Start by marking “Navy Blues (Navy #2)” as Want to Read:
Navy Blues (Navy #2)

Navy Blues (Navy #2)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  973 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
www.DebbieMacomber.com

She just needed one night with him

Carol Kyle hasn't spoken to her ex-husband in nearly a year, so luring him into her bed for one tempestuous night would be no mean feat. But even if it requires strategy skills befitting a navy admiral, she'll manage. Because Carol wants a child, and only Lieutenant Commander Steve Kyle will do as the father-to-be.
Paperback
Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Navy Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Navy Blues

Jenn O'Brien
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ugh! If book one was a carousel ride, then this one is a tilt-a-world ride. Around and around, up and down. The characters love each other, the characters can't stand one another, the characters are ready to get remarried, the characters are berating each other, the characters have a love scene, the characters jump to conclusions and walk out. You can definitely tell that Macomber's writing changed from her early books, there are hints of what would later become"her style" (like the coffee drink ...more
Fran
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read
Heather Bridson
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just a good book, not like a lot of her's I've read, but I enjoyed it and it was a quick read!
Debbie Heaton
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Macomber’s romance novel, Carol Kyle and Lieutenant Commander Steve Kyle have been separated for a year now. They are reunited by plan as Carol recognizes she wants a child and Steve is the only man she can see fathering her child. As Carol tempts him back into her bed for a passionate night, her plan backfires on her—Steve is unwilling to allow any child of his to be raised without him and Carol finds she loves him more now than ever.

Macomber has masterfully woven a memorable story of romanc
Liz Avila
I didn't find this to be as good as her other books, and came away from it feeling rather disappointed. The entire book left a bad taste in my mouth, as I couldn't connect to the amount of anger and poor judgement the characters show. It left me frustrated at the characters the whole time, but not rooting for them. So, two stars: one since I finished it, and two since she made me, as a reader, feel something strongly (even if it was a negative emotion, I greatly admire authors that can pen words ...more
Jodi
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeanne
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The couple in this story is almost unbelievable. He doesn't have any trust in her and she pretends everything is as he would want it to be. They are divorced because he thinks she had an affair when he was out to sea. He doesn't believe her when she tells him the truth. When she get pregnant he thinks the child isn't his. They are they're own worse enemies. Of course, since this is a Macomber story, it has a happy ending but you'll have to read it to find out how that becomes possible.
Carol Grant
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Military wives

I am a military widow. Married for fifty four years. Birthed two babies. The first we were on shore duty so my husband was there. The second baby was born two months after my husband shipped out to Vietnam and he got home to meet his seven month old daughter. I can identify many feelings in this story.
Lara
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
Macomber is always a good read, and this novel is a very good follow up to Navy Wife. The only problem I had was the unrealistic situation of a bitterly divorced couple reuniting. But I guess if Elizabeth Taylor could do it, then it's not completely far fetched.

Much steamier than Macomber's Blossom Street series.
Carol
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carol wants a baby and the only man she wants as the father is her ex husband, Steve. However as their divorce was not amicable that could prove to be difficult. With a plan to seduce Steve, Carol sets up a meeting on Christmas Eve with him and things start to unravel for the pair. Can the pair put aside their differences and find love again?
Alida Arabelle
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is an okay story. The conflict basically comes from miscommunication which isn't my favourite trope. Trying to get a baby without the man's agreement is generally a bad idea. The resolution is predictable, especially when it's known the two ex-spouses still love each other.
Heidi
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sheila Alexander
I felt that there was no way that two people could constantly miscommunicate with each other and still be in love. It was just back and forth from one problem after the other. Not my favorite Debbie book.
Jamie
Feb 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Debbie Macomber--romantic and entertaining and fun!
Stacy
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters in this book drove me crazy. I just wanted to yell "you both are so stupid!" Pretty good story either way.
Amber
Sep 07, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
It's was a sweet story. I also think the Debbie Macomber understands base living and you can see it in her writing. (navy series)
Peggy
Aug 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, fun read.
Cynthia Siermienski
Navy Blues

Another awesome book. I loved the way you made the rocky separation build up again. Thanks for making my day.
Alana
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved it, starting the next book in the series now
Sue
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: macomber
Well written romantic read, Steve the hero was so stubborn, but enjoyable read even so.
Zohrah
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the continuation of book 1. To me, this is almost like fairytale. I don't know that sweet potatoes can make you very.... Nonetheless enjoy reading it.
Rochelle
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down
Gwynn
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is good. Now on to the next to see what happens.
Tricia
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent weekend read.
Stephanie
May 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I didn't love this series. I didn't finish this story because I just didn't love Carol. I will not be continuing with this series.
Jill
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
# 2 in Navy Series
Carmen
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good again
Cindy Kester
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Macomber never disappoints, although this one was more steamy than the ones I have read in the past. A lot of time spent in the bedroom but with the storyline that's where they needed to be.
Crystal
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this on the flight. Enjoyed it....cried some. An easy read.
  • Taking Cover (Wingmen Warriors, #2)
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • The Substitute Groom (Hawk's Way #12)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Risking It All (SEAL, #2; Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • Come as You Are (Dragon One, #3)
  • Afterburn (Uniformly Hot!, #5)
  • Flyboy
  • The Apartment
  • Woodrose Mountain (Hope's Crossing,#2)
  • Ripped!
  • The Hell-Raiser (Men Out of Uniform #5)
  • Crossing The Line
  • The Soldier and the Baby
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Navy (6 books)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)