Start by marking “First Love (Oakville Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Love (Oakville Series, #1)

First Love

(Oakville #1)

Six years ago, Amber fled her hometown and family heart broken and humiliated. Now, after walking in on her fiancé holding another woman’s legs in the air and screaming her name, Amber is headed back home to Oakville, ready for a fresh start in the town she’s always loved.
Determined to get back to her life, Amber gets a waitressing job at KC’s Bar & Grille. After
Kindle Edition
Published March 21st 2014 by Kathy-Jo Reinhart

To ask other readers questions about First Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Love

Start your review of First Love (Oakville Series, #1)
Geri Reads
Apr 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
DNF 63% but I did skim towards the end and I know that this one ended on a massive cliffy.

I love a good old second chance romance, which is why I immediately agreed to accept the author's request for a review. The blurb sounded right up my alley. Unfortunately, the execution just fell flat for me. I won't go into the details of why this one didn't work for me except to say that the editing issues, the uninspired prose, the cheesy inner monologues, the lack of depth, and robotic dialogue made m
Lustful Literature
** JOSIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW **

First Love is told in Dual POV’s and I really love that. I love a book that we can get into both the characters mind and get a better idea of what is going on. Kyle and Amber were in love and have been together for a long time. They planned to go off to college and live together, but one night changed everything. Amber walks in on something that devastates her. She was left broken hearted and walked away never looking back. Kyle could not understand what happened to
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars!

Six years ago, Amber fled her hometown, family and love of her life, Kyle, humiliated and with a broken heart. Once again, her life is turned upside down when she walks in on her fiance and another women. She returns home to Oakville for a fresh start and to get her life back.

Taking a waitressing job at KC’s Bar & Grille, Amber becomes friends with Holly, who also helps get her back into a happy routine for several weeks until she finally meets the owner KC. Her new boss is Kyl
Talltree
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

Wow, that wasn't the ending I expected ... I had forgotten it is the first of a series!

This book starts rather slowly, with a lot of description, not dialogue, but it heats up nicely and the pace quickens. There are a number of unanswered questions that have not yet been fully revealed, so I hope the second book is coming soon.

The good news is that some of the secondary characters deserve their story to be told too, so there is ple
Kathy-Jo Reinhart
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

First Love is live On Amazon!!!! I really hope you enjoy it :)

Stacy
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story and fell in love with Amber and Kyle. Actually I fell in love with all the characters. I loved that there was a group of guys, who happen to be band mates, that were so close they were like family. The were tough rockers but they also showed a bit of a soft side. Amber was a tough little lady too. Although at the beginning she was a bit of a brat but she was a young teen who acted like a lot of us might if we were in the same situation. Although she caused a lot of her own pa ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First Love is a great read!! It's told in the dual POVs of Amber and Kyle. I love dual POVs. WE get to getting both Kyle and Amber's heads and see what they are thinking and feeling.

Kyle and Amber are meet fro each other. But one misunderstanding sends Amber fleeing. Six years later she returns home. Kyle has never gotten over her and has use alcohol and women to try to get over her but the didn't work.

Amber gets a job working at KC's Bar and Grille. At the time she doesn't know Kyle owns it.
Candi-
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
Kyle and Amber have their life all planned out together until one horrible misunderstanding shatters both of their worlds. Amber is heartbroken and takes off without a word to Kyle and he is left not knowing what he ever did wrong.

6 long years later Amber has finally come back home. When she decides to get a job at KC's Bar and Grille she doesn't realize who the owner and her boss will be. What will happen when Kyle and Amber come face to face? Both Kyle and Amber have never gotten o
Shaz X
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sharon's Book Nook Blog Review

*Copy of book provided by author in return for an honest review*

First Love is a story that keeps you entertained at the turn of each page. It’s well written and sets a great pace as well as depicting the emotion of the story very well.

It’s narrated via a dual point of view between Amber and Kyle which helps the reader to get to know each character intimately and shows their development as you move through the book. Their relationship is qu
Hooked On Books
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First Love, book 1 of the Oakville Series by Kathy-Jo Reinhart, is about Kyle and Amber, two people who have been in love with each other since they were kids.

Just when they are about to embark on their journey to college, a misunderstanding sends Amber running away without asking questions. She is hurt beyond belief and leaves without any way for Kyle to find her.

Six years go by before Amber finds herself heading back to the town she grew up in. Little does she know, but
Book Hangover
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good Lord this was one of the best books i have read this year! From the beginning Kathy-Jo Reinhart pulls you in and your instantly hooked! In the book you meet two characters Kyle and Amber who at the beginning is what we like to call high school sweethearts, their love for each other is amazing and something we secretly all wish we had! After a misunderstanding, they go their separate ways living lives with only half a heart because their other half is not with them. Fate brings them back tog ...more
Brandy Hope
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amber: the protagonist that believes she was wronged, moved back to her hometown and got a job at a bar & grill, which she didn't know was owned by her ex-boyfriend. Kyle, the hero that just cant get a break in life, every time he turns around the love of his life is slipping through his grasp. Beau the stir crazy antagonist, who is in love with Amber, is delusional and dangerous. I'm not a romance reader, but I was hooked from page 1. I simply loved this book, even though I read the beta ve ...more
Jenna Schmitt
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First love 5 stars
Amber and Kyle were made for each other and in love since they were kids. An unfortunate misunderstanding has them hating eachother, hurting, and separated for 6 years. Once reunited they stronger than ever and more in love than before. These two together make some streamy moments and a love like no other. Sadly jealousy and some crazy exs keep stepping in the way.Unfortunately it turns dangerous and Amber is in harms way and taking every step possible to avoid it the ine
Myra Espino
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperbacks-owned
**Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review**

Wow!! This book is awesome!
One of my favorite books read!!
Amazing! I love the story and the characters.
From the start up to the last, this book held my interest all throughout!

The characters, Amber and Kyle are easy to love and like.
I easily get attached to these two.
I love the chemistry of the characters and the romance build-up are easily felt.
The other characters are also good.
Love them..

Th
Jessica
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won't go into a synopsis of the story? But just say what I liked and didn't about this book.

I really liked the dual view point in this book. I love when you get to see both point of view in a book. At first, I didn't like Amber's character at all. She finds another girl in Kyle's bed and doesn't even confront him. She just hides and runs away. However, I likes that the author showed the character'a growth when a similar situation arises later in life.

Overall, this is a story about
sue
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber vanishes from her home town and Kyle has no idea why or if or what he's done.
He's left devastated.

Then after 6 years Amber returns.

Kyle has been off the straight and narrow since Amber left town, women, drink and drugs.

Now that they are older and wiser, can things change? Will they get together again? Or will the hurt have driven them apart forever?

I'm a bit of a sucker for second chances and so this was a lovely read for me.

Than
Renee at Book Happiness
I was given this book for an honest review. This was a very enjoyable book from beginning to end. This book is a second chance romance. Amber and Kyle were high school sweethearts when a misunderstanding tears them apart. Both try very hard to move on with their lives but it just never really happens. Then they end up back in thier hometown and decide to give it a go.
This was a very good book. The nice thing about this book is that there is more to it than just the romance. There is enough
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
Received an ARC for my honest review

This book had me from the very beginning. Kyle and Amber were what you can truly say that love will conquer all. They both went through some stuff things were missed understood between the two but it all worked out. As I was reading and really getting into the book it had to end and all I could say was that I did not see that coming and now I have to wait very impatiently until the next book comes out.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a really lovely read about second chances.

Amber has run away from her hometown. Hurt by her ex husband she needs to try & move on with her life. However she didn't expect to see Kyle- the reason she left the small town in the first place. Kyle certainly didn't expect to see her.

Really great read. Lovely and easy going I loved reading about these characters and the small town. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Courtney Stephens
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
***Was giving an ARC for an honest review***

This was one of the most awesome books i have read. it kept me on the edge of my seat all through it. I was so not expecting the ending and cant wait for the second book to come out.
Becky
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Was given ARC for an honest review by author

This is the first book by Kathy-Jo Reinhart and she is off to a great start. She has you loving the characters from the beginning of the book and has you hooked until the very end.
Raenene Woodard
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and cannot wait for the next.
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Amber and Kyle have been together since they were kids, but a misunderstanding causes Amber to flee and leave her hometown and everything she loves. She spends six years away, but when she decides to return, will she be ready to confront her past?

Kyle is now a sexy, charming singer with a line of women behind him. Will he and Amber be able to clear the air and work on restoring the love and trust they had all those years ago?

The story had everything to keep me interested
Chelsie
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A True Love Story.....
Amber&Kyle are destined to be together, they are the only people the other has ever loved. One misunderstanding and 6 years later, is the love they once shared enough to forget the past 6 years?
I started reading this the moment I bought it off of amazon, and I couldn't put it down! Kathy-Jo did an absolute amazing job with the story of Amber&Kyle. There love for one another seems so pure and legit, and like NOTHING can ever come between them..
.....
Jamie Baker chrystal
*ARC given by the author in exchange for my honest review*

Kyle and Amber were completely in love until Amber walks into his bedroom and sees a naked girl in Kyle's bed. Without an explanation Amber packs up her stuff and leaves to start a new life. But when it happens to her again with her fiance she decides it's time to go home.

It's been 6 years since she's been back and doesn't know what to expect. She ends up getting a job at KC's Bar and Grille and that's when she run
Mary S
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Kyle Connor!! I enjoyed this read due to a few reasons. Actually many reasons. Kyle Connor being number one!! Amber and Kyle grew up together and both were I love with each other forever. When they are getting ready to go to college, there is a betrayal, and Amber takes off without a word. Kyle's world is shattered. He does what any make does, drowns his sorrows in booze, drugs and women. Amber slowly finds a new life, and fiancée in another city. Where heartache strikes twice. Back home to ...more
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Apr 29, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
Unfortunately, this is a DNF for me. I just couldn't connect with the characters or their situation.

ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review.
Heather
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I love rock star romances so I thought this would be a fun read. When you combine musicians and new adult characters you get a lot of emotion and passion. First Love definitely has that, along with a romantic suspense edge that I wasn't expecting. I was most entertained by the melodrama. I felt like I was reading a soap opera, which was fun.

I do think this book would benefit from additional editing as the verb ten
Paula  Phillips

Seems lately that cheating is a big thing in books that I have read and more often than not, in fact the person who has been accused of the cheating hasn't exactly or in a way they weren't themselves, though in saying that there are some scumbags out there in the big bad world who are cheaters. Amber had her whole life planned, she was going to head to college with her boyfriend Kyle and move in with him and life was going to be swell as they were soul-mates and meant to be or so she thought, wh
« previous 1 3 next »
After growing up in Saranac Lake, a small town in upstate NY, Kathy-Jo Reinhart returned to her birth place and where she spent her summers with her grandparents, St. Petersburg, Florida, after graduating High School. The sub zero climate and piles of snow definitely weren’t a loss, in her opinion, and this is where she still resides with her Husband of fifteen years and their eleven year old son, ...more

Oakville (5 books)
  • Remember Me (Oakville #2)
  • Protect Me (Oakville, #3)
  • Redeem Me (Oakville #4)
  • Love Me (Oakville Series, #5)
“I am starting to think she is the kind of bitch that boils bunnies.” 4 likes
“It feels like I am in the middle of the best dream I have ever had. Promise me, if this is a dream, don't ever wake me up. I have never been this happy, and it is all because of you. - Kyle Connor” 2 likes