a dick rather than 'showing' you and letting you come up with your own conclusion. Some of the sentences were
Ayanna
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lmao-what, meh, reviewed
There are aspects that are weird and kitschy that kind of ruined the entire thing a bit. And also, the initiation of sex was awkward.

James. What the fuck is up with James. Is he or isn't he a womanizer? And if he is, why did he so readily admit to having a husband? Was there some excu- *cough cough * explanation mixed in somewhere that I overlooked?

It weirded me out how Ethan started casually calling him Jim, and James was okay with it. I dunno...I have this thing were I guess certain nicknames
Awilk -never sleeps-
I would like to take my hat off to Sue Brown for writing a story about such a difficult and heartbreaking subject. Spousal abuse is a serious problem, and this author handled it with love and care. We never know what is happening in someone else's life, and we can't know why they make the decisions that they do.
James was a man who stayed with his abusive partner, and his reasons may not make sense to you, but his decisions were his own and I could easily understand them. I didn't like it, but I
Jacq ~
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written so very well. I felt as if I was a fly on the wall. Allowed to sit back and enjoy how life really revolves.

Stefan Erasmus
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book that I couldn't finish, but couldn't leave alone either. everytime I think I'm done and wont read any further, I come back for more. I loved it in the end! witty funny but also a lot of emotion in each page. ****
Sunne
The characters and the story didn't work for me, I felt them being kind of incosistent.
Fehu
I hated to see that it took James so long to actually do something and that all of them just accepted it and didn't film it or James when he admited the abuse and then gone to the police with it.
V
Mar 04, 2014 added it
Stephanie
Margo
Sue Brown is a good writer who depresses the hell out of me, and this book is exactly why -- by the time this book comes to a conclusion, there is so much toxic history between the MCs that it's hard to imagine them ever being truly happy. In addition, Ethan is going to always have problems with James -- he's a high-maintenance, immature PITA who up until the end of the book has shown signs of immaturity and selfishness that show no signs of abating.
Amneris Cesare
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, well written and organized, loved the MC and the minor ones, the theme - domestic abuse - and the final ending. Why not 5 stars instead? Because might have been too much one sided for my taste, always James and never the other one in the couple. Too much information about one MC and too few about the other. That's it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Final Admission by Sue Brown 1 11 Feb 25, 2014 11:09PM

• Owl's Slumber (Trials of Fear, #1)
  • Unscripted
  • For Real (Spires, #3)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • Keeping Sweets (Newport Boys #1)
  • Lucky's Seven (Team Paladin #1)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3)
  • Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4)
  • Cole's Redemption (Alpha Pack, #5)
  • Dravyn's Garden (D'Vaire #15)
  • The Destroyers
  • His Majesty's U-boat
  • The Lion at Sea (Captain Kelly Maguire Trilogy Book 1)
  • Deep Silence
Cranky middle-aged author with an addiction for coffee, and a passion for romancing two guys.
“The expression on James' face was priceless. "The pizza man wants to meet me?” 4 likes