Start by marking “Takeover (Takeover, #1)” as Want to Read:
Takeover (Takeover, #1)

Takeover

(Takeover #1)

Michael Sebastian thought Curacao would be the perfect place to have a little fun in the sun—and between the sheets. So far, no one has struck his interest, until Sam Anderson walks into the bar. With one look at his tense body and expensive suit, Michael knows that this is a man in need of release. And Michael is more than willing to lend a hand.

Shattered by the most
Published August 19th 2014 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Takeover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Takeover

Start your review of Takeover (Takeover, #1)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: queer
The sexy times were very, very steamy which I liked way more than I should probably admit on goodreads, but the plot was super forgettable. Read this if ur feelin’ frisky
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Read in May 2015.

Better late than never.

I read this book after I read Just Business, the second Takeover book. After meeting Michael and Sam in Just Business, I had to know their story.

This book is intense and fast paced with complex MCs and a well-developed plot.

Sam drove me a little crazy with his in-the-closet routine and how hesitant he seemed to be about the submissive side of his personality.

But when he and Michael are together, Sam is all there ... needy & wanting.

What
Nazanin
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, m-m
3.5 Stars

I enjoy reading this book but not completely. I couldn’t focus on the whole story and sometimes I had to read a page twice. I should say the writing was good enough that made me read this book to the end. Told in dual POV, 3rd person. It’s the first installment in the "Takeover" series and it can be read as a standalone. So I think it was just me not the book and I hope you like it!
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
In a word-wordy.

This is my first experience with this author and overall I enjoyed it. Was it memorable? Probably not, though I would read something else by this author. Like that anthology that's forthcoming.

I like the premise of a one night stand that turns into something. Michael and Sam meet in a bar in Curaçao, have an intense experience, maybe wish it could be more but know it's only one night. Let me tell you that one night was a helluva way to start off this book!

description

Naturally, their paths
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.75 Stars!

I've had this one on my TBR forever. I kept putting it off because of the BDSM elements. But book 4 in this series hit my feed this week and I thought it sounded good so I decided I would give this one a go.

And it was good. I can't say it wowed me, but I did like it.

And I would say this was BDSM-light. Just a little spanking and maybe one flogging (I think that's what you call it).

Relatively low angst I think. No crazy drama. Likable MCs.

It just didn't have that wow factor to rate
Bibi
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
**3.5 stars**

Lovely book. Not riveting, but nice enough to get me to read the other books in the series.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

A chance meeting in a hotel, an odd twist of fate, and exactly the man he needed.

This was my first Anna Zabo book and it certainly won't be my last!

Michael and Sam had off the charts chemistry! After a scorching-hot one night stand while on vacation, the men come back to their normal everyday lives to find out that Sam is Michael's new CEO.

And so the sexual tension and dance begins...

Both men know that a relationship could never work. Michael is Sam's employee. Sam is
Jan
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
***4.5 Stars****
Ele
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
*3.75 stars*

Can you guess who is the dominant and who is the submissive?

Sam is a businessman, a man of power. He makes the decisions and dominates the boardroom. BUT under the suits and the icy facade, Sam is the one who needs to BE dominated. In the bedroom, he craves to surrender and give up control, to be tied up and held down, to follow orders and experience pain.

Michael is the perfect match for Sam. Dominant, always in charge in the bedroom. He *sees* Sam, he reads him like an open book
Fabi
I listened to the great narration by Iggy Toma.

I really enjoyed this unexpected romance featuring two adult men with inclinations towards S&M. It gets complicated for them when they find themselves accidentally working together. I most enjoyed that they were equals out of bed. It was also curious to see the dynamics upside down at the workplace. It kept me fascinated from beginning to end.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
*CEO & The Employee*

This was a real bust. I think, starting this book, I had the feeling that this just wouldn't work out, however, I needed something to read so... Can't even say I expected more. The story revolves around Sam Randell Anderson (how old?), the new CEO of a failing technology company (Four Rivers Networks?) and Michael ‘Mike’ Sebastian (how old?), one of Sam's new employees (Lead Test Engineer) at said failing technology company. These two men meet each other at a bar in
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Disclaimer: I’m not into BDSM other than a little slap and tickle or one getting a bit toppy with some restraints, and sometimes with such a tag there is a whole range of mild to extreme that could be present. Anything more than mild does absolutely nothing for me. Remember, staid. That’s me.

So this was definitely a juxtaposition of two things. On one hand you’ve got a highly romantic tale and angsty struggle between a boss and his employee. On the other, you’ve got a bdsm situation
Gigi
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was good, but not quite 5 stars good. There was a big lag in the middle and the book seemed to lose steam, but it went out like a lion! Review shortly.
Ula'ndi Hart
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, lgbtq
Overall book rating: 4
Audio Book: Iggy Toma - 3
Book Cover: 3.5

So first I was like>/b>

Then

Because Michael’s commanding personality is just

Sam had his moments that he drove me up the walls but just when it got to breaking point he won me over again.

They were H.O.T together and I guess those moments fed my inner “alpha-crave”.

Man, could I have done with MORE TOGETHER TIME people! I would have devoured a proper moment where they at least could be on “Home turf” with each other.

The ending
Eugenia
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Completely engaging and sexy! I’m not sure why it took me so long to pick up this book. I’d read some so-so reviews and simply put it on the back burner. Well, silly me. It was wonderful!. I got to listen to the unique voice of Iggy Toma narrate this story about two strangers hooking up while on vacation only to discover they have to work together in real life.

The sex was hot. Smart people are hot. Staying in the closet for years on end is not hot. Sam, the erstwhile CEO of a tech company
Renée
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, 2015
3.5 stars. I enjoyed the story and the MCs. The writing was solid. However, there is a bit of a time jump when the MCs were getting to know each other where all the "feelings" really developed from lust to something more. And all of that happened off page. So we, the readers, go from lust to changing life paths without seeing that proper relationship development. It had a feeling of insta-love because of that, even though several weeks had passed. I was told and not shown. That's not my ...more
~Kristin~
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
~3.75 Stars~
Ariadna
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is one of those books for which there was a low buzz when it first came out a few years back. I forgot all about it until the fourth book in the series dropped and this book went on sale for either $0.99 or free. So I got me a copy and put it away until the other day when I sat down and read it in less than one afternoon.

One of few things that this story did really well was the way that it presented the tech business world to the readers. Many of the scenes centered around the
Amy
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2read2, fv-review, m-m

Originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-takeov...

CEO, Sam Anderson lives out of a suitcase, traveling on a regular basis as a “fixer” to failing companies. But one night in Curacao, after a hellish workday, he finds himself at the bar with the hopes of drowning his day away with a drink. Michael Sebastian is on his last night of vacation in Curacao. While he has flirted with several of the men on the island, preferring a man of power and confidence, he still has not found one
Skye Kilaen
If you've ever worked in a startup, in tech, or in a corporation that went through acquisition/merger, and you're comfortable with BDSM, this may be the M/M romance series for you.

Takeover begins in a hotel bar where Michael, an out gay software engineer, picks up Sam, a closeted gay management consultant. The first 13 percent of the book is just their meeting and having sex - but Zabo's writing here is AMAZING. Sam's entire emotional world is laid out for the reader during this encounter. I
Marte - Thunderella
*** 3,5 business stars ***

Audio edition

Overall: 3,5
Performance: 3,5
Story: 3,5

This was overall an okay story. I liked Sam and Michael, I just didn't care much for the business setting. More rightly said, the business issues took up too much of the book. I would have liked to have the MCs get more down to business, if you catch my drift. But when they did, it was hot, but still tender with feelings blossoming. I wish the book would have explored more of their relationship than saving the company.
Anna
Oct 05, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: stuff-i-wrote
[October 5, 2016]

Takeover was the first contemporary romance I ever wrote, and I learned a lot in that process, I have to say. I also didn't quite expect that I'd write a series, either. (I learned *a lot* there, too.)

Many people have wanted to know a bit more about what happened after Takeover, so I wrote a little something that's more or less an epilogue, and it's up on my blog as a free read. It's about ~8,500 words long.

It is very much NSFW. *cough*

Trio
On my tbr shelf way too long.

Zabo sets up the characters well though the plot was a bit repetitive till about 1/2 way through. Luckily for me, since I did the audiobook version Iggy Toma's gorgeous voice kept that from being too big a problem.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, bgirls

3.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

Wow, this starts out strong. These guys meet for a hook up on vacation, and boy are they hot. Sam takes the opportunity to let himself go, something he rarely does given the fact that he is completely in the closet at home. Michael is just the man for the job, after all, it’s only for one night.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, that one night stand comes back to haunt them when Sam is brought in to oversee the takeover of Michael’s company, or what should have
Bev

Wow, when these two get together they sizzle. This is the story of temporary boss Sam and his employee Michael, and the role reversal they experience when hooking up...Sam, the submissive and Michael who is definitely in charge.

I have to admit that the background info on the business was fairly boring, and unless you're well versed in computer speak, will go straight over your head (as it mostly did mine). Blackmail, intrigue, fraud and a possible Ponzi scheme feature in the story too. HEA?? Oh
Marion
4.25 Stars!
I liked everything about this. From the unexpected (and very hot) meeting in Curacao, to the even more unexpected (and shocking) meeting in the boardroom. Sam and Michael have chemistry that's off the charts and can't keep away from each other...even though it's against corporate policy.

There is BDSM here (which is not normally my thing), but I've got to admit it worked well within this story...and it was HOT!! *fanning myself* It was hot in the shower, and it was hot in the bedroom,
Angie Elle
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
ARC from Netgalley.

I’m going to start by admitting that Takeover is my first full-on M/M read. Had it not been for Tiffany Reisz and her The Original Sinners series, I’m not sure it’s a genre into which I’d have ventured. Having said that, I enjoyed this book very much and am a bit overwhelmed at what this is going to mean for my to be read pile!

This story, for me, immediately had two things going for it: a scorching one night stand and an office romance. As far as I’m concerned, it
Tina

Why did it take me so freaking long to start reading this series??? I have no idea...

Takeover had everything I love in a good m/m romance. It was fast paced, sexy and hot as hell.

And up it goes on my top favorite book shelf....
haletostilinski
This was a solid 4 star read for me.

So, I tagged this as "bdsm-lite" because it definitely has elements of BDSM between the two MC's, but it doesn't go that far beyond spanking/flogging, and it is really only in the bedroom that Michael and Sam take on the D/s rolls. Also, Michael says that he likes being in charge in the bedroom, he likes to top, but he didn't like being a Dom when he was in the Scene way back when. So it didn't feel like a full on BDSM novel/relationship.

And honestly, that
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Michael is on the first vacation he's taken in three years, since his two business partners betrayed him when they sold the company the three of them founded and left him high and dry. He's a bit bitter about that, but he has earned it. He was too trusting. He's spent that three years trying to protect the people he hired from the new board of directors who seem hell bent on running the company into the ground. Needless to say, Michael needs to blow off a little bit of steam, so he goes
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Nowhere Ranch
  • Coming Home (Firsts and Forever #9)
  • Starstruck (Bluewater Bay, #1)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove, #2)
  • All I Believe (Firsts and Forever, #10)
  • Shifting Gears (Crossroads, #2)
  • Owning Corey
  • The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • His Roommate's Pleasure
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Beta Test (#gaymers, #2)
  • Making it Personal (Personal, #1)
  • Let the Wrong Light In
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
Anna Zabo (they/them) writes contemporary and paranormal romance for all colors of the rainbow. They live and work in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which isn’t nearly as boring as most people think.

Anna is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns and prefers Mx. Zabo as an honorific.

Anna grew up in the wilds of suburban Philadelphia before returning to their ancestral homelands in Western Pennsylvania.

Takeover (4 books)
  • Just Business (Takeover, #2)
  • Due Diligence (Takeover, #3)
  • Daily Grind (Takeover, #4)
“I take it he was in the closet?"

"He might as well have been in Narnia.”
2 likes
“And if we're talking flaws - I get a kick out of flogging people, then fucking them."

Warmth ran up Sam's spine. "That's a flaw?"

Michael grinned. "Only to some.”
1 likes