Start by marking “Dorinda and the Doctor” as Want to Read:
Dorinda and the Doctor

Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men #2.5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Available for the first time digitally, this sizzling short story from New York Times bestselling author Sabrina Jeffries features the dashing Doctor Worth, who appeared in What the Duke Desires from “The Duke’s Men” Regency romance series.

Dr. Percy Worth finds young widow Dorinda Nunley ravishing every time he sees her at her cousins’, the Duke and Duchess of Lyons. But h
Published June 16th 2014 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Dorinda and the Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dorinda and the Doctor

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Dorinda, Dorinda, what a name!

This super quickie novella (if it could even be considered such), only 4 chapters long is set shortly thereafter the events of the Book Two in the Duke's Men series with Lisette, Duchess of Lyons doing a little bit of matchmaking. She's decided to matchmake her impoverished cousin and newly widowed Dorinda with the up and coming doctor, Dr. Worth, the very man who cured Victor (from Books One and Two).

Not really feeling the forced matchmaking, Dr. Worth comes up wit
Shelly
This was better than I expected. In the previous two books in the series, we don't see Percy and Dorinda ever together, so to come together quickly always seems rather difficult to pull off in these novellas. But I found it believable and cute and an enjoyable fast read. My only issue would be just how quickly everything did happen - in the course of 12 hours! And I do mean everything, from desire, to the rebuff, to confessing undying love, to sex, to the big misunderstanding and finally the ult ...more
Cruth
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
First published: 2014
Length: 4 chapters, 872 kindle locations
Setting: London, Late Regency.
Sex: explicit.
Hero: Physician.
Heroine: Destitute widow believed to be barren.
Includes: Excerpt from How the Scoundrel Seduces.

A short tale of sex wrapped in lust and a little history lesson on fertility treatments. Adds little to the series.

2.5 stars rounded down. Short and sweet but nothing overly special.

The Duke's Men:
Cross-over book 'Twas the Night after Christmas - Pierce Waver
Luvmyfamily
TOO SHORT! I would have loved to see if dorinda really was barren though I understand that wasn't the point of the story.
Karen Darling
Cute story. Wish it was longer.
Short, but sweet romance between a widow and a doctor. I liked both characters and thought their love story was nice if too quick for my taste. I wanted them to explore more about Dorinda's issues from her previous marriage and definitely wanted to know more about Percy's rise to his current position.
Monica
To be quite honest, the only objection i had to this book was how short it was.
Julie
This was a nice little novella. The main characters being pushed together by match making relatives, one of the best kind of story scenarios. They decide to get along fine at a dinner they are invited too and then have a very public argument.
But there's a twist, Percy (or the doctor) has always liked Dorinda and has been trying to get close to her for months. She hasn't a clue, and thinks the argument idea is best as she has no plans to marry again and men want a fertile womb any way and she th
Hany Zala Dragneel
most readers find the events happening too fast because the story showed only one day and the progress between the two happened in such a very short time but common' ! they already have feelings for each other for months before that happened . all they needed was just a little push and they would go crashing with each other already ! who would have thought that Dr. Worth was such a sweetie hahaha ! i really liked it so i don't care what others would say :3 . too bad it was short , would have lov ...more
April
An awesome read!

A novella! A quick read filled with wit, second chances,passion and love. You can't help but fall in love with Dorinda and her Doctor. Together they make a lovely duo. A great read. I look forward to the next in this series. Ms. Jeffries is a wonderful storyteller. She brings her characters to life on the pages of her stories as well as the Regency era. A must read.
A personal buy.

AprilR
Lori Meehan
This was a fun and emotional short story. Dr. Percy Worth and Widow Dorinda Nunley long for each other but know they would not make a good match. He thinks she is to good for a lowly doctor and she's barren so she can't give any man an heir. I highly recommend this short stand alone story.
Tiffany Day
This short story (it's really too much to try to call it a novella) was alright enough, I guess. I liked the characters and their interplay with one another, but... it was simply too short for any kind of real development or connection. Also, it was pretty repetitive. 3 stars (as dar as short stories go)
Tammy Cyr
I enjoyed this short, charming tale of the doctor, Percy, from the Duke's Men, and Dorinda, a cousin to the duke himself. My only complaint is that I wish it had been a but longer, maybe with a prologue of Dorinda and Percy later on. But all in all, a good read.
l myers
A quick read.

This is a short story that reads very quickly. It doesn't require any thinking such as who done it, or what comes next. I found it to be just an enjoyable way to waste away a rainy day by the fire.
Barbara
Really????falling in love in one day? Putting that aside, Dorinda and Dr Worth have been acquaintances but he wants more and seizes his opportunity one day.
Tracy
Very short satisfying read

I really liked Dorinda and Percy. They have known each other for months and Percy has been wanting Dorinda for most of them.

Lisette slyly tells Dorinda that Percy will be out of town and asks her to go organize his office - knowing full well that Percy is home.

So Percy uses this time to convince Dorinda that they should be together. However Dorinda has some deep seated issues and doesn't want to be married again - especially to a doctor.

The story has a HEA and is a
Helen Manning
Wonderful short, sweet and satisfying story. Great characters.
Sezgi
keşke doktor için daha uzun bir kitap olsaydı :)
Jen Pezzotti
Great quick read - way too short. Wish it was a whole book.
Heather
lovely short story. enjoyed it a lot.
Jenny
Short and sweet
Mey Buentipo
I love Sabrina Jeffries books, but this novella is lacking so much. It lack the story and the characters of the h/h, if she had written an epilogue maybe I xan give it a 3 stars.
Marita
LOVE the uniquely realistic portrait of infertility, especially as a contrast to all the HRs with magical-true-love's-super-fertile-cock-cure as the HEA. Very short and very sweet.
Tracy Somsen
I really liked the short story, it was interesting, fun and I liked the passion
Dorinda and Dr. Worth had for each other. I just wish it was longer .. I really
hope we see them in the next Dukes Men book!
Bunga
Terlalu singkat dan ga ada epilognya. Sayang sekali.... padahal Percy a.k.a Dr. Worth so sweet, caring & loving. Bikin lumer.... hahaha
Semoga di series ini (buku berikutnya--ttg Dom & Jane), Dorinda-Percy bakal muncul lagi. Kali ini dengan cerita tentang anak2 mereka. :)
Celeste
Super sweet and sexy shirt story, I loved it!!!
Selene Grace Silver
Short story, as advertised, but still wonderful. Jeffries is a master of characterization, even in such a short form. So much layered detail in so few words.
  • What Happened at Midnight
  • Your Wicked Heart (Rules for the Reckless, #0.5)
  • The Governess Club: Sara (The Governess Club, #3)
  • The Danger in Tempting an Earl (At the Kingsborough Ball, #3)
  • The Winter Wife: A Christmas Novella
  • The Spy Wore Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #1.5)
  • Summer Is for Lovers
  • Tempting a Devil (The Saint’s Devils, #2)
  • All the Pleasures of the Season
  • Good Earl Hunting
  • The Duchess of Love (Duchess of Love, #0.5)
  • The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Irresistible (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, #3)
  • Unleashed Temptation (Miami Scorcher, #1)
  • Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5)
  • The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1)
  • A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong (Blackshear Family, #0.5)
  • If Wishes Were Earls (Rhymes With Love, #3)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of 39 novels and 10 works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 7 million books ...more
More about Sabrina Jeffries...

The Duke's Men (6 books)
  • 'Twas the Night after Christmas (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #6; The Duke's Men, #0.5)
  • What the Duke Desires  (The Duke's Men, #1)
  • When the Rogue Returns (The Duke's Men, #2)
  • How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3)
  • If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4)
The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1) One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3) How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #3) A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5) A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2)