Start by marking “I'll Always Be Your Friend” as Want to Read:
I'll Always Be Your Friend

I'll Always Be Your Friend

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
No one likes to stop playing when they're having fun. So when Mother fox says its time to go home, her little fox tells her, "I'm not your friend anymore," and scampers off. But as daylight fades and dark shadows loom, little fox starts to have second thoughts.

With his usual keen eye for the range of emotions of young children, Sam McBralney perfectly captures the trust be
Published May 8th 2001 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about I'll Always Be Your Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Always Be Your Friend

Beverly
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks, dogs
3 stars for the sweet, but done-before story; an extra 2 stars for the gorgeous illustrations and wonderful depictions of the foxes.
Aly
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really
Liked it
June
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mothers and children
McBratney deals with a fox getting angry with his mother and saying "I'm not your friend anymore...And I'm not going to be your friend again...ever."

A simple, sweet story of how a fox cub realizes that he still loves his mother even though he was angry with her, and that she will always be his friend.
Hannah Givens
The art is GORGEOUS. The story's good too, I just thought the climax wasn't quite punchy enough.
Candice
Dec 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
Here's a book that can be judged by its cover, a beautifully-rendered baby fox with its mother in the background. The little fox and his mother play games all day long. Adults will see the games as training for the hunting the littlle fox will do when he grows up, but children will see it as running games, sneak-up-and-pounce games, and jump-over-my-shadow games. As the sun begins to set, Mother Fox tells the little fox that it's time to get ready for the night. The little fox is having so much ...more
Mary Anne
A sweet fox and his mom are playing. When mam says it is time to go in for the night little fox gets fresh and tells mom he wont be her friend. As night approaches, little fox isn't so sure he can do without mom after all. Patient mom settles fox in for the night.
Irene Palfy
Really great and detailed pictures and a solid (not very original though) plot.
Junessa
A nice story about a fox who decides he won't be his mother's friend anymore until he gets scared.
Voracious_reader
Jan 18, 2010
Cana
May 11, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
The Northern Ireland native started writing children's books when he was a teacher in his thirties, with the aim of helping out students who had trouble reading. But he continued writing for a more-personal reason: "the act of imagining simply makes me feel good," he says. The fifty-seventh book of Sam McBratney's career, and his first book with Candlewick Press, was the much-loved GUESS HOW MUCH ...more
More about Sam McBratney