Start by marking “Behind the Scenes” as Want to Read:
Behind the Scenes

Behind the Scenes

Kennedy Smyth's firm provides security for companies and charities in seriously dangerous countries. She doesn't usually take on "frivolous" jobs, but when an old friend asks her to protect his son's movie shoot, she finds it hard to refuse. Also hard to resist is the film's charismatic star, Rogan St. James. The handsome actor piques her interest, while the strange action ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published March 2014 by Carina Press (first published October 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Scenes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Scenes

Lady Lioness
So this isn't coming out until Halloween, which is a little over a month away, but Carina Press doesn't have any 'wait until' guidelines over at NetGalley and I'm feeling too lazy to log into Blogger.

I realized when I was almost finished with this book that I tend to think of these books as Carina Press books rather than a Natalie Damschroder book. I figure it's because I've never heard of most of these authors, but then I catch myself trying to compare Behind the Scenes to Falke's Captive. It'
Anita
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I went into this book, but the truth is, I'm not even sure if the book met my expectations anyway.  Behind the Scenes is enjoyable and well written, and the characters are all quite unique in their own ways.  I liked Kennedy's independent spunk, and her ability to take care of herself.  I also loved that she wasn't created to be flawless, but was also able to recognize her own weaknesses so she could work on them.  She wasn't cynica
Tracy
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Explosive Package of Suspense, Action, and Romance
Driven by the murder of the elder brother she idolized, Kennedy Smyth has spent a decade building an elite security business with the sole purpose of protecting companies and charities working in dangerous countries. Her team is the best in the world. She's the best of the best.

When a family friend asks her to take a job providing security for his son's movie production, Kennedy wants to dismiss the job as frivolous. She doesn't do frivolous.
MBR
Behind the Scenes By Natalie J. Damschroder is the second novel by Natalie that I have tried out, which is set to release from Carina Press on the 31st of this month. Though I have managed to read just two of her novels, there is a theme that rings constant in both her books – you get heroines of the kick-ass variety that drive the story forward and heroes who are a bit laid back than the usual alpha heroes that we all clamor for.

Kennedy Smyth is the owner of SmythShield, a small security compan
Sadie
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Sadie by: First Reads Giveaway
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book as a First Reads winner. It was an easy read, and was good for a fluffy romance novel. The plot was great and intriguing, though slightly predictable. I enjoyed it and breezed through it. Kennedy was a likable character, though she tended to bug me just a bit when it came to her reason for her occupation and not wanting to sway from that, but that's minor. Rogan was definitely a charmer and not exactly what you would expect. He was definitely much more of a gentleman than I would ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Kennedy Smyth is in the business of protecting people, but she doesn't like fluff jobs. Which is why she only accepter her latest assignment at the request of an old friend: guarding a movie set. However, what she finds there are quite a few surprises, one of them leading to love.

Kennedy is a perfect example of the current heroine trend - tough, headstrong, and knows how to get ahead in life. She's built her company from the ground up
Christa
Sep 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
I thought that Behind the Scenes was an enjoyable book with a nice mix of suspense and romance. The main female character, Kennedy Smyth, was a very strong and tough heroine. I found both she and the main male character, Rogan St. James, to be very likeable. Rogan St. James was very much a Beta hero, and his personality was a good contrast with Kennedy's. This book was fast paced and had an interesting and suspenseful storyline.

Kennedy Smyth's security/protection company provides services prima
Linda
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kennedy Smyth watched her new recruits and knew who would fail and never come back Owning SmythShield, a security business that provided security for charities and companies in dangerous countries. She scoffed at protecting "frivolous" jobs, but when her dad's best friend asked her to help his son and her childhood friend's movie shoot she found it hard to refuse him............

Movie star, Rogan St. James grew up in a house where his mom put her job first, it was her job and duty to help abused
Alicia
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great book but one that I wouldn't have picked up normally. Thank goodness for book clubs that ship books each month. Kennedy runs a security firm that provides protection for clients, normally overseas. However her latest job is protecting the movie shoot for an old family friend. The terrorism group targeting the film isn't your normal run of the mill group and Kennedy finally realizes that this group is actually after her. She is falling for one of the stars on the set but if she gets close ...more
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Natalie Damschroder did it again! She wrote an excellent book that I couldn't put down! Aiding and abetting in my procrastination of my homework again. Wow...a strong lead female character along with a couple very strong female secondary characters. The mystery, action and romance keep the plot interesting to the very end. Never a dull moment happening here. I guessed who the identity of the troublemaker long before the end. The actor, he melted me into a big puddle of hormones. He never gives u ...more
Lhenry
Really liked the role reversal in this - the heroine is the driven owner of a security company and fairly emotionally empty. She protects a movie being filmed and romance between her and the lead actor. I really liked how he really liked her for what she was and was so good for her and also that she grew to a more mature adult in the course of the story. The suspense part was, well suspenseful, with a lot strange attacks and waiting for worse to happen that kept me surprised. I would have liked ...more
Lori
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The romance aspect was awkward at first with a big jump to wanting to know his opinion when it didn't seem like they'd had more than surface conversations up to that point. That part got a lot better. More importantly, 90% of the book was not related to the romance and was very good, had a lot of suspense and a little action.
Janis
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fairly good read. I liked the action scenes, they were well paced to keep you interested. I know its a romance novel but the sex seemed a bit graphic compared to scenes of violence which were quite tame in comparison. Still, worthy of your dollars.
M.J. Fredrick
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time relating to Kennedy, but in the end it all paid off! I couldn't click through fast enough! Awesome action-adventure!
Natasha  A.
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Was a good story, but didn't grip me.
Janet Robel
Michellecupboardmaker
Jun 14, 2015
Victoria Smith
Feb 16, 2012
Natalie J. Damschroder is an award-winning author of contemporary and paranormal romance, with an emphasis on romantic adventure. She has had 22 novels, 7 novellas, and 16 short stories published by several publishers, most recently with Soul Mate Publishing, Entangled Publishing, and Carina Press.

Natalie grew up in Massachusetts, and loves the New England Patriots more than anything. (Except her
“She stepped forward into the shadows with him and took his hand. “What do you want from us, Rogan?”
He shuddered with the force of his expelled breath and intertwined his fingers with hers. “I’m not sure.” He brought their hands to his lips and rested them there, not kissing or licking or being seductive, just touching. “I think I want it all. I’ve barely kissed you, but I already know it won’t be enough. Even sex won’t be enough. You’re deep in my system.”
7 likes
“He propped his hands on his hips, shook his head slightly and turned his gaze from the front of the building to meet her eyes, dead on. “It sounds ridiculous, but I want you to have dinner with me. Since we have an early night.”
Those truths clamored louder. She shook her head.
“Why not?”
“I don’t have time, Rogan.” [...]
“You don’t have time to eat?” he asked.
Kennedy blew out a breath. “I don’t have time for dating games.”
“Good, neither do I.”
“Then what’s this?”
He let go of her and lifted his shoulders, hands out. “Flirtation?”
Something intangible popped, and the tension faded. She smiled. “I expected you to say foreplay.”
4 likes