Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Vol. 21: All Out War Part 2” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Vol. 21: All Out War Part 2

The Walking Dead, Vol. 21: All Out War Part 2

(The Walking Dead #21)

The World we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to start living.

Alexandria has been destroyed. Can Rick rally the other communities aga
Comics, 136 pages
Published July 29th 2014 by Image Comics (first published July 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Vol. 21, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, Vol. 21

Alejandro
The war between Rick's allies and Negan's Saviours continue!

This is the twenty-first volume of “The Walking Dead", collecting the comic book issues from #121 to #126.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Twenty-One

ALL OUT WAR – PART TWO

…go get Rick. I know he’s in there. The adults need to talk.

The war of Rick’s group against Negan and his Saviors continue.

The chains of command suffered some shaking in certai
Sesana
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Disappointing. Kirkman realized too late that he'd made Negan too smart, too dangerous, and too competent for Rick, and so dumbs him down this volume. He does get one good moment: using zombie goo as a biological weapon is twisted genius. But otherwise, he withdraws when he should press on, and he lets himself get outwitted far too easily. It's like Kirkman just wanted to get this over with. Rick has a long speech about how the zombies are the real enemy and that they could do much better for th ...more
Melki
Tensions mount as Rick's group struggles to keep Negan's army at bay.

Rick and Carl bicker.

There are killings followed by much introspection.

Wait...didn't I read this one before? Nope. It just seems like I did.

SSDD

Rick stares pensively out a window. He says, "When Negan's forces attack, and I know that they will... Rick is not being prophetic. He KNOWS they WILL ATTACK because that's all they've been doing for the LAST FIVE BOOKS NOW!

Then, Negan finally says something I agree with - "It's time f
Trina (Between Chapters)
I read volumes 18 - 21 back to back and really enjoyed this section of the story. Negan is a disgusting villain and I hated reading his scenes. But you're supposed to hate the villain so that just made me more anxious to see how things would play out.

I loved how old characters were pushed to their limits and stepped into new roles. I loved how new characters shook things up. I can't wait to see this play out on the show. It was a great end to this story arc and sets up the next. It's not about
Jeff
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
I miss the tiger.

I’m starting to like Negun. Sure he’s an evil scumbag, but he’s Kirkman’s best, most realized creation. He’s electrifying. He jumps off the page. I almost wish he’d kick Rick’s whiny, preachy ass, then reading this series wouldn’t be such a grind.

To the story itself, as Ralph Waldo Emerson (or was it Fonzie) once said, (view spoiler)
Michael Finocchiaro
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The devastating war between the Governor and Rick plays out to its bloody end. One of the best volumes in the Walking Dead cannon!
Raeleen Lemay
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting way to end that war! Glad I have the next volume on hand.
Sam Quixote
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
The first half of All Out War was exciting, fast-paced and ended on a great cliffhanger – Rick and his group were on their knees, their colony bombed to hell with grenades, and Negan and the Saviors were at the door on the brink of victory. So you’d expect the second half to hit the ground running, right? Wrong! Robert Kirkman totally flubs the finale and ends up writing a tedious, contrived mess of a comic!

First of all – what the hell happened in between the last book and this one? The bad guys
Chris
A little better than Part 1, it really had some wicked stuff going on. But in the end, it left me a little cold. The climax was pretty intense, but a let down in some ways for all that.....

Becky
Hmmm... Well that's interesting. Did we just switch tyrants?

This was... A rather disappointing ending to war. I wanted to see hellfire raining from the sky and for certain deaths to be forever. But alas, Kirkman never does things according to my plans. Like he is in charge or something.

Anyway, I wished for more carnage because I'm a terrible person, but in the end, things kinda went ok. I think that Rick might regret how things went down though. We shall see. I can't say I'm all that upset abo
Artemy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, image-comics
Interesting turn of events. Very dialogue-heavy volume, and we all know how bad Kirkman is at writing those. I also would rather see Negan die, because keeping him alive will most definitely backfire soon, and I absolutely hate the character. Remember how I said he was fun? Well, he's not anymore. He just gives long and annoying speeches now, so he's basically Rick, only talks to his balls more. Sigh. Moving on...
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

And THAT'S the route Kirkman takes to wrap up the Negan storyline?!?! What the everlasting *insert Negan's favorite word here*?!!!
RJ
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All Out War ends with a difficult decision that will almost certainly bear consequences for the group in the future.
Darren Hagan
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
**No spoilers**

While it was still a good volume, the ending was kind of anticlimactic. There also wasn't any deaths that particularly affected me. Lastly, a couple of the scenes just seemed a bit unnecessary right now, but it might just be to give a hint as to what will happen in the time jump between this volume and the next.
Peter Derk
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Forgive me for delving into the territory of criticizing the actions of characters. I was watching American Horror Story and thinking how it's such a human thing, to critique the behavior of a character in a bizarre, desperate situation.

Can I ask a question about that show? Or really, a question about any show or movie with a haunted house?

HOW MUCH BAD SHIT HAS TO HAPPEN BEFORE YOU SAY FUCK IT AND MOVE!?

I get it. A mortgage is a big expense, a grown-up responsibility. But when I start hallucinat
Andrew Reed
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I did not see that ending coming at all. I have so many questions about what's next for this series. We don't even know if the war is 100% over. Fuck, this volume was so incredible.
Craig Maxwell
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
So glad this wasn't as drawn out as it was on the TV show. Excited to see what's next for TWD universe!
Anna
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, dystopia
castles fall from the inside, plus when all the opponent forces are united for the common goal. The end of an era is near!
Jennifer Girard
I had some problems when I started it... I don't really know why.

About halfway thru the action picked up and I devoured the rest of it. I'm very curious to see what will happen next.
Mike
Oh lord below, just let me survive the slog through this book so I can eventually get to the next one (which Goodreads people *promise* me is good - or at least tolerable). Maybe less rape, dick-talk from Negan and hand-wringing from the generic fools who populate this world.

Seriously, you've survived *years* among the walkers, biters and moaners, and you *still* don't have sense enough to keep your head down and one eye over your shoulder EVERY DAMNED WAKING MOMENT? You *deserve* to die, Stupi
Anthony
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: image
If you'd have asked me before this started, I would have guessed this ending differently. So it's cool that it surprised me a little, it's been too long since a Walking Dead comic did that to any effect. I also think Adlards artwork looks a lot better with Gaudiano on inks. If he wants to keep up the monthly schedule and have an uninterrupted run, there's no shame in having an inker improve your work. You can actually take a recent issue (before Gaudiano came on) and compare it with one of his e ...more
Melissa
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I read this last night to make myself put down The Secret Place since I am really, really trying not to blow through that too quickly. So this succeeded on some level, since it made me leave Tana French alone for an hour. I don't quite know what else to say; the character that I want to die is still not dead? I like the way Carl is being drawn now as an older kid, but when he doesn't have his hat on I can't really tell the difference between him & the (ostensibly pregnant) Maggie? I guess do ...more
Eric Novello
Primeira tradução do ano.
Engraçado ver pelas resenhas que os leitores andam meio brigados com a série nesse ponto, não sei bem o motivo. Mas como comecei a ler só recentemente, acho a fase do Negan na HQ uma das melhores partes. Ele tem camadas de personalidade num universo que costuma ser mais direto ao ponto ao definir seus personagens, ele desperta um lado mais sombrio no Rick e isso, claro, vai saindo de controle, o jogo entre os 2 é realmente interessante, como se vissem um no outro algo co
Nicole Alycia
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did not see the ending of this one coming! This one was just so satisfying to read and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter for this series.
Mindy
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was eager to read this volume before the show comes back on the air for the back half of the 8th season. I thought this was action packed and liked how the group takes on the Saviors. I wish the writers of the show would of stuck closer to this plot instead of where they chose to take it. In fact, I think a certain writer of the show is full of shit! This could of totally worked!! Can't wait to continue with these.
Yonaily
*Respira muy lentamente*

¡¿Qué carajos fue eso, Kirkman?!

Necesito una explicación, cualquier cosa que me ayude a entender la razón de que el autor se esté contradiciendo a sí mismo. Después de todo el baño de sangre y todas las víctimas que han caído por la guerra entre Rick y Negan, llega Kirkman a "firmar" un acuerdo de "paz" entre ambos personajes. ¿Una tregua? ¿Trabajar unidos, como gente civilizada? ¡¿QUÉ DEMONIOS PASÓ AQUÍ?! Pensé que este tomo terminaría con la muerte de Negan; esperaba q
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2016, graphic-novels
3.5 Stars. It wasn't as exciting as part one but I'm glad the war is over. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending but I look forward to seeing what happens next. I'm curious as to how Kirkman is going to keep the story exciting without getting extremely monotonous. How many villains can there possibly be?
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
No ha estado mal pero aún así me esperaba un volumen repleto de acción que compensara el anterior y no ha sido así. Me explico, ha habido acción y se ha llegado a una especie de desenlace pero la forma de llegar a el me ha parecido bastante light y quizá me esperara mucha más tensión, miedo y muertes.
Ryan Buckby
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
In Rick Grimes We Trust

actual rating: 3.5

the war continues to rage on the battle between Alexandria, The Hilltop and The Kingdom vs the Saviours is coming to the end and of course Negan and the saviours lose this battle after putting one hell of fight but Rick's plan once again triumphs over everything else as the three communities win.

Alexandria is destroyed from the bombing in part one of all out war and it picks right up where part one ended with rick waking up after being knocked out fo
  • Revival, Vol. 4: Escape to Wisconsin
  • Manifest Destiny, Vol. 2: Amphibia & Insecta
  • American Vampire, Vol. 7
  • Chew, Vol. 9: Chicken Tenders
  • We Stand On Guard
  • East of West, Vol. 6
  • Preacher, Book 5
  • Spread, Vol. 1: No Hope
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Core (Season 9, Volume 5)
  • The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - Last Shots
  • Fables, Vol. 12: The Dark Ages

The Walking Dead (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye