Start by marking “Wicked Games (McCade Brothers, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Games (McCade Brothers, #1.5)

Wicked Games

(McCade Brothers #1.5)

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

When a battle of wills becomes a game of lust, one wrong move could be fatal.

Actress Stacy Roberts is ready to ride her rising star straight to Hollywood’s A-list. All she needs is the famous Hollywood Hedonism party (check), one very naughty angel costume (check), and a few drinks to get her sexy swagger back
Published March 31st 2014 by Entangled: Brazen (first published September 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Games

Start your review of Wicked Games (McCade Brothers, #1.5)
• Lisa •
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: brazen-addict
THREE TELL ME YOU LOVE ME STARS.

description

This short story is the perfect accompanying novella to the McCade Brothers series. If you enjoyed 'lover Undercover' by the lovely Samanthe Beck then nothing should stop you from grabbing this pleasantly put together, short romance story. As usual this author delivered the sexy, sweet and light hearted suspense to bring together an enjoyable read and although I didn't fall in complete book lust this time around there was plenty involved to keep me interested.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

I read this sexy novella in the Lovers Unmasked anthology.

My review:https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Karla

Originally reviewed for the anthology Lovers Unmasked on 9/2013

5 Stars! Loved it!! The perfect novella!

If you haven't read Lover Undercover, you might want to do that first to get a better grasp on the character relationships.

I adored Ian and Stacy in that book and was hoping they would get their own story, but this short certainly had enough depth that it satisfied my need to have more of them. Kylie, Stacy's twin sister, and Trevor, her fiancée and Ian's partner, are front and center in
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I really enjoyed this one. I loved that Ian never wavered in his love in Stacy. I loved that not once was he tempted to try and move on or forget her. I like suspense and it had that in spades.

Safe with the exception that kept me from rating five stars.
(view spoiler)
Jen
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it

I like this book OK, but I just felt like I had picked a book up and started reading the last few chapters. I know it's a novella, but I didn't have enough story to connect with the main characters. Just an OK read for me.
Claire Robinson
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great Entangled Novella

In Wicked Games we are treated to Ian’s partner Trevor and his comical one-liners. Trevor and Ian are police officers who just happen to be dating twin sisters, although Ian split up from Stacy a month ago, and is currently working on getting them back together.

Unfortunately Stacy is harbouring insecurities about her past, and is also dealing with a prospective stalker. Ian’s protective instincts kick in big time at a Halloween fancy dress-party, where things all
Kara
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Each book by BECK is getting better and better. This novella is fun and sexy.

*ARC generously provided by entangled publishing in exchange for an honest review.*
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Ian and Stacy had been together for a year before Stacy panicked and ended the relationship when it started to get too serious. She loves him but she's worried that her past as a stripper will have a negative effect on his career as a detective. Ian knows all her deepest secrets though and they don't bother him in the slightest. He is determined to win her back so when a stalker starts sending her threatening letters it gives him the perfect excuse to insert himself back into her life.
Vicky
Rating: 3,5 stars.

Disclaimer: The MCs of this novella were secondary characters in Lover Undercover, a previous book from the McCade Brothers series. Although this novella can be read as a stand-alone, I would highly recommend reading that book first because that’s where their story/romance begins.

Wicked Games was not exactly what I expected. It was different in more than just length from the other 2 Samanthe Beck book’s I've read so far:

*Unlike the other lighter/funnier books by this author
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by Kim

First of all, Wicked Games is a standalone but it contains some spoilers relating to the first book, Lover Undercover. For that reason, I strongly recommend you read Lover Undercover first.

Stacy Roberts is finally able to tell all the naysayers in her small hometown of Two Trout, Tennessee that she has finally made something of herself. She is the star of a new hit tv show and everyone is in love with her. Everyone includes her hot Detective
Janey
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, entangled
ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review..

3.5 stars..

This is the 2nd book in the McCade Brothers series, focussing on Detective Ian Ford, work colleague of Trevor from Lover Undercover.

Ian’s love interest is Stacy Roberts, the outgoing, sex kitten twin that we met in the previous book. She had started her professional life as a pole dancer, whilst chasing an actresses dream. Her luck had drastically changed, and she found herself very famous, very quickly as she ran
Amber Fueston
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wicked Games was a fun, sexy, action packed read!

If you are looking to dip your toe into the McCade brothers series without the commitment of the full stories than this is the book for you. I guarantee you will want to read all of them by the time you are done. This was my first experience with this series and author and I am loving both! Samanthe Beck is able to get your pulse racing while at the some time making your heart melt!
Sandy LM L.M.
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I put my day on hold and read this in one sitting. I was super pleased to read Ian and Stacy's story from Lover Undercover. I'm thrilled I got to read their sexy, fun story. Catching up with Kylie and the hotter than hot Trevor, also from Lover Undercover is always a good thing.

Ms. Beck is a definite auto-buy.

Put your day on hold, sit back and hang on for the ride. You won't be disappointed.
Alison Bliss
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book by one of my favorite authors! This read is super-sexy and I love the fun, sarcastic banter between the two main characters. Stacy makes me laugh with the mouth she has on her, and Ian is just a panty-melting, smoking-hot hero. As usual, another terrific read with loads of chemistry and a great storyline!
Nicola
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you have read Lover Undercover, then this novella is an absolute must read as it focusses on Stacy & Ian, whilst treating us to a little more of Trevor and Kylie.

Short it may be, but this Halloween turns into a true nightmare and Samanthe Beck delivers everything from suspense to sexiness.

I originally read this as part of the ‘Lovers Unmasked’ Anthology
starsaga
Very hot, short story
My new favorite author for entangled short stories. I love the way this author writes, the style is tight but flowing (lol) but packs a lot within the short length of the story. Great reads.
Hbeebti
This was good. I enjoyed it. But it felt like I was reading this book from the middle. I checked to see if book one was about this couple just in case. It is not. Wish that there was more of the story. More of a background and emotions. Dont get me wrong there is some but since I felt like I was missing so much I just needed more of something.
Stefanie
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the books of Samantha Beck, currently reading them all.
Josephine
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a simple enough read which just continues the twins' saga.
Wealie
5 stars A short, sharp, fun read, with good character development and action.

I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this novella given I didn’t warm to Stacy when she was introduced in Lover Undercover. Samanthe Beck really redeems Stacy here and makes you fall for the sexy Ian over just a short 134 pages. Because this is a follow on novella you really need to have read Lover Undercover first as there are major spoilers and it gives a lot more background to the two protagonists - Stacy
Mel (Reviews In A Pinch)
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-ebook
Since I’m still new to the whole romance world, I feel like a bull in a china shop. I kind of stumble into reading books. Sometimes they’re awesome and sometimes it ends up being a dud. I guess that can really be said for all of reading, but I’m all over the map with the romances. I’m also still trying to sort through romance versus erotica, which is not fun when you pick up the wrong one.

I did not like Stacy, at all. I don’t expect characters to be perfect because that’s a bit ridiculous, but
Ginny Rose
Why I waited so long to read this novella, I don't know. But it was the right dose of a sexy. Short, sweet and to the point.

Ian and Stacey are introduced in Lover Undercover where we get a glimpse of how their relationships starts. In Wicked Games, we get the grovel aspect of their relationship. They're great together. The sex and chemistry is off the charts hot. But when Stacey's past clashes with her present and clouds her future, her feelings for Ian take a back seat.

I read some reviews
Lisa
3.5 stars.

I think I prefer Stacy and Ian's story to Kylie and Trevor's? Maybe because I'm totally attracted to Ian, lol. I admit Stacy gets on my nerves A LOT in Lover Undercover, but she's surprisingly different in this. Ian's awesome, and oh so very patient in handling Stacy and her intimacy issue...ok that's not right. Stacy's issue is more of a trust thing, I guess. Like, she's totally into Ian big time but has problems saying it, even when Ian says it first. Ian's very open with his
Paris
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this novella better than I did Lover Undercover. The romance and the suspense were mixed well throughout the story and didn’t seem overly forced. I really loved Stacy and Ian together in Lover Undercover so it was great to get more of them. I also enjoyed seeing Kylie and Trevor too. And of course the rest of the Deuces staff. I figured out that bad guy early on in the story, but that didn’t take anything away from the story for me. I’ll definitely read more by Samanthe Beck in the ...more
Mia Catherine
This was a very good short story. I hadn't read any of Samanthe Beck's previous titles, yet didn't seem to miss much in the course of this one, other than perhaps the reason Stacy insisted she couldn't be with Ian. I'm assuming her past, along with her twin's, was explained more in depth in the first installment of the McCade Brothers.

That said, there was a clear progression, good character development for the length of the story, and an exciting climax. I'll be looking to read this author
Christine
At first I did not like the character of Stacey. She was frivolous and flippant and the fact that she put herself and others at risks just boiled my tea. However and maybe because it was a quick read, the book moves along quickly and at a nice clip. So much so that she redeemed herself (or atleast Ian redeemed her for me) by the end of the book. The author does a good job of building chemistry between all the central characters and I can even see room to explore some of the other girls from ...more
RJ
May 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: stand-up-hero
Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

It was a second-chance romance. I liked that they broke up only 6 weeks ago and hadn't moved on from each other (AKA slept with other ppl). There's only one sex scene, but hot damn did it last a while. The story pretty much lasts one night, and let me tell ya, I didn't not see the villain coming. Good job surprising me.

That's pretty much all my thoughts regarding the novella.
Michelle Mulvey
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Ian and Stacy

Stacy walked away from Ian after he asked her to move in. Now 6 weeks later she has a stalker and Trevor and Ian show up at the Halloween party. Ian doesn't realize she knows it's him when she leads him to a VIP room for a smoking hot night. Ian has been patient waiting for stacy to realize she loves him. Will she finally tell him or will it be to late. Her stalker is crazy and has no problems with killing her or anyone who gets in her way
Stephanie Downey
wicked games was another fantastic book

This is the second book in the series and it's about Kylie's sister Stacey! It was a quick read but also one you don't want to miss. I can't wait to check out the next book in the series! Maybe Trevor's brothers?? Check this out and you will not be let down!!
Judy
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ian and Stacey were totally different. Stacey fall for Ian right from the start, when Ian was trying to solve a murder. Stacey and her sister Kylie traded places because Stacey got hurt at work. Stacey was afraid of falling in love with Ian because of her past. Can't wait to see what happens next with Ian and Stacey.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Seducing the Bridesmaid (Wedding Dare, #3)
  • Falling for the Groomsman (Wedding Dare, #1)
  • Baiting the Maid of Honor (Wedding Dare, #2)
  • Dare to Resist (Wedding Dare, #0.5)
  • Staking His Claim (Line of Duty, #5)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
  • His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)
  • Unfixable
  • Chasing Temptation (Chasing Love, #2)
  • Boiling Point (Crossing the Line, #3)
  • Disturbing His Peace (The Academy, #3)
  • Risking it All (Crossing the Line, #1)
  • Protecting What's Theirs (Line of Duty, #1.5)
  • Raw Redemption (Crossing the Line, #4)
  • Up in Smoke (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • In Bed with Mr. Wrong (Out of Uniform, #1)
  • His Lover to Protect (Out of Uniform, #3)
Wine lover, sleep fanatic, and USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy contemporary romance novels, Samanthe Beck lives in Malibu, California, with her long-suffering but extremely adorable husband and their turbo-son. Throw in a furry ninja named Kitty and Bebe the trash talking Chihuahua and you get the whole, chaotic picture.

When not dreaming up fun, fan-your-cheeks sexy ways to get her characters

McCade Brothers (3 books)
  • Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers, #1)
  • Falling for the Marine (McCade Brothers, #2)
  • Best Man with Benefits (McCade Brothers #3; Wedding Dare #4)