Start by marking “Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1)

Getting Dirty

(Dirty #1)

Three. This is my number. It’s the exact sum of reasons I continue to go on.

One: To strengthen my body. Make it strong. Make it a machine. Make it so that what happened before can never, ever, happen again.

Two: To help others find their own strength so that what happened to me, what happened to my Olivia, doesn’t happen to them.

And three: My favorite—to find the
Published February 28th 2014 by Cheryl McIntyre (first published February 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Getting Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Dirty

Start your review of Getting Dirty (Dirty, #1)
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
5--Things are Definitely Going to Get Dirty--Stars!!

Linken:

Lost of the love of his life, Olivia, four years ago and nearly died in the process...attacked, beat and raped at the hands of four men. Lives every day hoping and waiting for revenge. Teaching others how to protect themselves so that what happened to them doesn't happen to anyone else.

"Three. This is my number. It's the exact sum of reasons I continue to go on."

One: To strengthen my body.
Two: To help others find their own strength.
Christy
4 Stars!!

photo 1af6cbf6-7929-4850-8d1d-50a494abfab5_zpsff28de42.jpg

There was a lot packed into this short novella that took me under an hour to read.

Getting Dirty starts with Link and the love of his life Olivia getting brutally attacked. Then fast forwards to four years later. Link is running a gym, living day to day just trying to cope with his girl being gone. The only way he gets by is helping others in this spot, and trying to bring her killers to justice.
Three. This is my number. It’s the exact sum of reasons I continue to go on.

One: To
Mysza
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mysza by: Jennifer Kyle
Shelves: favorite-read

Harsh opening, that's for sure. Around 10% my heart was pounding and all I could say was, Oh god, No!

Two very interesting main charcters. Link and Rocky.
Link
"Three. This is my number. It's exact sum of reasons I continue to go on.
One: To strengthen my body.
Two: To help others find their own strength.
Three: To find bastards that took my life away and make them pay for what they did."
Rocky
"Ever since that day, I haven't felt like doing girlie rituals to pretty myself up. I haven't felt like
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4.5 - Dirty, Damaged- Stars

Linken aka Link

lost the love of his life Olivia in a violent act. He is tormented by her loss every day. He has since made three goals for his life

One- To strengthen my body.
Two- To help others find their own strength.
Three- The find the bastards that did this.

He has succeeded in the first two goals by working out and preparing himself at the gym he now owns as well as teaching a class to women on self defense.

Rocky (Yes! A girl named Rocky! Her dad loved the
Brandi
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

Wow! Getting Dirty starts with bang! While Link and his girlfriend, Olivia, are walking home from the movies they are brutally attacked. 4 years later, Link runs a gym, going through the motions - unable to moved forward. He tries to keep busy with boxing, his self defense program and trying to find justice.

One person shouldn't carry this much anger. This much hatred. I've tried to cope. I've tried to get rid of it. Distract it. Utilize it. Nothing works.

Rocky is withdrawn, using alcohol and
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4 Revenge Hearts!!! :D <3

description

Getting Dirty pulls no punches, and right from the beginning pulls us into its violent world with a horrific play of events centered on our main character, Linken, and his girlfriend, Olivia. From here the story fast-forwards to the present, beginning a tale saddled with revenge, and a ride for which we can’t help but tag along, our emotions and mindset already captives of this absorbing and suspenseful read.

“This is what my life is now. A dead man, inside
Liz
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
"This is what my life is now. A dead man, inside a scarred body, living only for revenge."

description

Link is a broken man. He has experienced brutality and loss like no other. He just needs to remember the pain so that maybe he can forget. Yet, he doesn't want to forget. The only path he feels is right is to seek vengeance.

"The only sure way these men will ever be punished is if I take care of it myself. I’m a vigilante. Or I will be by the time this day is over."-Link

description

Rocky is a broken girl. She has
NiCoLeTa E.
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Whoa!!! What was that???

It started wonderfull...
A boy and a girl totally in love with each other... they were in a happy date!!!

And then... bang!!!
Everything twisted in an awful way... Everything turned out to be so wrong!!!! So much wrong!!!
Destruction, violation and heartbreaking....

Damn it!!! That was cruel!!!

4 years later...
Link after that night that marked his heart, soul and body, he is seeking only revenge!!!
He lost everything that once loved and he is lost and desperate...
After
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****

I don't know how to categorize this story yet, other than being dark and very gritty!
I absolutely loved it!!

photo imagejpg1_zps37bb9dde.jpg

Four years ago, Linken Elliott was on his way with the love of his life to grab a bite to eat.
His whole world falls apart when they run into some very unsavory characters.
Now, four years later, he owns a gym, and teaches a self defense class for women.
He he has not forgotten what happened to his Livie all those years ago, and is waiting to exact his revenge.

Rocky
Michelle
Screenshot_12

Fuck. Hot

Getting Dirty is the first book in a five part serial novella series. The story starts off with Link and the event that has forever changed his life. Slowly Rocky is introduced, her past so similar to the future he lost...

This little novella felt like it was so much more than just a handful of well crafted words... it was gritty, real and although we don't get too much, it felt like we got everything.

I shamefully must admit that this was my first Cheryl McIntyre experience although
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
*First book free on Amazon*

Um, WOW. This series is totally 'my thing'.

I'm dragging myself away from the 3rd book to write this, which is killing me.

This series is hard, raw, gritty, sexy, sad, disturbing, violent, edgy...

I've fallen for these deeply twisted and broken characters. The revenge in the heroes tone, the heroines depths of depravity she goes to just to cope with the day to day, the torment they see reflected in one another.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, i-m-broken

***5 Stars***

What a fucking grab-you-by-your-balls-and-throat start to a series!!! Hooked...that is exactly what you are from the first chapter!

Link. Him and his girlfriend were brutally attacked in college. Link survived, Olivia did not. Link is haunted every single day by that event...with one thing on his mind...REVENGE.

Eighteen. That's how many times I was stabbed with a flaying knife. I remember eight.

Alice
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alice by: .Karéz.
Shelves: read-asap

Damn, this was so good !! Even if it's just a novella it was so INTENSE!!

description

Three. This is my number. It's the exact sum of reasons I continue to go on.

One: To strenghten my body. Make it strong. Make it a machine. Make it so that what happened before can never, ever, happen again.

Two: To help others find their own strength so what what happened to me, what happened to Liv, doesn't happen to them.

And three: My favorite- to find the bastards that took my life away and make them pay for what
Mo
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Liked this one. It was short. Cannot give a book that takes me less than an hour to read more than 3.

Too busy at work with all the Heads of State of Europe having a Summit tomorrow. Name drop much, Maura???
Beverly
4 Hooked stars

Hooked - That's a boxing term...right? Well, who knows.

Either way I am hooked. We first meet Link and Olivia and within minutes of the book starting they are attacked and Olivia is raped and murdered. Link survives only to spend months in the hospital having multiple surgeries.

Now Link lives for three reasons:
To strengthen his body
To help other's find their strength
To find the bastards that took his life away

Enter Rocky. She is Joey's, Link's new employee, sister. She has been
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
Getting Dirty is the first novella in a five part series.
Review to come when series is finished.
Eunice Moral
I have so many issues with this book, but I want to know what happens next. So I am continuing with book two.
P.S. Link is awesome, Rocky not so much. Who gets raped, then flinch when some guy touches her but immensely enjoy doing some slutty things in a bathroom with a total stranger? It doesn't add up. What.On.Earth. I wanted to understand her character, really, but she is a walking contradiction! Link on the other hand, is a great character, you understand where he is coming from and his
Jacqueline's Reads
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 I want to be DIRTY stars

This will be a review for all five mini novellas. No SPOILERS

It’s very difficult for me to read books that are broken up. I usually wait for raving reviews and for the series to be fully finished. I was very surprised on how much I loved the Dirty series.

As always when I am shocked, I can say I didn’t know what to expect, but it was nothing what I expected and it was a treat to read!

Review

There’s a Hero and a Heroine.

The Hero - > Linken He witnessed his girlfriend
Beth Michele
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs
Let me start out by saying that I've read every one of Cheryl McIntyre's books. I love her writing style, so I was super excited to find out about this novel. The cover immediately drew me in because it was different, instantly setting the tone for what you'll find when you read this story. Getting Dirty is raw and gritty, showcasing a completely different side of Cheryl, and I commend her for putting herself out there in this way -- A way people are not used to seeing her, but one that shines a ...more
Tony
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Full review later.
This was a shit hot quick read.
Good story. Good character development. Good cliffie.
There are 5 novellas in this series.
This first one was free, 2 more are out and I've bought them both.
This is a 60 minute read, but its hot Smuttertainment with drama and tragedy.
Get it FREE NOW.
4**** Stars.
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
I have no words...

It started liked this...

...and five minutes later...CHAOS...

...I couldn't stop crying...

You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

WOW! That was intense! I haven’t read the blurb before reading this novella and I found myself in a big surprise! In this story there is too much pain and suffer and I have to admit that I was crying while reading it.

Link lost the love of his life after a brutal attack and now wants revenge from the people
Dαɴιjα

2,5 stars.

Hmmmm... For a long time I thought this serial was a romance involving boxers, and that it would be fun, and hot, and dirty... I had a very specific kind of dirty in mind. Then I read the blurb, and realized it would be none of those things. And it wasn't.
I like my version better, I have to say.

Revenge seems to be a popular theme these days. I haven't had luck with those books, but still I didn't give up on this one. Whether I'm glad about that or not is yet to be seen. Part I was
Katie
Wow! I didn't know what to expect from this so I was pleasantly surprised. From the cover I thought it would be about fighting/fighters. In actual fact though, this book looks at the issue of rape.

I love how this book is told from two different POVs. On one hand you see things through the eyes of someone seeking revenge for their loved one who died at the hands of her attackers. But then on the other hand, we get the perspective of a victim. I liked that you got to see the different ways in
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
God!!! This is a couple things..

DARK.
GRITTY.
RAW.
DISTURBING.
CAPTIVATING.
HEART WRENCHING!

It's the first book in this series and my heart broke with every word. I felt the characters torment. It was extremely painful for me.

The authors writing is fantastic. It's very clean, perfectly descriptive and absolutely visceral.

I'm nervous but I have to keep reading! I couldn't stop if I tried.

This is a dark, twisted, heart breaking tale that's felt with every word. A novella that packs one hell of a
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Apparently this is gonna be like a serial, or if not, it basically felt like the first free chapters in an incomplete book. I hope teasing readers with short snippets like this before segueing into the dreaded trilogy isn't going to be a new trend.

Regardless, I like Cheryl McIntyre, this was a meaty beginning to what promises to be a good tale...I just hope it isn't all dragged out into installments like this.

I miss the old days of standalone a or series with a new couple for each installment
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was lovely short read, can't wait for next one!

Link - love him!

photo tumblr_mq5vlqZufj1syeslvo3_500.gif
Polly
Mar 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Ehh wasn't blown away but will give book 2 a shot to see if I'll continue with the series.
Jonnie
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jonnie by: Michelle
**Warning: contains dark themes, offensive language and graphic sexual content**

Five. That's how many surgeries it took to repair all the damage. The damage caused to my body. Not my mind. Not my heart. There's no repairing those.

I'm always split. Two opposing sides within one body.

It's official. I like my literary characters fucked-up. I'm horrible, I know. But this is incredible.

Link and Rocky are both victims and survivors of horrifying ordeals, tormented by demons of their past that neither
Sunniva Dee
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've been a fan of Cheryl's writing since I read Sometimes Never. For every book, her stories get better. The writing has always been beautiful, just exceptionally fluid and effortless, but with this short story--first installment in a new serial--it got even better. I'm not going to blurt out spoilers here. The readers should be allowed to experience those moments of picking their jaws up off the floor throughout this passionate, intense story without my interference. But wow. Let me just sum ...more
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Revenge Stars!

"I’m a vigilante. Or I will be by the time this day is over."

This was a great start to the series. This author is new to me, I love a hidden gem. I bought the bundle, so I'm diving right into the next installment.

Can you live with yourself after seeking revenge? Link loses his heart, his soul, his girlfriend after one tragic night. He's a shell of a human being, existing, not living. One thing on his mind, revenge.

Rocky's sense of security was taken one tragic day, her life
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
BR: Dirty Series BR 5/29 110 37 Jun 01, 2014 07:50PM

• Fall to Pieces (Broken, #2)
  • Break My Fall (Broken #1)
  • Fall On Me (Broken #3)
  • Forever We Fall (Broken #4)
  • The Filthy Series (Filthy, #1-6)
  • Filthy 1 (Filthy, #1)
  • Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1)
  • Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1)
  • Filthy 4 (Filthy, #4)
  • Filthy 3 (Filthy, #3)
  • Filthy 2 (Filthy, #2)
  • Thorn (Carter Kids #2)
  • With Us (Amato, #1)
  • Filthy 6 (Filthy, #6)
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • Treacherous (Carter Kids #1)
  • Filthy 5 (Filthy, #5)
  • The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)
Stay up to date on all of Cheryl’s new releases by joining her newsletter here:

Cheryl McIntyre is the author of the bestselling Sometimes Never series, as well as the Dirty series, Infinitely, Dark Calling, Villain, and HARD. She resides in Ohio with her high school sweetheart, their two sons, one daughter, one fur son, and a hamster.
You can follow her author page on Facebook,

Dirty (6 books)
  • Playing Dirty (Dirty, #2)
  • Talking Dirty (Dirty, #3)
  • Fighting Dirty (Dirty, #4)
  • Staying Dirty (Dirty, #5)
  • Grit (Dirty, #6)
“Rocky,” I say. “You can call me Rocky.”

“As in Balboa?” Augie asks with a smirk.

Joe throws his head back and groans. If my dad heard that he’d have a fit. I shake my head. “As in Rocky Marciano.”
1 likes
“Until you know a person, don’t go anywhere alone with them. Even if you’re in a populated place, like a restaurant or bar, avoid accompanying them somewhere isolated, like a storage closet or bathroom.” 0 likes