Start by marking “Pistol (Banjaxed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pistol (Banjaxed, #1)

Pistol

(Banjaxed #1)

Stephanie Drake, or Steph as she’s known to her friends, is lost. Somewhere between the end of her childhood, and the day her loser of a boyfriend called it quits on their so-called relationship, she forgot who she was. She lives each day in a perpetual routine, stuck in the confines of her normal, safe life. If she doesn’t take a risk, she won’t get hurt—right?

Then she me
ebook, 1
Published May 8th 2014 by Max Henry (first published May 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Pistol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pistol

✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
description

*A kind note to the author and readers: these are just my thoughts and my thoughts alone. I hope you don’t get offended or discouraged as it is not my intention to do so. Everyone will have their own opinions and critiques and these are mine. I am one person, one voice so if you end up loving this book then great for you!! I’m happy you liked it. But, sadly this book just did not click for me.*

To be perfectly honest, I struggled a lot throughout this read. I found the characters’ relationship
Max Henry
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My favourite book to write - hands down.
Kristine GPI Bookblog
I was lucky enough to beta read Pistol for Max Henry, so I was afforded to absolute pleasure of seeing the growth of this story.

Now for those who know me, know I love my bad boys, my damaged anti hero's, I adore my alpha's with their troubled pasts, what can I say I suffer from the Christian Grey effect - but Pistol (Pete) is no CG, he's the real deal. He's shady, he's broken, he works outside the law, he's the epitome of the kind of guy your parents dread you bringing home. Pistol is world wea
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Then she meets Pete—or Pistol to his friends.
He’s blunt, arrogant, and straight for
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pistol
by Max Henry

Reviewed By Ang from https://www.facebook.com/PNRBookLover...

I was lucky enough to beta read Pistol for Max Henry

Pistol is a story about Pete and Steph. Pete and Irish, Tatted, Hot Dangerous man who has moved to austrlaia to start a new life...
But its a little harder then he thought it would be. Then He meets Steph...
Steph is young and just out of a relationship the dude who was a ASS Hat, and treated her like shit.

Pete and Steph relationship is not perfect but yet what relati
CaroB
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I couldn't get into this one, the characters weren't fleshed-out and the plot seemed a little disjointed. I think it says a lot for much this author's writing has improved in the last 4/5 years as I've enjoyed all her more recent work.
Cindy
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the beginning of this series. It gave me a glimpse as to who Pistol (Pete) and Steph are and had my mind thinking as to what could happen in the next books.
 ♥Lynn ♥
The constant tug of war between the two characters really turned me off.
Renee
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Katrina
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars will be venturing into the rest of the series as I enjoyed this authors writing ;D
Lea Dimovski
⭐⭐⭐✨

Three and a half stars for me. I didn't connect with any of the characters in this book but I read and explored them for what they were.
A little too much self hate/low self esteem for my current mood.

I can't put my finger on a specific reason I'm hesitant to read more of this series. I'm not saying no but more not right now.

I have different titles from this author I think I'll read before making my mind up about this series.
Danena Freeman
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom
It was a great read. It had interesting characters and a story line that keeps you guessing what will happen next. Rated very good
A. Jones
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I like that the relationship gets a chance to develop and Stephanie thinks about real consequences. I'm going to give the next one a read.
Casey
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I will admit that I was drawn in from the blurb and cover on this one. Everything about the cover just really spoke to me and I absolutely loved it. But after reading the blurb, I thought that this story was going to be one I really enjoyed. Sadly, this book was so much different than the blurb led me to believe and I really think that the blurb was misleading. There will be a lot of people that I think really like this book, but unfortunately
Reading Write
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
reviewed by Kota for Kota's Book Kollection

Pistol is the story of Steph and Pete. Steph is a young lady fresh out of a relationship with a bloke who is an arrogant arse and treated her poorly. While she tries to come to terms with her life after this relationship and who she has become, she starts to question her place in the ‘normal’ world of her peers.

Pete is an Irish rogue – of the hot, tatted and dangerous kind. He has immigrated to Australia to start a clean life, but it is harder than he a
Anny hernandez
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

HOLY FUCKING SMOKE ( Excuse my French) I just finish reading this book, and I love it, love the characters, I am so glad that I will be reading the second book, as soon as I finish writing this review, I felt in love with this book from the first page to the last, I couldn't put the book down, that's how much I love it, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

I love the character of Stephanie (A.K.A.)
Sandi
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was ok

Very minor spoiler warning... I promise that no details are given.

The synopsis grabbed my attention but the book couldn't keep it. The idea for the story is great but the story itself needs work to make it equally great. Much of the conflict between the main characters seemed forced and immature. Stephanie was constantly angry at Pistol for doing the very things that she wanted and even asked him to do. She would initiate, he would oblige and then she would get mad and insinuate that she had
Destinationpages
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, this cover art is fucking rad! Secondly; so is this story.

Steph and Pistol both have a past they have let define them and a present in which they both play their roles. That is, until they meet. The chemistry explodes. All bets are off, the stars align to send their paths on a sexually explosive, rock riddled journey to finding themselves, together.

Steph is a quiet rebel struggling to balance being all she has ever known - a some what dutiful daughter and sweet sister. And then there
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
~*~ Obsessed by books copy given in exchange for an honest review ~*~

"So what if you grew up in poverty, wealth, abuse, or love. All that matters is the person you are now."

But who is Pete, Pistol to his associates? Stephanie hopes he is the man for her, embracing their joint love of ink and the sexual intensity that sparks between them. Stephanie, recently out of a two year relationship, meets Pete in a bar where he works. The insta attraction is strong and the are drawn to one another.She come
Tina Lee Harris
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Can two completely different people but seemingly the same find happiness and come to rely on each other no matter the past, present or future?

Stephanie or Steph as her friends know her has always been a little more outside of box with her life after something happened in her teenage years. Although what happened is not told to us, I am sure it will be revealed in book 2. She likes who she is when she looks in the mirror. But one encounter with the bad ass tattooed bartender, Pete, “Pisto
BookAngel  Blog
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

The word that comes to mind when I think of this book is interesting. It was good. It was worth reading. I did like it, BUT it was definitely more interesting in what happens and what the characters are thinking.

This book takes place in Australia, which I didn’t get for a bit. There are some words that are used differently than how they are used in the U.S., but I understood all of it. It wasn’t a big deal.

Pistol sounded darker than he actually was. I mean that in context of his work. There is
Kristy
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I stumbled upon this juicy morsal going through my iBooks app, it was free at the time & there was something about it that caught my eye...

Pistol is book 1 in the Banjaxed series... were we meet Steph, an inked Rockabilly chick, who just finished a 2 year relationship with a douche, and we meet Pete (Pistol) an Irish inked hottie, who is drawn to Steph like a moth is to a flame (don't forget the accent).

Max has done an awesome job in writting about an intensely real relationship. It is
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
i have some mixed feelings about this story. at times i felt like there were some important pieces of the story missing - it was almost like our knowledge of certain aspects of the story are assumed.

stephanie is a unique person who obviously has no problem expressing her individuality. she is having trouble coping with what she's discovering is the real her because she is afraid of what her friends/family will think.

when she meets pete and gets to know him, she can finally free the real her. p
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
I LOVE this book! This is a new author to me. I loved romance and suspense so when it is mixed together in the right way a masterpiece is created! This is what we got with Pistol. It is full of action, sexy scenes, suspense, twists, turns, drama, and one alpha male that will make you swoon hard!

This is the story of Pete "Pistol" and Steph. Both are damamged. Both has skeletons in their pasts. Pistol doesn't connect or open his heart to anyone. Well not anyone until he meets Steph. Steph is walki
Ashley Shepard
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Steph’s boyfriend called it quits to their two year long relationship right before New Years Eve. Her best friend and co-worker Cass convinces her to go out with her to get her out of her rut. There she meets the hot bartender Pete, or Pistol as his friends refer to him. From then on she runs into him on her way to a BBQ being held by family friends, and he consumes her thoughts with his piercing blue eyes and colorful tattoos. Pete tries to keep his dark past from Steph, but can’t seem to withs ...more
Scandalous Book Blog
~*~*~2.5 Stars~*~*~

~*~*~2.5 Stars~*~*~

I'm not going to lie I did not like this book, after I read the synopsis I become interested and though it would be a descent read but I was really disappointed with the execution.

The plot and the idea behind it is a good one but when it come to the delivery something was missing, it was a little confusing. It felt empty, I had not commendation to any of the characters. The plot is lacking depth and substance. It needs work.
The sex scene were hot and well
Jackie
Aug 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Gosh, where do I start... This author tends to go down a dark path with the writing from the 2 books I've read. This book was so different, I'm not sure what to say. He's a "bad boy" with a serious obsession for her, I really wouldn't call it love, & he doesn't change and become an over all good guy for the girl like in other books-other than just obsessing over her, the rest of his behavior is still bad-as in he should probably go to jail- sort of way. The girl has such low self esteem & ...more
Twin Opinions
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What an intense read. I couldn't put the book down and I hate how it ended. Major cliff hanger, so I can't wait for the next book! I want Steph and Pete to work out, but man is that a tough one. I'm rooting for them though.

Ok now that my little gushing/rant is over I will get to the book. It is very well written and will keep you on the edge of your seat. I love the bits of witty humor, but there is a darker side. Pete is the perfect bad boy with tats and piercings to go with it. Steph is t
Holly Schaeffer
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sorry but I just can't get past her actions every time. She was drawn to him and initiated things as much as he did yet she always ended it with throwing things in his face, accusing him of the worst because she was afraid of herself and then constantly walked away from him every time he needed her the most. First off she isn't afraid to dye her hair, get tattoos and wear vintage clothing to show her personality but she is afraid of the kind of sex she enjoys? You don't even have to tell anyone ...more
Abbey's Fully Booked
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, that was different. I really enjoyed the messed up story that I just read. Pistol & Steph were just so intriguing as a couple, with Pistol struggling with his past and Steph going through an identity crisis they were just a whole lot of effed up ness!

Back & forth, back & forth, I do, I don’t – that really annoys me in books as I just feel like screaming at the Kindle telling them stop it already so that’s the only thing that I felt let it down for me. However, saying that – af
« previous 1 3 next »

• Troubled Son (Savage Sons Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Ahead of the Darkness (The Darkness, #1)
  • Forbidden (MC Star Crossed Lovers #1)
  • Undercover (Winged Enemy MC, #1)
  • Unsettled (Chrysalis, #3)
  • Angels from Hell: Alpha Bad Boy Biker and MC Romance Box Set
  • Bottom Feeder (Bottom Feeder, #1)
  • Slamming Demon (Pounding Hearts, #2)
  • Defending Pacer
  • Born to Ride (Sons of Chaos MC, #1)
  • The Girl Who Punched Back (Death Fields, #2)
  • Underworld Champions (MC Outlaw, #1)
  • Craving Justice (Sons of Sydney, #1)
  • Open Road
  • Hear No (Hidden Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • Fearless Curves (Fearless Curves, #1)
  • Descendant (Archaic, #3)
  • Drowning in Rapture (Rapture, #1)
Facebook -> http://bit.ly/2F4XrG3
Instagram -> http://bit.ly/2ruERF3
Newsletter -> http://eepurl.com/gchq5z

For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey w

Banjaxed (3 books)