Start by marking “The Devil's Contract (Contracts & Deceptions, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Contract (Contracts & Deceptions, #1)

The Devil's Contract

(Contracts & Deceptions #1)

He gave them a choice.

She took it.

He made her promise two years.

ebook
Published May 25th 2014 (first published May 22nd 2014)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 stars!

description

I think this is the first time in a long time where I finished a book feeling absolutely furious which is why I waited a few hours before starting this review or else it would’ve been ugly. It’s not my intention to bash the author or clash with others that did enjoy the book so I will be putting all my complaining in this gigantic spoiler tag.

(view spoiler)
Christy
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

photo 878ea53c-2f18-4dd7-81ce-15b4667f8d88_zpse1d10d8a.jpg

He gave them a choice.

She took it.

He made her promise two years

She should have known there was a catch.

The blurb for this book is vague- and it’s that way for a reason. This is one of those books you aren’t going to want spoiled. The story was nothing like I expected. There were so many twists and turns, things that came out that made my jaw drop. The writing was exceptional and fluid. The story was original and intense.

Amara is a character with so much strength and bravery. She is for
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dark-romance
I don’t know if I’ve read the same book than everybody else.

description

This book has been getting such great reviews that I never expected to be bored but..unfortunately I was. I barely finished it. First I have to say this was not a romance or a dark read.( for me) It wasn’t disturbing or anything. Infuriating yes…The blurb for this one is very vague. You go into the story blind without a clue what the story is about.

So..
The story is about Amara, a Iranian girl who grow up In New York. She thinks her fami
La-Lionne
I have no words do describe this book. Easily one of the worse I've ever read.
I wasted enough time on this book today, precious hours of my life I'll never get back. I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow I'll try to come up with some sort of review.
Good god...
❤️ Diana ❤️
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm rating this between a 3 and 3.5 stars!!

Ok for the positives. Loved the story. The story was interesting with many layers. There are twists and WTF moments. So that was good and that is what kept me going. We still have questions like who is Philip and how is he connected to Colin and Amara's family and holy cliffhanger!!

Ok the negative. The story telling. The writing was just disjointed, choppy and at times confusing. Conversations were just cut short. Maybe to create angst but it just ca
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
May 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Not what I expected!

I did finish, but sorry I wasted my time. At first it started like it might be a good read but after a while

As a reader it's important for me to feel connected to the lead female character, and her whole attitude just grated on my nerves. The other characters were just so-so for me. I felt the book really dragged at the halfway point, I debated whether to finish the book or speed read to the end ... The writing itself was good, but I just couldn't get in to the story.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Dark & twisty, & very Claire Contreras

This book is so different from Claire's other books... yet it's so consistent with her signature writing style, her well-crafted story telling, and her layered, well developed characters.

This story is dark and twisty... sexy and angsty. This is Amara's story... but it should go without saying, I LOVED Colin. Amara is so different, her journey has to be experienced to be fully understood. It's dark. It's intense. It's frustrating and all consuming. It
Crysti Perry
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit, this was an awesome, intense read. I cried. My heart threatened to jump out of my chest on multiple occasions. I don't know how she does it, but Claire's books get better and better each time.

Full review to come later.
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
Dark Contemporary Romance coming out May 27th

He gave them a choice. She took it.
He made her promise two years.

Candace
Wow! First, let me say that I had absolutely no clue of where this book would go. The provided synopsis was lacking, to say the least. I decided to take a chance, because I've only heard positive things about this author and was undecided on my next book. All in all, it was a good book and I enjoyed it. Sometimes not having any expectations keeps you from feeling let down if it doesn't live up to them.

In a nutshell, Amara sells herself to a man, Philip, after her father accumulates millions of
Mariam
DNF at 66%
I just didn't understand this book. I was so excited for it because I read Catch Me by this author and loved it. I'm not even sure this book is a romance. It's not even dark either. To me, a dark book is a book that's disturbing and makes the reader uncomfortable but is also addictive. This book was just plain boring and strange. There were so many things happening at once. I didn't even know who the hero was! Was it Philip or Colin? Either way, a hero is supposed to be present in the
Berry•Nice
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super Intense! Super HOT! Suspenseful! and Intriguing!

I 100% enjoyed this book. Definitely a page turner. I didn't want to put it down.
I'm so glad I have book 2 because I'm jumping right in. The ending was like "WHOA" wait what? Loooooove it!

Claire Contreras has not disappointed me with any of her books! one click author
Suzana
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 intense stars!

What a story ...
A couple of hours had passed since I read the book and still can't get the story out of my head ...

I loved the bond between Amara and Colin and felt so heartbroken for them ...
I don't know what more to say, so I will say only this, read it!
Can't wait for the next book, I need it now ... please!!!

Valentina "TinchyB"
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Spoiler free review.

This was one hell of a story!
There was the right amount of weirdness,disturbing and sweet,all in one.
But still I was missing something...
The whole storyline has some flaws,herione was little annoying and weak...and author keeps with skipping major revealing parts... and that huge cliffhanger...
But,it still was solid 4 star read! :)
Cara Arthur
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant.
I read "The Devil's Contract" in one sitting.
It has romance, angst, passion, tough decisions, suspense, twists, and is has some of the HOTTEST SCENES I have read in a very long time.
Full review to come, but ADD THIS ONE TO YOUR TBR.
YaYa
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

*Giveaway ends 5/29 @ 11pm ET*

When you read the book blurb below, you were probably thinking, what the hell is this book about? And when you finish reading our review, you’ll probably be thinking, what the hell is this book about? There is a lot of mystery and secrets in this book, which makes it so interesting. And we don’t want to ruin it for you. So we are keeping this review as vague as possible, while still explaining why you should buy this book.

What
Shannon
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit!!

Sorry, but that book was freaking AWESOME.

I read the first few chapters and then I cheated
My name is Shannon and I have NO self control
I needed to see what would happen who Amara would end up with.. I didn't find out, but I instead read that this book was a cliffhanger.. Which kind of sucks.. so I almost put the book down to read later.. Glad I didn't. Again sometimes my lack of self control is pretty awesome.

It starts out as a flashback of a meeting with Philip, who we learn is some
Melissa *Pervy*
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once you make a deal with the devil, there’s no going back.

The blurb for this book is practically nonexistent and tells me nothing of the book. I don’t like going into books blind, but I took a chance, and I was quite surprised.

First of all, for like the first 15 or 20 percent of book, the nonexistent blurb made me completely suspicious of every damn character in this story which had me frustrated and confused…but the good thing about that was that it sucked me in. There was so many twists and
Becky
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
First, I am going to address the ending of this book. I was unprepared for it. I don't know if it would have made it easier to digest or not had I been forewarned that there was a cliffhanger, but at least I could have made an informed decision on whether or not I wanted to read this book now or wait until book 2 was available. So, as much as I want to say it didn't affect my overall reading experience, it did. BUT, at the same time I would not say it swayed my rating one way or the other. I hav ...more
Stephanie
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok

Overall Rating :: 2 stars
Series :: Book one of a two-part series
Hero/Heroine :: Colin?/Nolan?/Philip?/Amara or Jasmine
POV :: Third person, but primarily focused on Amara/Jasmine.
Cliffhanger :: Yes.
HEA :: (view spoiler)

I feel like I read a different book than everyone. I hate when that happens. I feel mostly confused, I think. The way some of the chapters ended, or how the story seemed to skip forward, randomly focusing on details I don't remember being previo
Sheryl
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
OMG , I love you, Mrs. Claire Contreras !

the moment i saw this Ebook available on Amazon,
*downloads quickly & began reading* I couldn't stop
reading, i was hooked within 10 pages into the story!

Another well-written, commendable work of hers, i must say!

I totally adore the love & bond establish between Amara
& Colin !!!!!!

damon

My heart breaks for both of them when Amara had to make a
painful decision and wasn't given a say in everything that
was going to unfold for her.

elena

& not to mention,
Kelena
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: enjoyed Aleatha Romig's Consequences? you'll love this one too!
Shelves: 2014
4.2 More than the Stars in the Sky Stars

would have given it 5 stars but to me the writing was little disjointed, scenes ending abruptly which left me sometimes confusing. But in the end it was an amazing read which totally blew my mind away, full of surprises, twists, steamy moments, and heartaches. I enjoyed it more because of BR with my crazy Canaries. ;)

*full review to come*

-----------------------------------
BR with the my Canaries started on June 9th.

Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
BR with the Canaries June 9th

I hope this is as sexy as it sounds.

Chiara Cilli
May 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Sinceramente, non so come pronunciarmi con questo libro :/ non ho capito il senso. Voglio dire, è partito veramente bene: Colin era fichissimo e l'attrazione tra lui e Amara veramente esplosiva... ma poi? Cosa è successo? Okay, Amara deve pagare il debito che suo padre deve a questo affascinante Philip... e quindi uno si aspetta che nasca una sorta di relazione tra la bella Amara e questo personaggio sinistro. Sto cavolo -_- Nieeente, neanche l'ombra di qualcosa di sessuale °_° Ora, io sono più
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-review
4.5 stars!! I absolutely loved this book, even though I had guessed the major plot twist early on. My heart broke for Colin and Amara, their connection was so strong, I felt his pain, I lived and breathed it and it made reading so much harder. For me the ending was not that bad, it was a fair place to end and was not that much of a cliff hanger in my opinion. I have read a lot worse! I cannot wait for the next instalment. (full review to come)
Becky
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Had me so intrigued i had to move straight onto book 2 which is unusual for me!
Grace
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My full joint review available here: http://www.smibookclub.com/review-the...

When you read the book blurb, you were probably thinking, what the hell is this book about? And when you finish reading our review, you’ll probably be thinking, what the hell is this book about? There is a lot of mystery and secrets in this book, which makes it so interesting. And we don’t want to ruin it for you. So we are keeping this review as vague as possible, while still explaining why you should buy this
Jerzie Bishop
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
~JERZIE’S REVIEW~

“More than the stars in the sky.” (Sigh)

OMG! I freaking love this book. I wasn’t sure I would, but man I’m sooo glad I stuck with it. I don’t even care that you are left with a cliffhanger because it was that good.

What would you be willing to do to save your family? Amara is left with no choice but to accept the devil’s bargain.

“I’ll do it.” -Amara

“It’s done then.” –Phillip

It isn’t until five years later that Philip comes back into her life to collect what he is owed. Amara sign
standalone? cliffhanger? 6 53 Jan 04, 2016 08:18AM
C.D.'s Canaries: "The Devil's Contract" BR starts on June 9th 295 75 Jun 17, 2014 12:45PM
  • The Unfortunates (Unfortunate, #1)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Better (Too Good, #2)
  • Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1)
  • The Good Girl
  • Irrevocable (Irrevocable, #1)
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Badger
  • Translucent (Luminous, #1)
  • Sweet Destruction
  • Trust
  • Only Pretend
  • This is War, Baby (War & Peace, #1)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
  • Fragile Truths (The Shadows of Sin, #1)
  • Separation (The Kane Trilogy, #2)
  • Suit (The Twin Duo, #1)
  • Bang (Black Lotus, #1)
Claire Contreras is a New York Times Best Selling Author. Her books range from romantic suspense to contemporary romance and are currently translated in over thirteen languages.

She lives in Charlotte, NC with her husband, adorable boys, and bulldogs. When she's not writing, she's usually lost in a book.

Sign up for RELEASE DAY ONLY text alerts by texting BOOK to 21000.

Contracts & Deceptions (2 books)
  • The Sinner's Bargain (Contracts & Deceptions, #2)