Start by marking “Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men, #2.5)

Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men #2.5)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  566 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Available for the first time digitally, this sizzling short story from New York Times bestselling author Sabrina Jeffries features the dashing Doctor Worth, who appeared in What the Duke Desires from “The Duke’s Men” Regency romance series.

Dr. Percy Worth finds young widow Dorinda Nunley ravishing every time he sees her at her cousins’, the Duke and Duchess of Lyons. But h
Published June 16th 2014 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Dorinda and the Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dorinda and the Doctor

Keri
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked these two as a couple and wish this one could have been drawn out more.
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dorinda, Dorinda, what a name!

This super quickie novella (if it could even be considered such), only 4 chapters long is set shortly thereafter the events of the Book Two in the Duke's Men series with Lisette, Duchess of Lyons doing a little bit of matchmaking. She's decided to matchmake her impoverished cousin and newly widowed Dorinda with the up and coming doctor, Dr. Worth, the very man who cured Victor (from Books One and Two).

Not really feeling the forced matchmaking, Dr. Worth comes up wit
Shelly
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was better than I expected. In the previous two books in the series, we don't see Percy and Dorinda ever together, so to come together quickly always seems rather difficult to pull off in these novellas. But I found it believable and cute and an enjoyable fast read. My only issue would be just how quickly everything did happen - in the course of 12 hours! And I do mean everything, from desire, to the rebuff, to confessing undying love, to sex, to the big misunderstanding and finally the ult ...more
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
Short, but sweet romance between a widow and a doctor. I liked both characters and thought their love story was nice if too quick for my taste. I wanted them to explore more about Dorinda's issues from her previous marriage and definitely wanted to know more about Percy's rise to his current position.
Luvmyfamily
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TOO SHORT! I would have loved to see if dorinda really was barren though I understand that wasn't the point of the story.
Monica
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, kindle
To be quite honest, the only objection i had to this book was how short it was.
Karen Darling
Cute story. Wish it was longer.
Lindy Studt
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful Short Story

Duchasses always seem to meddle. Finding the right sort of man to marry in London is the theme of this delightful story. I enjoyed it immensely.
Jessica
A cute short story about Dr. Worth and Dorinda
Cruth
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
First published: 2014
Length: 4 chapters, 872 kindle locations
Setting: London, Late Regency.
Sex: explicit.
Hero: Physician.
Heroine: Destitute widow believed to be barren.
Includes: Excerpt from How the Scoundrel Seduces.

A short tale of sex wrapped in lust and a little history lesson on fertility treatments. Adds little to the series.

2.5 stars rounded down. Short and sweet but nothing overly special.

The Duke's Men:
Cross-over book 'Twas the Night after Christmas - Pierce Waver
Julie
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
This was a nice little novella. The main characters being pushed together by match making relatives, one of the best kind of story scenarios. They decide to get along fine at a dinner they are invited too and then have a very public argument.
But there's a twist, Percy (or the doctor) has always liked Dorinda and has been trying to get close to her for months. She hasn't a clue, and thinks the argument idea is best as she has no plans to marry again and men want a fertile womb any way and she th
Tracy Emro
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very short satisfying read

I really liked Dorinda and Percy. They have known each other for months and Percy has been wanting Dorinda for most of them.

Lisette slyly tells Dorinda that Percy will be out of town and asks her to go organize his office - knowing full well that Percy is home.

So Percy uses this time to convince Dorinda that they should be together. However Dorinda has some deep seated issues and doesn't want to be married again - especially to a doctor.

The story has a HEA and is a
Hany Grace
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
most readers find the events happening too fast because the story showed only one day and the progress between the two happened in such a very short time but common' ! they already have feelings for each other for months before that happened . all they needed was just a little push and they would go crashing with each other already ! who would have thought that Dr. Worth was such a sweetie hahaha ! i really liked it so i don't care what others would say :3 . too bad it was short , would have lov ...more
Hany Zala Dragneel
Melanie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those short stories that I wished with all my heart was a full sized novel. The hero and heroine were so well written that they deserved their story to be told in more detail, but alas it was not to be.

Regardless, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it as it is. Both characters tugged at my heartstrings throughout the story.

If you never read this author, this is a perfect story to sample her writing voice.

Melanie for b2b
April
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An awesome read!

A novella! A quick read filled with wit, second chances,passion and love. You can't help but fall in love with Dorinda and her Doctor. Together they make a lovely duo. A great read. I look forward to the next in this series. Ms. Jeffries is a wonderful storyteller. She brings her characters to life on the pages of her stories as well as the Regency era. A must read.
A personal buy.

AprilR
Tiffany Day
This short story (it's really too much to try to call it a novella) was alright enough, I guess. I liked the characters and their interplay with one another, but... it was simply too short for any kind of real development or connection. Also, it was pretty repetitive. 3 stars (as far as short stories go)
Teresa
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little short story about Percy and Dorinda. While I hated her name, I enjoyed the story. I have been curious if there would be a story about him and his lady love. Unfortunately, Jeffries only chose to do a short story with his character. It would have been fun to read a full length novel featuring Percy. At least we have some closure that he gets a happy ending.
Karin
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: street-teams
The Duke's Men Book 2.5

This is the story of Dr. Worth and the Duke of Lyons's cousin, Dorinda. Lisette schemes to get Dorinda and Percy together by sending Dorinda to his home while he is supposedly away on business. When she finds him in dishabille, she can only stare. Together, they decide to teach the duchess a lesson.

If you're looking for a sweet short story, this is it!
Lise Nanette
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short But Sweet

The essence of romance is in the resolution of conflicted hearts, and truly, we always hope, as readers, that the hearts involved will see each other's truths before it is too late. This story delivers a resounding yes to that desire, and satisfies our hope for love.
Lori Meehan
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This was a fun and emotional short story. Dr. Percy Worth and Widow Dorinda Nunley long for each other but know they would not make a good match. He thinks she is to good for a lowly doctor and she's barren so she can't give any man an heir. I highly recommend this short stand alone story.
Cyndy
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short story

Short sweet simple story. The story makes you feel like you started reading in the middle of the book. You definitely need to read the first book to figure out who the characters are.
Tammy Cyr
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this short, charming tale of the doctor, Percy, from the Duke's Men, and Dorinda, a cousin to the duke himself. My only complaint is that I wish it had been a but longer, maybe with a prologue of Dorinda and Percy later on. But all in all, a good read.
Mischa
Apr 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Meh. Not awful, but too short, too rushed. Basically just a "let's get you out of the way" thing for the doctor.
But at least it was really short. You know those novellas without a real story and yet they're like 200 pages? Yeah, thank god the author didn't stretch it out.
Tracy Somsen
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the short story, it was interesting, fun and I liked the passion
Dorinda and Dr. Worth had for each other. I just wish it was longer .. I really
hope we see them in the next Dukes Men book!
l myers
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read.

This is a short story that reads very quickly. It doesn't require any thinking such as who done it, or what comes next. I found it to be just an enjoyable way to waste away a rainy day by the fire.
Bunga
Terlalu singkat dan ga ada epilognya. Sayang sekali.... padahal Percy a.k.a Dr. Worth so sweet, caring & loving. Bikin lumer.... hahaha
Semoga di series ini (buku berikutnya--ttg Dom & Jane), Dorinda-Percy bakal muncul lagi. Kali ini dengan cerita tentang anak2 mereka. :)
Barbara
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books
Really????falling in love in one day? Putting that aside, Dorinda and Dr Worth have been acquaintances but he wants more and seizes his opportunity one day.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 08:43AM
  • Your Wicked Heart (Rules for the Reckless, #0.5)
  • What Happened at Midnight
  • The Governess Club: Louisa (The Governess Club, #4)
  • By Love Unveiled (Restoration, #1)
  • One Hot Scot (Scandalous Highlanders, #0.5)
  • An Heiress for All Seasons (The Debutante Files, #1.5)
  • The Spy Wore Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #1.5)
  • The Danger in Tempting an Earl (At the Kingsborough Ball, #3)
  • The Duchess of Love (Duchess of Love, #0.5)
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • Tempting a Devil (The Saint’s Devils, #2)
  • Once Upon a Ballroom
  • The Night Before Christmas (The Butternut Lake Series, #2.5)
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • Forbidden to Love the Duke (The Fenwick Sisters Affairs, #1)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • When Good Earls Go Bad (Dukes Behaving Badly, #1.5)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 9 million book ...more
More about Sabrina Jeffries...

The Duke's Men (4 books)
  • What the Duke Desires  (The Duke's Men, #1)
  • When the Rogue Returns (The Duke's Men, #2)
  • How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3)
  • If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4)