Start by marking “Ravaged (The Hunger #3)” as Want to Read:
Ravaged (The Hunger #3)

Ravaged

(The Hunger #3)

Welcome to the mountains of Pennsylvania, one of the last vestiges of the human race.

Lance York, a self-described loser in another life, has rediscovered himself in the midst of the apocalypse. Along with a cadre of other survivors, including the hardened, sexy Cass, Lance has taken refuge in a compound, struggling to survive the onslaught of monstrosities descending upon
Published March 4th 2014 by Createspace (first published March 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ravaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravaged

Mr. Matt
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, horror, vampires
Lance and Cass and the rest of the crew are back. After taking care of Ralph, the crazed militia leader, and taking over his camp, things seemed pretty good for the survivors. True, Pittsburgh and the rest of human civilization were overrun by ravenous hordes of the infected, but at their little compound east of the city they had carved out a little bit of security. They even had power back up! It seemed to good to be true. And, of course, it was.

The infected were continuing to change and mutate
AudioBookReviewer
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ABR's original Ravaged audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Is this the end of the human race? Ralph and most of his men were dead. It was several weeks later and Lance was still hurting from the knife wound in his shoulder. Now he had the added job of running the camp. Cass was second in command and Doc Emmett Brown took care of the camp’s sick and dying.
Night patrol guards armed with guns and powerful flashlights watched for the Vlads. But something was happening
Theresa
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This is the final book in this series and, in my opinion, the best one of the bunch. Some of the slower pacing from the first two installments was gone and this one was very fast paced... more gory too, but what do you expect in a horror novel? Lance and Cass both have definitely come a long way from where they started and Brant did a great job developing them, especially Lance. He gave just enough detail to their relationship to show it without letting it take over the plot. The new vi
Soobie's scared
Well, I finished this morning at 3.15... When I woke up I was a zompire myself.

Again, in this book is more about crazy humans rather than zompires and I don't like this that much. I mean, when I read I prefer reading about fantasy creatures rather then crazy humans: the world's full of them!

While I was reading, I thought: jeez, this novel can only be set in the US. No European country - except maybe Finland* - would have that much fire power at home. My grandpa used to have an old unregistered
Jamie
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just now finished reading Ravaged (The Hunger #3) which is the third and final book in the The Hunger and I was simply blown away. I think I'm coming down with the flu, my throat is sore, my nose wont quit running, my heads pounding and I feel miserable but none of that mattered. I could not put this book down today. At around the 78% mark I noticed something very odd, my pulse was literally pounding, not from being sick or anything but from sheer excitement as the plot was nearing it's incred ...more
Ebony Irby
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, zombie
So much better than book 2!!! This book was more about the fight for survival, not only from the monster, but from the humans as well. I love how the author went more in depth with the other characters, not just Lance and Cassie like it was in book 2. I truly enjoyed this series and am glad I stumbled upon it. I loved the whole vampire aspect of this book, and how they were different from traditional zombies series, but in a way still the same.
April Dawn
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book one was slow, but started getting me more toward the end.
Book two was a lot better and kept me hooked and ready for the next.
Book three was the best! I was captivated and involved all through it. Even griping to people around me on if so-so was really dead I was going to freak out! LOL
I am glad I stuck with book one!
Darren
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
Eva Husky
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Really enjoyed this book almost as much as Slow Burn. Wish there was a fourth book. Will wait for it.
John Podlaski
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first series in this genre that I've given 5 stars to each of the books comprising the series; each book better than its predecessor! I thoroughly enjoyed Ravaged, yet it seems to be the most gruesome of the three. Daywalkers are almost extinct - each having evolved into wicked Vladdies - the most fearsome and dangerous of the mutants. They're creating underground nests - sleeping during the day and going out into the night to hunt and Ravenge.

The foursome have managed to take over R
Susan
Book 3 picks up roughly 1 month after Book 2 ends. Our heroes are still at the compound they wrested away from the maniacal Ralph. Other survivors continue to join them and the camp’s resources are starting to strain. Add to that, the infected monsters seem to be getting smarter and are targeting the camp. Even with the arrival of a new ally, they might not survive.

Our main foursome continue to face the odds. Each one of them has a demon or three to face in this installment of The Hunger series.
Terri Baldwin
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be chosen to beta read this book by the author. This is the third book in The Hunger series, and I didn’t think he could top book two. Book two was a fast-paced Hell ride through an apocalyptic nightmare. I was wrong. Book three blew me away and had me thinking of the book when I had to put it down and walk away and deal with real life. I desperately wanted to lock myself away from everyone and read this book in one sitting.

The “Vladdies” as they’re referred to in the book
Michael Loring
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ravaged is the third in Author Jason Brant’s The Hunger series, the one where an infection has turned everyone into bloodthirsty monsters – or Vladdies (vampires).

It’s been a few weeks since the end of Consumed (the second book in the series) and everything has fallen into relative peace. Well, “peace” isn’t the right word to use when you spend the night fighting off mutated humans who could tear your freaking head off. That “peace” is disrupted with the realization that the Vladdies are learnin
Rosemary
Shelves: favorites
It has been 173 days since I read Consumed (yes I counted the days) and was surprised, as it felt like just the other day, and yet, on the other hand it felt like forever as I waited anxiously to find out what happened to our motley crew. Ravaged, I am happy to say, was worth every second of the wait.

I wish I could tell you about everything that happened in this book as there was a lot of really, really good stuff happening all the time - I obviously can't - but what I can tell you, is that you
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
This is third installment in The Hunger Trilogy. Wrapping up one of the best PA series I have read. Please note I will assume if you are here you have read Devoured and Consumed.

Well after the shocker epilogue in Consumed where I cursed Jason Brant for having killed Lance, and then brought him back to life, doesn’t he realize that it is cruel and unusual punishment to do that to his readers. We care about these characters, we are not ready to have them killed. Things had settled down at the camp
Brian Switzer
Terrific finish to a spectacular series

Ravaged, Jason Brant's final book in The Hunger trilogy, finishes the tale of some of the best-written characters in the Z/A genre. Lance, Cass, Doc Brown and Eifort are names Brant fans have come to know and love.

The Vladdies still own the night; and in a development that may well mean the end of mankind, they've developed rudimentary communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Enter the military and the egomaniacal Cash to save the day. Or doe
Claire Thake
Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to Jason Brant for gifting me copies of The Hunger series audio books for review. It really was a pleasure to listen to them all and the voice of Wayne June who was the perfect choice for these books. I cannot express how much I have enjoyed this series, and plan to read all of them again in book form instead of audio book.

Ravaged is the 3rd book in The Hunger Series and if I'm honest I'm very sad to see the end of it and no more be able to step into t
Heidi
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ravaged is the third, and final installment of Jason Brant's Hunger books. At the beginning we are reunited with our favorite odd couple of Lance and Cass, and also Dr. Brown and Eifort. The activities at the compound are about to go to hell in a handbag as those who have contracted the Xavier virus have mutated even more. They are starting to regain some of their intelligence. The Vladdies are becoming bolder in the attempts used to catch surviving humans, and seemed to have developed ways to ...more
David Foster
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This last book in the series (at least for now, though the author did leave some wiggle-room at the end for a fourth book) is not as good as the first or second, but is still a good follow-on. If you've read the first two, it's worth it to get one more dose of Lance's well-intentioned ineptitude and to see how the rest of the characters wrap things up. Some of the originality wears off by the third book, but it's still a good group of characters, and the author knows how to keep things interesti ...more
NormaCenva
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
To be honest this one was less interesting then the previous two, but the semantics of the relationships between all the characters was where the most enjoyable reading parts were for me. I am especially grateful to the author for including and supporting the secondary characters "age gap" relationship story as well, now a days it is so rare to see a non judgmental take on such a theme. There was a lot of hopeful positivist in this book, and it seemed not as dark as the others. it really did wor ...more
Rene Folsom
Just when I think Jason can't outdo his last book, he surprises me again. Ravaged is by far the most graphic and action packed of all the books in The Hunger series... hell, it might even be the most graphic of all his books. The plot continues to carry you through this massive pileup of sh%thole situations these characters find themselves in, and the savage behavior of both the monsters and humans seems all too realistic.

Pick it up and continue with the story about Lance and Cass. You won't be
Laurel Heidtman
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Damn, I hate to see this series end! Each book in the series was better than the one before it. The characters are fantastic, the action is nonstop, and there's even some funny moments. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Jason Brant will decide to return to this world one day. While the story wraps up just the way it should, I can see it continuing several years past when Ravaged ends. Maybe he'll never do it, but it's tops on my wish list!
Jackino Amato
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jackino by: no one
I really like this series. It drew me in and I am so wanting more! I grew to like and care about the main characters. The Post-Apocalyptic world was thrilling and interesting. Throughout the series I grew more and more fond of the authors style.

I really hope the author continues to make this series
Darren Dilnott
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Part 3 of Jason Brant's utterly brilliant Hunger series was an incredible read. This was a relentless, heart pounding, full throttle journey to hell. As with the previous 2 books the story is very well written, and the characters are fantastic. Jason Brant really enjoys his gore and this book is a festival of flesh and blood. Hold on to your hats this is gonna be an insanely brutal ride.
Christopher Balf
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the finial book in the trilogy, and I was hooked from the beginning! I found them very hard to put down and forgo sleep. The author has the way to captivate you, and you care about the characters. I will be sourcing out more of this author, and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Michelle
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read

Here's another fun and very good, well written series. Yes, there are some typos, still dam good. I enjoyed it from the second I picked up the first book till the last page of the last book!
RJ
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good series, great characters with lots of action. Not the best I've experienced, but definitely worth your time. I can't tell you how it turns out, that would be too much of a spoiler. Great endings deserve five stars, and a good series deserves to be re-read. First read 10-06-2014.
Tremont G
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun, fast paced & action packed!

fun, fast paced & action packed! This is a great series, the characters really begin to grow & I found myself liking them more & more. The villains, human and otherwise are quite intriguing too!
Erla81
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it
It is ok...
terry moga
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion!!

I enjoyed the series, the characters and the action. Even tho I usually like a series to end, I feel like The Hunger could continue??
  • Stalkers
  • Crescendo (Steven Hawk & Inola Walela, #3)
  • A Death in Duck (A Lindsay Harding Mystery, #2)
  • Darkbound
  • Life After Dane
  • Eyes of the Soul (Soul Seers, #2)
  • Claimed by the Enemy
  • The League of Doorways (Doorways, #2)
  • IQ 83
  • Ambassador (Ambassador #1)
  • Slated for Death (Penny Brannigan Mystery, #6)
  • Pale Rider: Zombies versus Dinosaurs
  • Unlikely (Kingdoms Gone, #1)
  • The Guardians (The Guardians, #1)
  • The Case of the Killer Divorce (Jamie Quinn Mystery #2)
  • Club Nexus (Ivy Granger, #2.5)
  • The Reason for Dragons
  • Shanghai Sparrow
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more

The Hunger (3 books)
  • Devoured (The Hunger #1)
  • Consumed (The Hunger #2)