Start by marking “Sinner Like Me (Brooklyn Sinners, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Sinner Like Me

Avril Ashton

Sinner Like Me

(Brooklyn Sinners #3.5)

Syren Rua finally has what he’s always wanted. He’s settled into a life with his Marshal and the daughter they’re raising as a couple. Everything he’s been through, all the pain and dark memories, brought Syren this far, and he’s in a wonderful space. Happy and loved. Which is why he never sees the approaching danger until it’s too late.

Kane knows his lover well enough to
Published March 2nd 2014 by Sinner's Haven Publishing

Exina
I think it's time to reread it, again. ;)

3rd read: June 22, 2015.

Still love it, it is my favorite book of the series!

Loved it! Lots of sexy time, lots of action, a reunion with old friends, and lots of sexy time (already mentioned that? ;)), thrill and violence, and dirty sex! Lots of!

The story begins with Kane and Syren celebrating their first wedding anniversary. Kane surprised me. It was nice to see that he finally rose to the challenge of loving Syren. He understands his husband, and k
Nazanin
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, mm-romance
DNF @ 60%
I think reading these novellas was a mistake! I love this author's works and I thought maybe I could enjoy the novellas (as you know, I don't read them but it's Avril Ashton!!) unfortunately it didn't happen! I expected a stronger plot, but we don't always get what we want! So it was just me not the book, read it and hope you enjoy it!
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
His family meant everything to Syren, there was NOTHING he wouldn’t do to keep them safe. When he had some sketchy shit to sort out, to remind certain people who they were dealing with, his friends were their with him, side by side, man for man.
Yep, Syren always knew that sooner or later, he would have to sit down to a bowl of mutha fuckin consequences for the life he led as Faro. What he didn’t anticipate was it coming so soon and that his beloved daughter would be used as a pawn to take him do
Natalia
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Re-read August 2017
M'rella
I am kinda glad that it wasn't Vince who sold out Syren. However that scenario with evil ex-lovers is getting very old very fast.

The last 20-25% of the book was too sappy; all the talk about surrogates and babies and feelz and more babies and eve more feelz and 8 year old behaving like she was still four - not my thing.

Syren weirded me out. I thought he was behaving out of character more than a few times. Still love him.

2 stars.

PS If I knew how much the immature kid was going to be in the book
Tina
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it

Very hot and thrilling edition to Kane and Syren's story.

I have some issues with the suspense part though. The readers of the Brooklyn Sinners series surely know that killing the enemies is a vital part of the storyline. But the MCs getting horny by killing?!

“You killed a guy today.... You got me hard. The way you squeezed that trigger. I wanted to fucking devour you right there.”
He panted. Remembering.
“When you shot that dude in the throat, I almost came. Wanted to jack off on your face.”

Well
Shannon
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh hot damn. That was more than just a little quickie blurb, it was a whole story. A hot, sexy story!
Mimi
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

"There's something about you that pulls people in, and I honesty don't think you even know or understand what that is."

Shane Ruskin-Castillo summed up what I thought all along about Syren Rua-Ashby. Syren has a crazy dysfunctional family that is loyal and when you call they come guns blazing.

Love Avril for taking me on this crazy journey called Sinners.
Zainab
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites

Okay, let me just ..

I WANT MORE!!!

description

“Always.” Syren stepped forward. “I love those men just as much. I appreciate their presence in my life. You guys, you’re my family. The people I chose to be near me, my daughter. You’re family, Shane, and I’ll fight and die for family.”

Great Story. Loved every single one of them, and all those crazy people!
Karen
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Sinner Like Me was more Syren and Kane. I really liked this pairing. The previous book 'A Sinner Born' was definitely my favorite. This one not so much. I gave it 3 stars here on GR but in fact it was more like 2.5 stars.

I had issues with some of the things that happened in the story. Some minor issues but there were a couple of things that just ticked me off and I totally wanted to call bullshit on. So as much as I still like Syren and Kane this story is definitely near the bottom of the list f
Lala
A lot of drama, as usual, but not heavy on sobbing. Pretty fluffy for an Avril Ashton book, actually.

Liked it, but was it necessary to picture Vince as such a pathetic mess? I didn't like how Kane used him in the previous book, and villainizing Vince here made me uneasy. I feel for that guy.
Maya
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Over the top mushy angst sprinkled with some violence. This was a huge disappointment to me.
JD
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-good
Very hot!!! I liked Syren even more in this one!!!
Lila Hunter
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating; 4.5 stars
Mspraise50
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The follow up story of Syren and Kane. My fav couple at the moment. Kane lets Syren have it when he tries to protect him by not informing him there is a threat to their family.

Another great read.
Tami
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jenny Wood
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
.....sigh.... I love this series! I'm so glad we got to see more from Syren and Kane, I felt like their story ended right when it got to the good part! It made me so happy to see everyone else to, moving on with their lives, getting married and having babies. My heart broke for Gabe and Angel, I swear they're still my favorite, they're gonna make such good parents and I can't wait to read more about it.
In this one, we got to see a much different side to Syren and Kane. One where their family wa
Allison
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No words!
Syren is still my favorite!
I'm becoming obsessed with this series!
Vicky
Mar 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
I know her stories tend to be OTT but this one is too much for my taste.
Vince doesn't deserve to be made into this pathetic being. Poor guy...
Syren is acting OOC.
I still don't like Kane...
I hate children.
Katherine
I really enjoyed this continuation of Syren and Kane’s story. Their relationship felt more believable, and the way they handled the threats to their family felt true to the characters. This is a pretty awesome story, especially for a freebie.

Freebie from Ms. Ashton's website.
Pianisuparse
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 'I love Syren so this gets an extra half star cos I'm just so happy to see him happy and Kane, he makes him happy in such a fine way. So many characters connected and storylines crossing makes it all exciting and keeps you needing more' stars.
Becky
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of these guys...ALL of them!! Favorite OTP? Thats a tough call. Love Gabe and Rafe but Syren and Kane are amazing and HOT!! I love that all of the couples show up throughout the stories. Not only do they show a lot of love for each other but their loyalty is great too.
Angelmira
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cops
it completely slipped my mind I have this book in my PC and it was finished. i waited for the last part... and to tell the truth was a bit disappointed by the editing mistakes. but i love seeing other guys again and it was awesome.
Traci
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Almost better than book 3. I am not sure why I love this one so much, but I have reread this like 3 times. I love Syran and Kane and this story now all put together is wonderful!
Marinieves Cordero
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Syren is my favorite. He and Kane are hot together.
Bev
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one as everyone appears in it. 4.5 stars.
Rachel
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love them didnt know i could stand all of them together because holy hotness i felt the pages scorch from some scenes.
Loved Kane and his topping from the bottom!!!
Diane Dannenfeldt
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 100-200_pgs, m-m
Well I would have liked to have seen the wedding :( Syren was still Syren trying to fix everything himself. But at least we see that they actually do have a HEA
Milica
Sep 12, 2014
  • Moving Mountains (Separate Ways, #3)
  • Billie Jean
  • Phoenix Reborn (The Phoenix Chronicles Book 3)
  • As He Watches
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Warrior Nights (Armadillo, #3)
  • Dipping His Pen in the Office Ink
  • Day and Knight (Day and Knight, #1)
  • Of Gods and Monsters: Menoetius
  • Vanished 3 (Vanished #3)
  • Trusting Cade (Custos Securities, #1)
  • Bound to Break (Men of Honor, #6)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Scorch (Dragon's Destiny: Fated Mates #2)
  • Freeing Zane (Barretti Security, #4)
  • Honesty and Artifice
  • Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • Roughed Up (Up to Trouble #3)
A Caribbean transplant, Avril now lives in Stone Mountain, GA., with a tolerant Spousal Equivalent. Together they raise an eccentric daughter who loves reading and school (not so much school anymore). Avril’s earliest memories of reading revolve around discussing plot points of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys with an equally book-minded mother

Always in love with the written word, Avril finally deci

Brooklyn Sinners (4 books)
  • Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1)
  • Sinner, Savior (Brooklyn Sinners, #2)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)