Start by marking “A Gift of Love” as Want to Read:
A Gift of Love

A Gift of Love (Foster Saga .5 (Double Exposure))

3.87  ·  Rating Details ·  2,011 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
A Gift Of Love captures holiday magic as it transports us...to New York City, where a schoolteacher slips an antique gold ring on her finger and travels back in time to a man who desperately needs her love...to a village in Victorian England, where an embittered earl seeks a governess for a lovely, defiant little girl named Noelle...to a starry London night, on which a Chr ...more
Published April 12th 2014 by Gallery Books (first published November 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Gift of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gift of Love

Kimberly
Five short stories with two from my favorite romance writers McNaught (Double Exposure) and Deveraux (Just Curious). Just curious is one of my favorites of Deveraux. "I don't believe in miracles" first line from main character Karen. A widow whose lost her spark working as a secretary for a major corp. owned by a Taggert- one of Deveraux reoccuring families. Taggert handsome, cold-hearted whose inability to get a women to sign a pre-nup has given him quite the reputation. Karen finds herself in ...more
Kathy
Amy
Dec 24, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good anthology of Christmas romances, combining historical with contemporary. A touch of magic in one, a reunion story in another. Though I've only read the whole book twice, I usually pick it up to read at least one of the stories each Christmas, depending on my mood.
Sadia
Sep 14, 2011 Sadia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
Anne Marie
This book had love stories that were supposed to be Christmas related. I made a review of all the stories.
Double Exposure has the main character, Corey, finally being married to Spencer, a childhood crush. He stood her up at the senior Christmas dance, never hearing from him again until years later when Corey is photographing a wedding on his property in Newport, RI. I could have done without Corey's whining about how she was "tricked" into marrying Spencer, but the perfect Christmas setting
✧✦♔ⱮČ♕✦✧ (Michelle)
Double Exposure
Spencer Spence Addison and Caroline Corey Foster
3.5/5 Stars

Double Exposure is the first book of Foster series by Judith McNaught. It was also part of the anthology, A Gift of Love.

Favorite Quotes
“I wanted you to kiss me, so I invented Doug Johnson and used him as an excuse. I wanted you to take me to the Christmas formal, so I used Doug’s name again. The only reason I dated boys was so that I’d know to act on a date with you, when you asked me... It was you. It was always you
Kathy Davie
All of the stories revolve around love and Christmas.

Judith McNaught's Double Exposure (the first in the Foster Sisters series, falls in the middle of the second book of the Foster Sisters series---it'll make sense when you read it! Corey has put her childhood love for Spencer Addison out of her mind after his thoughtless act until she encounters him at a Foster Ideal wedding where the shoe is suddenly on the other foot. Lovely story with a fun twist.

Jude Deveraux's Just Curious was cute and swe
Cindy
Dec 21, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
Copyrighted 1995 - 2 contemporary & 2 regency type Christmas stories & 1 that is half & half (a paranormal!).

Judith McNaught - 2 stars. Very boring contemporary story that just drags on & on. The first 6 chapters are the female lead acting like an adolescent stalker. By chapter 7 it gets a little better, but still snore worthy.

Jude Deveraux - 4 stars. Ok, I know this contemporary story is really contrived, but I liked it anyway! The Taggert hero in this story actually acts lik
Melissa
Dec 01, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just Curious - 4 stars for captivating my attention and the heroine, Karen, not being some flaky nitwit. Mac is interesting. Liked his hopeless romantic side. I just wish the book didn't end where it did. Makes me want to write more of the story myself.

Double Exposure - 3 stars, I wish Cory wouldn't have been so whiny. I get it, she's still heartbroken about being stood up as a teenager in love, but c'mon, she's a grown woman now. Get over it.

Gabriel's Angel - 3.5 stars. Wish there would have b
Talkit
Judith McNaught's story I would give 4 Stars. Contemporary story

Jude Deveraux's story I would give 3 Stars. Contemporary story (a lot like the old 1980's Harlequin

Kimberly Cates story I would give 4 Stars for Christmas themed story. It would make a wonderful Hallmark movie. Historical story.

Judith Obrien's story I would give 2 Stars. The story felt rushed about half the way through. Historical story.

Andrea Kane's story I would give 2 1/2 stars, but that has a lot to do with that I don't care for
Bookabulary
Jan 31, 2015 Bookabulary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review for Double Exposure

I first read about Spence and Cory in Remember When and I loved them there and it wasn't even their book. It's the JM magic at work--making us fall in love and swoony at secondary characters!

This was a great read about second chances with just the right amount of fun and romance. This was a light read and unlike other times when I wish this couple got more than a novella, I will not complain about that here. I guess it's all because I have already read about just how go
Kathy Davie
Nov 24, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Jude Deveraux's Change of Heart was not quite. Great storyline with a unique approach that was rather tritely written.

Judith McNaught's Miracles (Westmoreland, 4) was sweet although its title's pertinence was stuck on at the very end...could have done better by incorporating the miracle concept somewhere else in the story as well.

Jill Barnett's Daniel and the Angel was a treat! Novel concept that was handled very well. I must check out more of her books!

Arnette Lamb's Hark! The Herald was good w
Drava
5 Stars - Just Curious by Jude Deveraux is one of my all-time favorite stories! I don't know how many times I've read it. Mac Taggert is the ideal male - rich, handsome, virile, a gentleman, and wants to talk about Karen's worries. And I'm always a sucker for a man who falls in love at first sight and woes the female with determination without being a total Alpha jerk. A small warning that this was written many years ago (computer disk) but it's still an endearing story that I will read over and ...more
Stacy Ziegler
May 12, 2010 Stacy Ziegler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed these stories. The majority of the stories were historical romance which I really like. The first two stories "Double Exposure" and "Just Curious" were not quite as believable as the others. You didn't get a chance to see the characters fall in love. It was almost instantaneous. All five of the stories could have been longer. Despite this, I found myself liking each story more than the one before it. I would recommend this book to anyone who would like some nice short stories (7 ...more
Melowin
Feb 21, 2011 Melowin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contains the prelude to McNaught's book, Remember When, in the story "Double Exposure", which tells the story of Corey Foster's childhood infatuation with Spencer Addison, which comes to a head years later when they meet again at his estate.

Also contains a Jude Deveraux story "Just Curious", about a modern-day Taggert descendant, McAllister J. Taggert, and a young widow, Karen Lawrence, who fall in love over a weekend wedding that he has hired her to attend as his "fiancee".
Lady Tina Michelle
The rating is purely on Judith McNaught's Double Exposures. I have yet to read the other SS in the book. I love Corey and Spence! They both have a great chemistry that gives me goosebumps! :) It's the perfect light read if you have nothing to do!
Judy Goodnight
Five novellas celebrating love at Christmastime.

My favorites are the stories by Jude Deveraux, Kimberly Cates, and Andrea Kane.

Judith McNaught's story doesn't quite stand the test of time. Judith O'Brien's story is okay.
Patricia Solla
Oct 31, 2010 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A very nice anthology of holiday stories. One contemporary, one starts in the present and goes back in time, the other two are historical set in England. All involve something that happens to the two main characters at christmas time to bring them together.
Raving Redcoat
An entertaining collection of romantic brain candy. Bosums heave, bodices are ripped, cold hearts melt, and charming urchins find loving homes. Pretty much what you would expect from something like this.
Bree
Oct 04, 2010 Bree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I actually enjoyed teh Deveraux story the most in this book - McNaught's Double Exposure, the long-awaited story of Corey and Spencer, felt under-developed. I really think they deserved a book, moreso than Donna and Cole did.
Melody
5 stars for "Double Exposure" by Judith McNaught
5 stars for "Just Curious" by Jude Deveraux
5 stars for "Gabriel's Angel" by Kimberly Kates
3 stars for "Yuletide Treasure" by Andrea Kane
5 stars for "Five Golden Rings" by Judith O'Brien
Cherie
I am not going to finish this book. I wanted to try Judith McNaught since someone has recommended her but I don't enjoy contemporary romance. Can't even get through the first novella.
Aya
Nov 25, 2013 Aya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i can't decide which story i liked the most..each one is excellent in a unique way ,thanks to the writers who allowed me to experience how lovely it was reading this book.
Eli
May 22, 2012 Eli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is such wonderful collection of books. They're all centered around Christmas and they make you fall in love with love all over again.
Marianne
Only liked the Jude Deveraux story.
Camille Cheng
With five ammazing authors in one book. Every story is as good as the next one.
Kimngan Tran
Double exposure 1
Just curious 3
Gabriel's angel 3
Yuletide treasure 3
Five golden rings 2
Priscilla
Jun 30, 2012 Priscilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This anthology was great. The authors made the stories interesting and I flew right through the stories. I am looking forward to reading more books by these authors.
KatLynne
Judith McNaught - Double Exposure = 4

Jude Deveraux - Just Curious = 4
Brenda
Nov 25, 2012 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this 3 stars because I only liked two of the stories.
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
You can find Judith McNaught in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorjudith...

Judith McNaught is a #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author, with more than forty million copies of her novels in print, in over eighty countries and more than thirty languages. She was also the first female executive producer at a CBS radio station. McNaught is credited with inventing the modern Regency Historical ro
More about Judith McNaught...

Foster Saga (1 books)
  • Remember When (Foster Saga, #1)