Start by marking “Breathe Again: A Love Story” as Want to Read:
Breathe Again: A Love Story

Breathe Again: A Love Story

Mellie Rose Devlin never intended to move to Los Angeles. She never intended to work as a pastry chef at her cousin's cafe, and she most definitely did not intend to fall in love with a movie star.

Jackson Traver wasn't paying attention one day, and that was all it took for sweet Mellie Rose to come crashing into his life. This is their story.

***Note that there is explicit
Kindle Edition
Published February 27th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Breathe Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathe Again

Kristin
Mar 01, 2014 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An absolute page turner from start to end. Joelle's expressive, descriptive writing puts you right in the scene of the story and makes you wanting more! It's intoxicatingly good with bits of naughtiness that makes you not able to put the book down. To put it simply, I read this book in one day. It's that good!
Krystal
Mar 15, 2014 Krystal rated it really liked it
Loved that one of my favorite bloggers wrote a book! It's a sweet story that keeps you turning pages. The characters were interesting, and the overall love story was thoughtful. Nice read!
Cyndi Hackett
Nice love story about a normal girl that meets a movie star. How all the drama, love, and excitement. Great read!
Sonja
May 26, 2014 Sonja rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a really hard book for me to rate. The story itself deserves 3.5 stars at the very least, but oh my god, this was maybe the worst editing I've ever seen in anything published. I'll get to that, though.

First, the story: Mellie's had her life in Kansas planned out for her, but when her fiancé cheats on her, she moves to LA and starts working as a baker in her cousin's coffee shop. While there, she delivers a cake to a Hollywood birthday party and Jackson, Hollywood star extraordinaire, d
Heather andrews
Apr 04, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
I loved Jackson, "I can't let him eat a cake from the grocery store," he said, his voice a little huskier than before. "Not when that," he motioned down the length of me, "looks so good," he said, his eyes roaming the length of me." Jackson that boy has no qualms about being naked anywhere, "by the time I finally did wake up, Jackson was already out of bed. When I opened my eyes, I could see him brushing his teeth in the bathroom. Naked. Hell. Yes. He caught me looking at him and I threw the bla ...more
Alicia
Mar 07, 2014 Alicia rated it liked it
Shelves: free-on-kindle
Mellie Rose Devlin is getting by in life. She left a crappy family/relationship and moved to California to work at her cousin's small cafe as a baker. Her delicious treats made her noticed by some celebrities and she was delivering a birthday cake when she bumped into Jackson Traver. Literally, they bumped into each other and she dropped the cake! As the relationship progresses and Mellie has to deal with the celebrity lifestyle can their relationship endure?

I really enjoyed the characters in th
Melody L Test
Jun 02, 2016 Melody L Test rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this i. Nice story. Wish it would have gone on a little longer. Would have like to have seen more into what would have happened. Also would have liked to find out what happened to Collin in the end. But overall great story. Hope there is a part two to Jackson and Mellie. Also want to hear the story behind Lucy and Stephen.

Stephanie
This is more of a 2.5 star rating. Breathe Again had the potential to be a great story, but it was too vague and needed some enhancements.

Melanie aka Mellie is your average girl next door who has a chance encounter with famous and sexy actor Jackson Traver. From that point on he pursues her and a relationship evolves. The plot itself was cute and interesting. The characters however, largely under developed. Not too much info was given on the 'whys' of things so it felt as though the author was
Kaitlyn Nystul
Jan 02, 2015 Kaitlyn Nystul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! Once I got into the story I could hardly put it down. I'm so impressed that this is the author's first novel because the writing was so good. The characters were very likable and I was drawn in by their love story. I'm also major pop-culture junkie so it was fun to read a love story between a regular woman and a movie star. It's the perfect story to curl up on the couch with or to read by the pool. It's a nice quick read that I would definitely recommend to any of m ...more
Lisa
Mar 02, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Free on Kindle right now. Cute, fun, snowy Sunday read.

There are some places where the narrative and timeline get a bit confusing. Several copy-editing misses, too, including a number of places that probably didn't get updated when the story changed POV/tense. Nothing too egregious that they pulled me out of the story, though.
Brittany
Apr 22, 2014 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I was so sucked into it and felt like I was living in the main characters life. I found myself feeling what she was feeling, and I couldn't get enough of this book! I really related to the characters, loved the romance, and the story was original. FIVE STARS!
Linda Wimer
Mar 04, 2014 Linda Wimer rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book!! Joelle Duff has really written a amazing story!!! I highly recommend this book. It was great to find a story that you can root for both characters. Would love to read more from these characters.
Angel **Book Junkie**
Solid 4 star read.
The characters were interesting.
The story was fast paced and actually a brilliant read.
I loved the ending.
The only reason I did not give this five stars is because it needed some serious editing.
Well Done!
Luv_a_good_story
Dec 14, 2014 Luv_a_good_story rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, I liked it all the way through. Then at the end, the ending seemed hurried and I wasn't clear why it ended at that point as I didn't think the story was resolved.
Missy  Beinindy
Mar 28, 2014 Missy Beinindy rated it it was amazing
it was a great read read and a beautiful love story!!!!!
Wendy
Dec 22, 2014 Wendy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Debated on whether to give this a two or a three star...the premise for the story is good, just the editing is horrendous and it doesn't flow all that smoothly.
John&Barbara
May 10, 2016 John&Barbara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Airy

No depth and so very predictable. A lengthy review would be much to difficult to execute given the lack of dimension.
Dena
Dec 04, 2014 Dena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was a romance love affair, but with a twist. It was a person finding who they are through love. Overall a great story to read. This a solid 4 star book, loved Jackson, he's my hero
Nicole Benitez
Apr 03, 2014 Nicole Benitez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-ebooks
This was a very well written book with interesting characters.
DE ANN ALLEN
Sweet story about dreams coming true

Charming has written a story about finding true love and having your dreams come true. This book was well written.
Lynda Dally
May 08, 2016 Lynda Dally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read

It made you feel good that someone grew. The pastries made you want to go out to buy some to eat.
Mar
Mar rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Mjk
Mjk rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Janet Fairlamb
Janet Fairlamb rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Keri
Keri rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2014
Jennifer Wilner
Jennifer Wilner rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Kimberly Taylor
Kimberly Taylor rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
S
S rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2016
Nabiya Macpherson
Nabiya Macpherson rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2016
Imini
Imini rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Winter's Heart
  • The Breakup
  • Set Me Free (The Evans Trilogy, #1)
  • Ache (Punk, #1)
  • Always (Bold as Love, #4)
  • Strings Attached
  • Student Bodyguard for Hire
  • What You Leave Behind
  • Ditched (A Harmony Bay Novel, #1)
  • Dare To Fall
  • Captivated by You (Superstars in Love, #1)
  • Touch of Love (Forever and Always, #0.5)
  • Come Undone (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Tiny Dancer
  • Starks' Reality
  • Playing for Keeps (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Holding On To Us (Holding On #2)
  • Perfect Match (Inseparable, #2)
I blog, plan weddings, and write love stories. I'm also obsessed with Taylor Swift, love the color pink, and like to wear bows in my hair.
More about Joelle Charming...