Start by marking “Perfect Sin” as Want to Read:
Perfect Sin

Perfect Sin (Clayton #2)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  582 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
PERFECT SIN is a captivating classic Kat Martin romance—now available as an e-book for the very first time!

He was the ultimate rake. But Randall Clayton, 7th Duke of Beldon, harbors a hidden motive for seducing the fiery-haired, passionate Caitlin Harmon. Rand is on a mission to find a murderer...and it's leading straight to Caitlin's father.

She was the ultimate temptatio
Published October 7th 2014 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Sin

Fre06 Begum
Mar 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awfyl
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Jan 21, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers who like heroes who are slutty, cheating jerks
I did give this two stars, but then I realized I really didn't like this book. So I downgraded it to one star. I submit this guy as a nominee for "Jackass Hero Award." Complete and utter pig of a man. One of those books you wish would end with the heroine telling the hero to get lost.
Mandy
Oct 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book. but the hero killed it for me.
An emotionally weak hero is not what i look for in a HEA romance book.

Spoilers ahead

The part that really killed it for me - he went back to his mistress Hannah after his wife (the book's main heroine) lost their baby prematurely. According to him, he had no idea how to cope with the pain so he ran all the way back to london, leaving the heroine coping with the lost of her baby AND her husband. But that was not the worse part. the
Jasbell76
ALERT! ALERT! Cheating hero!
description
Hero leaves the heroine after she has a miscarriage. He goes to London and spends a month with his mistress. Hero and heroine were married!!!!!!!
description

PS. I haven't read this book but, I am a "Fidelity Godmother" so I don't want any of my Goodreads' friends that HATES cheating heros read this book. If someone does not have any problem with cheating heros, so go agead!
XX
Dina
Feb 19, 2009 marked it as to-avoid  ·  review of another edition
From Fani:
'The book you should definitely avoid is "Perfect Sin" by Kat Martin. Hero, suposedly loving the heroine even though he thinks it's just lust, goes back to his mistress when the heroine miscarried their baby. I don't think there was any way the hero can redeem himself after such an act.'
Tina
Cheating bastard! I dislike romance novels with a cheating H or h, however, its been awhile since I've come across one this vile. The hero in this book is just appalling, but what makes it worse is the heroine who takes the douchebag back. I guess they're perfect for each other.

Shari Kay
Apr 01, 2016 marked it as skip-it  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap! I use to read this author. I remember liking this author back in the day. I guess I just got lucky with the ones I read, because this is the second one I've come across by her recently that had (view spoiler)

She is no longer a HR author I'd recommend

sraxe
The h suffers a miscarriage, to which the H responds not by staying with her and helping her deal with it, but by leaving her and running off to London in order to cheat on her with his ex-mistress. For a month.

There's no coming back from that

(No, but seriously...how the hell does someone write something like this and think A-HA! Yes...THIS is romance!!)
JennyG
Mar 19, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I ended up hating this book because the hero betrayed the heroine when she needed him the most. I can read books with a cheating hero and sometimes a book can even become a keeper despite the cheating, but in this instance the betrayal was too painful for me.
Gi's Spot Reviews
Elis Madison
If you page thru the reviews of this, you'll see a bunch of one-star ratings. Why? The hero, Rand Clayton, cheats on his wife--right after she's lost their baby.

But unlike other reviewers, that's kind of why I liked this story. Yeah, at the time, I hated the guy, and I wanted the heroine to dump his ass. I cried for her. And it doesn't hurt that the heroine did exactly what I would've done(view spoiler)
Lauren
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh god I cried :( H was a major dirt bag but she doesn't forgive him easily and he has to travel across half the world to get her back and even then he has to do some serious groveling this was definitely a good read
78sunny
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,4 von 5 Sternen
*Wie kam das Buch zu mir*
Ich bin ja ein Fan der Autorin. „Heißer als die Sonne“, „Die Perlen des Schicksals“ und „Perlen für eine Mätresse“ gehören zu meinen liebsten hist. Liebesromanen der Autorin. Daher habe ich mir weitere Romane von ihr günstig (0,99 €) gekauft und dieser hier gehörte dazu.

*Aufmachung/Qualität*
Da muss ich wohl nichts zu sagen. Das Cover ist einfach schrecklich kitschig und hässlich. Einzig die Blumen im Vordergrund finde ich schön. Aber was will man bei ein
JoAnn
Sep 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Not my favorite Kat Martin book and if it had been the first I had read, I wouldn't have looked for other books by her.
In so many romance books the hero -- who up to this point has been something of a man-slut -- is surprised to find that he is suddenly uninterested in his mistress and it takes him a while to connect that change in attitude with the fact that he just met her, the woman destined to be his one-and-only to whom he will remain faithful from that moment on, even if he doesn't realize
Roub
Apr 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the book was worth more than a 3 star but rand killed it. i was devastated when he got back wid his mistress. one scene was even described n i found this very awful. if the situation had been reversed, how wud he react ? how does a cuckolded husband respond ? so y these double stds !? y does the heroine forgive so easily while i'm sure the hero wud be plotting revenge against her. caitlin summarized the events so well in the end, like she knew rand loved her. she had known 4 some time now bcoz h ...more
Serena Miles
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
El libro esta muy bien... ademas es muy entretenido porque el argumento transcurre en Londres y en una islita de Africa

A mi me han gustado mucho los personajes, a Rand le hubiera dado unas collejas pero por lo demas todo ha estado genial, ademas en la islita hay un poco de accion y me ha gustado

9/10
Jan 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had low expectations when, by page 14, I read about Cat described as the lovely lady with high perky breasts for the second time. I suppose it was just in case I missed that two pages earlier. Lord Rand acknowledges that he is a duke used to getting his way and thinks of Cat as a loose of morals woman partly because she's American. I was hoping she wouldn't give in to him and his romantic persuasions, which didn't bode well for this romance.
Shelley
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading about Rand and Cait, and the adventure they had. The danger and trials they faced. And the search for the necklace was very exciting. I can understand what Cait felt finding Rand with Hannah. It's hard to trust again, the pain and worry of it happening again is hard to face. Thank you.
Kaycee ❤️
1 Cheating Star!

Cheating/Marital infidelity is a big, fat NO-NO for me! I hate cheating hero. I never like my hero to mess around with other women especially if he's married. So this one just did not do it for me... at all.
Kimia Safavi
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat Martin is one of my auto buy authors, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book when I read some of the reviews. But I am glad that I bought and read this great book. This is another page turner with adventurous, great passion and betrayal.
BURMA
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice book, just that.
Joannwv
Jun 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jerk-hero
Kat Martin never has disappointed me but .. I started this years ago couldn't finish , started reading , skimmed a lot finished but oh so disappointed. Doesn't even read as a work of hers :(
Christina A. Marley
Like so many other reviewers, I could not get past the cheating. I also disliked that weak male lead. (He doesn't deserve to be called a hero.)
Yannica Hayles
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
it just OK.
Snoojee
Feb 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this author when I want a mind candy romance.
Grandmaking553
Aug 26, 2016
Linda
rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2013
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1; Ladies, #1)
  • The Lover
  • Caress and Conquer
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • The Coming Home Place
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Gallant Match (Masters at Arms, #5)
  • Bride of the Wind
  • Simply Love
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Emerald Knight
  • No Longer Mine
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • Eye of Heaven
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • The Way of the Heart
  • The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read
More about Kat Martin...

Clayton (2 books)
  • Wicked Promise (Clayton, #1)