Start by marking “What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Irresistible Sicilians, #1)” as Want to Read:
What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Irresistible Sicilians, #1)

What a Sicilian Husband Wants

(Irresistible Sicilians #1)

On his terms only!

After moving countries, cutting all ties and giving birth to her baby alone, Grace Holden is desperately hiding from her past. But just when she thinks she might have broken free it catches up with her – in the form of her millionaire Sicilian husband!

Grace has sworn that her daughter won’t grow up amongst the dark power and money of his family…but no one
Kindle Edition, Mills & Boon Modern Romance #1367, 192 pages
Published March 2014 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about What a Sicilian Husband Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Sicilian Husband Wants

Alex is The Romance Fox
Wow…….JUST................  photo giphy_zpsafe92255.gif
Before going any further, I want to thank my good GR friend Vashti……after reading your review on book #2, I decided to start all over again with this author’s books. If not for you, I would have missed out on a great and amazing read…..so, again…THANK YOU V!!

I am a Mills & Boon addict…yes, I am. Since I discovered these “gems” many many years ago, my love for the stories has not abated. Of course, I have my favorite authors and I am always searching for new writers
Vashti
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So,I finally finished this book after a 2 day break.I struggled to finish it,why ,because of the heroine.My goodness she was a "bitchy" thing.For the majority of the book until chapter 11,this heroine was hard! I never warmed to her and it made the read a chore.
Grace leaves Luca approx 10 months ago pregnant with his child.She can't live his lifestyle any longer with the constant security,bodyguards,and Luca's change in personality.He also seems to be embracing a mob attitude with certain deadbe
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
Hmmm a highly rated book so a case of great expectations.
It's good, mind you - especially the beginning but it gets in the rut as does the h.

She escapes from a husband, a happy marriage when she suspects her Sicilian husband to be a mafioso. They were deliriously happy and one day she just vanishes into thin air.

Now in the present, he's found her and their infant daughter. An explosive beginning to the book. I had to admire the h for her brainy worked out escape and hiding away - and he impresse
Desere
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the going gets tough the tough gets going right? Not always as in this case the going took off running and the tough does not give up until they are reunited.

But once reunited it does not mean the going is simply going to back down and let the tough handle every single aspect of life, again. The going in this read is Grace and the tough her crawl-onto-my-lap-and-I'll-show-you-just-how-much-control-I-have-over-you husband Luca.

She dared to run away from him and their semi blissful marriage,
StMargarets
Great opening scene! The heroine had really worked herself into some grade A paranoia and that gun shot shockingly discharged it right back at the hero. Lots of drama and emotion, but one of the quieter scenes remains in my mind - the flashback of how they met when she inadvertently trespassed on his land with her land. Whatever it was about that scene made me believe their HEA when they got to it.
This is the first in the series and we meet or hear about the heroes and heroine of the next two b
Becky
If I could give six stars I would...my first from this author but won't be my last. I always wondered
whether any criminal aspect of a hero would be explored in an HP--really well done, Hero POV was superb...the depth of his love (notwithstanding his threats and claimed indifference) really shone through the story like a beam. LOVE his fidelity, even when he wants revenge. Also love this strong, individualistic heroine...so tired of doormats.
Amalie Berlin
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, presents
Unequivocally loved this book, from the first page. And she totally shot her husband. SHOT HIM. With a gun. Which... tickled me to death! He got over it, btw. It didn't get anywhere near his important parts. And he totally needed a good shot to wake him up. Besides, who hasn't wanted to shoot their husband at one point? :)
KatieV
At first I wasn't too sure I was going to like this one, but it turned out to be a good one.

The h leaves her husband when she discovers she's pregnant. This is during a rough patch in their marriage where the H is drinking too much, working long/late hours, and appears to be involved in some Sicilian mobster-like activities.

I thought this would be a case of the stupid, naive heroine realizes she misunderstood and is brought back into the fold. Actually, she did understand what was going on. The
Fiona Marsden
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reunion romance...I am so there. Luca is the epitome of the dark Sicilian male. He's had the responsibility of his family business since he was 21 and he's made a success of it. Falling for a wacky free spirited artist wasn't in his plan. Grace is everything he didn't know he needed but after a blissful first year of marriage things aren't going to plan.

Luca's new business ventures are taking time away from his marriage he didn't expect and bringing stresses he doesn't need. Grace can see him gr
willaful
I'm really happy to have found a new HP author that works for me. This takes a classic, intense plot and adds some original aspects that keep it fresh and interesting. And everything does not turn out to have been a huge misunderstanding; the drama was valid. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Rachel Lyndhurst
A jaw dropping opening chapter - I never thought the heroine would actually do what she does. Brilliant!Sicily, shady corners,scintillating sex and simmering hatred ticked all my Modern/Presents boxes. It's a goody.
Danielle
Victoria Parker
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well hell, Ms Smart, what a book! And hello Luca, you delicious Sicilian you! Are you sure it's Grace you want? Really? Damn!
I LOVE a hero who can snag my attention and keep it held throughout a book and that is exactly what Luca did, in all his super sexy gangster glory. Grace was certainly chilly up front - armed and loaded with enough inner angst to set off any trigger-happy finger - but I adored her mama-bear instincts, the way she was ready to protect her daughter at all costs. What ensued
LIA  Kh.
I like the opening. it's so different with the usual Harlequin novel.
Jenny
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy
This author wrote a cheating heroine in her previous book so I was very reluctant to read this book. I enjoyed this one though. Pregnant heroine run away from her gangster husband but he tracks her down, brings her back to Sicily and he demands to know her reasons for walking away.

I liked that both hero and heroine remained celibate while they were apart and that heroine was a good mother. What I didn't like was heroine's coldness and cruelty during the first half of the book. She even shot the
Melody Cox
***2.5 Stars***

I really didn't care for this book. I know I will struggle with my rating when I don't like the hero or heroine and for me, the hero just didn't pass muster. I think he was portrayed as an uncaring husband to even consider making the choices he did. I wouldn't have blamed her if she never went back to him. The only reason I gave it 2.5 stars is because he really came around in the end. There was nothing more that I enjoyed and I'm sorry but I can't recommend it.
Romance_reader
ok but immensely forgettable.
MissKitty
Hmmm was just ok.

The husband was a thug... what did he expect?
Jane Hunt
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Mills & Boon Modern) (The Irresistible Sicilians - Book 1) by Michelle Smart

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

The first chapter of 'What a Sicilian Husband Wants' is full of suspense and more than a little menace. Not the usual start for a glamorous romance but it intrigued me. Grace is afraid of her own shadow and is reluctant to help the unexpected caller at her door. Her compassionate nature triumphs over her fear but by letting down her guard, she unwittingly lets her past crash into her present
Jennifer Mcpherson
I have no idea why new writers write the heroine so heartless and stupid. Michelle Smart your heroine is cold you use words to show emotions but there is no emotion to feel and i couldn't connect with any of your characters. To get your audience involve you have to create the scene with heat , love, clarity and a sense of understanding of each of your characters. Go back and read some authors book who have been writing awhile now and you will get a sense of how to connect with your readers. We n ...more
Akina
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid book. I thought the whole gangster thing was quite original. I haven't seen that before in a HP novel. I liked Luca almost from the beginning. He wasn't a pushover but he also wasn't cruel except when his back was to the wall. And he always relented once he cooled down. I actually respected both of the lead characters. Grace was a wonderful mother who wasn't afraid to take matters into her own hands or to speak her mind. She put Luca in his place time and time again. I also liked the fac ...more
Rgreader
The first 2 pages were interesting but What the Sicilian Husband Wants went downhill from there due to the heroine. I found her to be quite unlikeable, cold and couldn't get past her unprovoked shooting of the hero.
I like the secret baby plot, the wealthy hero trope but a heroine engaging in unprovoked violence is just a no. Not attractive. Not what a strong woman should be. Doesn't make me giggle. Just no.
Cheryl
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The heroine is too bitchy and frankly, I never warmed up to her. As for the hero, it's apparent that he loves her but doesn't like the person she's become. This is the 2nd book that I've read by this author and her story lines don't adhere to HP standards.....guess I like the tradition story lines.
Aimee
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kicks off with a bang (literally) and only gets better from there. The writing is top notch, the story fast paced, emotional and addictive. I could quite happily read it again I loved it that much. Guns and Gangsters in Presents - brilliant! More hot Sicilians please. Oh wait, the second is out next month! Can't wait!
Doaa
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
it is my first time to read for Michelle smart
i love this book ..looking foreword the second part of the series
with the mystery pepe
shms
2.5*. Light, entertaining read with a somewhat different angle on the H. Didn't engage me at all on an emotional level but interesting enough to pass the time with.
Somia
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 Sad Stars

Having run and cut all ties with her past, Grace Holden is in hiding with her baby girl, hiding from her rich husband, she wants her daughter far away from the dark wealth and power of her husband’s world/family. She thinks all is well and her millionaire husband has now idea where she is until he comes knocking.

Luca is ok (nice), Grace comes across as super paranoid and unbending in this. The emotion and angst that is usually found in these types of mills and boons reads/story lines
Paige
Enjoyed. A lot of growth by both characters.

I enjoyed WHAT A SICILIAN HUSBAND WANTS more than I thought I would. I normally don’t love secret baby storylines because it just leads to anger between the main characters for the majority of the book.

Grace Holden ran away from her husband, Luca after finally being unable to ignore how violent he has gotten in dealing with his work since forming a dangerous partnership.

***Details***

When Luca finally finds her and their 3 month old daughter he never
Toni Davids
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It feels like quite a while since I read Smarts debut and while that was a bust for me, this was a highly enjoyable read. The style was more relaxed than I remember and I love Sicily so I adored the setting. The hero was a heady mix of dominating strength and passion that we all expect from an HP so all in all it was a great way to spend a few hours on a Sunday afternoon. I look forward to Cara's story.
Amanda S.
3.5 stars, I enjoyed but not as dramatic as I thought it would be.

I mean it is dramatic, but I was expecting something different. Something like Diana Palmer's book; Hero being super mean he's borderline sadistic or something like that. It's awful, sure, but at least it's different than 'classic' tsundere Hero. But overall I enjoyed this book so much, especially because I always love secret baby theme. Look forward to read more from Smart! :)
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 07, 2017 05:32PM

• The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • The Legend of de Marco
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • The Consequences of That Night
  • The Veranchetti Marriage
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Pretender to the Throne (Call of Duty, #3)
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orsini Brothers, #4)
  • The Billionaire's Blackmailed Bride
  • A Deal with Benefits
  • An Inheritance of Shame (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #4)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • A Hint of Scandal
Michelle Smart is a Publishers Weekly bestselling author with a slight-to-severe coffee addiction. A book worm since birth, Michelle can usually be found hiding behind a paperback, or if it’s an author she really loves, a hardback.
Michelle lives in rural Northamptonshire in England with her husband and two young Smarties. When not reading or pretending to do the housework she loves nothing more t

Irresistible Sicilians (3 books)
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • Taming the Notorious Sicilian (Irresistible Sicilians, #3)