Start by marking “Final Lap (Fast Track, #8)” as Want to Read:
Final Lap (Fast Track, #8)

Final Lap

(Fast Track #8)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,406 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
Switching into high gear……

At a friend’s lavish wedding, Harley McLain and her twin sister, Charity, meet sexy stock-car driver Cooper Brickman. The more reserved Harley is immediately smitten—until he hits on her twin. But Harley has had enough of being the “nice” girl, and after trading dresses with Charity, she seduces Cooper for a night of wild sex.

……ready for a
Published October 7th 2014 by Berkley

♥Rachel♥
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I’m a big fan of Erin McCarthy’s new adult series,True Believers , so I jumped at the chance to read one of her adult romances. Ms. McCarthy doesn’t disappoint in Final Lap and all the things I love about her writing are present in this story as well. It was heartfelt, realistic, fun and sexy!

Harley McLain is the sensible, steady twin while her sister Charity is known as the saucy, seductive flirt of the two. Usually this doesn’t bother Harley much, but at a friend’s wedding she meets her racin
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rosalie‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

A great read that shows how the good girl doesn’t always finish last.
The opportunity to switch places with your completely identical, but also completely opposite, sister, in gorgeous Asheville proves to be too much to pass up for Harley and Charity McLain. The normal and timid Harley agrees to switch places with the ever so sexy Charity, and talks it up with her long time from afar crush, Coo
Dee
3.5 Stars

I was really into this book and was thinking I was gonna give it 4 Stars but the ending left a lot to be desired so downgraded to 3.5. I just felt it was all wrapped up really quickly and the business of the mother arriving back on the scene after abandoning her child and then threatening for custody etc etc was a real waste of time/page space and cannot understand why it was written that way :/
Christa
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
While I am very sad to see this great series conclude, I loved this final book in the series. Harley was a wonderful and nurturing character, and Cooper was an appealing man and protective older brother. The two of them were great together, and I liked the way they took care of Mary Jane together. The twins changing places storyline was entertaining, and I enjoyed watching it all play out.
Stephanie
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it
FINAL LAP by Erin McCarthy: Twin Turbo Action

For me, an important aspect of sport-based romance novels/series is whether the premise and story are sport specific. Could any sport, or activity even, be swapped in for whatever the sport in the book/series is? If not, then the series might just be cashing in on a trend.

In this instance, the truth is that while I know very little about NASCAR, the story feels as if it is specific to the sport. The way the race
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it
A last revisit of where the previous characters are at in life along with a romance of racecar driver Cooper Brickman and Harley McLain make up this final book in the series.

I enjoyed all the previous books in the series and at one time the last book was supposed to be Eve Monroe’s but two more books have come since then. My honest feelings are it should have ended two books ago. If it wasn’t for the filler of weddings and charity events which included the previous characters this book would ha
Michelle [Helen Geek]
3.5 / 4 Stars.

A nice end to this series. I enjoyed it.
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings on this book. Full review to come. I am sad that this is the last book in the series but I am also glad McCarthy did not drag it out anymore.
Cristina
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved thos book. I also loved the series and this book was one of the Best. Must read!!!!! XOXO
Heather Mckenna
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think Mj stole the show in this book. she needed a good spanking a few times, but I liked her a lot. I really enjoyed this one and am sad that it is the end of the series.
Helyce
Reviewed here first: http://smexybooks.com/2014/10/review-...

Cooper Brickman’s racing season is going downhill fast. Saddled with his much younger half-sister, 13 year old Mary-Jane, he’s finding it difficult to balance life as he knew it. His driving is off, he’s down on points and in the standings and it’s been months since he’s been with a woman. The thing is, he really loves his sister. Intelligent beyond her years, bright and beautiful, she’s definitely not your typical 13 year old. She nee
Mazmum
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it
It's always bittersweet saying goodbye to a series you have loved, which is why I pretty much waited three years to read this final piece.

Whilst I loved some of this book, mainly being focused around the relationship between Harley and MJ (because Cooper's sister was an awesome character), I'll admit other things didn't work so well for me.

Cooper was a douche in my eyes to sleep with 'Charity' and then start to feel something for MJ, then throw a teenage strop and kiss Charity when his ego was
Kennedy
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Guilty pleasure series. I've enjoyed every book. They aren't earth shattering but it's a fun and easy read. It's a fictional group of people I'd love to hang out with. Recommend when you want something quick and a little dirty. ;)
Rosie
Jul 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Library Book. This was the worst book. I couldn't even finish it. The storyline was stupid (what little story it had).
Doley
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The twin thing was fun and I love when Harley could let go, good end to a series I enjoyed reading.
Jessica
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
While I haven't read any of the seven books that come before Final Lap, I was definitely excited to see what Erin McCarthy had in store for us readers in her latest contemporary sports romance release. I've read some of her new adult books and really enjoyed them, so I couldn't wait to pick up Final Lap and see how things would heat up both on and off the race track…

Harley McLain is used to being the sensible, quiet twin while her sister Charity is the confident, sexy one who isn't afraid to put
Sandy S
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 7, 2014

Switching into high gear……

……ready for a hot lap.

What was supposed to be a one-night fling gets complicated when Cooper
Debbie Lester
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Erin McCarthy takes readers back to the track in her final Fast Track novel, Final Lap. Fans of the series will enjoy a last look into the lives of some of the previous characters in the series, as well as, a "switched" up romance that is sexy, funny and most importantly... hot! McCarthy does a fantastic job of showcasing the racing industry and keeps readers interested with a sweet romantic connection. A good final book to wrap things up with the series!

What I liked:

I wasn't sure I was going to
Under the Covers Book Blog
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it

This book made me happy.  Why, you may ask?  Because it made me think back to a few years back and the excitement of finding this series.  I can usually devour these in one sitting and they leave me completely satisfied with what I just read.  And quite frankly, the books that I've been coming across, haven't been leaving that taste in my mouth.

FINAL LAP was thoroughly enjoyable. A smart heroine who thinks she isn't sexy enough.  A hot hero who is the player type.  And sparks that sizzled the p

Ellie
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Final Lap, Fast Track #8, By Erin McCarthy
Grade: B

“But what she hadn’t realized was that when her Cinderella was let out to the ball, she became a kinky sex goddess.”

Harley McLain has always been the good twin and it has gotten her nowhere with men. Desperate to have a man really desire her for once she switches places with her “bad” twin Charity and goes after what she wants: Cooper Brickman. For one night Harley lets loose an has the most amazing night ever but sneaks out silently in the morni
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

Final Lap is the last book in the beloved Fast Track series by Erin McCarthy. The Fast Track series has ran a great race and will be forever in the winner circle of favorite book series. We have met the sexy Nascar driver’s and watched them get out lapped by strong sexy woman. These guys definitely know how to drive like champions in the bedroom. This series is loaded with excitement, quirky characters, fast humor, and sexy romances. It’s sad to see this series end.

Final Lap is the grand finale
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

This book made me happy. Why, you may ask? Because it made me think back to a few years back and the excitement of finding this series. I can usually devour these in one sitting and they leave me completely satisfied with what I just read. And quite frankly, the books that I’ve been coming across, haven’t been leaving that taste in my mouth.

FINAL LAP was thoroughly enjoyable. A smart heroine who thinks she isn’t sexy enough. A hot hero who is the player type. And sparks that sizzled the pages.

T
Sultry Steamy Reading
Please check out my review at:

I’m surprised that for a series that was slowly going downhill, this final book ended on a good note. I’m giving this book four red hearts because it gave me two stories in one book.

Downward dog
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to write an honest review for Cocktails and Books.
FINAL LAP is another charming story by Erin McCarthy. I’ve read and enjoyed all the Fast Track books about hot, racecar drivers and I’m sad this is the last book in the series. This story centers on Harley and Charity, they are identical twins and although they look alike, they each have their own individual personalities. Charity is the sexy twin, but she’s tired of men looking at
Ishabelle

First, the whole twin-swap between Harley and Charity may have started out wrong, but it ended being funny and sweet. I like Charity. She’s this sexy, liberated twin who secretly just wants a guy to take her seriously. Wait, not a guy. A man. She wants Jeff but he acts as if he does not see her at all. Little does sh
Crazychriss889
“You seem very maternal and stable.”
Ouch.
Harley is used to guys not seeing her as the sexy one, the hot one, the one to seduce.
And it just seems like Cooper is not different than all the other douches.

Writing style?
Enjoyed it :D Just the right amount of everything: dialogues, thoughts, minor characters,...

Story?
Liked it.
Two twin sisters swapping makes for a great story.
With a hint of drama, a hint of jealousy and protectiveness as well as lots of love.

Characters?
I disliked Coop a bit in the beg
M
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
- Funny parts throughout the book had me laughing out loud frequently
- Premise = interesting
- Amusing, light-hearted, entertaining story
- Interesting social commentary about looks and the fine balance between attractive and overtly sexual at the beginning when the twins Charity and Harley are at the wedding
- Lots of funny moments between the twins:
“I can’t do this,” she told Charity, panicking.
Her sister gave her a stern look. “Did you see that look he gave you? Girl, just have another vodka ton
Kayla
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Final Lap by Erin McCarthy
Review by: Kayla
Synopsis: Switching into high gear……
……ready for a hot lap.
What was supposed to be a one-night fling gets complicated when Coope
Krissys
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
I received a digital and print copy in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley and Berkley.

Final Lap was a great way to close the Fast Track series although I could honestly see it going much farther. I enjoyed it because Harley was a character personality you don't get to walk with too often these days. She's both strong in and out of the bedroom, and while conservative and intelligent she isn't imposing and she isn't a person that gets lost in the background. She has a steady presence tha
  • Straddling the Line (Play by Play, #8)
  • Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • A Long, Hard Ride
  • Across the Line (In the Zone, #2)
  • Stick Shift (Bad Boys of Racing, #1)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)
  • The Devil in Denim (New York Saints, #1)
  • A Fighting Chance
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
  • Fourth and Goal (Seattle Lumberjacks, #1)
  • Game On (Out of Bounds, #1)
  • Danger Zone (Adrenaline Highs, #2)
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Run to You (Military Men #2)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

Fast Track (8 books)
  • Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1)
  • Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2)
  • Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)
  • The Chase (Fast Track, #4)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • Jacked Up (Fast Track, #6)
  • Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7)
“Harley studied his erection, lightly running her fingers over the smooth skin. His cock jumped at her touch. It was a pretty penis, she had to say. Good length, pleasing circumference. Not too big, not too small... the Goldilocks of cocks. Just right.” 1 likes