Start by marking “Bible: The Gospel of St. Matthew” as Want to Read:
Bible: The Gospel of St. Matthew

Bible: The Gospel of St. Matthew

(Bible #40)

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

The style of the first Gospel is exactly what would be expected of a man who was once a tax collector. Matthew has a keen interest in accounting (18:23-24; 25:14-15). The book is very orderly and concise. Rather than write in
Kindle Edition
Published February 3rd 2014 by Enhanced Ebooks (first published 80)

Alexander
Four stars for...ZOMBIE SAINTS!!!

And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. (27: 52-53)

Jesus + Zombie
Jules
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-challenge
After not picking up the Bible in many months, I'm pleased to say I've finally started the New Testament. Already, I'm enjoying the New Testament much more than the Old Testament. So far, it reflects my view on life and how we should behave towards others more closely.

I really enjoyed reading the Gospel of Matthew. This covers all sorts about Jesus' life - his birth, being tempted by Satan, feeding the starving, healing the sick, being killed, coming back from the dead. It also discusses things
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Matthew's account of my Lord and Savior, Jesus. From birth, his ministry, healing the sick and freeing all that were oppressed of the enemy, crucifixion/death, burial and resurrection. Bless the name of Jesus!
Victoria Goodbrand
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I love the book of Matthew. It was so interesting to see the differences from John. :)
Fables&Wren
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WrensReads Review:

Sidenote: The reason for such vague and short and "eh" words on each of these books, is because I wasn't challenging the study of the Bible when I read these. I was challenging myself to read the whole Bible in a year because I knew it would be discipline to keep at it daily. I do, however, plan to pick up a book and study what it is saying. Those will be longer reads and more notes.

So here is my review from my "Read the Bible in a Year" challenge. Usually just snippets of thou
Shantelle
The first of the gospels, Matthew tells a powerful story. Very interesting. It's kind of fun to see the small differences between Matthew and Luke, which I recently read too. Same story, but each individual notices different details, I guess. :)
Jeff Whistler
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was Lev Tolstoy's interpretations of Jesus's teachings correct? I have no idea. I feel more confused now. On to The Gospel of Marky Mark!
Chloé W.
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
Micaiah
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I am with you always, even until the end of the age." ❤
Charlene
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

I always enjoy re-reading the book Matthew. I love the parables the most in this book and also love reading about the birth and the young years of Jesus :).

Ashley
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
I learned so much reading this for the second time.
Marla Stanton
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the gospels in chronological order, tying the four accounts together.

I read the NIV.
Claire
First Bible book officially finished as part of my summer pilgrimage attempt at reading all the Important Parts of the Bible.

I've been simultaneously working through all the Big Ones like Genesis, Proverbs, Exodus, the Four Gospels, etc., but this was the first book I could really just sit down and read through. The New Testament is wildly easier to read than the Old, I think in part because of Jesus, and in part because the narrative quality is now more or less first person, taking on a more m
Marco Pontual
and to think that I had never read the Bible after becoming an adult...

Matthew is a great little book about this super socialist guy named Jesus and the amount of trouble he got himself into for telling the Jewish priests and scribes of his day that they had their priorities all wrong and were leading people to the wrong path.
Along the narrative Jesus casts some rad healing spells and has frequent conversations with no one less than God himself, not to mention a showdown with - you guessed it -
Royce Ratterman
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this work of immense interest and importance.
The compilation of historical accounts, wisdom & proverbial insights, and thought provoking texts, along with descriptive and informative footnotes, are of great value.
Explanations, including varying scholarly views depicting the material related in this book, are available for each of the 66 individual books of the Bible.
This book is but one of the individual 66 books/letters which were written by forty different authors over at least 150
E7boehm
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jesus is a harsher judge in this book than we want him to be. He is sorting those who will progress and those who will not. His judgements are harsh and black and white. He also helps the sick , spiritually and physically.

A rich text and one that has a lot of ideas on merit, and how to be great without braggadocio, it focuses also on the good bearing more good and weakness bearing more weakness. He sees wealth in expericencce and action rather than wealth and miserliness. He sees excess wealth
Lisa Blair
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dale McConachie does a wonderful job narrating the Gospel of Matthew. I appreciate listening to the Bible while driving, cooking, cleaning, exercising, resting, etc.

The New American Standard Bible is one of the most accurate translations of the Scriptures. The Gospel of Matthew is awesome as one can listen to the words of Jesus. This audiobook really brings the words of God to life! I highly recommend it!
გოგა
23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who
kill the prophets and stone those who are sent to
you! How often I have longed to gather your
children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would have none of it!
23:38 Look, your house is left to you desolate!
23:39 For I tell you, you will not see me from now
until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in
the name of the Lord!’”

Gordo
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it.

I like this translation even though it reads like "old english." I have read the gospels many times before but noticed something in this read that I had never seen before. Interesting.
Courtney
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The reading of God's Word is so remarkable that there is nothing that I can say to make it any better. Please, if you are a lost soul, turn to God! He can heal you and give you the greatest peace that you will ever know!
Mandy
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Interesting to remind myself of the new testament after so many years.
Kevin Alexander VanDriel
Whitney
So amazing So beautiful. So perfect. This brought me to tears. I love Jesus <3
Chere' Brady
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read
Tina Kyeremateng
MY SUMMARY

The author of Matthew was a tax-collector, a sinner. Jesus met him, called him and changed his life around.

Nobody is beyond redemption.

Mike maslana
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I just want the whole bible from gen to rev..i wonder how to go about this if it is already done..
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Matthew's Account of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, birth, ministry, crucifixion, burial, resurrection and accent into heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father in greater power and majesty. "This is a record of the ancestors of Jesus the Messiah, a descendant of David* and of Abraham:"

WORDS FROM MATTHEW:
As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed him.

From th
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a record of Jesus the Messiah, a descendant of David and of Abraham:
Matthew 4:17 - 17 From then on Jesus began to preach, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”

Matthew 21:42–43 - Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures? ‘The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord’s doing,and it is wonderful to see.’ I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that
adrian j mcclure
Very powerful

I like the book of Matthew because it's the life of Jesus and how he tried to get the people to believe in God and the power that he has and lets not forget all the me-re-calls he performed and the 3 days in the temple and the lady's went to the temple and the body was not there.
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The birth, ministry, death, burial and resurrection of my Lord and Savior Jesus, the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God as told by Matthew.

Bless the name of Jesus!
Goodreads Librari...: Please remove this edition due to error 2 221 Jan 14, 2019 02:28PM

• The Kingdom New Testament: A Contemporary Translation
  • The Five Jars
  • What the Gospels Meant
  • The Adventure of the Three Gables
  • The Pathwork of Self-Transformation
  • The C.I.A. Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists
  • Wisdom of Near Death Experiences: How Understanding NDEs Can Help Us Live More Fully
  • Psychopath Free: Recovering from Emotionally Abusive Relationships With Narcissists, Sociopaths, & Other Toxic People
  • The Empathy Trap: Understanding Antisocial Personalities
  • Reality Transurfing Steps I-V
  • Midshipman Bolitho and the Avenger (Richard Bolitho, #2)
  • The Kindly Ones (A Dance to the Music of Time, #6)
  • Combatting Cult Mind Control: The #1 Best-selling Guide to Protection, Rescue, and Recovery from Destructive Cults
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

Bible (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • Genesis (Bible, #1)
  • Judges (Bible #7), ESV
  • Ruth (Bible #8), ESV
  • The Bible, King James Version, Book 9: 1 Samuel
  • 2 Samuel (Bible #10), ESV
“I believe in happy endings,” I tell him. “And it feels like this movie has gone on for
the right amount of time.”
“Movie?” Dr. Patel says, and I think he would look exactly like Gandhi if he had those
wire-rim glasses and a shaved head, which is weird, especially since we are in leather
recliners in such a bright, happy room and well, Gandhi is dead, right?
“Yeah,” I say. “Haven’t you ever noticed that life is like a series of movies?”
3 likes
“Blessed are the peacemakers:
for they shall be called the children of God.”
1 likes