Start by marking “Eight Days a Week” as Want to Read:
Eight Days a Week

Eight Days a Week

Gwen Stone has secrets she’s not ready to reveal. After a recent promotion at work, she needs a caretaker for her children. She’s frenzied and in a lurch and pretty much ready to hire the first person who comes along. So she does.

Andrew Lyons needs to get out of his sister’s apartment, and a Craigslist posting may be the answer to his prayers. But what he thought was an ad
Published November 6th 2014 by The Writer's Coffee Shop

Brandi
description

Andrew Lyons is a 25 year old kid. After blowing part of his inheritance, he finds himself crashing on his sisters sofa. Luckily for him, all he has to do is find a job to receive the rest. When a Craigslist ad catches his eye, he jumps all over it.

"I'm going to be a live-in nanny for a couple of kids."

It doesn't hurt that he is attracted to the kids mom, Gwen. As Drew settles into his new position, caring for 7 year old Bree and 4 year old Brady, he realizes he is missing some vital informat
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 stars

Andrew accepts a job offer as a nanny. Thing is he has no clue where to start.

Positives? I liked the Manny logs, there was a few fun moments and the kids were cute. Negatives? His junk aka Don got on my nerves, it was "Don this and Don that" It seriously put me off. Add in the fact that I wasn't feeling the romance I almost DNF.

Minus the Don talk, Andrews POV was quite entertaining. Gwen was a bit frustrating but I've read worse than her *cough* Tweet. Anyways wasn't great wasn't bad. Im
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
”Love doesn’t have an end, or a time frame. It’s not nine to five – not just a few days a week. Love works overtime. Every day. Even on weekends. And one extra day to prove it’s real.”

description

This story is told completely in an all-male pov of Drew Lyons. Drew is an immature twenty-five year old guy who answers a Craig List ad for an apartment which happens to be included in a nanny position for a seven year old girl named Bree and her brother Brady, who is four. Living with his big successful sister
Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading
2-2.5 Disappointing Stars

I was really excited when I started this one. The premise was unique and after seeing all these people in GR loving it, I had to read it.
Bad fucking idea. Especially for my second read of the year.

I didn't connect with the characters at all. In the extent of, I don't even know how the MC looks like. And who the fuck Ian is or why does he have a kid hanging aroung him all the time?
I just.. don't.

Can someone please explain the romance to me? Cause I know there was lust.
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“WTF? I am so tired I can’t see straight. Kids have no bedtime in the summer? Screw that shit. I’ll enforce it—if not for them, then for me. I want to pass out by eight now , which is uncool because the sun is still out. Can you give children melatonin? Or is Benadryl still the go-to?”

A true surprise, a book I could not put down, and truly did not want it to end—this is the kind of story that stays with you and pops into your head every time a Hyundai hatchback drives by, or a children’s sho
Glass
Sep 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

The Nanny Diaries meets Uptown Girls meets Raising Helen. But instead of a girl as a nanny, you have 26 years old guy who still acts like a kid.

Eight Days a Week is second novel written by Amber L. Johnson that I've read so far. Just like Puddle Jumping, this book is more on the fluff side regardless of how serious topic is. That is no issue at all because this is one of those stories that should make you feel good after you finish reading them. Unfortunately, it has few things that could have
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

Hero: 8/10
Humour: 6/10
Hotness: 5/10
Romance: 8/10
Extra book Details: Hero POV; 1st person. Approx 190 pages. Standalone.

'After a recent promotion at work, Gwen needs a caretaker for her children. She’s frenzied and in a lurch and pretty much ready to hire the first person who comes along. So she does.

Andrew needs to get out of his sister’s apartment, and a Craigslist posting may be the answer to his prayers. But what he thought was an
Jeanne
Sep 13, 2014 added it
Shelves: netgalley
No rating, dnf.

I loved Ms. Johnson's book Puddle Jumping, and would enthusiastically recommend it. I've tried a couple times to read this one, and unfortunately it just isn't my cuppa. I often love male POV's, but this guy is more than I can deal with. I don't feel that the book is bad, it just isn't for me, which is why I'm choosing not to rate it.

Sorry! Arc was provided by Netgalley.
Mistress
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amber Johnson does it again! Each of her books are so different. She is such a well-rounded author. I would read anything she ever writes. I fell in love with Andrew, in this book, and loved reading about his journey-his growth from his immature, self-absorbed ways to the selfless, caring man he became. This book made me laugh-out-loud until people stared. The references to the kid shows cracked me up! This story made my pulse quicken, gave me heart pangs, and made me cry. Eight Days a Week made ...more
Michelle
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Andrew needs to find a job. He needs to leave the couch at his sister’s place. Never in a million years did he expect to find just what he needed on craigslist.

The free apartment was a sweet deal and although he didn’t really want to be a nanny, working for Gwen had its perks. She was hot. Maybe he could get the apartment, watch the rug-rats and get in her pants all at the same time. Who better to play with kids than a man-boy that still had quite a bit of growing up to do?

Gwen needs help. Her j
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
description

‘What would Tony Danza Do?’

J&G: If you’re looking for a heart-warmingly funny book that will give you the warm and fuzzies, then look no further than Eight Days A Week.

‘What was it about this woman that made me want to take her upstairs and run a bath for her? Brush her hair and hum her to sleep?’

Our hearts swelled! We loved this story and found ourselves constantly texting each other funny lines throughout and discussing the story through ahhh’s and giggles after finishing.

Despite a couple
Polly
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I needed something light, funny, and steamy and that's exactly what this was!

Loved it!
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 18, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
I loved Puddle Jumping so I'm looking forward to this one too!!! Coming this Fall (November 6).

Andrew Lyons has been running from responsibility his entire life. Returning home after a couple years abroad, he finds himself jobless and living in close quarters with a sister he can barely tolerate. At her request, he searches for a job on Craigslist, but finds a room for rent instead. Or so he thinks.

Gwen Stone is in a lurch. With a new promotion at work and two young children at home, she’s in
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

‘What would Tony Danza Do?’

Despite a couple
Vivian Jane ✯
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review!**
*Quotes may differ upon publication*
5 DADDY-DEE STARS!

GWEN & ANDREW

"Where have you been all my life?"
"I guess I was waiting for you to find me..."
Andrew, a teenager stuck in a twenty-five year olds body, meets Gwen an overly stressed twenty-seven year old with two kids. Andrew sees an ad looking for a nanny, so he automatically assumes that the job will be easy, plus it came with perks--it included a roof above his head, a salary, and
Rachel
Overall rating: 4 Manny Stars!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

My review:

This is one of those books that is low angst and low drama with very cheesy cuteness. If you don't like that kind of a book, then don't read it. I happen to LOVE those books, so I had to pick this up STAT - throw in the single parent aspect and I was SOLD!

Gwen is
Natasha Carrere
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review

What's not to love about this book; I loved it from beginning to end. Andrew starts off with being a childish man and Gwen is just trying to get through the days raising the children.

I loved reading the relationship that grew between Andrew and the children Brady & Bree and in the end that is what helped him to grow up himself.

The building of Andrew and Gwen's relationship is filled with some sexy times that make you earn to meet Don yourself; but the two of them definitely make the
Dianne
Leave your “reality check” button at the door, clear your mind and keep a few tissues on hand, as Amber L. Johnson gives you the funhouse version of growing up, gaining responsibility and learning to think of others first. Eight Days a Week, told through a man-child’s POV will put you in tears, mostly from laughter, but also from some truly innocent and heart-warming moments. Heat, humor and heart, it’s all in there, just dying to come gushing out as soon as you open the book!

Stricken deeply wit
Amanda Black
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really had a blast reading this book. I think Amber Johnson has created her own genre of... erotic comedy? Is that a thing? Well if it wasn't before, it is now. I laughed my ass off through so much of this story.

This is actually told from Andrew's POV, which was a nice surprise and a pleasant change. We get to see inside the mind of a totally adorkable goofball while he finds himself falling in love and feeling like a grown up for the first time in his life. The story starts with Andrew crash
monica ♪
5 “Manny” Stars

description

Amber L. Johnson is a brilliant author! I really love all of her books. At least from all the books of hers I ever read none of them that disappointed me. good

This book is has a unique theme. I’ve never read and never even know that Manny (Man Nanny) exists.
This book is soooo funny I laughed a lot reading this.

The other books of Amber L. Johnson I ever read are all Young Adult, so I didn’t find any sexy scenes in those books, but in this book we still can enjoy the sexiness too. If y
Kristine GPI Bookblog
Andrew Lyons has been flitting through life always coasting from one thing to another one, currently living on his sisters couch, when he stumbles across the perfect job, home and board provided, a hefty wage and his only tasks is to care for two children during the day. Seems to good to be true, until slowly small things become apparent, all of a sudden Gwen Stone seems to be hiding secrets.

I didn't have any expectations walking into Eight Days A Week, I'd been told it was light and funny but
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-edits
Laugh-out-loud story about a guy who goes to look at a room to rent and discovers it comes with a job - that of live-in nanny to two damaged kids. So Andrew Lyons accidentally becomes the "manny". Written in his POV, this book chronicles his hilarious escapades as he looks after and grows to love Bree and Brady, and his employer, Gwen. His pranks and spot-on observations about kids' TV shows had me giggling, but there were a few serious moments worthy of a sniffle as well. The star of the show m ...more
Sharon
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Daddy Dee stars! Wonderful story of a guy that needs a job and a place and somehow ends up in love and acting as a manny for a sweet family. There is a tragedy that leads two twenty-somethings to true love by way of two sweet kids. Bree and Brady are adorable. This story is both sweet and funny. Dee is an amazing guy. Gwen is working hard to care for the kids and adapt to their new normal. I loved how everything came together and how much love they share.
Elodie
Jan 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
1. Everything was rushed.

2. The discussions between the two MCs were ridiculous. The way they interacted with each other was the total opposite of realistic.

3. The kids were the most interesting thing in this book. The kids! I actually would have kept reading just for them, if I hadn't been SO annoyed and grossed out by the way the MCs were behaving !

R.E. Hargrave
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-received
This is my first time reading Ms. Johnson's work, but it will not be my last. *ponders how to find time to read copy of Beatless mocking me from my bookcase*
Seriously, people, if you like a feel good story with a creative cast of characters, you can't go wrong with Eight Days a Week. It'll make you laugh, cry, and root for the little guy. Or, erm, not so little . . . sorry, Don.

***Full review to come Nov 6, 2014 at www.rehargrave.com as part of Blog Tour
Martyk
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun!! Many laugh out loud moments. I loved all of it. It reminded me how insane children's programming really is! Oh and Andrew? Yep new book boyfriend!!
Weng
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
3/5.0 starts

All together now! ♪ M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E ♬

I had a ball over this unexpected NA book because, as I so often babysit for my niece and nephew, I found I could easily identify with how I now have an extensive knowledge of every kids show worth watching and an array of theme songs I could easily sing along with to boot.

A manny is a male(man) nanny. Andrew Lyons just happened to end up in the business of 'mannying' because desperate times call for desperate measures. It's what we call i
 Lori (Ficwishes)
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Once again, Amber L. Johnson has found a way to twist humor and heat into a beautiful story that touched me deeply.

Andrew Lyons needs a place to live and a job. Without a job, he won't be able to access his inheritance, and he is tired of living with his perfect sister. Andrew answers an ad for a room, but ends up getting offered a nanny job instead. Normally, taking care of kids wouldn't be his thing, but one l
Punya Nayak
This book actually makes me question if this was written by the same author who wrote Puddle Jumping, a masterpiece of a book. I was really excited when I started this one. The premise was unique and I absolutely adore Puddle Jumping.

I couldnt connect with the characters at all. there were too many trivial supporting characters that it was just hard to keep track of them. It was too rushed and ugh... just plain awful. The romance was plain and it was not working. There was lust, a LOT of it.I me

• The Righteous and the Wicked
  • Caught in the Middle
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • Innocence (A Forbidden Love, #1)
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Living Backwards
  • Live-In-Position
  • Over the Edge
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Under These Restless Skies
  • The Inspiration (Work of Art, #1)
  • An Unplanned Life (Unplanned, #2)
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Grave Refrain
  • The Plan
  • Rue Toulouse
  • Cure For Pain
“Brady was staring at me from across the table. Unmoving. Unblinking. Not speaking. It was like an old Western. The house was too quiet as I stared back at him. He was winning this contest. And I’d had no idea we were even in one to begin with. Break, kid. Break” 4 likes
“Huh? What did I promise?”
“Fowevew,” he said with a nod, like it was final.
“Exactly.”
We stared at each other, and it reminded me of my first day, when he stared me down like a mute gunslinger.”
3 likes