Start by marking “He's Come Undone” as Want to Read:
He's Come Undone

He's Come Undone

(City of Lakes #2)

Penniless and behind on rent, college student and once famous child actress Ellie Barlow takes on the role of a lifetime when she's hired by a group of young women to break the heart of the campus player who cruelly dumped them.

Transformed from slob slacker to jaw-dropping beauty, Ellie is dressed, styled, bleached and waxed, her chunky glasses exchanged for violet contac
Published February 27th 2014 by Belfry Press (first published February 25th 2014)

Start your review of He's Come Undone
Aly (In Wonderland)
Jul 20, 2014 added it
Recommends it for: NA fans that can overlook stupidity at its best
Recommended to Aly by: NetGalley
Shelves: new-adult, netgalley, arc

**ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Oh, my God. So fast.
It had happened so fast.
I'd fallen for him.
Like all those other girls.

With that fascinating quote, I welcome you to the 25% mark of He's Come Undone by Theresa Weir.

Excuse me while I do the following:

Laugh uncontrollably

Stare in horror

And piss myself laughing some more

As someone who writes sporadically, I can assure you that writing something off the top of your head, without it making any sense, and coming across
• Lisa •
3.5 MESSY LOVE STARS.

"Love can mess you up and make you go crazy, but it can also fix you."

I would definitely read books by this author again ... Likeable but not five star loveable.
seton
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: na-ya, revenge
Genre: NA romance novella
Sensuality: PG-13
Is this standalone? Yes

An actress is hired to break a college playa's heart but the playa actually has some serious issues.

The writing has the reassuring assurance and polish of a veteran, old-fashioned romance writer, which is a refreshing change from all the fanfic and first-time writers that proliferate the NA genre. However, this read more like a barely filled outline than a fully developed story. While I liked it, I was left unsatisfied with the way
Mandy
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
I loved this book! From the description, I thought this book sounded a lot like the movie John Tucker Must Die. Although it did have a similar premise, there was so much more to this book than I originally thought. Julian was such a complex character and I loved him. I was really interested in his back-story and why he was the way he was with women. I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to reading more by this author.

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
Crista
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 stars!
He’s Come Undone, written by the incomparable Theresa Weir is a perfect example of this author’s rare talent. Ms. Weir has the ability to spin a tale that has both heart and substance, and she manages to do it in the span of a little over 200 pages.

I loved the premise of this book prior to reading it, and it did not disappoint. Julian has a reputation as a “love’em and leave’em” type of guy. He has made it a habit to engage exclusively in one-night
Lindz.
This story was another one that drove angst to a whole other level. I'm not sure I would have liked this one as much as I did if I wasn't already on a roll with the whole needing more and more New Adult drama. I swear these authors think up the worst possibly situation and think "What is the worst way these people can handle it." And they write a book.

I didn't mind so much with this one because I really honestly liked both the main characters. The story telling was strong and drove the plot for
V.J. Chambers
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I’ve been meaning to pick up some Theresa Weir for a while now. I eyed her previous NA Come as You Are, but then, given my relative ehh-ness over contemporary NA in general, I kept putting it off. Anyway, when I saw this book, He’s Come Undone, on a $.99 introductory price, and I clicked over and read the blurb.

SOLD.

First off, the premise reads like a romantic comedy. Other people keep comparing it to John Tucker Must Die but I think these pretending-to-be-someone-you’re-not stories have d
Sera
*ARC kindly provided by Belfire Press/Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

"So what's the job? An ad? Something for school?" All three girls lean forward. All three girls looked over their shoulder, back at me, then whispered: "We want you to break someone's heart."

Thats how Ellie get's roped into this and how the story really begins. She's not had an easy life and is need of serious money when she decides to take te job. It reminded me a lot of John Tucker must die for the first few c
Michelle Pickett
I’m really not sure what I expected when I started reading “He’s Come Undone.” I can honestly say it wasn’t what I got. I suppose I expected another take on the movie “John Tucker Must Die.” Which, I’ll admit, I watched the movie and, yes, I liked it. Okay, there. You know my dirty little secret. (ha-ha. Get it? That song was on the movie’s soundtrack. Off topic. Sorry.). Well, “He’s Come Undone” was so, so much more than another “John Tucker Must Die.”

It’s a short read. I read it in one day. Ei
Bec
He's Come Undone by Theresa Weir

Book Summary
Published by - Belfry Press
Release date - 1st March 2014
Pages - 149
My Rating - 1 Star DNF at Page 22

Review
I struggled with this one. After reading so many great reviews and even the blurb, I was excited to read it, but when I started in...I just didn't see it.
Ellie just annoyed me. The constant repetitiveness of her being a former child star, it was her mantra, and by page six I was already over it. The meeting with 'The girls' was just painful and the style of writing was rea
Karina Ramirez
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc
3.5 Stars

This was definitely a John Tucker Must Die book, which hey i loved the movie (minus the ending) but I loved this ending!

Ex-child star Ellie is broke. Seriously broke. After placing an add for an acting job, any acting job, she finally gets a call to play a roll. What she doesn't expect is for her role to be to seduce and break the heart of notorious womanizer Julian.

After getting a full makeover she's sent on her way $500 richer. Ready to charm her way into his pants she's disappoint
Maria Franco
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was a super cute book! It was a short-sweet read and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

The book was about two very flawed people coming together and becoming better together. I loved the depth that these characters had. Ellie and Julian had both withstood so much pain and grief and the author really made me sympathize with them. I also loved how smart and educated they were. They didn't just dive right into the sex but had ACTUAL conversations about books and movies, what a shock
Melanie
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgallery
I had slight mixed feelings about He's Come Undone by Theresa Weir. I enjoyed the book but also felt it was written more like a screen play at times too. I often wondered if this was the authors intention as the book is about Ellie (Evangaline) a childhood actress who had hit rock bottom.

The story at times was completely unbelievable and yet really enjoyable. You could relate to it quite easily. I think we've all known a guy who got what he wanted from a girl and then moved on. So the story of a
Lorna
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I saw this book on Net Galley and as soon as I saw it was by Theresa Weir, I knew it was a must read for me. I read her under this name and under the name Anne Frasier. Her book, Cool Shade, was one of my favorite romance reads of the year, when I read it a couple of years ago. Cool Shade won the Rita award for romantic suspense, so you know this author definitely is a good romance writer!

Ellie is a former child star who due to circumstances out of her control, is on the edge of becoming homeles
RedRedtheycallmeRed
This was a quick read that I devoured in a couple of hours. I loved it! I've said it before, but I love the way Theresa Weir writes, whether it's romance or thrillers (as Anne Frasier). She has a real talent for writing New Adult, I liked Come As You Are, but this one is even better in my opinion.

Ellie is a former child actress, broke and behind on her rent. She's hired by come college "mean girls" to break the heart of Julian, a guy who slept with them and never called again. It's fortunate tha
Mitchii
This kind of revenge plot when they turned this nerdy girl into beautiful bombshell and break the heart of the heartbreaker sounds cliché and supposedly—funny (similar to John Tucker Must Die). Well in my case it should be like that. And that is why I’m so surprised that it took a different approach of this tried and tested plot into something more dramatic and angsty. Gonna give it props though for going into a different direction but somehow it didn’t work for me. I would have liked it if it w ...more
Kristi
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic. There are so many good parts, I cant pick just one. I read alot of books and this is the first book I have read that has this kind of plot. It was funny, sweet, angry and just really, really good. It had so many emotions. It even touched on sensitive topics.
The characters were so good. They meshed well together. I love romance books where you can laugh and cry at the same time. Just hoping for a happy ending between 2 people.
This was a very fast paced story. I love how
Alice Choo
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am a real sucker for love stories, but....
This book did not really do it for me.

When I read the synopsis, I was expecting more. It had so much potential. However, it was poorly executed.
**Pssst.. while reading the 3rd quarter of this book, I had already forgotten the 1st half of it even though I read it all in a day or two.
Sarah Darlington
6 stars!!!
I absolutely adored this novel!!!! Perfection! I guess when it comes to New Adult I have a particular taste! You can check out my other 'new adult favorites' to get an idea of the specifics I like. But this fit the NA category perfectly for me.

But anyway--LOVED THIS!!! Thank you BookBub for the recommendation!!!! I don't have one complaint.
Amber
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blew me away. Fantastic book.
Mayra M
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
nice read but waaaaay too short!!
Katherine
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
thanks netgalley for arc
I did enjoy the book. More on my review tomorrow.
Christina

I have not read the first book in this series, however I don’t think there is anything lost not reading them in order.

I had a very difficult time connecting with the story or any of the characters. Perhaps it is because of the author’s writing style, or perhaps they just weren’t likable, I just know that this doesn’t rate anywhere on my list of favorite books.

Some examples:

“It can be voluntary or involuntary,” he explained. “I would advise voluntary because voluntary involves more privileges a
NomdePlumePress
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in the middle of the night and thought up parts of my review while I was trying to fall asleep and have now completely forgotten all the brilliant insights I had then. As per the usual. But in the light of day I will try to do this book justice.

Ellie is a former child star who is living in Minneapolis. As if that weren’t bad enough (*snort* -- hey, I grew up north of Minneapolis, so I know from bad enough), she’s broke and jobless. So she puts an ad on Craigslist and gets an
ysar
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-copy
centralpickshijackedbyysar

Washed up former child actress Ellie Barlow needs a gig — any gig — to make ends meet. So when a group of college girls want to hire her to break a guy’s heart, she gets past her skepticism and ignores her conscience in favor of the five thousand dollars they promise her if she can get him to say he loves her. It’s not exactly the acting job she was aiming for, but it will certainly pay the bills. If only she didn’t like him so much…

The Verdict: Okay, so my initial reaction was that the stor
Lesley
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I received a complimentary e-copy of He's Come Undone for an honest review.

Ellie used to be a well known child actress and had everything going for her for a great future, until her mom stole her money and then died of cancer. Now she's made her way to Minnesota, where she's broke and a wanna-be college student. If only there was a way for her to find a job that pays well enough to pay for tuition. She puts an ad in the local paper offering her services as an actress-for-hire. She's well aware
Barb
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Thank you for the giving me a copy of He's Come Undo by Theresa Weir to read and review.

I would have to say that this is a 3*** story for me. While this was a short and sweet read, I found it to be totally unrealistic. The premise of the initial story was very similar to the movie "John Tucker Must Die" as mentioned by others, but leads into something much different and unique.

Ellie is a young ex-actress that has fallen on hard times as a result of her mother squandering all her money and then
Christy LoveOfBooks
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5

When I read what He’s Come Undone was about, the movie John Tucker Must Die immediately came to mind. Not going to lie, I’ll stop and watch the movie if I come across it on TV. So yes, I like the premise and thought I’d get something simple and a little corny (I like corny sometimes). He’s Come Undone turned out to be different than I expected, which I ended up really liking. It was fun, but it was also more serious.

Ellie is a former child star who is down on her luck and needs to
Jena
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review.

i really enjoyed this book. It was a fast paced book that really kept me involved in the story. That was probably my favorite part; that I was never bored or wanting to skim through certain parts. I just really enjoyed the book. I liked the characters and I really felt their emotions. I feel like the author did a good job of making me connect to the characters.

It was an interesting start to the book when you get to hear about Julian from the college g
Amy
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it

This is one of those books for which you can predict certain plot points and be entirely correct.

Former child star turned penniless college student Ellie needs money, so when a cabal of scorned college girls hires her to exact revenge on rock the headboard and leave 'em Julian, she agrees. Sure, she has a moment of conscience, especially once she sees - and meets - Julian. They connect in one of those "I need to know you" moments, conducted when Ellie looks like Ellie.

When she becomes E
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New Adult Book Club: #232 ~ He's Come Undone by Theresa Weir 43 129 Jan 17, 2015 12:22PM
YA & NA Romance ♥: Read to Review: He's Come Undone by Theresa Weir 50 104 Jul 27, 2014 05:41AM

• Before I Wake
  • Sleep Tight
  • Hush
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg, #1)
  • The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Truly Dead (Elise Sandburg #4)
  • Pretty Dead (Elise Sandburg, #3)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • A Winter's Dream
  • The Christmas Holiday
  • The State We're In
  • A Surprise Christmas Wedding
  • How to Fall in Love
  • The Body Keeper (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries #3)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • The Upside to Being Single
  • Eleanor & Grey
Theresa Weir (a.k.a. Anne Frasier) is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-six books and numerous short stories that have spanned the genres of suspense, mystery, thriller, romantic suspense, paranormal, fantasy, and memoir. During her award-winning career, she's written for Penguin Putnam, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins Publishers, Bantam Books/Random House, Silhouette Boo ...more

City of Lakes (2 books)