Start by marking “The Fight for Us (Bristol Island, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fight for Us (Bristol Island, #1)

The Fight for Us

(Bristol Island #1)

When Isaiah moves his teenage daughter Natalie to a new town, there is little doubt he’s running away from the past. But what should have been a fresh start for them ends up fraught with pain and heartache when Natalie becomes the victim of intense bullying at her new school.

When Joss is called to a meeting with the high school principal to discuss her daughter
Published May 13th 2014 by Elizabeth Finn (first published May 12th 2014)

Start your review of The Fight for Us (Bristol Island, #1)
Mo
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 clittery stars....

It might have been a 4 star review if it hadn’t been for the “Clitathon” .

He stroked her clit,
He pushed his thumb against her clit,
He trailed his thumb over her clit,
His hardness was right on the bud of her clit,
He stroked GENTLY over her clit,
He licked around her clit,
He pushed his tongue under the hood of her clit,
He brushed past her cleft, nearly stroking her clit,
He let his skin tickle her clit,
His thumb once again brushed over her clit,
He moved back up to
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

What a fantastic book from Elizabeth Finn. This is probably my favorite book by her that I've read to date. The story, the characters, the steam, the side characters, I don't think there was one thing I disliked about it. But my favorite parclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Christy
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
 photo 153cfa17-b860-4c19-a27d-f6c58d6fe46a_zpsbff9d71a.jpg

Joss and Isaiah don’t have the ideal meeting. It is not love at first sight, if anything they might loathe each other. Isaiah is new to town. After a family tragedy, he and his daughter Natalie decide for a fresh start. Move away from the past that is full of pain. Unfortunately, this new start isn’t exactly what they expected.

When Joss gets called into her daughters principal’s office, she is stunned. There is no way her daughter, her sweet and caring daughter could be one of the girls bully
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs

”Sometimes the willingness to fight for another is all a person has left to give. And sometimes the fight is the most important gift of all.”

[image error]

Joss’ hideous ex, Todd is still making her life miserable five years after she divorced his crazy ass. Her world gets thrown further for a loop when she is called up to her daughter Harper’s high school to address accusations of bullying against Natalie, a new girl to the Bristol Island.

Some choice words are exchanged between her and Natalie’s father,
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – The Fight for Us
Author – Elizabeth Finn
Publication Date – May 14, 2014
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Adult, Suspense
Rating – 5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.

Review
I guess I don’t have to keep repeating that Ms. Finn NEVER lets me down with her books.  This one though – this one really tugged at my heart and kept me captivated from beginning to end.

I found myself crying a few times, laughing many times, geclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
IStars
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--I Hate Todd--Stars!!

No really, Todd...

The Fight:

Isaiah and Joss don't exactly meet under the best circumstances. Joss gets called to school where her daughter, Harper is being accused of bullying Isaiah's daughter Natalie. And Isaiah is not happy.

Isaiah and Joss have this really hot love-hate thing going on.

The whole bullying thing was just a big misunderstanding, but it kind of bonded Isaiah and Jclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
The4.5--I
Anna
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LIVE !! Live !!! Live !!!!

THE FIGHT

Joss receives a call from her daughter Harper's principal. There's been incidents of bullying at the high school and her daughter is one of the parties bullying. Isaiah also receives a similar call but his daughter is the one being bullied. This does not make for a love match. This does however, makes for a delicious and sensual story between two people who do not LIKE each other. In fact Isaiah is a part of that breed of jerk-assholes-you-can't-help-but-love
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
THREE AND A HALF TO FOUR STARS!

I always applaud authors who tackle tough subject matters that affect women greatly in their books, especially if it's written in a way that I believe doesn't belittle the struggles of women who are in similar situations. Elizabeth Finn is of course no exception, and I commend her for incorporating the issue of domestic violence against women in The Fight f
Debra

★★★★ 4 Stars!

“Sometimes the willingness to fight for another is all a person has left to give. And sometimes the fight is the most important gift of all.”

The Fight for Us by Elizabeth Finn is a beautiful, gut-wrenching, heart warming story about two people who had given up the fight to live a happy and carefree life but who together, help each other to overcome their fears and realize life and love are still worth fighting for.

Joselyn "Joss" Verna and Isaiah Henry are both single parents with a fourteen year old daughter. Jossfor.
JoselynStars!
Didi
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

3.5 STARS

This was a great story about the choices we make in life and coming to terms with the choices others make in their own lives. It was sad, often times heavy and dramatic, but it was also very sweet and made me laugh a few times...anyone in need of a love sword to mend their lady garden? Lol!
Joss was a woman living with the consequences of having made bad decisions. I did feel for her but also questioned why she let someone like her douche of an ex-husband call the shots for
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

Isaiah and Joss don't meet under the best circumstances. Especially when those circumstances are in the principal's office with Joss' daughter being accused of bullying Isaiah's. Angry feelings aside, there's something between the two of them. They just have to be willing to see what it is.

There were things I liked about Joss and things I didn't. I really didn't like seeing how she was treated and most importantly, let herself be treated. But...she did start standing up for herself which is a good thing
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars

The fight
Isaiah and Joss are both parents of teenagers. One day Joss gets called to school because her daughter bullied a new at her school. At school she gets confronted by Isaiah, the father of the bullied girl. Of course Isaiah is furious about the fact that his daughter was bullied by Joss' daughter.

His fight
Isaiah is grieving about the death of his wife. He decided to move to Bristol and start a new life with his daughter. Over the last 1 and a half year he and his daughter Natalidaughter.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.5 Second-Chances-At-Love Stars!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The Fight

Joss meets Isaiah Henry in not the best circumstances. She gets called into her daughter Harper's principal office being accused of bullying Natalie, Isaiah's daugStars!
“Sometimes
Jamie
5 Stars !! Another Elizabeth Finn winner!

Elizabeth Finn is one of those authors that I know when I read one of her stories, I'm not likely to want to put it down. Whether its the highly erotic sexy moments, the angst, the drama....I know going in that I'm going to be entertained. The Fight For Us was no different.

To me, although it still had Elizabeth's trademark super sexy times.... this one was much more intense and emotionally nerve racking than most of her others. I'd compare this one m
Geri Reads
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 to 5 Isaiah stars!

The Fight For Us is another winner for me. Sometimes, you just find an author whose stories almost always work for you and Elizabeth Finn is like that for me.

The Fight for Us tells the story of two parents each of them broken by what happened to them in the past. They've known each other as adversaries first before they became friends and then later on lovers.

I loved the sensuality of this book. It helped that both Isaiah and Joss were older than the usual romance MCs.
Jen
Another brilliantly written story from Elizabeth Finn! This was book #1 in the Bristol Island series, and it is about Isaiah; a widower and Joss; a divorced mother. They each have teenage daughter's. The interesting part of how they meet is at their daughter's high school. Joss's daughter is caught bullying Isaiah's daughter. Needless to say, the parents do not get off to a good start!

This is a story of two broken people who find each other and learn that life can still be a joy to l
AJ
“I will fight for you every day for the rest of my life.”

OMG, I loved this book! I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I did, or to feel as much as I did while reading, it totally took me by surprise, and I love that! It’s an absolutely beautiful story about two damaged people coming together, and fighting hard to create something very special. It’s slow moving with lots of detail and every little moment is dripping with chemistry, sexual tension and emotion. I was captivated
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 She Belonged In His World Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 9a9aab70-b526-42fd-8e54-7c81b691f81e.jpg

photo 48caefc0-6fb4-4b00-8112-8beac5e1bc7d.jpg

Isaiah Henry is a 42 yr. old widowed man with a daughter named Natalie. Isaiah leaves his job as an FBI agent in Chicago, and moves with his teenage daughter to a small coastal town located on Lake Superior called Bristol Island. Isaiah is running away from his past, and searching for a new beginning with his daughter.

3.5-4 She Belonged In His World Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 9a9aab70-b526-42fd-8e54-7c81b691f81e.jpg

photo 48caefc0-6fb4-4b00-8112-8beac5e1bc7d.jpg

photo 41b1df65-14a7-446b-9bc0-4ca9f5f1e408.jpg

Isaiah enrolls his daughter at Bristol High School, and Natalie joins the volleyball team. Right away Natalie becomes a victim of bullying at her new school by three popular girls. Isaiah is called to the school to discuss the issue, and meets Joselyn Verna. Joselyn is the mother of Harper, one of the girls accused of bullying Natalie.

photo cfcd9cc7-5885-4c28-83f1-40aafbeb329a.jpg

Joselyn Verna aka Joss is a 36 yr. old divorced single mom struggling to make ends meet. She works as a real estate agent in Bristol. She has a hard time dealing with her ex husband and his issues to still control her. Joselyn is stressed as it is, and the last thing she needs is to be called to the office at her daughter's school to have to handle the wrath of an angry parent. She is told her daughter was being a bully, but she doesn't really believe what she's being told at first.

photo e8d018ae-de97-489f-bb9e-50c4d647d3e2.jpg

Isaiah and Joselyn don't get off to the best start since they both are trying to defend their daughter's. Eventually Joselyn realizes her daughter is guilty and tries to fix the situation. Circumstances continue to put Isaiah and Joss around each other and they both are extremely attracted to one another. Isaiah is scared of this connection they share. As they get to know each other, they find they have plenty in common, and they can't deny their growing feelings for each other.

photo d8141ed7-4925-4aa1-b09d-61d5cdcf2322.jpg

-Sometimes the willingness to fight for another is all a person has left to give. And sometimes the fight is the most important gift of all.

-She was just a bit too incredible not to trade his sanity for.

-She just needed to stay in his life, so he could keep this peace and calm. He was sure in that moment that this was exactly where he was supposed to be and she was exactly who he was supposed to be with.

photo giphy.gif

-"I'm kind of obsessed with you. You realize that, right?"

-I will fight for you every day for the rest of my life."
Suzana
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 fight stars!

Lovely and heart wrenching story...
Story about family, love and loyalty, about fighting for your love, fighting to put the past behind no matter how hard it is ...
Isaiah is a strong true alpha male who lost his wife, and has a teen daughter who was bullied at new school ...
Joss is a divorced single mum who also has a teen daughter, but her daughter is the one who harasses a new student ...
When she meets Isaiah, there is a hate relationship at first, but soon attraction sparks between them ...
Isaiah was amazing
Pam Godwin
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an honest romance--no melodrama, no whiny virginal heroines, no emotionally-detached muscle-bound heroes. This is heartache and real-life. A courageous fight for what matters most: family, friendship, and love. Add to that steamy sex and constant suspense pacing at the edges, and you have a book that's impossible to put down.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
3.5 stars, great story I just felt like it dragged a bit...
Judy
Polly
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Isaiah loving stars!!

Isaiah def made this book for me. I loved everything about him. Such a good dirty talker!!

I wasn't that thrilled with Joss. I can't say I agreed or even respected all her decisions. Isaiah did though so I guess thats what matter.

Good read!
Pamela
 B.E.Love
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
After hearing nothing but great things about this book I finally gave it a try, and while I liked it it wasn't all I hoped it would be. There was a little too much of the hero being wishy washy, and why I completely understood it I wanted the hero to take a stand way sooner than he did. He wasn't horrible and I do believe he loved the heroine I'm just not sure he loved her as much as I wanted him to. And yes I know he lost his wife which I can't imagine but in my book I want the hero to love the ...more
Kelena
May 10, 2014 is currently reading it
Shelves: 2014
I.RECEIVED.MY.COPY...........
description

description
It's easy to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I`m freaking out with this whole dam of EXCITEMENT....

gotta finish The Resistance PRONTO so I can grab hold of Isaiah ;)

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
It's been too long since I read this so I can't remember much...It was a decent book with a decent story line. Points were deducted for the words bulbous head and stricture used as terminology in the book. But I would still recommend. :)

Ermani
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reread May 2016 still a great read. Not sure why I thought it was slow the first go. Enjoyed it just as much if not more this time.

Original review. May 2014
4.5 Although a little slow at times, with few exceptions, I loved this read.
starsaga
Not an easy read but one that will stay in your mind.,
I love this author's writing and even when her books are somewhat hard-hitting and uncomfortable to read, they are still excellently crafted. This book was no exception and I loved that it was long and winding until the end when these two people opened their eyes and really saw each other and the gift of love between them. I appreciated the quality of writing for everything about this book, from the conflict, to Joss' issues with her child, her
Miss
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a long time since a book has left me breathless. This book was the equivalent of an emotional hurricane with my thoughts and feelings being tossed around like a rag doll. Second chance romance has never been quite this sweet, or this well deserved before. Not a fluffy easy going ride for these two MC's, but the emotional impact of their story will stay with me for a long time to come. There are some disturbing scenes that take place between the heroine and her ex husband that depict bo ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Ripe for the Alpha (The Ridge Brothers Bear Shifters Book 4)
  • MASON (Trinity Academy #2)
  • I Dare You (Dare #1)
  • Roam (Guarding Her #5)
  • From Ice To Flames (West Brothers #2)
  • Spectre
  • Bad Obsession: A Stalker Romance
  • First Everything
  • Devil's Revenge: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Satan's Wings MC)
  • Tennessee Heat
  • Blackmailed (Blackmailed #1)
  • Bewitching Sloth (Seven Deadly, #1)
  • Conjuring Wrath (Seven Deadly, #3)
  • Securing the Odds (The Gamblers #3.5)
  • Grumpy Dad (Greenbridge Academy, #2)
  • 4 Months (Investigators, #3)
  • Stone (CIG Book 3)
  • Forward Progress (Men of Fall #1)
Elizabeth Finn is a multi-published contemporary romance author. Her passion is creating stories packed full of angsty believable conflicts, characters who leave you rooting for them, and romance that might just short-circuit your e-reader. She likes her characters flawed and scarred, but they always find the best part of themselves on their journey, and her readers find themselves devoted to her ...more

Bristol Island (2 books)
  • Inappropriate (Bristol Island, #2)
“Come on then."
"What? Where are we going?"
"Upstairs. Your bedroom."
"Why?"
"Because obviously you need more convincing, and I'm not going to run the risk of getting caught eating your pussy in the living room. Certain things are inappropriate when you have children, and that's definitely one of them.”
10 likes
“I need you to love yourself as much as I love you, and I need you to let me love you too. I need you to share your hurt with me, not try to protect me from it or hide it from me. I need you to forgive yourself for your past, and I swear to God I'll forgive myself for mine too if you will. And more than anything, I need you to fight.” 9 likes