Start by marking “Break Free the Night (Break Free #1)” as Want to Read:
Break Free the Night (Break Free #1)

Break Free the Night

(Break Free #1)

It's been two years since an epidemic ravaged the earth, leaving hordes of infected that still roamed the streets with an insatiable hunger for anything fresh and moving. Kaylee and what's left of her friends and family fight for survival in the crumbling remains of their city. Hundreds of infected beat at their doors and walls, including Kaylee's mother, who now haunts th ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 232 pages
Published January 1st 2014 by Brock D. Publications

To ask other readers questions about Break Free the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Break Free the Night

Jelena Bosh
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5

Having never really have the chance to read a zombie type of novel, I was excited to have finally found one that I really wanted to read. Maybe I would like it but maybe it would turn to give me a reason why I never really fancied zombie books.. You can tell that from the 4.5 stars it was anything, anything but a cliche, expected and poor quality action book.

I absolutely loved this!!

In true zombie style, as anyone would watch a scary movie or read an action/suspenseful novel, I set up a quie
chucklesthescot
Kaylee and Emma are two sisters, living with a small group of survivors in a fire station, their dad, nurse Anna and Kaylee's best friend Andrew and his dad Bill. They are trying to evade the zombies that patrol the streets. Dissent is rising in the group about whether to stay there and continue to scavenge, or leave and seek other survivors out in the world.

Feminists should certainly avoid this book at all costs! Bill has decided that it is up to Kaylee and Andrew to start the repopulation of t
Mav Skye
Unusually Creative Zombie YA Tale

E.M. Fitch's intense, suspenseful prose will sing you through a dark world. A world where the undead ravage and feast on the few remaining survivors. A world where innocence is fading fast. Kaylee knows this more than anyone.

Kaylee is one of only six people left on earth. She is content enough to have her father, sister and best friend Andrew by her side, a safe place to sleep at night and the food cultivated in the garden on the roof of their firehouse. She feel
Liz DiBenedetto
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book for an honest review. Thank you so much E.M. Fitch for sending it to me.

I am going to give this book 4 stars. I love zombies and everything about them. So I was instantly drawn into this world. I found it gripping and intense. The main character, Kaylee, is a spunky 17 year old but she has a great head on her shoulders. I did find the teenage angst to be a little annoying but the way that the author handled it made it more bearable. I did like all of the characters but didn'
Dena
not sure

I like the fact that survivors are making a head way by staying in the city they love. The characters are annoying and I don't like the fact that the girls are treated with kid gloves. I mean hello it is the apocalypse they need to grow up and fight. Mainly the characters I don't like and the story is what draws me in.
Allie Rashkow
Mar 01, 2014 rated it liked it
A little rough at points but overall a good story. Interesting (yet odd) take on zombies, having them collapse at night.
Rebecca
Sep 11, 2017
charlie bonhage
Nov 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Scavengers (After The Apocalypse, #1)
  • Those Who Remain
  • Zombie Tales from Dead Worlds
  • Dead Days: The Complete Season One (Dead Days Season One #1-6)
  • A Vacation From Hell (Hell Bound, #1)
  • The Bitter Seasons (Living with the Dead, #2)
  • Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies (Mutation Z, #1)
  • Unholy - A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller (Falling Darkness Book 1)
  • Toward the Brink: The Apocalyptic Plague Survival Series Book One
  • The Dead Road: Vol. 1 - Isolation
  • The Dying Times (The Survivor Chronicles. #1)
  • Slow Burn
  • Only The Dead Live Forever (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #3)
  • Ward Z
  • Dead Chaos (Dead Chaos #1)
  • This Plague of Days (Season 2)
  • The Walking Dead, Issue #163
  • Prepared
E. M. Fitch is an author who loves scary stories, chocolate, and tall trees. Her latest novel, OF THE TREES, is a Young Adult horror/fantasy inspired by haunted cemeteries and the darker musings of W.B. Yeats. Its sequel, AT WOODS EDGE, will be released in the coming year from Month9Books. She is the author of the Young Adult zombie trilogy: THE BREAK FREE SERIES. Her story, BETWEEN SHADOWS, was r ...more

Break Free (3 books)
  • Loss of Light (Break Free #2)
  • Through the Frozen Dawn (Break Free #3)