Start by marking “Vanquish (Deliver, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vanquish (Deliver, #2)

Vanquish

(Deliver #2)

Her life is like a prison cell.
A self-made, to-hell-with-the-free-world existence that locks from the inside.
Stop judging. Her agoraphobia doesn’t define her. It simply keeps her safe.

He belongs in a prison cell.
The 6x8, make-me-your-bitch variety that locks from the outside.
But he’s free. To hunt. To take. To break.
And he just found a sexy new toy.

Capturing her is the eas
Published August 25th 2014 (first published August 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Vanquish, please sign up.
Asteropê Can you please delete your question? You answered it and the question itself contains an untagged spoiler for book 1. For those who haven't read book …moreCan you please delete your question? You answered it and the question itself contains an untagged spoiler for book 1. For those who haven't read book 1 - your question has spoilers! The questions feature has an option to "mark entire question as spoiler," but you must have missed that and so the whole thing is visible. ;-)(less)

Start your review of Vanquish (Deliver, #2)
Kristen
4 to 4 1/2–Whacked Out–Stars

description

I love this author! Vanquish is another fabulous read by Pam Godwin.

I'm surprised at how much I loved this book...and Van. Holy cow! I can't believe I became a Van fan. I've been putting off reading his story because, frankly, the guy creeped me out BIG TIME in the first book, Deliver. I wasn't sure I wanted to be in his head or experience his brand of WHACKED OUT crazy. After all, he was somewhat the villain in the first story. Not to mention, his collection of dol
Christy
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo 2bb26e88-982c-43fe-81f6-015395193bb6_zpsc6a174b9.jpg

First things first, this was brilliant! I have been a ‘Van fan’ from the beginning and his book didn’t disappoint! Before I start my review, I know a lot of people are going to wonder if you can read Vanquish as a stand alone. The answer is yes. The author puts it in the best way- Vanquish is a stand-alone, BUT if you intend to read the first book, Deliver, DO NOT read Vanquish first. There are numerous references in this book that will spoil the surprises in Deliver. If you don’t pl
Pam
5 union of lonely souls stars

Amber hasn’t taken two steps outside her home in over two years, officially drowning herself in her own brand of crazy. Imprisoning herself with self-deprecating thoughts, completely immobilized by her fear of her imagination. Her only saving grace is the rigid-control she enforces over her life with her unyielding-routine. No conversation. No deviation. No questions. This all changes the moment she becomes the obsessive fascination of a mad man; after all like recog
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

He was a cold-hearted fuck with an appetite for blood, come, and tears. And he had the perfect girl to feed it.

Can you take a cold, sadistic, and practically nonredeemable hero and not only feel for him but completely fall for him by the end of the book?

Can you take a heroine that's so fucked up and insecure but make her come across as fierce and give her an inner core of strength that manages to shine through even during her darkest hours?

Can you take a relationshi
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Live on AMAZON

************************

4 stars!!

description

Pam Godwin has a knack for writing unconventional, unique romance stories and Vanquish is a terrific example. Just FYI, if you plan on reading book 1 Deliver do not read this one yet – it contains plot spoilers. Anyways, I’m a huge fan of the broody, dark, and tortured anti heroes. In book 1, the only character I can say that I fully loved was Van. Liv was pretty kickass but too aloof. Josh was endearing but too sweet. But Van…now that’s a guy who’s
Debra
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

★★★★☆ 4.5 Stars! *Full review now posted*

Vanquish by Pam Godwin was once again an absolute success by this author. When I first met Van, the book's male lead, in book one of this series, Deliver, I was both intrigued and appalled by him. He was an interesting character that I couldn't wait to find out more about, that's for sure. And even though Vanquish can be read as a standalone, I would highly recommend reading Deliver first, because this book contains quite a lot of spoilers for book one, s
✰ Liz ✰
4.5 Break my heart and put it back together STARS!

description

“Eliminating the toxicity in your life is not a failure. It's curative and courageous and never, ever easy.”

Vanquish is the second book in the Deliver Series. Pam Godwin left me breathless after reading the first book in the series Deliver. Deliver is the heart wrenching story of Liv and Josh and (the one man who was left out of the HEA equation) VAN! Vanquish is what happens after Deliver. It is a story of transformation, growth, pain, and HOP
Amy | Foxy Blogs
MY INTERVIEW WITH VAN plus a giveaway -> http://bit.ly/1wjLim3

Brilliant! I was hooked from the first page until the last page.

I first met Van in ”Deliver” and he seemed so detached and menacing that I held him at distance. I was unsure if I could soften to him or not. When Ms. Godwin announced that there would be a Van book I knew I had to read it. I needed to know what made Van so disconnected and yet so frightening.

Van happened upon Amber on one of his nightly stalking adventures of Liv (f
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
5 F%&ked Up Squared Stars

Wow, Pam Godwin, you straight brought it with this one.

I loved Van in the first one (I actually connected more to him than Josh), but I wasn't sure how he could be redeemed or if could even be done. But dA-amn girl, this was awesome!

Full review later.
Jasmine
***BR with the superbly awesome Penelope!***

4.5 DARK & CRUDE STARS! ★★★★☆

“I'm the heir of torment, Amber. I'm the slippery footprints in your carpet. The creaking floor that steals air from your lungs. The hand that holds the gun. I'm the inescapable curse that caught you when you opened your door.”

After reading Deliver, I just couldn't wait to jump into Van’s story. I just know this was right up my alley because I love me some messed-up alpha male heroes! He was a complete enigma in the fir
Pam Godwin
Mar 01, 2014 marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Start reading for FREE:
Deliver - pamgodwin.com/book/deliver/
(Each book is a different couple. No cliffhangers.)

VANQUISH
Audible: adbl.co/2X8g4Cq
Signed Paperback: pamgodwin.com/product/vanquish

Image: description

Jennifer Kyle
”He should leave the poor girl to deal with her demons, but instinct demanded he take control of this… of her.”

[image error]

Pam Godwin this was one hell of a book two! Although, you do not have to read book one of this series to jump into this story. Van Quiso is a dark character and in book one I feared him and his doll collection as well as his twisted feelings for Liv BUT he won me over instantly in this book. He was intelligent, dangerous, funny and all he wants is to establish contact
Brandi
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5 Stars

description

This book surprised me. I was expecting dark. Super dark. I mean, in Deliver, Van scared the hell out of me. He was intriguing but equally terrifying. In Vanquish, I got to see a whole new side. Van is pretty freaking adorable. He's funny and sweet, when he isn't tying people up and whipping them, that is. He wants to be a better person, to be a part of his daughters life.

"I'll convince her I can be a good father, that I'm not a threat."

Amber is an ex beauty queen with some prett
Candace
'Vanquish' tells Van's story, picking up after Liv and Joshua have started their new lives together in Austin, and explaining his haunted past. I really enjoyed watching Van evolve as he struggled with his demons and tried to make himself a better man, worthy of his daughter's love. In the process, he crosses paths with Amber, a beautiful woman struggling with her own insecurities and compulsions. As their relationship grows more intimate, they help to heal one another in some very unconventiona ...more
CC
5 Stars!!!!

After finishing Deliver, there was no doubt about continuing to Vanquish! I had to read more about Van Quiso to discover what makes this man tick. Vanquish is one amazing read and I’ll try to write my review without any major spoilers.

Vanquish opens about a year after Deliver ends. Liv and Josh are pursuing their lives together while Van is left to move on with his life alone. While succumbing to his old stalking habits, Van accidentally comes upon Amber – a woman who suffers from de
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Before I begin my review, I just wanted to take a minute to reiterate the author's note to those who have not read Deliver (#1): VANQUISH is a stand-alone, BUT if you intend to read Book #1, DELIVER, DO NOT read VANQUISH first. There are numerous references in this book that will spoil the surprises in DELIVER. So before reading this review or this book, please keep this note in mind =)

*~*~*~*~*

So I was one of those readers who chose to skip the first book and dive directly into Vanquish. This w
Aleatha Romig
I'm not sure what took me so long to read Pam Godwin...but boy am I glad I did!!

This is a dark, erotic thriller/romance. If you're ok with dark...then you NEED to read VANQUISH!!!

Highly recommend!
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Vanquish (Deliver #2)
Author – Pam Godwin
Publication Date – August 25, 2014
Type – Part of Series but can be read as a Stand-Alone
Genre – Romance/Dark
Rating – 5 out of 5 Stars

Review
If you remember correctly…when my angels and I read Deliver – I was the only one who loved Liv.  Even though my love for Liv’s character was extreme, nothing compared to the feelings I had for Van.  In the beginning, Van was hated…I mean I despised the man and the smug attitude he had.  It wasn’t until I got his
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
*** BR with the spectacularly amazing Jasmine! ***

FOUR AND A HALF STARS! FOUR AND A HALF STARS! FOUR AND A HALF STARS! FOUR AND A HALF STARS!

Vanquish is the story of how two tormented souls, an ex-slave trafficker and an agoraphobe, who in their utter brokenness, hope to vanquish their own demons so as to bring healing to the other.
_____✘_____
People who know me can readily attest to the very sad and very puny stomach that I possess, a fact that is not only embarrassing but also dic
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 You're Mine Stars!
(BR with Sharon, Jennifer & Brandi)

photo 8078a349-6beb-43c8-883b-145afa21f6b8.jpg

photo 3961befe-0e97-4f09-9258-c6adaabc67ef.jpg

Van Quiso is a 33 yr. old broken, lonely man living in a remote cabin in Austin,Texas. He had a hard childhood, and never experienced genuine love or affection. He has lived a life void of morals doing despicable things as a slave deliverer. He seems to lack a conscience, and has been dead inside for years until he fell in love with a slave named Liv Reed who never returned his affections.

photo 291aaf3f-7997-4def-ab07-5ea5ce39347e.jpg

After being shot, Van's life completely
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
4-4.5 STARS

description

Vanquish is the second book in Pam Godwin’s Deliver series. You can read it as a standalone if you don’t plan reading Deliver, the first book in the series.

“He was a kidnapper, a rapist, and she ached to be repulsed by him, just to prove she was sane, but she couldn't. And she wasn't. His scarred beauty radiated seduction and danger, a deadly combination.”

Van is not a good guy. An anti-hero, he was the villain in Deliver. He did a lot a bad things and he’s a really fucked
Beverly
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How messed up that I fell in love with Van, but for real!! I love him!!
Amber Rose
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

photo 5stars_zps231abbf8.png

Gray like his eyes, the perfect blend of light and dark.

This book takes place after Deliver. But you do not need to read Deliver to read Vanquish. It is a standalone but honestly I would definitely read Deliver anyway just because it is such a good book even though this can be read as a standalone as well.

photo Vanquish_zpsf1bcc074.jpg

My Favorite book yet my the lovely Oyster Pam Godwin. I don’t know how she does it. After each book I read by her I tell myself, yep this one is my favorite.

She’s brilliant
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Ever since reading Deliver, I've been dying to know Van's story...and what a story it is. He's the ultimate bad boy...and ultimate scary man but there's a tenderness under the surface that's just dying to come out.

Van was nothing like I thought he would be. He's been "hunkafied" in this book...well, maybe he even was in the first book but I just never made that connection. However, I had no problem with it in this book. Van is hot and all the girls want him!

description

My heart went out to Amber...I can s
Anna
Kelli C
4.5 Insane...so wrong, yet so right stars!

Pam Godwin...

Girl, what is in your head? LOL You have all kinds of crazy going on up in this book. Completely unconventional, odd, disturbing, yet completely satisfying! Maybe it's me that needs some help, lol!

Let's start with VAN QUISO, hmmmmmm...I just like saying that name! I mean at no time would I ever want to meet him in a dark ally, but if he did happen to kidnap me, I don't think I would complain!

I do not know where to start with this man. Hot, Y
Denisa
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: interesting, cute, romance
It's... something else.

I have no idea how to rate this one. I can't really forgive the male MC for what he's done and can't help but feel like he deserves everything he's getting. True, I haven't read the previous book, but it's weird to like the "bad guy".

I can't say I liked the heroine either, but I did like her a lot more than him. She's definitely a strong character though.

If you decide to read this one, prepair for something different than what you're used to. Different bad or good, well, t
Mamacita Slacum
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Yep, this book was so good I read the entire book today! I literally could not put it down. There are so many hilarious quotes that will now become part of my little southern sayin's! ("gently with a 2x4") ("It used to be a tree trunk. I'm so badass I chewed it down to a toothpick.") ("at least I'm not constipated") But I think my favorite part of the book is when you find that character that is so unlovable totally redeem themselves and they become absolutely irresistible!
Sophie's Reading Corner
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Vanquish

5 capturing stars

After reading 'Deliver', I have to admit that I was really anxious and curious to know more about Van, a character that I surprisingly liked since the first book. Yeah, I definitely have a thing for bad boys, fucked up alpha males.

This story comes after Deliver, but I can assume that someone can read it as a stand alone. Personally, I think it's wiser to read firstly Deliver. It makes things and facts more understanding. It also solved a couple of things that made
Allyson
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhh goodness anyone that reads my reviews knows that I love a good dark messed up read. This is one of those, in the first book I didn't really like Van but in this book he shows he can love. It may be a messed up how he came about this love but damn I'm so happy for him. Amber was a strong messed up person but I loved her. She was just what Van needed as much as Van was just what she needed. All together a dark, messed up, wonderful book !!!! I was given this book as an ARC!!!! YAY ME!!!! Tha ...more
Turning Pages At ...: Vanquish (Deliver #2) by Pam Godwin (Dark/Taboo BR) 56 12 May 27, 2019 07:53PM
{BR} Jasmine & Penelope ~ 06/09/2014 33 27 Sep 08, 2014 01:45AM

• Fourth a Lie (Goddess Isles, #4)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Cruel Idols
  • Shattered by You (Tear Asunder, #3)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • Fifth a Fury (Goddess Isles, #5)
  • Sully's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.1)
  • Vibe
  • The Game Maker
  • Mansions
  • Forbidden (Forbidden, #1)
  • Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Beauty in the Broken
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • He Hates Me Not (Hate & Love Duet, #2)
New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their two children, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.

Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and migh

Deliver (9 books)
  • Deliver (Deliver, #1)
  • Disclaim (Deliver, #3)
  • Devastate (Deliver, #4)
  • Take (Deliver, #5)
  • Manipulate (Deliver #6)
  • Unshackle (Deliver #7)
  • Dominate (Deliver #8)
  • Complicate (Deliver #9)

News & Interviews

“You don't really know someone until you see them in the dark.” 11 likes
“Love and hate are closely related expressions of the same intensity. Both require passion, and neither follows logic.” 8 likes