Start by marking “For No Apparent Reason” as Want to Read:
For No Apparent Reason

For No Apparent Reason

A focused law student, romance has been absent from Madison’s life. She has successfully planned each phase of her life and resigned to the fact that there will be plenty of time for love after she passes the bar exam—that is, until the single act of seeking shelter from a spring downpour dramatically alters the course of her life. Madison is lured away from the security o ...more
Published February 21st 2014 by TouchPoint Press (first published October 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about For No Apparent Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For No Apparent Reason

Start your review of For No Apparent Reason
Winter Sophia Rose
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, Dangerous & Captivating! An Excellent Read! I Loved It! ...more
Julia
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For No Apparent Reason by S.K. Derban is a contemporary murder mystery which I really enjoyed. There was a great plotline that drew the reader in from the start - the cosy opening that morphed into the very sinister.
With amateur sleuthing meeting the professional FBI, the reader realised something big was going down. There were warm touches as a romance bubbled alongside the mystery.
God was in control. "When you allow God to be in control, there is no need to worry about tomorrow." It did not al
Sharon Hill
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For No Apparent Reason is the perfect book to throw in the beach bag, although I enjoyed it “on the go” picking it up at every opportunity! The author paused the suspense perfectly between each well written chapter.

I just loved how the cast of characters were brought to life. Madison, a witty young law student, along with several key characters, captivate us on a journey filled with adventure, romance, mystery, and friendship.
SK Derban shows that Adventure, Romance, and Mystery can captivate our
Amy
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For No Apparent Reason by author S.K. Derban is a quirky murder mystery with memorable characters that really brought the story to life. We meet Madison a somewhat nosy college student on a stormy afternoon at the scene of a crime and unbeknownst to her, her life is about to get a bit more interesting.

Madison is a law student who is craving something different in her life. She has a boyfriend she is not in love with and pursuing a career she is not sure she is ready for. Enter a certain hunky my
Colbie Myles
This author's book offers a nice blend of real-life situations especially in how the main character finds herself at a crossroads in her young life. She doesn't really seem to realize that she's looking for lasting love--something that couldn't take a front seat in her life anyway when she's thrust in the middle of a murder mystery and events that threaten her safety. But she does meet a hot FBI agent and the chemistry is obvious. I found myself rooting for those two throughout the book. I like ...more
InD'tale Magazine
"For No Apparent Reason" is a good example of an inspirational mystery - anyone of any age can read and enjoy this story.

Read full review in the 2014 August issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Loralee Starrett
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A good mystery that didn't get too dark with a story of an adventurous young woman looking for her first love. A book that I could recommend to my daughter.
Amy
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-reviews
The author did a great job of keeping my attention with this book. The plot was intriguing and a bit different than others I have read. The characters were interesting and believable.

One of my favorite characters was probably Court, the FBI agent. He was quite charming and attractive in many ways. He was focused on his job, and although attracted to Madison, didn't let that take precedence over his responsibility to the case. I would have enjoyed however seeing a little more happening between th
Jessica
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is captivating, emotional and very funny

Ms. S. K. Derban captivated me again with her second book For No Apparent Reason. I really enjoyed reading this book. It is not only captivating, emotional and very funny as well.

Madison Rae will crack you up not only with her wittiness but how she forgets things too like her gadget. It is also a beautiful book about the love and support of a family.

This book is hard to put it down once you started reading it. It is very suspense. It will blow you
Tiffany
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since she's been focused on law school, Madison really hasn't had a lot of time for romance. However, when she finds a returned package on the porch of a man accused of killing his wife, her curiosity is piqued. She takes the package, and finds herself compelled to return it to the rightful owner and prove the innocence of Samuel Livingston. Unknowingly, she has caught the eye of FBI Agent Court Braxton in more than one way. From the moment they met, there seemed to be sparks. Will those sparks ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I'd put this in the Christian Romantic Suspense/mystery category.

The book starts off right away with Madison snooping through the piled papers/mail on the porch where she was taking cover from a rainstorm. It seems like an odd thing to do but Madison has a tendency to stick her nose where it doesn't belong (as you will find out reading the book and the situations she puts herself in to help solve a crime).

Enter Court Braxton, FBI agent. He was just finishing up doing something at the house where
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
SNSBAH Rating: 3.0

~~~~~~~~~~Dee's ★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Investigative detective story in a sort of grown up Nancy Drew tracking down clues to solve a murder mystery. The sleuthing is exciting as missing pieces to the puzzle begin to fall into place. But as the case closes and the bad guys are locked up, the story drags along with boring conversation. The momentum falls flat. Nice, mild, lukewarm story overall with little passion or interest but could certainly use a little spice to improve the fla
Audrey
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has the best of a romance novel but done in a wholesome way. That is truly a first; I love having an extra copy that I can give to my mom or any family member and know that there is nothing offensive and it was fun to read!
Sandy Person
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you are moved to share really good finds! For No Apparent Reason is one of those great stories that stands out! SK Derban's tale is clever, suspenseful and suitable for young and old alike! Definitely a must read!!!
sandy Person
Herb Haubold
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read that combines mystery, love and humor. It reminds me a little of Robert Parkers books, and I am now looking forward to S.K. Derban's next book. Was that the first book? It was a good one!
Nanci Hallahan
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn in and held captive from the prologue all the way through to the end. I fell in love with the main characters. I felt like somehow I knew them as I do my close friends. There was an unexpected purity in the story along with suspense and adventure. I loved it, and I recommend it!
L. Cardenas
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this book and found it hard to put down. The characters were wonderful! I am hooked as a true S.K. Derban fan. I cannot wait for her next novel!
Violet
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A well blended mystery with romance. A fast paced read with interesting characters that will keep you turning the pages.

Thanks to S.K. Derban and Goodreads for my copy.
Andrea
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I can't wait to read another book by this author!
Crystal Tillory
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book and fell in love with the characters right away! Such an easy, delightful read! Cant wait for the next book by this wonderful new author!
AM Grace
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story - I loved it!
Cassandra
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy.

With a writing style that is unique and a story that grabs attention, this book is a great day killer. I found myself not wanting to delay the finish but at the same time having to put the book on hold for daily things. I was able to start back up and get right into the story which is not always an easy thing to do. The characters have a way of sweeping you up and the finish was worth every minute in between.

Ali
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. But it didn't excite me. I wasn't captivated or enthralled by the characters, plot, or the mystery. It was a sweet story with a decent premise, but it took me a few days to really get into it. Overall, the writing is good and it is easy to read, I was just missing some excitement!
AM Grace
Snake
Feb 11, 2017
Aisha-Kimberly Hashmi
Jan 12, 2019
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I immediately fell in love with Madison's character. She had that nosy but I'm trying to help attitude. Who doesn't like a character like that? I know in her heart she really felt like she could solve this case on her own even though she probably should have left it to the professionals. If I were in her shoes, the adventurous side of my would have wanted to do the same thing! The author did a great job in writing this part.

Mostly, I enjoyed her interactions with Court. You could tell by the way
Christian-Fiction...: For No Apparent Reason - ENDS 02/15!!! 1 4 Feb 07, 2015 09:21PM
Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, S.K. Derban moved to London within the first three months, and remained in England until the age of five. Her father, an American citizen, was a decorated veteran of the second world war. Derban's mother, born and raised in the United Kingdom, was involved with the London Royal Ballet Company, and a great fan of the arts. Even after returning to the United State ...more