Start by marking “Captivating Bridge (Tempest, #3; Black Cat Records, #6)” as Want to Read:
Captivating Bridge (Tempest, #3; Black Cat Records, #6)

Captivating Bridge

(Tempest #3)

Warren “War” Jinkins is that guy.
The bad one.
Tempest’s ex front man, an arrogant rock god.
The only thing larger than his ego is his capacity for self-destruction.
His bad attitude has cost him. His woman. His best friend. His band. Everything.
Shaina Bentley is that girl.
The good one.
Hollywood’s pink candy-coated sweetheart.
The star of Pinky Swear, television’s top rated tee
Published May 22nd 2014 by Michelle Mankin (first published May 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Captivating Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captivating Bridge

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
To explain how Michelle is able to captivate a reader, I have to tell you a funny story while reading this....

I was in the doctor's office waiting for my turn and I was reading this book on my phone....now to set the scene...imagine a waiting room full of patients over the age of 70 and it's packed....

So I'm reading....and it gets to a spot where War does something really awful and I mutter (thinking to myself) "You fucker....how could you do that?" ----- I was seething so I looked up and every
Lisa Anthony
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to receive an ARC of the third installment in the Tempest series, giving me the chance to read it before its release. This is War's story, his voice. I could feel the intensity coming off the pages ..... full review to come.

In this book War will unveil himself to you. War is a complex character, he definitely has a heart, to hurt as bad as he does, that means he has to care first, he hides behind a facade of not caring to protect himself, it's his armor, his shied.
Shania seems
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Captivating Bridge broke my heart into a thousand pieces, and it even did it more than once! War... so lost and sad and lonely, and Shania, equally lost, but strong and full of love. The two of them together could have either completely tanked or become stronger than a diamond!

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
**4.5 Stars**

Dammit, War. Your story was every bit as captivating as I thought it would be. I wasn't sure if there really were any redeeming qualities in you. Shaina found them all. You had me worrying you were going to ruin it all - in typical War fashion. Thankfully you pulled your head out before it was too late.

***
War - we know all about Warren Jinkins. The hell he's lived through, the trouble he's made. But he's deeper than that. The attitude he projects, the image he conveys are all part o
Shaina Salisbury-abbs
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to keep this review short and sweet until release. As I have been blessed to be part of the backstage pass holders of the Tempest concerts seeing this come to fruition has been an experience. I fell in love with gritty world of faerietale and real life that Michelle wrapped together so intricately. But this book proved the most provacative. Emotions on a merry go round. Painted ponies of live, anger, sadness, hope, remorse and enlightenment ride up and down in a captivating circle. A b ...more
MJ
Shelves: 2014-books
Captivating Bridge was simply amazing. From start to finish I didn't want to put it down but with Michelle Mankin's books, that's kind of a given at this point.

What a great storyline. Truth be told, I didn't care much for War Jinkins. The fact that he let Lace get so messed up in Irrestible Refrain (Book 1 in the Tempest series). I never thought he deserved her but there was always something about him that intrigued me. I wanted to know what made him be the man he had become. He had such loving
Brandee - Brandee's Book Endings
Loved Loved Loved - My favorite Michelle Mankin book yet! Make sure to add to your to be read list!
Liz
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock, rock-sets
This book concentrates on War's story at a point where is is adrift from the band and his friends.
It makes for a real page turner of a book. War comes across as a complete ass on occasion but his vulnerability shines through in this book. I loved the contrast between the characters, light and darkness but not everything is as it seems. The story is heart breaking in parts and the tenderness between the characters (in the most part) makes it a great read.
Samantha  Kurtz of Sammy's Book Obsession
Another 5 for Tempest!

TITLE~ Captivating Bridge (Tempest #3)
AUTHOR~ Michelle Mankin
GENRE~ New Adult-Romance-Music
PUBLISHED~ Expected publication: June 19th 2014 by Michelle Mankin
PURCHASED/COST~ ARC for review
MY RATING~ 5/5

MY THOUGHTS~

I was provided with an arc of this book for review.

I loved this third book in the Tempest series! I really couldn't put it down. It has angst, intensity, and tenderness all woven into one incredible ride. I will try to keep this short so as not to reveal any sp
Wendy
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!

What girl didn't dream of living in the rock n' roll world? Especially with the bad boy lead singer of the band? Count me in as one of those girls with the posters hanging all over my room! This book let me live those dreams without leaving my world as a Momma here in Iowa. Michelle created some amazing characters that sucked me into their world. Love, sadness, despair, hate, triumph....real life emotions in this fairy tale world. My only question after reading all of the Temp
Michelle Mankin
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SandraBarg
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such A Great Series!

This book was darker than the last and it was awesome! This one had a great love story,each book in this series has a completely different love story for each character. I love the characters, the writing is great, and the books just fly when you are reading them! This has been a great investment!
Sian
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved, loved this book!!! Thank you Michelle for letting me read it before release!! This can be read as a standalone, I read this having not read the other books in this series. This book has one of those scenes I could read over and over again. Just perfection. *sigh*
Rachel
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

Guest Reviewers – Rachel M and Sian

Rachel M: 4.5 Stars
Sian – 4 Stars

We were so honoured to be asked by Michelle Mankin to beta read this book prior to release. Neither of us had read this author’s work before. Being ‘reading order’ junkies, we were worried about going straight into this series at the third book. But this book stood alone well; the fact that neither of us had read book one or two from this series didn’t detract from our enjoyment whatsoever.

So, Warren ‘War’ Jinkins is the moody,
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Did you really expect it to? I mean the two of you together make no sense at all. It’s like putting the Easter Bunny together with a crocodile. At first everyone’s all nervous and shit like ‘Oh, how cute. Look how they’re getting along.’ And then of course the predictable happens, the rabbit’s a reptile snack and all the kids are cryin’ ‘cause Easter ain’t comin’ next year.”

What started out as sort of an awkward book for me soon turned into a book I fully enjoyed. The awkward part was only
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was my first book in this series and by this author. Overall, I was underwhelmed. Significant chunks of the book were spent in some pretty complex thought segments by both War and Shaina instead of action and it just didn't appeal to me that much. Perhaps reading the earlier books would have helped me better understand the dynamic of the band which was also lost on me. Both characters referenced being in love with each other 2 weeks after spending 48 hours together which seemed completely o ...more
LaDonna
I know I mentioned in my review of Irresistible Refrain that I wasn't too fond of War. You would think by now that I would know better than to say stupid things like that because he pretty well broke me in this one.

This book is not going to be for everyone. It may be my favorite so far, but it is very dark in places. In my opinion that just makes the light so much sweeter. There is definitely a gritty realism to the darker parts, and I know many read to escape that. Heck, I do that too at times.
Amanda
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I will fully admit that in the first two books I hated Warren...he made it hard to like him in this book in the beginning. There are things that you don't understand about War until you read this book...for instance his capability for love is so large and his asshole attitude is a mask that he wears well. Shaina was able to see through that mask because she wears a similar mask herself.

There were moments in this book where you want to strangle War, but in the same instant you feel bad for him be
Ruby McDemon
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You have to adore a book where it show's a bada** teddy bear side. I love a story that shows that not only can War be a jerk, but he can be a real softie. Then there's the sugar and spice that's Shaina who complements him perfectly. It was awesome listening to Kai and Wen weave this Captivating story through the air (see what I did there lol). Through the ups and downs of this book Kai, Wen and Michelle wove an awesome tale and together they made something truly worth listening to.
Ashley Hedden
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivating Bridge was another great read by Michelle Mankin. This is book three in the Tempest series. Warren "War" is the ex front man of Tempest who is the epitome of a bad guy. His attitude has cost him everything in his life and he isn't looking for much when Shaina walks into his life. Shaina has always been the good girl that she portrays on her teen show. I absolutely loved reading Shaina and War's story and can't wait to read more of this series.
Michelle
Good book

You people should just read this novel yourselves and I really enjoyed reading this novel very much so. Shelley Ma
Angie Craig
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous series

I love this series and can’t wait to get my hands on the next book. Michelle Mankin always tells the story so you can visualize it in your mind.
Coralee Corrigan
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beyond amazing read.
Rebecca
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I finished reading Book 1, Irresistible Refrain, I wanted to hear War’s story immediately. I needed to understand what was going on in his mind as everything played out between him, Lace, and Bryan. I wanted his voice; in fact, I craved it because out of all the band members, his story seemed to be the most painful and destructive, and I wasn’t wrong. I also knew that behind the bitterness and rage was a man who just needed the right woman to help free his blackened heart and bring lightnes ...more
Christina
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2014
Complimentary copy received in exchange for an honest review.

Captivating Bridge is the third book in the Tempest series and is a spin-off of the Black Cat series. Each novel can be read as a standalone. I have previously read the first book in the series, Irresistible Refrain. While it is not necessary to read the books in order, I will admit that they will probably make more sense and be more meaningful if they are read in order.

Since I have not read the second book in the series, Enticing Inte
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
**Originally posted @SinfulReads ** Rating 4.5 of 5

REVIEW: Captivating Bridge is War’s story, one I was looking forward to and happy to have read. What I like about War is not just his talent and his bad boy persona, I also loved the way he was described as sexy, broken, with a black heart and deliciously dangerous.

We all know War from his outburst of anger and his over the top personality that kept putting himself and those around him in situations that were less than desirable. War had a horri
D
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Michelle Mankin is one of my favorite authors. The very person she is in life comes out in her stories and her writing—sincere, real, loving, fun, thoughtful and compassionate. CAPTIVATING BRIDGE was no different. Warren “War” Jinkins story was all those things. In every word Mankin made him speak on the pages of this instalment of the Tempest Series, I could picture War. Everything about him. His walk, his talk, his sadness, his hurt and his ability to love and to be loved.
Warren Jinkins is n
Naughty Mom Story Time
The stories are getting better and better as I make my way through this series. I'll tell you, there was a moment I HATED War. His self-destructive actions took an all time low and what he does to Shaina was just awful! But he makes up for it eventually.

War and Shaina were a good couple. Both living lives in the spotlight. His music career and her acting career keep their lives filled with drama but they've grown up differently; however, no matter those differences they have both suffered in so
Donna Van Name
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivate g Bridge

I gave this book five stars as I couldn't put it down. I stayed awake to finish it but ended up with a chapter the next day. Loved that it shows love is two people working together

• Feel like Makin' Love (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #3)
  • Fierce (Fierce, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • Zenith Fulfilled (Zenith Trilogy, #3)
  • Before You (Before You, #1)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Thrilling Heaven (Room 103, #2)
  • Twisted (Lost in Oblivion, #2)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Sweet Renegade (Renegade, #1)
  • Alluring Temptation (Bayou Stix, #3)
  • Blessed Fate (Blessed Tragedy, #2)
  • Ache (Punk, #1)
  • Rock Bottom (Bullet, #2)
  • The Loneliest Tour (Willow Son, #2; Brothers Of Rock, #17)
  • Rock Me (Love Me, #3)
  • Hard Body Rock (Body Rock, #1)
  • Blue Shoes, Vol. 2 (Blue Shoes, #2)
MICHELLE MANKIN is the New York Times bestselling author of the Black Cat Records series of novels.
Rock Stars & Romance. Love & Lyrical Ever Afters.
Love Evolution, Love Revolution, and Love Resolution are a BRUTAL STRENGTH centered trilogy, combining the plot underpinnings of Shakespeare with the drama, excitement, and indisputable sexiness of the rock 'n roll industry.
Things take a bit o

Tempest (6 books)
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Enticing Interlude (Tempest, #2; Black Cat Records, #5)
  • Relentless Rhythm (Tempest, #4; Black Cat Records, #7)
  • Tempting Tempo (Tempest, #5; Black Cat Records, #8)
  • Scandalous Beat (Tempest, #6; Black Cat Records, #9)
“Guess it didn't go so well, huh?"

"What was your first clue?" I turned my head slightly, then went back to staring blankly out at the city street below.

"Did your really expect it to? I mean the two of you together make no sense at all. It's like putting the Easter Bunny together with a crocodile. At first everyone's all nervous and shit like 'Oh, how cute. Look how they're getting along.' And then of course the predicable happens, the rabbit's a reptile snack and all the kids are cryin' 'cause Easter ain't comin' next year.”
0 likes