Start by marking “Psychic Warrior (Psychic Warrior, #1)” as Want to Read:
Psychic Warrior (Psychic Warrior, #1)

Psychic Warrior

(Psychic Warrior #1)

HE'S THE ULTIMATE COMMANDO: INVISIBLE. INVULNERABLE. INVINCIBLE.

PSYCHIC WARRIOR
In 1981 psychics were secretly gathered in a classified military facility to "remote-view" enemy targets.  It didn't work. Project Grill Flame was disbanded.  Or so the public was told.  That was a lie.  Renamed Bright Gate, today it is a top secret operation few know exists. Its objective is to
Published August 8th 2000 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Psychic Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychic Warrior

Larry B Gray
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a great book that will grab you by the seat of your pants and will not let you go until you finish the book? If so, Psychic Warrior by Bob Mayer is definitely the book for you. This fast paced, action packed thriller kept me glued to the pages from page one to the end.

The author did an excellent job of developing a story that was full of intrigue and plot twist. Yet, at the same time it was easy to read and follow. With the fast pace of the book and all the action it will kee
J.
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
It seemed really well thought out plot wise. Until the end. It just felt rushed at the ending. But up to that point we see Doherty's experience at ease in the explanations of his story.

I will be reading the further books in the series, because I have an interest in this field to start with. So I wasn't put off by the ending, it just didn't feel right after the exposition of the rest of the novel.
George Gutowski
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the well crafted thriller. The olde American Soviet rivalry still resonates. The reader will be satisfied with the American point of view that our guys are fighting for good and the Soviets who played with dangerous technology are seriously flawed. Interesting use of evil within good narrative with excellent reflections of human foibles on both American and Soviet err Russian side.

The next war is usually won by the military with the new thinking. this is new thinking.
Jolyn
Mar 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnr
I didn't care for this story and stopped reading after the tenth chapter. The story is not "bad" or poorly written; I just don't like it. The violence/killing is too graphic and I am not comfortable that the military men are being forced to do things that they really feel are unsafe. Yes, I know members of the military are often put in unsafe situations (called war) but this is unsafe experimentation and they have no choice in the matter.
Sage
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Moving story, but why would anyone choose to work for the New World Order!?
Bill Bowne
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit far-fetched, but an involved and fun read. Looking forwards to the next volume in the series.
Rodger Nelson
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Loved the premise of a psychic soldier. Although the whole idea of the cyborg guy kind of was extreme.
Campbell, c
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real spell binder!

Well, well do I have egg on my face. I was scrolling through books trying to find one that seemed to fit what I liked to read. Picked this one on a whim. After getting through the salad course of preliminary information the main course arrived. Boy! What a book. I was hooked! Read it all in one seating. Learning how to travel and traveling in a physic state to prevent destruction of nations starting WWIII a team meets with an opposing Chroyt who has his own agenda as well as
Donna
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great concept. Warriors not only able to remote view, but with the ability to travel to a location via the virtual plane. Talk about espionage capabilities. This one is a thriller and a major page turner. If you're into Ludlum with a twist, try this one.
Divaesque Princess
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good story, interesting characters and concept. I liked how it feeds on the theories re: HAARP. I would love to see a sequel, I feel the story is unfinished.
RJ
I'm getting a little dismayed with Bob Mayer of late. His military paranormal books held my interest in the beginning, but the last couple books are sort of...meh!
Thomas Roth
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very frightening concept to think about. Good surely overcomes evil in this but at a horrific price.
Debra Parmley
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating story

Fascinating story and very different from other books of Bob's that I have read. I'd love to know how much is fiction and how much is possible.
Aleksandr Voinov
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars, as I read (but didn't manage to finish) the sample. I can't get over Mayer's style, it just doesn't gel for me.
Michael Young
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story by one of my favorite writers! It is book one of a series, but stands on it's own well. A complicated, technical concepts made understandable and believable.
Kim Conde
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Quite a good story and well written
Steve
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great thriller - very believable. I will definitely look for other books by this same author.
David
Dec 20, 2013
Madasi
Oct 27, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Synbat (The Green Berets, #3)
  • Bermuda Triangle (Atlantis, #2)
  • Faith Creation, All Lies Revealed
  • Ethereal Messenger: Three Novels
  • The Venom of Vipers
  • Warrior Quest (The Ancient Lands, #1)
  • Ancient Awakening
  • Rekindled
  • Chasing Eden (Eden Thrillers #1)
  • EarthRise (Sauron, #2)
  • Alpha Rising
  • The Call of the Sword (Chronicles of Hawklan, #1)
  • A Secret in Salem
  • Escape Out of Darkness (Maggie Bennett, 1)
  • Wing (The Unfinished Song, #5)
  • Noir, City Shrouded By Darkness (Shades of Gray #1)

Psychic Warrior (2 books)
  • Project Aura (Psychic Warrior, #2)