Start by marking “Stone Cold Lover (Gargoyles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold Lover (Gargoyles, #2)

Stone Cold Lover

(Gargoyles #2)

Gargoyles abound in this sexy paranormal novel from New York Times bestselling author Christine Warren.

A prominent art restorer, Felicity is more than game to help a friend track down an obscure statue in Montreal. But when "Fil" finds it, she’s taken by surprise at how drawn she is to this statue. Attracted to it in a way a girl shouldn’t lust for a stone gargoyle, she r
Published August 26th 2014 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Stone Cold Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Cold Lover

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Stone Cold Lover is book two in the Gargoyles series by Christine Warren. If you saw my review, you might remember that I fell in love with book one of this series, Heart of Stone. Because of Ms. Warren, I now have some very vivid “dreams” about gargoyles wink, wink. So I was so excited for book two to come out and it was worth the wait. I loved it.

Fil “Felicity” was sent to investigate the existence of a statue which they hoped might be one of the guardians. The first time she saw the gargoyle
Claire Robinson
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
3.5 - "You are mine, Felicity." ... "My human, my woman." Stars.

Stone Cold Lover is the second book in Christine Warrens Gargoyles Series. I loved book one, and although this one was really enjoyable too, it didn’t 100% hit the mark with me this time.

I loved Spar Mr. Tall, Gray, and Invincible, like his brother Kees (Book 1, Heart of Stone) although forged from stone he had a heart of gold. He wasn’t afraid to fight for Fil, and he definitely wasn’t afraid to show his feelings for her.

”If you gi
Melindeeloo
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - Art Restorer Felicity (Fil) Shaltis never expected that a friend's request that Fil locate a gargoyle statue would result in Fil being so obsessed with the stone creature that she finds herself breaking in during the wee hours of the night to get a better look at it. Or that Fil would end up attacked by a crazy guy in a robe, or saved by the very object of her obsession come to life as a seven foot fiery eyed winged warrior. When Spar awakes he is confused, but saving the little huma ...more
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!
***Received the ebook from St. Martin’s Press for an honest review

The cover is nice, but not as hot as the last one :) Something about a shirtless chest that just heats a cover right up :)

Gargoyles will always have a fondness in my heart because of my dad and his nicknames and for watching Gargoyles (Disney version) with him growing up :)

This is the 2nd book in the series and packed with action though Felicity (Fil) drove me nuts with her ho
Quinn's Book Nook
I really enjoyed the first book in the Gargoyles series, Heart of Stone. Immediately after finishing that one, I started the second book in the series, Stone Cold Lover by Christine Warren. That was probably not the best decision, not taking a breather between books. While I found Heart of Stone fun, Stone Cold Lover just left me mostly annoyed.

Stone Cold Lover is about Ella’s best friend, Felicity who is an art restorer. In the previous book, Ella called Felicity to keep a lookout for Gargoyle
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Hm, where to start with this one, welllll "Stone Cold Lover" was much better than "Heart Of Stone". First, the romance in this one was first and foremost, which balanced out the story far better than the previous one did. Secondly, the story went somewhere, we went from point A to point B fairly quickly with more mystery and action in the midst. Both elements were very well done.

Felicity also known as Fil, is an artist that gets tangled up in this whole mess by accident, it all starts off as ju
Ami

While I was quite entertained with Fil's snarky self in the beginning but as the story went, I found myself getting detached, further and further. Fil's hot and cold attitude annoyed me and I wanted to snap at her. I guess it became MEH fast. I just couldn't fully immersed with this world nor the couple; and I started skimming to get to the end.

Oh, I totally called the part with (view spoiler); that part was rather gl
Heather andrews
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even in the beginning Spar is intrigued by Fil, "Fil - oh, how Spar hated that named - reached up and ran a palm over her hair, then tugged at the long tail in which it was bound." He's also a caregiver, "Spar ignored her and spread a ridiculous amount of shampoo over the top of her head before beginning to work up a lather. "You are injured and in shock. I am tending to you. Now be quiet and let me tend." He's the type of man to make his intentions clear in the beginning, "be certain you do not ...more
Megan
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right off I want to say that I skipped some of the book so this isn't a completely accurate review.. I did like this one more than the first book. I didn't completely hate Fil and Spar was a better male character than the first one too. I still just couldn't fully get into the story. I am not sure what it is about it. I did LOVE Wynn though. I am actually excited to read her book.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Much better than book one and hilarious from the start. . . .

I found that I liked Fil and Spar much more. I laughed more. I was captivated more. I was just drawn in more by their story. The demon mark. The various attacks on Fil. Her determination to defend. Her determination to be alone, even for a moment. Her determination to love Spar and let him go. She was a hardheaded female. But I liked her for her strength and determination.

Laurel Wilson need to work on consistency with the male and fe
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Excellent. Christine Warren writes a brilliant follow up to Heart of Stone, her first book in her Novels of the Gargoyles Series.Brilliantly unique with true Gargoyles.. A species of being that truly protects humanity. Just a fantastic series.

In Stone Cold Lover the race to find the Guardians (Gargoyles) Continues. It seems at demon is close to escaping. Or rather it has been called forth but is still sleeping. Allowing the minions (I seriously love that word
Fangs for the Fantasy
Felicity is asked to check out a gargoyle statue by a friend. She finds herself ridiculous drawn to the statue and even dares to break into the museum where it is being displayed in order to look at it with her second sight, certain that there must be some odd about this specific statue. What she doesn't realise is that this decision will bring her to the attention of the noctouris, a group of cultist determined to bring on the end of the world. Fortunately, the gargoyle she was interested in co ...more
Barb Lie
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stone Cold Lover by Christine Warren is the 2nd book in her Gargoyles series. I did not read the first book in the series, and this was not a problem, as this read so well as a standalone. We get to meet the leading characters from the first book, which was cool, and also making me want to read this first book, especially after discovering how much I enjoyed Christine Warren’s writing. Stone Cold Lover is a paranormal suspense, but such a fun and humorous read, as well as very exciting, and very ...more
Tory Michaels
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I absolutely couldn't WAIT to read this book (yet, as usual, I dilly-dallied on writing the review). This is the second book in Christine Warren's gargoyle series and it was even better than the first.

Fil's fascination with the gargoyle statue she found at her old friend Ella's request (in the first book) seems bizarre, even for her as an art restorer...and that's before the statue comes to life, introducing her to a whole new world of really wierd things. Add onto that, moments after the statu
April Hollingworth
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

This is the second book in Christine Warren’s fantastically brilliant Gargoyle series. Each book can be read as a standalone. I found this book quite wonderful, filled with a gorgeous gargoyle warrior, a beautiful feisty woman and evil bad guys. What’s not to love? This is a book and series to keep, I for one will read it again and again. I loved it.

The Review:

Felicity “Fil” Shaltis, art restorer and can read the magic in peoples auras. She’s fascinated by th
Josette Reuel
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stone Cold Lover brings us to Guardian (they don't like being called gargoyles) number two. He has been located in the city where the heroine, Ella, from book one's friend lives. Ella asks Fil to check on the statue that could possibly be another guardian and in the process brings Fil into the world of the Warden's and the Guardians. My opinion is that this second book brings us further along in this new book world and some of the details are fleshed out and become more solid.

Mush like Heart of
Jewlsbookblog
I like the premise of the series, good vs. evil and all that jazz. The twist with Gargoyles gives a fun mix of fantasy to the storyline. I love the Gargoyles/Guardians and their off-beat humor and desire to protect. These guys are hard not to like! However, I'm struggling with the heroines! They're too snarky for me ( I can't believe I'm saying this) and their mouthiness gets.. well..exhausting. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the turn of events and look forward to seeing what happens in the next instal ...more
Lizzie
oh for once, a fresh review. i just finished this book. and it was everything i hoped it would be.and more. I am a confessed #stonelover, so this book is just my type. It was a lot of fun reading this book. It sort of went like a hurricane, spinning slowly, out of control. With Spar as the center, Fil had no choice. And trust, she fought it kicking and screaming. This was well worth the wait. #lovedit
Jill
Enjoyed this one almost as much as the first one of the series! Fil is a strong independent woman who doesn't need a man to lean on, but doesn't mind leaning just a bit on her Guardian, Spar. Hubba hubba. I'm really enjoying this series and the world of Light and Dark and their roles in the fight. Would recommend series for anyone who enjoys paranormal romance.
Cindi
Lots of fun reading about sexy gargoyles... The newest paranormal hero? Great series, and a smart author to bring back the H/h from her 1st book. Anxious to read about the witch-about-to-be-Warden, Wynn, whose book has gotta be next up.
Paraphrodite
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I really liked Fil's snarky personality and courageous nature. The Rocky/stone boy nicknames are so funny. A much more fun read than the first book.
Jill James
I wish there were more than four books in this series!! I'm loving the whole world-building and the uber-hot gargoyles!!
DelAnne Frazee
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: 8-26-2014
Pages: 332
Genre: Romance
Sub-Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy, Paranormal, Gargoyles, Erotic Romance, Gothic
ISBN: 9781250012661
ASIN: B00IHCYVTO
Reviewed For NetGalley and St. Martin's Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Art restorer Felicity “Fil” Shaltis can read the magic in auras, but her fascination with a valuable statue she’s asked to loc
D.
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**3 1/2 Stars

After over a year, I decided to jump back into the world of Gargoyles.

This is the 2nd installment to the Gargoyles series which takes place right after the first. A fast moving stories filled with dark evil, minions, demons, etc. The heroine, Felicity (Fil) was first introduced in the first book. An art restoration expert living in Montreal, Canada and sorority sister of Ella (1st book). In this story, similar to the first, another Guardian (Gargoyle) has been awakened without the a
Emma
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now that ive read the second book i can tell this series is going to be pretty rinse and repeat which i mean im not mad at and sometimes i need the rom com/ fairytale formula now this wasnt exactly that either but yeah it does get old fast. I enjoyed the book enough it gets a star for originality i love 'shifters' i love mates stories in general and this is a twist on both since they are 'gargoyles' and their mate connection isnt potrayed the same as shifters which for me is downside but yeah an ...more
Neveth
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I wasn't a big fan of Spar's alpha male "cannot let her have any agency must protect" schtick, but the world building is fun enough. I will probably check out the others in the series to see if they're better about that.
Natalie
Wow, this book was honestly a waste of time. It was a good read and all but NOTHING was resolved regarding the underlying story line. Read it if you love Christine Warren's characters, which I do, but don't expect anything other than a good story.
Jennifer, Just beyond normal ♑
Great book, she seems to be building up the dangers and such in each book. I am glad they finally got the two guardians together there at the end. I didn't quite like the ending, but it didn't take away from the story too much. Looking forward to the next book.
Lauren
Yeah not bad... Might have helped if I'd started with the first book in the series.

I can't say that I felt the slow burn of romance, more a caveman claim.
The story was ok. Not sure, i'll read the next one...

The rating may say a 3, but it's more a 2.5 rounded up :)
Ken Liljengren
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be looking forward to the next book

Ken
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Heat of the Moment (Sisters of the Craft #2)
  • Claimed by the Alphas (Claimed, #1-6)
  • Surrounded by Pleasure (Woods Family, #2)
  • Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City, #2)
  • Forged (The World of Nightwalkers, #4)
  • Beneath the Broken Moon: Part Two (Broken, #2)
  • Sarai's Fortune (Shadowcat Nation, #2)
  • Shades of Dragon
  • Undying Hunger (the Enclave, #4)
  • Becoming Blood (The Becoming, #3)
  • Bearing It All (Highlander's Beloved, #3)
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Past My Defenses (Taming the Pack, #1)
  • Beg Me to Slay
  • Surrendered To The Pack (Wicked Wolf Shifters, #1)
  • Jaguar Pride (Heart of the Jaguar, #4)
  • Dancing with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons #2)
  • All American Wolf
Born and raised in coastal New England, Christine Warren lived in the South and the Mid-Atlantic before hopping to the other side of the country to take up the life of a transplant in the Pacific Northwest. She completely bypassed those states in the middle due to her landlocking phobia. Hmm, need to research a scientific term for that...

When not scrambling frantically to complete her latest writi

Gargoyles (6 books)
  • Heart of Stone (Gargoyles, #1)
  • Hard as a Rock (Gargoyles, #3)
  • Rocked by Love (Gargoyles, #4)
  • Hard to Handle (Gargoyles, #5)
  • Hard Breaker (Gargoyles #6)
“Wherever his gaze touched her, she felt as if flames licked at her skin, and the thought of what it might do to her to feel his tongue follow suit had her eyes drifting shut on a moan.
Spar chuckled softly and leaned closer until his breath teased the rim of her ear. "I would pay more than a penny for those thoughts, little human, were I not filled with such vivid imaginings of my own.”
1 likes
“So this gargoyle you're looking for, she could imagine herself saying. It wouldn't happen to have freaky magical powers, or the ability to devour human souls, would it?” 0 likes