Start by marking “Glory” as Want to Read:
Glory

Glory (Dust Chronicles #3)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  668 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Glory is a Deviant. That is what she was always taught, growing up in the domed city of Haven. She has the power to kill with her gaze, but she’s learned to control this power and use it only against the monstrous Shredders, who survive on the asteroid dust that mutated their DNA.

Now living in a settlement Outside, Glory has the chance to embrace her “Gift” and reunite her
Published June 10th 2014 by Skyscape

Elizabeth
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
I had so many issues with Glory; the book and the person. To organize my ramblings, I'm putting everything into a list.

1. Glory's brother Drake goes from saying "hi" to Glory's BFF to boyfriend in one paragraph. No getting to know each other, just flat out dating. Maybe with the dust killing off the population, the picking have become slim.

2. Cal picks out a weakness in the rebels defenses and everyone is, "No one can come that way. There's two mountains with a pass between. No one will ever f
Angela
Jan 07, 2016 marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
7 January 2016: $1.99 on Kindle
Edwina Callan
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing, 2017
This is the final book of The Dust Chronicles trilogy and it didn't disappoint me.
Highly recommended to fans of dystopian books.
Meghan
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this trilogy. There were so many elements within the story that made this a unique dystopian read. I loved Glory and the fact that she was so brave. I liked the fact that although she was much more mature than a normal 16 year old, the author kept the romantic part of the story appropriate as to what a 16 year old should be experiencing. I would definitely recommend this series!
Chris Dunham
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
I really enjoyed this trilogy.
Carla Wood
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

this was a great trilogy and I am sad it ended! I was hooked from the first few pages. I hope another story will come soon from this wonderful author!!!
Kelsea
Glory Glory Glory Glory..... What are we going to do with you. Glory finally made her decision about the whole love triangle thing - slow clap for Glory. But oh my god she is ANNOYING. She is controlling and hypocritical (view spoiler) ...more
_Blues_
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
So its done and I am glad.
I liked this trilogy I had issues with it starting in book 1 and I feel slightly let down.
It was pretty predictable which is okay I guess since most YA books are. What bothered me was the lack of questions answered.
We still don't know why the dust has such an affect on everyone, something I thought surely I would have an answer to, especially after all the talk up and research that was being done in book 2.

I am very confused about the reformed shredders. They are stil
Pam Froman
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this trilogy. It was a unique spin on dystopia. I wish we would have gotten more info about the origins of the dust and why it affected the characters like it did. But it was a fun series.
Sharon Scialo
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance, danger and a great story!

If you want to read a great series this is one you should check out. I enjoyed the first book and the other two. This story has great characters and lots of turns that keep you reading.
Tricia Hungerford
A Must Read!

I am so glad to have found this series on Amazon! I've found a new genre in the writing of Science Fiction and Dystopion imagination and at the age of 71 it's exciting to discover a writer of such imagination and writing skill!
Julie Goetz
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow mind blown, great dystopian book. Shredders, normals, deviants and chosen. Enough said.
Michelle Doering
Aug 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Alright, gonna do something I don't usually do and write out a legit written review. Partially because these books are super low key and also because I have lots to say and I don't want to forget.

Glory is the third and final book in The Dust Chronicles, which catalogs the struggles of our protagonist, aptly named Glory, as she navigates through this dystopian landscape riddled with, you guessed it, killer dust from outer space. It also has an enclosed dome-like society, and people with superpow
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

As much as I enjoyed the previous two books in the series, this last one fell a bit flat. The writing remained consistent but the plot sort of petered and died - and most of the book felt like filler. As well, many of the characters did things that were, well, out of character or simply illogical, mostly to create drama or angst. I was bored through a lot of the flabby middle and then when I woke up at the end, it was ov
Michelle
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
The conclusion was one I hoped would happen and while the first two books spent a good deal in Haven, for the amount of time spent on the Outside I was beginning to think that there was going to be a fourth. Again, this author does a wonderful job of minimizing filler and even more incredible doesn't leave anything unresolved. However, while I commend the story for being complete it didn't feel as edge of your seat thriller-y as the first two for a couple of reasons.

The first and perhaps bigges
Ashleyjo
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it
The author, Maureen McGowan, has a real talent for dystopian world building. Throughout the book, I felt immersed in the dome and in the outside world. She told a few parts, but, for the most part, the world was so vividly constructed for the reader through the actions, thoughts, feelings, and plights of the characters.

I enjoyed all of the characters and felt that the author was able to draw an emotional connection between reader and each of the characters. Glory overthought things sometimes an
Jo Ladzinski
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I have not read a dystopian trilogy in a while in which the last book did not take apart everything the first two were doing so well. The tone and atmosphere of Glory remained consistent with Deviants and Compliance. McGowan has an understanding of who her characters are that I have not experienced in a YA trilogy in a long time. Yes, Glory and pals are put into some mature situations, but since they are all under 18, I did not find an expectation that they need to necessarily be adults and be e ...more
Ashley
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads Firstreads.

Reactions after reading the books in this series:
Deviants-- Exhilarated and Optimistic
Compliance-- Disappointed and Bored
Glory-- Surprised and Happy

I was happy with the way this series ended. Glory finally made some good choices and she made them sooner rather than later. I preferred having a Glory who knew exactly what needed to happen and how to make it happen, to the wishy-washy Glory of the second book who had no idea what the
Veray
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series and am feeling so sad that it is over. The characters have come so far and changed so much as they have traveled through all the trials and problems that they have faced. It was good to see how much Glory has grown and see her more confident in her abilities. For any of you who love Burn you will love him in this book. Even when he did something that seemed so wrong, I knew everything wasn't as it seemed and I felt so bad for him when he thought he had really done the bad thi ...more
Linda C
Glory, her brother, and 3 friends are in futuristic Concord helping to guard the town against attack by the Shredders while the Free Army has gone to free the citizens of Management controlled Haven. When Concord is attacked, Glory saves a female Shredder who seems to have conflicting thoughts about attacking. Glory hopes she can save her by withdrawing her from the addicting dust. This is the concluding volume of a trilogy that continues the story of the struggle to survive and create a life af ...more
Julie
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book didn't have the same action as the festival two. I kept asking when we'd see Glory reconnect with Kalin. I wanted to see that play out in a bigger way. I did enjoy seeing another dude to life outside the dome with the shredders. I reached a point at about 75% where I basically gave up on the idea of Glory getting back into Haven and finishing the task, figuring the author must be saving it for a 4th book. When it finally happened it was just underwhelming. I wanted more. That said this ...more
Rose
While I still liked this installment, I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two. It started feeling a bit preachy. Glory wasn't the great kid we first met. In fact, I didn't care for her so much in the end. The evil Shredders were really just drug addicts who needed help. It really went from interesting premise to standard issue fluffy ending. All the good guys lived, the bad guy was killed and now everyone can come together in one big hug. Bah. Someone really should have been killed off for ...more
Shelli King
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is the last book in the trilogy. I was fortunate enough to win this book in a giveaway given by Goodreads. It is a nice, quick read with strong teenage characters with a compelling storyline.

Glory is a 16 year old girl who is confused by love, desperate to find missing members of her family, protect her friends, and above all to simply BE SAFE in an unsafe world. In all of this, she must learn to master her own 'deviance' - her special gift - while not falling prey to others.

I have purchas
Michelle McPherson
Glory

It would be great to have short stories from characters points of view, such as Cal, Burn, Olivia, even Larsson. It would enhance the story, as it is fast-paced, almost to fast. SPOILER Alert: it also would have been fitting in the end for Burn to have the last of his family, his half brother. It seems like an opportunity missed to show he is not truly alone and that he had forgiven his mother even if it didn't happen till after her death.
Marty Brevik
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More please

I would recommend this series to everyone!!! Absolutely a great read. I hate that you have stopped at three. Is there some reason you can't continue their journey? I would love to see Glory and Burn have children. I would like to follow the progress of the shredders healing. Please give us MORE!!!
Marie
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glory

I loved this book! It was action packed with a strong story line that was developed in the two previous books. I ran the gambit of emotions in this book, sadness, horror, anger and happiness. I would recommend this book ( and series) to anyone over the age of 13. I Loved the ending, but hated that it was over. Great book(s)!!
Gwenyth Love
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Closer to a 4.5.

Just finished it seconds ago. Pretty much as awesome as I hoped. Thank you Maureen McGowan for writing such an amazing series. I don't think I could have been any happier with the way things all went down. Best overall trilogy I have read in quite some time.

Full review to come at a later date.
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is such a satisfying, fun series that seems to be a bit under the radar. If you've enjoy the Darkest Minds series (which I have) or the Divergent trilogy (not my thing), this series will probably appeal to you: lots of action couples with moral and identity type questions.
elaine bennett
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read....

Very good read....

I don't usually write reviews but I have to say this series is one of the best I have read...wish it didn't end...but like all good things it did...
Kathlynn
The book was interesting even though i was confused because it its the third book in a series and i never got a chance to read the first two. i hope to read the first two as soon as possible and make a proper review then.

i won this book through goodreads giveaways.
  • Remalna's Children
  • Twist
  • Ice Song
  • Crimson (Dead World, #3)
  • Withering Rose (Once Upon a Curse, #2)
  • Valley of Fires (Conquered Earth, #3)
  • Children of Scarabaeus (Scarabaeus, #2)
  • Captive Girl
  • Forager (Forager #1)
  • Nocturne
  • Flawed (Perfection, #2)
  • We Install and Other Stories
  • Whisperworld
  • Winter Rose
  • Unbreathable
  • The Stories: Five Years of Original Fiction on Tor.com
  • Moonflower
  • Games of Command
Maureen has always been making up stories, but side-tracked by a persistent practical side, it took her a few years to channel her energy into writing novels. After escaping a previous career in finance and accounting, she hasn't looked back.

Aside from her love of books, she's passionate about films, fine handcrafted objects and shoes.

She lives and writes in Toronto, Canada.
More about Maureen McGowan

Dust Chronicles (3 books)
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles, #1)
  • Compliance (Dust Chronicles, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“But at this moment, for me, family equals safety; Burn equals safety; love equals safety. And if I trust my heart, my instincts, my strength, I know I’ll always be safe.” 1 likes
“Acknowledgments” 1 likes