Start by marking “Demain j'arrête!” as Want to Read:
Demain j'arrête!

Demain j'arrête!

Et vous, quel est le truc le plus idiot que vous ayez fait de votre vie ? Au début, c'est à cause de son nom rigolo que Julie s'est intéressée à son nouveau voisin. Mais très vite, il y a eu tout le reste : son charme, son regard, et tout ce qu'il semble cacher... Parce qu'elle veut tout savoir de Ric, Julie va prendre des risques de plus en plus délirants... Un succès sur ...more
Audiobook
Published January 14th 2014 by Audiolib (first published February 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Demain j'arrête!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demain j'arrête!

Lily
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My feelings while reading the book :

Well, here my Review
Shanu
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As someone said "a reader should judge the book, not the author". Well, it's a shame for this book because i somehow developed a form of sympathy for the author whereas the book itself left me hanging. This book wants to be funny, and it works for the first chapters but when you realize that there won't be much more to that, you'll start to get bored. This book has a very thin plot so i couldn't care much about the story, hence my poor rating.

Now, on with some positives points : i read the "than
Bohdana Muzyka
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, lightweight but somehow a deep story. It makes you laugh, it makes you sad, it makes you live this story together with the author. The bright characters, a good humor and an interesting plot will keep you anxious till the end. A perfect reading for the hot August nights.
Celia
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, 2018
This was a cute and funny read perfect to read on the beach.
I also partly liked it as the story takes places around a bakery I loved going to as a young teenager.
Sandra Lensen
Nice, though I had expected more of it. The book is marketed (at least here in Spain) as being extremely funny. I would not highlight that as the book's strongest feature. If a book could be a typical Sunday-afternoon-feel-good-movie, this would be it.
Julie
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, yet easy to forget book!

I read it during a vacation, and I must say it was the perfect book to accompany lazy sunny days. Likable and quirky characters, with a plot less straight-forward than it seems at the beginning! I really enjoyed it.

Lovely, feel-good book!
Vanessa
Had some laugh-out-loud moments.
Thu Huong
this book made me smile every second i read it. but just in the first part.. yeah.. then nothing special.
Evangelia Kasmetli
funny and easy to read
Mimmi
Feb 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stopped reading it, as it was terribly sexist and cliché and dumb and annoying.
Dasha Grebenyuk
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to say 'thank you' to my friends who handed over this book to me as a New Year's present =)) It was a light and relaxing read! Love you, girls =***
Ameth
Jun 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here you can find my review in french on my blog https://plumedamethyste.wordpress.com...
Aurelie
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, funny story, lot of good laughs.
Ana 407
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
funny, witty, good for those who want to learn french expressions
Morgan Patterson
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Girly story, not hugely involved in terms of plot but entertaining and worth the read to relax
Alla Alex
Funny, amusing. I thought it was a woman who wrote this book. Well, I was surprised. And I wish I could just drop it all and start working at bakery.
Arte_theBooklover
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was so cute and ridiculous <3
Lia
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Throughout the history, we will follow the madness and desvairios of Julie, trying to conquer Ric, as he is known in the neighborhood and at the same time trying to unravel the great mystery that surrounds him. For this she will make use of unimaginable tricks, nothing plausible, will put her friends in several stolen and will only be satisfied to find out everything, even if that has to create the chaos where he lives.

In addition to these main characters, we have a gang of funny, crazy, interes
Gillian
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very funny! I loved this story, full of great characters in a (generally) feel-good community. From the outset - a question posed in the midst of a divorce party - we are set up to expect an act of stupidity and are not disappointed. A great read.
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
3.5 - very entertaining but why do these French female characters always have to be batshit crazy?!
The obsessive behaviour was amusing on the surface, but at the same time, she should have been hospitalised...
Bref - sympa, rigolo, mais aussi, ridicule !
Pat
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much fun! I think Walter Mitty, but somehow the image of Bridget Jones keeps popping up. Julie is crazy sweet and Ric is very mysterious, but the bottom line seems to be the tender attitude of Gilles Legardinier.
Ray
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good, even though a bit bonkers story full of positive feelings. Not the best from the author but still a pleasure to read.
Everlark101199
it was ok. nothing special. in a way weird but it was funny and I mean different way funny
Venitta Nohra
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute light read
Lila
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally relaxing, heart warming and with an original plot! Much enjoyed!
Long
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bookboy
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014, comedy
Let me tell you about the most stupid thing I ever did…

So begins the story of Julie, a young woman in a dead end job, whose chance encounter with her new neighbour’s name on his post box pushes her into taking more and more insane risks in an attempt to meet him. From spending days pressed to her peephole to organising a heist, Julie’s insane imagination will lead her into more and more extreme situations. All in the order to answer the one question we all wish we could find the answer to: for
Kim Ibara
I like the premise of this story: the ups and downs of the search for love, told through the eyes of a young woman who has had more downs than ups. The tone is playful, the style (although tiresome after awhile) is interesting in that we get to "hear" what the protagonist thinks before reading what she actually says, and the characters are colorful and well defined. However, by the end I was rushing to finish as the plot twists became more and more ridiculous. By the end I found myself not reall ...more
Hanna
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hanna by: Fati
Shelves: in-french
This book starts out slightly crazy and then takes the road to full blown insanity. Julie is the kind of person you want to hug and smack on the head at the same time. She's obsessive in the most endearing way, someone you'd like to have as a friend and who deserves to be happy without all the complications of life. Of course, that's not to be. Julie is one of those people who are inherently good, with a heart of gold, but a mind full of twisted logic. She does the kind of things most of us have ...more
Malfana
This book is like a huge success in France. So I decided to give it a try (my cousin lend me the book so why not).

I did like it. It has lots a funny moments, the characters are really loveable. And some the main character's journey reminded me a lot of my own.
And to know this book was written by a man... Really impressive. Maybe he was a woman in a past life.

So why only 2 stars if I liked it. Well I liked it, not loved it. Everyone kept telling me how amazing it was. It wasn't amazing at all.

• S hlavou v oblacích (pejru)
  • Rage de dents (Maeve Regan, #1)
  • Les anges ont la dent dure (Felicity Atcock, #2)
  • 13 à table !
  • Le parfum du bonheur est plus fort sous la pluie
  • Türkisgrüner Winter (Kirschroter Sommer, #2)
  • The Parisian's Return
  • The Lying Game
  • Les Cendres de l'oubli (Phænix, #1)
  • Les Enchantements d'Ambremer (Le Paris des Merveilles, #1)
  • L'instant précis où les destins s'entremêlent
  • Pandablues (Charlotte Sander, #2)
  • La Célibataire
  • Quelqu'un d'autre
  • In dieser ganz besonderen Nacht
  • Once Upon a List
  • Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Tom, petit Tom, tout petit homme, Tom
“Je ne sais pas pour vous mais, au début de ma vie, il n'y avait que deux sortes de personnes dans mon univers : celle que j'adorais et celles que je détestais. Mes meilleurs amis et mes pires ennemis. Ceux pour qui je suis prête à tout donner et ceux qui peuvent aller crever. Ensuite on grandit. Entre le noir et le blanc, on découvre le gris. On rencontre ceux qui ne sont pas vraiment des amis mais que l'on aime quand même un peu et ceux que l'on prend pour des proches et qui n'arrêtent pas de vous planter des couteaux dans le dos.” 12 likes
“Tu es à l’âge où tu ne dois pas regarder la météo pour faire ce dont tu as envie. Ce sont les vieux qui regardent la météo avant de sortir.” 6 likes