Start by marking “Blue Heart Blessed” as Want to Read:
Blue Heart Blessed

Blue Heart Blessed

Left standing at the altar, Daisy Murien, a wounded but hopeful romantic, opens a secondhand wedding dress boutique, hoping to soothe her broken heart while giving doomed wedding dresses a second chance at love. Her predictable days take a sharp turn, though, when the retired Episcopal priest who blesses the tiny, blue satin heart she sews into each dress falls ill. When t ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Blue Heart Blessed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Heart Blessed

Start your review of Blue Heart Blessed
Michelle
Have you ever discovered that you were dating someone you had strong feelings for and they just didn't reciprocate those intense emotions, only to discover that you were more in love with the idea of being in love than with the person you thought you were in love with? If this rings true to you, then you'll want to read Blue Heart Blessed. Susan Meissner has done it again with this book and created a masterful tale of love and loss, healing and hope, and what to do with the hole in our hearts th ...more
Melissa
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Woman left at the altar starts a shop for 2nd hand wedding gowns. Touching story.
Dawn Jesson
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was funny & quirky & delightful. Susan Meissner is such a talented author. Her characters are never samey same☺️ ...more
Lisa
Jun 22, 2009 rated it liked it
This author has a very interesting and entertaining writing style. However, I don't think she did a great job with her character development on this book. So while it's entertaining, it's not super deep or thought provoking. So if you're looking for an easy, interesting read, I recommend it. If you want something deeper, skip this one.

By the way, it's about a girl turning 30 who is trying to find the guy of her dreams. The main theme is not of interest ot me, so I almost didn't read it.

The aut
Jenny
May 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Blue Heart Blessed is an emotional love story of two people who have been hurt by others, only to come together and discover how great love can be the second time around. I enjoyed reading this book.There was one thing that I started skipping in this book, that was when the main character started writing in a note book to her self, and would send messages back to her self. I would still recomend this book to be read.
Just - The romance reader
Apr 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a good love story
This book was a real tear-jerker for me. But sometimes a good cry is not a bad thing, so I loved the book. The relationships that you watch the main character form and strengthen are really touching. I love the reason for the book's name, which is of course discovered as you read. Susan Meissner is a great writer.
LibraryLaur
Dec 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
Well-written, interesting enough to keep me engaged...but why must a girl's broken heart always be fixed by the love of a man? That's not entirely fair, as in this book Daisy does seek healing in God's love, but for once I'd like there to be a happy ending without a romance. Call me crazy.
Sandy
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
After being Jilted at the altar Daisy struggles to "get over it".

I really like Susan Meissner. Engaging plot without any questionable content. I don't read much in the adult fiction arena for that reason but with Susan Meissner it isn't a concern.
Susan Vance
This book blessed my heart. The characters became real as the story unfolded. The struggles of the people in the book to grow and change were interesting. I smiled, I cried, I was happy when things worked out.
Peggy
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not sure I'll be finishing this one. Picked it up by mistake at the library.

Well, I did finish it, and that is all I have to say.
Sara
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-z-2016, read-2016
"Time isn't what heals all wounds, Harriet. It's love that heals". Another wonderful book by Susan Meissner.
Colleen
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Blue Heart Blessed is a portrayal of a young woman who has been left at the alter. Of course she is devastated, confused and hurt. She cannot part with her unworn dream wedding dress which leads her to opening a store for wedding dresses that are either used or, like hers, were never worn at all. Her dress remains on display but with no sales tag. The timing of all of this is a bit contrived and unrealistic but perhaps is necessary to tell the story. It is set in Minneapolis so that is always in ...more
Debbie
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was ok

Unlike Meissner's other books I have read, this book was very specific in its references to God, prayer, Christian spiritual influences in the protagonist's life, etc. All of her books have been very clean and I have felt comfortable recommending her writing, however this book may not be for everyone.

Very clean, sweet love story but of all the Susan Meissner books I've read (nine total), this was my least favorite story line. I do look forward to reading her new book, "A Bridge Across
Deirdre Andrews
I had previously read Ms. Meissner’s “The Last Year of the War”, so I was expecting something deeper than this book, which is very chick-lit. It does tell a sweet story and the main character is very endearing. I also liked the emphasis on prayer. However, in general, it’s a thin tale and some of the characters are not too well-developed. Having said all this, I look forward to trying another of the author ‘s works, because I know she has the talent to create something much meatier.
Abbie
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story will stir your heart

Wow! To think I almost stopped reading this story. A refreshing romance written with a unique voice that I admit took a bit to get used to, and I am glad I did. This book sends a message of God's love that resonates with the climax of the story; few authors can do that with success and that's why I'm giving this book an exceptional rating.
Karen Gemind
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute little story with a happy ending. I liked the characters, even Harriet. But it seemed that the letters to Harriet were repetitious of the previous narrative. And that got a little monotonous for me.
That said, this is the 3rd book I've read of Susan Meissner and I will be starting Secrets of a Charmed Life this afternoon. I like her style and stories, and the absence of vulgarity.
Jan Robinson
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meissner is one of my favorite authors. This was not my favorite book. The story line is great, but it was the letter writing back and forth from the main character to herself that threw me off. Could have even been something as simple as the font of the letters. Found myself wanting to skip the parts where her inner self gave her advise.
Marcia
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The trials and tribulations of romance

I’d heard raves about the author’s books and wanted to see for myself. While at first it felt like a silly romance novel I grew to enjoy the characters and setup of the story. There’s a lot of feeling about god in the story that is comforting.
Alice
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a funny, clean romance. My only critique is that the author just ends the book. Something feels like it's missing at the end. Everything is resolved in the story, but it doesn't feel that way.
Kathleen Cochran
This is not the one of Meissner's to read. Secrets of a Charmed Life and Fall of Magnolias are both so much better. As a writer myself, I understand you have works that serve to develop you as a writer. This was one for Susan. Move on to her better works.
Mary Teigen
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not want to like this book but the characters became so real to me. Once I got involved I could not put it down.

This author does not ever disappoint me. A jilted bride does not seem that interesting to me at face value but she takes me into her world lock stock and barrel.
Melanie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not one of my favorites by Susan Meissner, because there is only one story line. I prefer books with multiple characters and stories going on at the same time.

But the "Harriett" sections are cute and I liked the references to movies with wedding scenes.
Carolyn Tye
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book was a page turner and a delightful break from a longer book I'd been reading. I didn't like the part about her writing to an imaginary dear Harriet, and having her answer the journal as Harriet. It just seemed a little weird.
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wonderful little love story. This book, which might be dismissed as a "beach read" by some, offers thoughtful wisdom from the main character's inner voice.

For me, a perfect book for these troubled times.

Kristen
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Quick romance style beachy read. Didn't really think it was that interesting. Disappointing, considering I enjoyed "Secrets of a Charmed Life" and "A Fall of Marigolds"...
Stephanie
Mar 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-books
Biggest waste of my time. Sorry I finished it.
Melodie Graber
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book. It wasn't my favorite of Susan Meissner but still a good read.
Sally Westfall
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Gave it up. Too slow.
Lydia Lewis
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not typical fare for me, but it is charming and enjoyable.
Kristin
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s a simple read with a beautiful message.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Picnic in Provence: A Memoir with Recipes
  • This Won't End Well
  • The Wedding War
  • The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • The Wish List of Albie Young
  • Good Hope Road  (Tending Roses #2)
  • Promise Me This
  • In Vital Harmony: Charlotte Mason and the Natural Laws of Education
  • The Dating Charade
  • The Star and the Shamrock
  • The Awakening
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • The Jane Austen Society
  • Amy Foster
  • The Last Telegram
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
Susan Meissner was born in San Diego, California, the second of three. She spent her childhood in just two houses.
Her first writings are a laughable collection of oddly worded poems and predictable stories she wrote when she was eight.

She attended Point Loma College in San Diego, and married her husband, Bob, who is now an associate pastor and a chaplain in the Air Force Reserves, in 1980. When sh