Start by marking “After Dark (Night Owl, #3)” as Want to Read:
After Dark (Night Owl, #3)

After Dark

(Night Owl #3)

In the final novel of the Night Owl Trilogy from bestselling author M. Pierce, can a passion that has withstood many ordeals become a love strong enough to last a lifetime?

At twenty-nine, Matt Sky is trying to return to normal, having faked his death and come back to life. He and Hannah move to a simple house in the suburbs, and strive to grow their relationship into somet
Published March 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about After Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Dark

Start your review of After Dark (Night Owl, #3)
M. Pierce
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Here we are, at the end of the Night Owl Trilogy. In just twenty days, I get to share this book with all of you. I couldn't be more proud. I won't wax sentimental here, but let me say THANK YOU to everyone writing early reviews. From the one stars to the five, I cherish your opinions. Thank you so much for reading.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****3.5 STARS*****
{BR with Sharon}

photo 1a1ec5142948bb09f97d5be694c23239_zpspfvbebul.jpg

I'm sad that this story has now come to an end, and that I didn't end up loving it as well. The first book was excellent!! Matt was super hot, weird, and a dirty talker. I loved that the man walked his pet bunny around town on a leash! The sex between Matt and Hannah was "ovaries exploding" HOT!! There were a few panty melting scenes in this last installment, but I felt there wasn't enough. One sexy time scene was just odd and didn't work for me at all.

Hann
Kim Bailey
Release day Giveaway! -> http://readingintheredroom.com/2015/0...

The perfect ending ...

Matt and Hannah really are one of my very favorite fictional couples. Their dynamic is fantastic ... they get to my heart every damn time! And this final book in the series really brings the whole relationship full circle. I was very pleased with how things progressed ... and then regressed ... and then progressed again. There is always that wonderful push/pull happening in the story. Matt is my ultimate tragi
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 I want it with you star

What is love, if not the power to destroy

I have a love/hate relation with the Night Owl trilogy. If you read my review for Night Owl and Last Light, you will see I had a problem with the two books and the way they made me feel. In Night Owl, Matt drove me mad and crazy. I had a lot of questions and him being an extreme asshole I didn't like him a lot.
But I stuck to it and Last Light was a real challenge. I didn't know what was better: keep reading or DNF the book
Michelle
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Matt and Hannah are in the midst of establishing a real relationship, now that the public knows about him faking his death. Matt and Hannah have overcome a lot in the last year. The lies and the secrets have faded, but the past doesn’t stay hidden away for long. But it’s not the past that has these two running scared; it’s their future.

Matt can no longer hide from the world and his relationship with Hannah can’t be unwritten now that everyone knows the truth of Night Owl... but the aspects of t
Jacqueline
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
3.5 - 3.75 thanks for the misery, it's been brilliant stars.

It kills me to rate anything in the Night Owl trilogy at anything less than five stars, but in terms of sheer reading enjoyment, with some exceptions, this one didn't quite hit the dizzying heights of the other two books for me. But I didn't dislike it. I can only apologise for the confused mess that is this review, but it kind of reflects my state of mind after reading this and pondering on it for a week.

The story picks up immediately
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
The final book in the Night Owl series has Hannah and Matt trying to get their life back on track...back to their type of normal. The problem is that Matt has never quite followed that route.

I should have known from the first book that this book wouldn't follow any predictable patterns. Sadly to say, I did have certain expectations. I assumed Matt and Hannah would have their act together. I assumed Matt and Hannah would get along but you know what they say when you assume. At least I definitely
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
5 Little Bird stars
Can you tell I was excited when I finished the book?

Blurbs, I hate them. I don’t read them. I don’t want to be swayed one way or another, or have preconceived notions and expectations of a book whether an author or story is familiar to me or not. As tempted as I was when it came to the Night Owl trilogy I stayed away, each installment fresh-too fresh between book one and book two. That said, expectations after book one Night Owl were way too high and quite frankly there was no
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange of honest review

[image error]

If you must know I was absolutely addicted to Night Owl by M. Pierce and I couldn't get enough of Matt Sky. And the way M. Pierce has written this seductive and tantalizing trilogy has readers begging for more. I must say this last installment, After Dark was a PERFECT conclusion to this trilogy. And what a brilliant and satisfying ending!!

With the truth of Matt faking his death exposed, Hannah and Matt must face one of their bi
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
“Love. What else is love, if not the power to destroy?”

After Dark brings the fantastically addictive Night Owl trilogy to an incredibly satisfying conclusion. And what a finale it is! We are now witness to the somewhat “normal” living arrangements of Matt and Hannah as they return to real life after the tumultuous events of the first two books. Their relationship continues to be beautifully sexy, erotic and passionate. Make no mistake, After Dark is incredibly hot, dirty and lusty. Matt is i
J. McCoy
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Night Owl: http://amzn.to/1xSmgKM – ON SALE!

Last Light: http://amzn.to/1Iijox8

After Dark: http://amzn.to/1N47Mi9 – Releases 3/24 – ON SALE!

The Night Owl Trilogy is one of my favorite series, ever. I didn’t think anything could top Night Owl or Last Light, but After Dark blows everything out of the water. M. Pierce writes like no one else does and After Dark is M’s best work to date.

From page one, After Dark is an emotional roller coaster. We see how much Matt and Hannah don’t actually know abou
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

✯✯✯✯ 1/2 ‘what a terrific finale’ Stars

‘My heart can barely hold you. All that I feel for you.’

This series has taken us on such an incredibly emotional and intense journey with a few laughs too. Some parts have frustrated us wildly to the point of annoyance. Most parts have had us clutching our hearts and wanting to jump into the story to offer hugs and compassionate love. Oh and let’s not forget the times we’ve needed a hosing down or two. At the end of it all, it’s been memorable.

‘Leaving the
Judith
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*** 5 STARS FOR MATT AND HANNAH ***

Well,it was back in December 2013 when I first read 'Night Owl' and it's no secret it's one of my all time favourite books ( in fact the only one that I've read over and over ) so I went into this one with anticipation and regret because I truely didn't want their story to end....and I just LOVED it..

This book is all about Matt and Hannah's relationship following the aftermath of Matt's fake suicide....they both have doubts and insecurities but overall is their
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 23, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT !!!!!

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

"Spend all you have for loveliness.
Buy it and never count the cost."
- Sara Teasdale "Barter"

description

Last Light ended with Hannah proposing to Matt backstage at the talkshow - remember?

But Matt doesn't believe that Hannah is serious, he thinks she just said it to make the audience forget about his faked death. But of course she was serious - she loves him and wants to spend the rest of her life with him.

But Matt thinks that she can't decide that at this point in their relationship - because h
Eni
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars !!

I met a man online; he called himself a night owl. We played a wicked game in the last light of day. We were married in October, after dark.

I really liked it,but still...It felt like something was missing.
Teri
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley for a honest review.

I just didn't like the story. Overall, really disappointed in the series.

Matt is just too much. Hannah's constant enabling and forgiving has grown old. Too sum up the book... Matt has major psychological issues, and Hannah chooses to ignore them to receive a great orgasm instead. Their relationship is so messed up and primarily based on their sexual chemistry. So....what is different from the prior book?????? Oh.
Bella
Night Owl was over the top amazing for me. I loved that book so hard. It was taboo, sexy, AND it had amazing writing that sucked me in and kept me turning the pages.

As I started this last installment, I was afraid that it wouldn't measure up to the first book.

The plot was unpredictable, the writing was amazing. But I was missing something.

Matt was such a wreck for most of this story. I felt like he and Hannah were at odds for the majority of the book. The secrets, the lies. These two have bee
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I write this review with tears. Of happiness, sadness, fulfillment and love!!! This is my third try at this. The last review I was writing sounded like a eulogy! So. I trashed it. So let’s see if I can do After Dark justice.

I will start off by saying that this book, was my absolute favorite of the series. I know, I know. It’s like asking to pick a favorite child or pet. But yeah. It’s my favorite. This book just had it all. And when I say all. I mean ALL THE THINGS. M. Pierce held nothing back.
Grace
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it

*sigh* This just didn't work for me.

I'm not sure who this is going to hurt more, me having to write it, or the Night Owl fans having to read it. Maybe it's probably best if those fans don't read this . . .

I was really looking forward to the conclusion to this series. I expected the author to shock me with twist and turns. And my first thought after finishing? What the hell just happened? Seriously, what is the plot of this book? Is it: how to function in a dysfunctional relationship?

T
Shayna
 photo afterdarktoppick.jpg

I've just experienced emotional whiplash! My mind is still reeling. My soul has been shaken. My heart is still aching. I'm not sure one can completely recover from a love story like this. It was epic, emotional, outstanding, an all around perfect conclusion to one of my all time favorite series. This author's writing is like crack to me. I'm so addicted. It's always superb in every way, and I am never disappointed with the approach she takes with her beautifully flawed characters.

Matt and Ha
Jaime
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
M. Pierce doesn’t fail to deliver with my favorite book of the trilogy, After Dark. Rarely does a series end on such a high note. Beautifully crafted metafiction. After Dark, skillfully explores the lines between fiction and nonfiction, creating an authenticity that can often be elusive in fiction. After Dark, commands the reader’s attention through M’s disciplined storytelling. I felt so completely lost in Pierce’s prose, as always. Masterfully woven with solemnity, lust, intelligence, wit, and ...more
Lise *friends don't flag*
Very satisfied with this last book in a great trilogy. Gonna miss you, Matt and Little bird.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

‘My heart can barely hold you. All that I feel for you.’

‘Leaving the past behind. There’s no such
Pam
Mar 02, 2014 marked it as arc-up-next
Shelves: arc, netgalley, erotica
ARC kindly provided by St. Martin's Press, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
I can’t believe we are actually here at the end of our beloved Night Owl trilogy. After Dark is finally out and has likely been devoured by people reading late into the night. I read this one over a 24 hour period and was actually scared to start it. I was filled with such trepidation because I didn’t want it to end. Bittersweet doesn’t even begin to describe the emotions I had when reading this book. I have to admit that I didn’t get sucked in immediately like I did with Night Owl and Last Ligh ...more
❤Casey❤
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it

This is the conclusion to Matt and Hannah's story. I recently just read the first two books in the series. The first book I loved,loved,loved. I loved Matt's dirty mouth, the damaged little boy inside and the writer. The second one, I had less love for. I felt, in book 2 Hannah let Matt walk all over her. Now this book, the last one, I had li
Ana
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it

Oh Matt, Matt, Matt... what are you doing to me...

Here they are again, Matt & Hannah engaged. Or not? Well, it's not easy to say that cause Matt is moody and unpredictable as ever.
But... he's hot at that. He is. And I totally got Hannah and I wouldn't have done anything different than she has.

Sexy time was good! But it appeared to me that there was less sexy time than in part#1 and #2?

For me, the Trilogy couldn't end any better.

(view spoiler)
Jennifer / JG's Reads
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This will be short and sweet. If you have read the first two books in this series and you love M's writing, then you will love this book. After Dark is a great ending to Matt's and Hannah's story.
Melissa
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
"I'm steady behind you."

The Night Owl Trilogy is one of my favorites and I'm heartbroken it's over. But, I'm also feeling a little confused by what I just read. My emotions are all over the place. It just wasn't what I expected.

After Dark picks up right where Last Light left us. Dying to know Matt's answer to Hannah's life changing question.The one she threw out at him just seconds before their morning talk show appearance. We get the answer and I have to admit, I was disappointed. Not becau
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Fifty Shades of R...: April 2015 BOTM ~ After Dark by M. Pierce 11 50 Apr 30, 2015 04:55PM
C.D.'s Canaries: After Dark (Night Owl 3) BR 3/29/15 184 49 Apr 01, 2015 06:04AM

• Cruel Obsession (The Obsession Duet, #1)
  • Deadly Obsession: A Mafia Romance (The Obsession Duet Book 2)
  • Borden (Borden, #1)
  • Rogue (Real, #4)
  • Dirty (RAW Family, #2)
  • Borden 2 (Borden, #2)
  • California Dreamin'
  • Last Kiss (First and Last, #2)
  • Break Me (The Wolf Hotel #2)
  • Untamed (Thoughtless, #4)
  • Mine (Real, #2)
  • Dark Notes
  • Thoughtful (Thoughtless, #1.5)
  • Carter (Carter, #1)
  • Remy (Real, #3)
  • Raw (RAW Family, #1)
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Turbulence (Turbulence, #1)
Facebook Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest Find me on Amazon
Thanks for visiting my Goodreads author page. I'm an avid reader and bestselling author living in Colorado. You can find my book Night Owl at various retailers and you can read about my upcoming books at http://mpiercefiction.com/.

Night Owl (3 books)
  • Night Owl (Night Owl, #1)
  • Last Light (Night Owl, #2)

News & Interviews

“Our eyes met and I forgot the audience staring at me. His lips parted slightly, eyes widened fractionally. I wanted to run to him. Was it the surrounding darkness or the chill in the air, or maybe the presence of others? Something … Something clicked, and I understood that no one wanted me the way he wanted me. To have and to hold, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, until death. So I went to him. That is the story: I went to him.” 6 likes
“Love is hysteria, and summer makes it worse. Heat spreads the fever. Madness.” 4 likes