Start by marking “In Dark Woods (Signal Bend, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
In Dark Woods (Signal Bend, #4.5)

In Dark Woods

(Signal Bend #4.5)

Ride or die.

An act of treachery has weakened Isaac Lunden, President of the Night Horde MC. His life, and his family’s, is changed fundamentally. Lilli, his old lady, is at his side, exhorting him to fight. But he isn’t sure that what’s left to him is enough to fight for. This is the story of Isaac and Lilli’s journey through those dark woods.

Author's Note: this novella
Published March 21st 2014 by Susan Fanetti

To ask other readers questions about In Dark Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Dark Woods

Start your review of In Dark Woods (Signal Bend, #4.5)
Baba
4.5 stars. Review posted April 13, 2014

photo oie_hifYz7zcX83B_zpse98ce16e.gif

photo d2589799-cff3-444c-9ac3-d9d1bce0148d_zps3dde75a7.png

It was intense and almost unbearably emotional occasionally. It fucking hurt. Keep a stack of tissues at the ready. Let me handle my review the same way we rip off a band-aid: quick. Fact is, I don't see any purpose in digging around the painful and fierce turmoil which had been provided by In Dark Woods. A riveting and well-written turmoil, that is.

photo tumblr_mdfys7zr6P1rh7xy4o1_500_zpsad2342bc.gif

I'm neither a writer nor a poet. I am a simple reviewer. Yet I wanted to convey my feelings in a special way.
Brandi
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Ride or Die"

It would be impossible to review this book without spoiling, so all I can say is that this book. Holy Shit. It was AMAZING. This couple is the best! <3

Amy | Foxy Blogs
Re-read (1/27/2015)
This is my favorite novella. It's short but packs an emotional punch.
Thank you, Kim..., for taking this ride with me. ~RIDE OR DIE~

"You always say 'ride or die.' It doesn't mean the same thing to me that it does to you, I guess. You say it like it means if you can't ride, you might as well die. I think it means you're up for any fight, no matter what, that you never f*cking quit."
description
In Dark Woods is a book that you won't want to skip. An amazing story of unconditional love
Mo
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing

RIDE OR DIE

Back to Signal Bend to Isaac and Lilli. But it is a changed Isaac and Lili that we are meeting. They are in a different place. Will their love be enough to overcome the struggles and roadblocks that are ahead of them? I must say I have been enthralled with this series. I got the first book as a freebie and thought it was fantastic and every single book since has been just as good. A very talented author.

“Mo Mo”

Ahhhh, Gia calls her mommy Mo Mo!!

Can’t really say too much about this
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Debra

4.5+ Stars!

This novella was just...

There were scenes that made me want to do this:

But in the end I was left with a happy smile on my face.

If you haven't read this series yet, I would highly recommend giving it a try!
Georgia ♥
5 Isaac and Lilli Stars

I found myself in dark woods, the right road lost.
To tell about those woods is hard - so tangled and rough.

description

What is an MC president without his gavel?
What is a biker without his bike?
What is a man without his body?

Isaac's thoughts are bleak and they plague his mind day and night. Tragedy once again hit them hard.
They paid in blood, tears and pain but unlike other times betrayal came from within.

Lilli is also torn. Her sanity hangs in the balance. Seeing her man, her reason
Dee Montoya
*****5 Ride or Die Stars*****

It was love at first ride for me and my man Isaac; and just when I thought he couldn't get any hotter he completely melted every part of my body yet again.

photo 77685d3a-7285-4277-8f8a-634ce4acedcc_zps3fc43cad.jpg

Leave it to Isaac and Lilli to confront head-on the difficult times, more than their strength and straight up badass-ness, the most unbreakable and powerful thing they have is their love and once again they will come on top. Scarred and bruised but always still standing and in love.

I loved!! Adored! lusted! and
Duchess Nicole
This is hands down my favorite novella to date. It's heartbreaking in content but ultimately is a brilliant testament to what true love and marriage are all about...those wedding vows were playing in my head over and over again. Throughout this part of their story, it became more and more evident that Isaac and Lilli share a hell of a bond, and that nothing, NOTHING, NOTHING will tear them apart.

There's magic in their devotion. It was beautiful. No matter how many times Fanetti wants to rip my
Jen
This is a novella in the Signal Bend series..(view spoiler)

I must say that this was one intense,emotional read. It was 70 pages of grief, anger,perservereance, and most of all deep love. I thought that I realized in past books, how much Lilli and Isaac loved each other; but nothing comes even
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
WOW. EXCELLENT. BEST NOVELLA IN A SERIES EVER!

I needed this. I needed the know what happened after the horrific betrayal...the tragedy...the destruction of Isaac Lunden.

This book, while necessary to give some closure to the whole Scorpion / CJ debacle, was more than a filler. After everything that Isaac and Lilli went thru, never have two people deserved a HEA. Never have two characters showed the true meaning of deep, all consuming, forever love.

"RIDE or DIE"...Isaac could not ride. With Lilli
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Signel Bend Series, Susan Fanetti Fans
Shelves: saa-conquer-tbr
5 Realization, Willing to Fight Stars * * * * *

62 pages...That's all it took to take us on the journey of realization...62 pages showing the strength and will of Lilli... demonstrating the unwavering commitment of a woman who is determined; solely focus on bring her guy through this dark, torturous, black hole. She had an understanding of what a real man is... who Issac needed to see in himself and understand Lilli saw it all along.

There is a scene which struck as so real... Lilli washes his
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
So....some stuff went down in Alone on Earth with Isaac and Lilli.

Honestly, I keep thinking to myself...how much more can these two people go through really?

Once again, Isaac and Lilli are challenged. Their balance is thrown. Their life is shaken. Their world is shattered.

And once again, Issac and Lilli rise above. Their love for each other carries them through. The willingness to overcome, overrides the loss of hope. And they come out on the other side even stronger.

Sweet jeebus, please let
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

5 Healing Stars!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

SPOILER FREE REVIEW

Well this is impossible to thoroughly review as it would be a 100% spoiler to the events that take place in Bart's book Alone On Earth. Well damn.

Susan Fanetti has taken a group of bikers from the Horde Motorcycle Club and made them a family. With each book, we've grown in our knowledge and attachment to each character. Each book typically focusing on a different club member, this book goes alongside and slightly after the timeline of Alone On Earth. It's the
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
 photo RideOrDie_zpsrfqfvtvo.jpg

Wow, this novella packs one hell of a punch. If you’ve been reading the series, it’s absolutely crucial that you read this book. The story is told from Isaac and Lilli’s points of view, and starts by filling in the missing pieces from events that took place in Bart’s book, Alone on Earth. I needed the reminder of just how amazing Lilli and Isaac are together, and the strength of their unconditional love. Although this wrung just about every emotion out of me, the storyline wraps up nicely in
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

I didn't think it was possible to love Isaac and Lilli more than I already did but this book proved me wrong. I swear, these two deserve a break and some happy times in their future because fate has been beating the shit out of these two!

S.M. West
5 NEVER SAY DIE STARS

This novella featuring my ultimate,favourite couple of this series -Isaac and Lilli, is pure perfection. Through its brevity, it poignantly portrays the strength of their bond, even in the darkest of times, and how their love, need and commitment to each other and their family is a force not to be reckoned with.

Isaac – big, strong, power, raw, virile and gorgeous.

Lilli – strong, smart, brave, true, sexy and beautiful

“Your brain and your heart – big and strong as ever –
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
***5 Love and Strength Stars***

There's really nothing I can say about this novella as it would spoil Alone on Earth.

What I will say is that Isaac and Lilli are the definition of EPIC and UNYIELDING LOVE!

Their individual strength and the strength they give each other is absolutely breathtaking to read. They've been through so much (more than anyone should ever have to endure) and have come through every experience stronger, steadier and deeper in love. There's nothing they can't make it through
Anna Banana
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

"Ride or Die..."

What a beautiful, emotional journey! I started this one on the train home from school and the next thing I know, I have to hide my face because I'm either smiling or fighting the urge to cry.

I knew I loved Lilli and Isaac but I forgot just how much until I got to be back in their heads, and lives. 68 pages is not nearly enough for me and even though we already got 2 books for them, I still secretly wish for more. I'll never get enough of these characters.

I can't talk
Piper
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
O.M.G. Sad tears. Pissed off tears. Fretful tears. Happy tears. This was one hell of a novella ride- that's for sure!!! I need at least one extra glass of wine after this short little read. It encompassed so many emotions and at the same time filled in the blanks left unanswered from the fourth book in the Signal Bend series. Susan Fanetti is an excellent writer! Ride or die- movin' on to number five!!
♥Sharon♥
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW..just..WOW

It is nearly impossible to review this book because if I say much of anything I would most likely let loose a spoiler and I really don’t want to do that. So I will try to keep it short. :)

photo 057db817-c25d-4dab-b5b2-9817246686f8_zpse6ae4f50.jpg

We are back in Signal Bend where we find Lilli and Isaac in a very different place in their lives. They are dealing with the aftermath of what happened after the Scorpion MC arrived in town. As if Lilli and Isaac haven’t dealt with enough struggles and challenges, they will be tested one more
TeriLyn
Re-read (as part of the series) August 2017 - Isaac and Lilli are the strong backbones (no pun intended) of this series. Reading this Signal Bend by-way following the tragic events of the previous book 4 puts their strength to a real test. And their fortitude and love never waivers. These two are an EPIC love story throughout the series and they stand strong as the patriarch and matriarch of the Night Horde MC.

5+++ "He'd told her he rode in his dreams." Stars

In Dark Woods gives a continuation
Kim Bailey
Reread (01/26/2015) with Amy Foxy

A full universe of Stars

There are not enough words in the english language to describe my level of emotion associated with this lovely little novella. This is sincerely THE BEST novella I have ever read. In fact it is one of THE VERY BEST stories I have ever read (regardless of length).
It always amazes me when an author has the ability to pack so much into such a short little book.
Susan Fanetti has managed to create something completely magical ... Love, Love,
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
5 ACHING STARS

This was so great. To hear what happened at the end of Alone On Earth from Lilli and Isaac's point of view. So much hardship, so much hard work. Great novella, and I can't wait for the next book.
Angie **loves angst**
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Will I ever get tired of this series? Hell No!
This was short, sometimes sad, but definitely sweet. I love how much this couple has grown and how secure they are in their love.

4.5 Stars
Liz
description

In Dark Woods is a novella from the fantastic Signal Bend Series. It's a bit hard to review because you just have to read it for yourself...but I will do my best!

The time frame of Dark Woods is crossed over from the 4th book in the series (Alone on Earth). So if you have read Alone on Earth, you know that something very bad happens to Isaac. In this book, we find Lilli is scared that she is going to loose Isaac forever. This novella focuses on their journey of the trauma and then through to
Amanda
I've been anticipating this novella since half way reading through Bart's story. Thank God for this novella, or else I wouldn't know how to cope. When I thought that Isaac and Lilli have finally found their peace, then shit happens again. I might just have enough! But in the meantime we also witnessed how beautiful and strong their love for each other is. They fight like any old couple and Isaac can be a total douche and child sometimes when he can't cope. But they are there for each other. I ...more
Vallsykes
description
He swung his leg over the saddle and strapped on his helmet.
Ride or die.
“Okay, brothers. Let’s ride.”
I bypassed Alone on Earth, Bart's story {but I'll get to it, eventually!}, in order to read this little novella that brings back the first couple of this series, Isaac and Lilli Lunden!

I don't usually give 4 or 5 stars to novellas, but I really love this couple, a testament to my little love affair with Fanetti's writing. This couple is one of the uniquely penned ones, both are
Lady Heather
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mc, contemporary romance, nitty and gritty

For a novella this short story certainly packed a punch!

This is perhaps my favorite story in the series.
I loved the love, struggle, loyalty, hope and frustration that was portrayed in this story.
Lilly truly is an amazing character, and my heart was weeping for Isaac.

If your a fan of the "Signal Bend" series, this is a definite must read!
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
What an absolutely great novella! Susan Fanetti expands on an incident that happened in the previous book (Alone on Earth)when MC leader Isaac Lunden nearly dies when he is betrayed by a club member. Great writing showing the true love that has developed between Isaac and his wife Lilli. The scene when she washes and braids his hair while he is lying paralysed in a hospital bed is heartbreakingly beautiful.

A series where you truly experience the gamut of emotions from the deepest pain to the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Always Something There to Remind Me
  • Kissing Tolstoy (Dear Professor, #1)
  • The Cinderella Pact
  • The Next Big Thing
  • The Friend Zone (End of the Line #1)
  • Strength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC, #3)
  • White Heat (Lost Kings MC, #5)
  • Beyond Reason (Lost Kings MC, #9)
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Tattered on My Sleeve (Lost Kings MC, #4)
  • The Dust and the Roar (Legends of Meager, #1)
  • After Burn (Lost Kings MC, #10)
  • Beyond Reckless (Lost Kings MC, #8)
  • Kings of Mayhem (Kings of Mayhem MC, #1)
  • Corrupting Cinderella (Lost Kings MC, #2)
  • White Knuckles (Lost Kings MC, #7)
  • After Glow (Lost Kings MC, #11)
  • American Hellhound (Dartmoor, #6)
I was born and raised in the Midwest, but I was transplanted into the dusty soil of Northern California and have apparently taken root there. An inveterate geek and gamer, I am a fan of many things considered pop culture and maybe even lowbrow.

As a reader, my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy, but as a writer, I've found my home in romance--or perhaps it's better to say simply "love

Signal Bend (10 books)
  • Move the Sun (Signal Bend, #1)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Into the Storm (Signal Bend, #3)
  • Alone on Earth (Signal Bend, #4)
  • All the Sky (Signal Bend, #5)
  • Show the Fire (Signal Bend, #6)
  • Leave a Trail (Signal Bend, #7)
  • Nolan: Return to Signal Bend
  • The Signal Bend Series: The Complete Series (Signal Bend, #1-8)
“Wrong, asshole. Your body makes you male. Your brain and your heart—big and strong as ever—they make you a man.” 0 likes