Start by marking “Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)

Prima Donna

(Friends First #2)

In a witty, sizzling, and tender romance for readers of Jill Shalvis and Susan Mallery, a woman who can’t slow down discovers that the perfect guy is in hot pursuit.

Even when her hair salon goes under and she’s on the brink of breaking, Regan Burke keeps her “I’m just fine” attitude. She’s had a tough life, coping with a difficult family and keeping her act together . .
Published September 23rd 2014 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Prima Donna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prima Donna

Lady Heather
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporay romance, chick-lit
5 shiny stars!

WOW! I don't even know where to begin with my rant.
I LOVED everything about this story.

The writing, story, and the characters were well.. amazing, real, funny, intense, broken, compassionate, and full of so much love.

I LOVED Regan and Carter's characters!

Regan is one amazing chick!
She's strong, compassionate, smart, sassy, and when she loves.. she loves hard.
Her love and dedication to her mom is inspiring and heart-breaking.
When Carter and her 'hook up' on New Years Ever, she is l
Dali
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
HAPPY RELEASE DAY!

4.5 yodalicious stars!

Laura gives us a delightfully fun and sexy story with hearts and flower, having me in giddy anticipation of each chapter with her Star Wars humor.

I’ll get this out first. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, so when cutesy pickup lines were delivered coupled with the fact that each chapter started with a Han Solo Empire Strikes Back relevant quote to what was to follow and I was in nerd girl heaven.

Of course it didn’t hurt that lines like that were conveyed by an
Pheonix Fanfiction
My thoughts/feelings while reading - lots of quotes included (May have spoilers) :) -

0% Randomly chose this book - Im gonna start it tomorrow :) It seems interesting - the blurb has really taken my interest :) Its been a long time since I read the first in this series so Im gonna go read my review to try and jog my memory :) (I have a vague recollection of it) :)

6% which meant Regan’s savings were slowly withering
Oh poor regan! :( she's having a tough time - looking forward to seeing more of h
Mandy
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars! Dr Carter Scott is the ultimate book boyfriend. Sexy, charming and a pediatrician who loves kids - this guy is a keeper! I really enjoyed this book. There was really nice character development and I loved the way that Regan and Carters relationship develops. It's very sweet and there is definitely some great sexual tension. I really enjoyed this book and hope the author is going to write more books with more of the supporting characters in this story. Both Maya and Ellie need to have ...more
Wendy Marcus
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in return for an honest review.

This book had a bit of a slow build for me, but the second half more than made up for it. I loved Carter! Who wouldn't love a pediatrician who lets a young cancer patient cut his hair - more than once - to make her happy?! Regan's life is a mess. My heart ached for her on more than one occasion.

Carter re-enters Regan's life at just the right time - for both of them. They were made for each other and I'm so glad they got their happily ever after!
Bethany
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really enjoyed Prima Donna. It was a sweet love story with a lot of heart. This is the second book by Laura Drewry that I’ve read and I am now definitely a fan of her writing. Prima Donna is a companion novel to Plain Jayne, which was also just as good. What I really like about Laura’s stories is that there isn’t any over the top drama and the relationships/romance builds slowly. No instant love, but they actually get to know each other and become friends too along the way. I’m not trying to s ...more
Antonella
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is very sweet friends to lovers romance book!

You know one of those read that are just right! The one were you fall in love with characters and then you just follow their story. Sure this one certainly is based on friendship first, so if that is your troupe pick up this series... But then this one has also a big emotional moments with what main characters are going trough and some questions that is not really talked about in books.

This is swoon worthy read.
Read just for the feelgood aspec
Laura Altom
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-treasures
This was my first Laura Drewry book, and from the cover, I was guessing it would be a sweet, funny read--yay for covers getting it right!! LOL!! Only, it was also sexy and heartbreaking and satisfying in all the right places. Without giving too much away, the book had me at Regan's shock over Carter's hair. Well, when the author got around to giving us the reason for his crazy hair, I fell for Carter even more.

Laura Drewry totally delivers on this wonderfully poignant book. If you enjoy stories
Bette Hansen
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! A great small town romance that is filled with emotion, humor, and fun romantic times. Reagan is a fiercely independent woman who is immediately overwhelmed when Carter, the fun loving womanizing doctor, pushes into her life. This is one you should put on the must read list. I highly recommend it!
FicCentral
FicCentral.com

Saying everything’s fine doesn’t make it true, no matter how many times Regan repeats the words. Her mother’s health isn’t getting any better, and the cost of her care has been eating away at what little savings she has. And as if that wasn’t enough to deal with, now she’s losing her business, forced to close her salon when the landlord sells the building and there’s nowhere else in town where she can rent. And it’s not like being unemployed makes her a great candidate for a loan. So when Carte
Celia Lewis
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not your average "Prima Donna", Regan is an independent woman determined to stay that way... but when hot Carter keeps coming round, it's more challenging keeping her distance! Both have past expereinces which seem to be perfectly logical reasons for both to never trust or commit to others. I loved the way the story slowly revealed the background of their private struggles through warm relationships with their long-time friends and others. I adored the quotes at the beginning of each chapter as ...more
Carol
4.5 I loved this book so so so much stars

***ARC Kindly Provided by Publisher via NetGalley in Exchange for and Honest Review.***

This book... Wow! I thought I liked Plain Jayne... But this one is off the charts!!! I fell in love with both characters... And I also felt their pain! Really! Laura, keep writing wonderful books just like this one! I don't know how it's possible, but each character is more amazing than the other. I hope this series get more books!!!

I'm gonna write more... I promise! I
Ava
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-or-netgalley
☆ ARC received from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you SO MUCH lovely!! ☆

This book started from a 3.5 stars up to a 4 lovely warming stars.

This book was fresh, the story not that usual. But the more importantly it was very heartwarming.
The heartwarming came from maybe how dedicated the two main protagonists were fond of their work. But it was so kind of work related to people. They both gave some kind of happiness to the people.
Those two were so lovely becau
Sidney Halston
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really love these feel-good books. Just like Plain Jayne, Laura left me feeling all sorts of happy. Sometimes you just need a straight-forward love story without angst or heart wrenching moments. This was one of those. I cried and laughed ( a lot) and just really enjoyed the story line and the characters. Also, I love Laura's writing style.

Regan and Carter's story was great and I loved these two characters. Even though the story is sweet, there are some tender moments that are so beautifully
☆Jamie☆
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Prima Donna is the second book featuring our close-knit group of friends from Newport Ridge. This was a heartwarming story of overcoming past insecurities and outside opinions to find a future you never knew you wanted.

Summary:
Regan Burke is just fine. So her mother is ill, she had to close her business, and isn't seeing anyone. She's still just fine, and will maintain that attitude until she breaks. Life hasn't been easy for the fiery redhead, growing up with a difficult family, but she's in no
Kathie (katmom)
HAPPY RELEASE DAY!!!

I stayed up until 2 a.m. reading this book. It was that good. I'm incredibly impressed that this is Ms. Drewry's second book. Just like I was impressed with her first book, Plain Jayne. This author has a smooth style that's elegant and holds your attention. For an author with only a few books on her shelves, her writing style is right up there with all the best authors. Well done!

One of the first things to appeal to me in Prima Donna was the Han Solo quotes at the beginning o
Home. Love. Books.
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

I really enjoyed this book, and I think the ultimate reason why is because the writing was just really enjoyable. I really like the way Laura writes, it's really just so easy to get wrapped up in the story and in the characters. I also really like that this book was so character driven, there isn't some extreme circumstance that pulls these people together or pushes them apart. These characters are living lives tha
Irish
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reviews
If you were a transformer you'd be a hot-obot and your name would be Optimus Fine. Prima Donna by Laura Drewry
*ARC Provided for an Honest Review*
 "Sometimes, for no apparent reason,
biology and chemistry cause some kind of shit-storm inside a person.
It's no one's fault, it just happens."

This book is probably one of the best books I've read as of this month. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book when I started reading it but as I carried on the few chapters of the book, I started to love the hero. A big Well done to the author.

Carter and Regan have been acquainted during Regan's best
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I also now have a serious crush on Dr Carter Scott from the moment we meet him in the book I liked him and every interaction with him he just made me like him more.
We meet Regan at a low point in her life, one that has already been difficult for her, but even so Regan is a great sassy character that is quick with a witty comeback. Though we soon learn that this is her defence mechanism and part of the shield she hides behind. Regan has, she thinks, secrets that she doe
Terisa
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Regan Burke never let her friends know how she was truly feeling no matter what. She always put a brave face and a “I’m fine, really don’t worry about me.” She’s learned the hard way in life that if she wants something done, there is no one that she can depend on other than herself. While her true friends know that it’s all a farce, they didn’t intrude but others that don’t know her feel that she’s a Prima Donna with a holier than thou attitude. Little do those people know just how hard it is de ...more
Jessica Frances
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prima Donna is book two in the Friends First series and it was an incredibly enjoyable read. Regan is going through a lot of change since her salon is forced to close and money is now running tight. She has responsibilities and she carries that burden on her own. She learned from an early age to never rely on a man and she is resolute in that belief. So it made perfect sense for her to have a one-night-stand with Carter because he doesn’t believe in more than one night with someone either. Until ...more
Keri
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this! I will be adding this author to my short list of authors to read every new book of! It had me laughing out loud and made my heart hurt for a few minutes, def made me feel all hot and bothered but mostly it left me feeling happy. Regan and Carter were so amazing together and I really wish I would have read Nick and Jayne's story first but I will be going back for it, and now I want Ellie and Maya to find love. I also wouldn't mind knowing more about Katie and Ben( he's sort o ...more
Irene
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: galley-arc, romance
4 heartwarming stars

Prima Donna was such a lovely read, I really enjoyed it.

Both Reagan and Carter are likeable and fun characters, loved seeing them connect and fall in love.

I highly recommend Prima Donna to anyone who likes a sweet and emotional romance that will touch your heart and leave you full of happy feels.
Prima Donna can be read as a stand-alone, but I would recommend reading Plain Jayne first because Jayne and Nick show up a lot in Prima Donna.

Thank you Netgalley and to Random House
Jenny
Such a feel-good book. The characters are lovable and their stories are worth the read!
Char (1RadReader59)
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hysterical story. I loved all the characters just about in this story. Maybe, with the exception of Ellie and Maya, they had to kinda grow on me but they did. Ellie is a little rough around the edges but who knows the cop might tame her. Maya at first was harsh but grew on me when she met someone.
This story was interesting it was about secrets, lies, and love. Secrets we keep in order for people even friends and family not to see and feel our pain. Lies we will tell and go through i
Eirene
This review was originally published on Sleepless Roamantics.

Rating: 3.5/5

I was totally not prepared for Prima Donna. I came in thinking that this was going to be a light, fluffy read perfect for the weekend. Also, the cover is all cute and happy looking. Obviously, I was fooled. Prima Donna isn’t super angsty or super dramatic, but it does deal with some heavy issues and for a book that has all that, I was smiling quite a bit while reading.

Regan has had a tough life, and like a lot of people wh
Lisa
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to be honest and put some shame on my self. Prima Donna was my first novel by Laura Drewry and I've realized that I've been missing out dearly. Thank god for my friend introducing me to NetGalley where I immediately received an ecopy of Prima Donna.
I'm a complete addict when it comes to romance. I love romance, I want romance, I need romance. It's the air I need on a daily basis.
This novel has fulfilled my needs with just 316 pages. Even the cover did it for me. It is so beautiful and n
Gaele
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley

Regan is a solid, stand up character: hard-working, determined, smart and a bit stubborn she has not had an easy life, but rather than bemoan that fact, she moves forward tackling obstacles one at a time. Her salon is her dream, and things are going well until the landlord puts the building up for sale and her shop in jeopardy. With bills to pay and the added burden of her mother’s medical expenses, she is scrambling for options.

Carter is a pediatrician, in love with his motorcycle and his free
Rob.C. Rob.C.
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have a new book boyfriend. And his name is Carter Scott.
This book made me laugh, swoon and even made my heart melt a few times. The plot is very simple, with no particular angst or tension that will make you hold your breath, but I think this is what made me love the book so much: because the story feels real, and it's something anyone could relate to. There's no need for sharp plot twists, awful events or angsty moments to keep the reader reading on. You'll simply want to know what happens ne
Jennifer Schultheis
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This is ARC from NetGalley!

This book is my new favorite. Laura Drewry had my attention from the very beginning and it never once wavered. I couldn't put this book down...it was that good. This book revolves around Regan and Carter. Regan is a hair sylist who had to close her salon because the owner sold the building. Regan needs money, not only to support herself, but to pay for her mothers medical expenses. Regan is such a great female character. She's tough, says what's on her mind, and doesn'

• Passion and Propriety (Hearts of Honour, #1)
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • The Best of Me (Return to Briarwood, #2)
  • Under These Restless Skies
  • Loving You Is Easy (Loving You, #1)
  • To Win Her Smile (Players, #5)
  • The Nekkid Truth
  • The Real Thing
  • Scout (House Of Payne, #2)
  • On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)
  • Against Her Rules (Heart's Ease, #1)
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Her Winning Formula (Hot & Nerdy, #3)
  • Longbourn's Songbird
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • How Not to Let Go (Belhaven, #2)
  • Life on the Level (On the Verge #3)
  • Sleeping with Her Enemy (49th Floor, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Laura Drewry writes fun and sexy contemporary romances filled with heartfelt emotion and characters readers can relate to.

When she’s not writing, she likes reading, watching Marvel movies with her boys, Pinning recipes she'll never make, and cheering for the Yankees. Laura lives in southwest British Columbia with her husband, three sons, two dogs, a turtle, a handful

Friends First (4 books)
  • Plain Jayne (Friends First, #1)
  • Accidentally in Love (Friends First, #3)
  • How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4)