Start by marking “Gift of Sight (Gifted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gift of Sight (Gifted, #1)

Gift of Sight

(Gifted #1)

Feisty, smart mouth Regan thought that breaking up with her boyfriend Sam was going to be the start of her independence. Instead, she is manipulated and dragged into a world where sharp, sarcastic wit isn't going to save her. Turning to her Gram for help, the only remaining relative she has, Regan is upset to find out that her grandmother has been keeping family secrets of ...more
Published February 27th 2014 by Erin Manbeck

To ask other readers questions about Gift of Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gift of Sight

Start your review of Gift of Sight (Gifted, #1)
Sarah Elizabeth
(Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk)

I didn’t really enjoy this book.
Regan, the main character was a bit of a nutcase. She was way too hyperactive, loud, and full-on for me, and she gave me a headache. She seriously needed to calm down, and just stop stressing so much!

The storyline in this lost my interest. Regan drove me nuts, I didn’t get why she was even with this ‘Sam’ bloke who she obviously didn’t like, and then (view spoiler)
books are love
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I began with Regan I wasn't on board with her. She rubs the wrong way at first. Her brashness and sarcasm can go over the top. But as you read the story and you get past Regan's quirks the story captures you. The other characters grab you. The plot will capture you. I think that the unfiltered concept of regan is needed for the comic aspect of it all.

Regan has lost a lot. Her parents are gone and she is feeling adrift. Her boyfriend Sam is not quite what he seems and she sees a side she do
Angela Dossett
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Can I say "I loved this book"? I loved the story line. The characters of the book Regan, Jake, Gram, Maggie and Piper were excellent. Each character brought something into the story. Regan - feisty, smart mouth, but kind and fair, Jake - hot love interest, protector, great leadership qualities, Gram - regal, authoritative, but loves her family and people without limits, Maggie - protector, sister, humorous, but can be a tad serious, and loves her family and people, and Piper - protector, comical ...more
Abbie
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Gift of Sight wasn't very enjoyable for me.

Regan wasn't a character that i could get to like. She was annoying, and she babbled on, and on, and on.
Sam was worse. He talked to Regan like she was a child, and was generally acting like an arse. He deserved to have his shoes weed in by Jackpot.

I didn't like this one from the start unfortunately. It was slow and weird, and just couldn't keep my interest.

Overall, not a great read unfortunately.
Aly
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was great for me for soo many reason. Jake, a dog or not a dog? Such a good idea with this character. I enjoyed Reagan and her Gram very much as well. But all the characters were great to me and made me feel a part of this story. To be Queen or not to be Queen? That is still the question I will have to read another book in the series to find out! I have not read anything else from this author but this book has got me thinking I need to watch for more from Erin Manbeck!
Linda
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This story starts off strong and we get a good sense about how Regan is feeling about her relationship with Sam. Ms. Manbeck does a good job setting up the story and introducing the characters. However, she gets a little repetitive with the Gaelic history. Regan is intelligent with a strong personality and has a lot thrust upon her in a short amount of time. She is not afraid to speak up for herself or others around her. She also has a lot of high ideals but is able to keep her sharp sarcastic w ...more
Dani Tyler-Eckel
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The author is a friend and this book is awesome from start to finish. I would recommend and have recommended this to many people and all have had positive feedback!!!! This is a must read and will have you wanting to read the next 2 books.
Jennifer Mason
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Read!!!

A definite 5 Star book. The depth of the story and characters grabs you, once I started reading I couldn't stop!!! Can't wait for book 2.
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a review copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Gift of Sight appealed to me with its beautiful cover and awesome-sounding synopsis. I'm always ready to read about a feisty, sarcastic heroine. And a vengeful goddess hellbent on bringing said heroine to the Underworld? Count me in!

I sympathized with Regan in her relationship with Sam right away not because I thought she was helpless - she isn't - but because she had become a shell of herself without reali
Charlotte Lynn
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love when a friend (Jessie Lane) recommends a book to me. It is always a winner. The Gifted Series is no exception.

There is so much that I loved about this entire series. Erin Manbeck managed to write these books with great detail to description and detail. Each book is steady in the telling of the story, yet moved at a pace that kept me entirely hooked. I finished the first one, started the second, finished the second, and started the third. Now I am done with book three and am curious to se
Helena Karlsson
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
A young woman, who was brought up by her grandmother after her parents were kidnapped, decides to break up with her boyfriend. Regan, the young woman, realises one day that her relationship is bad and that she is better off alone and she is actually happier living with her dog.
Unfortunately, it turns out her ex-boyfriend Sam is much more sinister than just obsessive and both her Grandmother and the stray dog are not at all what she believed and her college life is seemingly over.

This is a romanc
Michelle
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rar, favorites
I loved this story! So entertaining! Great plot, fantastic characters, and very well written. I started this book last night just to get a taste. Well, that didn't work out so well for me - I ended up not getting enough sleep last night because I just had to finish it. I couldn't put it down.

The characters made this book exceptional - everything else was great but the characters were off the chart. They are the reason for my 5 stars! They were all pretty well developed and I found myself really
Lisa Fallon
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to get given a copy in return for a review.

what can I say about this book?? I really enjoyed it, I wasn't too sure what to expect when I started but once I began I found it hard to put down.
it's a story about a young girl who is trapped in a relationship with boy who at first was great but it slowly went downhill apart from his looks and the fact he "cares" for her the relationship is dying. once she's free from Sam she finds out from her grams that she's a druid and has magic o
Jennifer Holland
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the first chapter I was hooked on Regan's sense of humor and the love she has for the people that surround her. The characters in the book draw you in with their sense of humor and smart mouth's. This book surprised me! If you want to read a book that will make you laugh, make a connection with the characters, and keep you wanting more until the last page... Gift of Sight is it!
Stephanie Johnson
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great flow

I picked this book because the author is a friend. I read it knowing it would be good - I finished it because it was GREAT Erin did a wonderful job bring you into the store and keeping you there. cannot wait for book 2
Raven
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book and I'm anxious for the next one.
Michelle
Apr 18, 2015
Adele Estridge
Feb 20, 2019
Erin Manbeck
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christine
Mar 22, 2014
Mary Welzen
Nov 05, 2015
Erin Manbeck
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Between family and work, life has been an awesome adventure.

Gifted (3 books)
  • Gift of Power (Gifted #2)
  • Gift of Prophecy (Gifted #3)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...