Start by marking “Arctic Kill” as Want to Read:
Arctic Kill

Arctic Kill (Mack Bolan the Executioner #429)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  193 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
DORMANT DEATH

Formed in the wake of World War I, a renegade secret society has never lost sight of its goal to eradicate the "lesser races" and restore a mythical paradise. This nightmare scenario becomes a terrifying possibility when the society discovers an ancient virus hidden in a Cold War–era military installation. Called in to avert the looming apocalypse, Mack Bolan
Published August 5th 2014 by Gold Eagle (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Arctic Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arctic Kill

David Dalton
I enjoyed reading Arctic Kill. I have been a Mack Bolan fan since the mid-70's. I must have read at least the first 80 or 90 books (this one is about #450 or so). Reading this thriller brought me back in time. Still the same ole Executioner style of action. Bolan appears to be ageless and let's hope he stays that way. I might have to dip in and get some more. Popcorn type books, not too deep and featuring a tough as nail character. Mack Bolan could be be my generation's version of Matt Helm (I l ...more
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Executioner
John R. Hubbs
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great and exciting

Great and exciting and very enjoyable. I really like these books and will continue to get more of these books.
Winston Crutchfield
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-library
This one hits on all cylinders. Relentless pacing, brutal action, villains you love to hate and the clear image of Mack fighting for something bigger than himself. Fantastic read.
Erik Dewey
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a Mack Bolan book in a long time, but when I picked this one up and read it, I enjoyed it for more than nostalgia. It's your basic action flick book. The bad guys are bad and have a plan, Mack is the only one in position to stop them and he won't stop until he succeeds.

The plot unfolds pretty much by the numbers and the writing is fine. One quibble though is that the author has AR-15's firing bursts, but they are single-shot only. Given the guns pedigree of the books this is a not
Linda
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading the Executioner Series way back in the early 70's. I liked it then and I still enjoy reading it though this is my first Executioner book in a very long time.

To me Mack Bolan is the original Reacher, or Sam Archer. He is big and strong and stubborn and feels justice is due at any cost.

Mack Bolan is now helping the United States government take down terrorists instead of fighting his one man war against the Mafia. In Arctic Kill he fights a group who wants to destroy the world wi
Allan Ashinoff
Fun read. However the juggernaut of Mack Bolan grew kind of surreal and tiresome. I love a novel centered around decisive tough guy but the endurance, ability to recover, and absolute power wore thin by the books end. Further, the ending was vague as-if the author just tired of writing or didn't want to flesh it all out as he did the rest of the story. Overall the book was a lot of fun.
Doug Hoffman
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used to read Executioner novels as a kid, along with all sorts of other spy/detective/tough guy stuff. This was a trip down memory lane that I thoroughly enjoyed. The writing was better than I expected, the plot predictable, the characters good and the dialog enjoyable. While probably not everyone's cup of tea Arctic Kill was an enjoyable bit of literary junk food.
Lianne Burwell
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
A pretty standard Bolan book. Racists want to recover a deadly virus locked up in the far north. The leader is a nicotine-addicted weasel. His second is a somewhat honourable Nazi. And Bolan tracks them from the southern states to Alaska and wins the day (technically a spoiler, but seriously?)

A pleasant read, but not one of the more exciting entries.
Luke
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-executioner
While Bolan had few compunctions about killing a dangerous man, he rarely killed animals unless absolutely necessary. That said, if it came down to it, he wouldn't hesitate.

Bolan fell silent. She wasnt far off. In his War Everlasting, he'd killed more men than he liked to consider. "I've never killed a man who didn't deserve it," he said finally.
Anja Braun
I just couldn't get into this book ..I have read other Mack Bolan books before and liked them..this one I don't know maybe I wan't in the mood ..It just didn't keep my interest..If I can put a book down and not want to come back to it then it is not for me..
Pekka Karppi
I didn't realize until I finished the ebook that these are put out by Harlequin. It makes sense because as with their romances, after you read one, you know what you are getting. They are an enjoyable quick read for an afternoon without demanding much from the reader.
John Lomnicki,
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving, but a bit too much philosophy

I had read a number of this series years ago and picked this up to check out the modern version, it was interesting and improbable as ever, definitely 4 stars!
Michelle Kaeding
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good free book

This was action packed and hard to put down. Finished it in one day. Would have given it a higher rating but tired of the Nazi theme so prevalent in action adventure novels.
Manosthehandsoffate
This was pretty entertaining for what it was - a short, action-packed, adventure novel. Don't expect anything challenging.
Gary Sedivy
Typical one-man-against-all-odds action thriller. Reminds me of Reacher, or Spenser.
JD Williamson
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Typically entertaining Executioner novel; like a vacation from the daily routine. Back to work feeling refreshed and ready to roll.
Bill Barnes
Decent Read

Should be classified more fantasy than adventure Still worth the time to read. It is a quick easy read, about 5 hours.
Greg Stillwagon
Jan 04, 2016
Karen Stephens
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • PRIMAL Reckoning (PRIMAL #5)
  • Fallen Hunter (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #3)
  • The Privateersman (A Poor Man at the Gates #1)
  • A Black Deeper Than Death
  • The Orc of Many Questions (The Tales of Many Orcs, #1)
  • The Controversial Mayan Queen: Sak K'uk of Palenque (Mists of Palenque #2)
  • The Kinshield Saga: The Complete Series
  • Lyon's Legacy  (Catalyst Chronicles, #1)
  • Mark of the Dragon (Mysts of Santerrian, #1)
  • Salvage Merc One (Salvage Merc One #1)
  • The Great Impersonation
  • The Gate (Black Ops, #2)
  • The Worst Thing
  • The Harry Harrison Megapack: 12 Classics of Science Fiction, including ROBOT JUSTICE, DEATHWORLD, and DEATHWORLD II
  • Blackhawk (Far Stars Legends #1)
  • An Enemy of the State (The LaNague Federation, #1)
  • A Little Revenge: Benjamin Franklin and His Son
  • The Pyramid Builders (Lens of Time, #1)
Don Pendleton was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, December 12, 1927 and died October 23, 1995 in Arizona.

He wrote mystery, action/adventure, science-fiction, crime fiction, suspense, short stories, nonfiction, and was a comic scriptwriter, poet, screenwriter, essayist, and metaphysical scholar. He published more than 125 books in his long career, and his books have been published in more than 25 fo
More about Don Pendleton...

Mack Bolan the Executioner (1 - 10 of 413 books)
  • Double Crossfire (The Executioner, #40)
  • The Violent Streets (Mack Bolan The Executioner, #41)
  • Iranian Hit (The Executioner, #42)
  • Return to Vietnam (The Executioner #43)
  • Terrorist Summit (Mack Bolan The Executioner, #44)
  • Paramilitary Plot (The Executioner, #45)
  • Bloodsport (Mack Bolan the Executioner, #46)
  • Renegade Agent (Mack Bolan The Executioner, #47)
  • The Libya Connection (Mack Bolan The Executioner, #48)
  • Doomsday Disciples (Mack Bolan The Executioner, #49)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
  • Beautiful Malice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
  • Motion to Suppress
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Prime Minister's Secret Agent (Maggie Hope Mystery #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • This Body of Death (Inspector Lynley #16)
    $7.49 $1.99