Start by marking “Keep Me Safe (Slow Burn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Keep Me Safe (Slow Burn, #1)

Keep Me Safe

(Slow Burn #1)

A sizzling story of a woman who risks her life and her heart to find a wealthy man’s missing sister — the first novel in a sexy new romantic suspense series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Maya Banks.

When Caleb Devereaux's younger sister is kidnapped, this scion of a powerful and wealthy family turns to an unlikely source for help: a beautiful and sensitive woman
Published October 7th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me Safe, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Victoria
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Laura the Highland Hussy
review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

ETA: There is a spoiler (marked) in the comments. Trigger Warning for rape and abuse. Just a heads up in case it's not something you want to read

1.5
I don't even think it's worth the "it's ok" rating. This is 1.5 stars

Ramie was the weakest heroine I've ever come across. Ever. I get that's sort of the point-that she's broken, and scared, and weak right now, but the only strength I ever see in between her whispering and crying, was when it was time to play the
Kristen
1 Star

I can't believe I'm giving one of Maya Banks books such a low rating but this book was awful. The characters were unlikable, the plot ridiculous, and the HEA eye-rollingly unbelievable. I adore this author but this was not her best work.
Sabrina
May 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal

I'm a big fan of Maya Banks' romantic suspense book, and when I saw that she did a paranormal series I knew it was going to be kick ass. Keep Me Safe lived up to most of my expectations, but not all of them.

I liked the plot and the story kept me very intrigued in the beginning. I had an insane need to know what would happen between Ramie and Caleb so I couldn't put this book down. I just can't help it, I'm a sucker for a damsel in distress kind of book sometimes.

The suspense aspect of the book
Shawna
1 star – Romantic Suspense

This was over-the-top ridiculous. I didn’t feel the romance between the H/h, and after suffering so much abhorrent abuse and violence, their (view spoiler) seems impossible and totally unbelievable...even for Romancelandia. I’m surprised to be giving a Maya Banks book a 1-star rating, but this was just bad.
XxTainaxX
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Listened to this on audiobook while at work :) While I felt this was well written, I struggled with the heroine's doormat tendencies. I get that not all female leads will be strong, independent, kick@$$ heroines, but they should have something that says she WANTS the hero more than NEEDS him. I felt at the end of the story that this poor woman was doomed to an asylum or she would off herself of the hero, Caleb, didn't step back into her life. It was kind of sad. I've never felt that for a charac ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not really much to it, sugary sweet and cheesy. A perfunctory effort by an author who has been writing long enough to do better. Not particularly suspenseful or romantic. Another one of Banks chest beating "mine" alpha heroes and Insta-love stories, with a side order of psychic 'woo-woo' a la Shea in the KGI series. (That went over the top ridiculous at the end of the book). A group of brothers running a security firm. Remind you of KGI? Yeah; it was the Kelly brothers in a fortified mansion in ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Paperback Giveaway - > HERE

5 Sexy Suspenseful Stars!!!

Well, this little gem came out of NO WHERE. I loved Keep Me Safe. I really did. I’ve always been a fan of Maya Banks. She’s one of the first authors I picked up when I started to read new adult. I think after that, I never looked back.

Keep Me Safe was nothing what I expected. It was suspenseful with a paranormal twist and the romance will make any book reader happy.

Ramie is sort of a physic. She can tap into people’s minds by touching anyt
Skyden
Oct 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
I am so utterly disappointed in this book. This is not the Maya Banks I know and love. Right from the start the writing was horrible. I felt like I was reading bad fan fiction or something. Honestly, this is more reminiscent of the quickly spun off tales you find with ebook only authors. The premise was interesting enough to snag my attention but what I've read so far (and I put it down half through to never pick up again) is crap. Just utter crap. The whole psychic hunting a psychic killer has ...more
Dayla
Short review first appeared on my blog: Book Addict 24-7

I received a copy via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Keep Me Safe is the first Maya Banks novel I've ever read and I'm thinking that if her other novels are like this one, then I'm probably not going to read anything else by her. While the idea of the novel is pretty cool and promising, the characters are predictable, annoying, and way too dramatic, the romance is forced, obsessive, and too instant, and the storyline was rushed a
Alex is The Romance Fox
The 1st book in Maya Banks Slow Burn Series.

This was such a disappointment - nothing excited me!!!

I found the characters totally unlikeable.........the heroine is a total wimp...always whining and moaning. The hero....let me not start!!! This is the most controlling and irritating man ever!!! The whole thing of feeling "bad" because he caused the heroine so much pain.........pleeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz.....

The plot....so over the top and totally unbelievable.

I am not convinced about this series. Maybe I
Julie
Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks is a 2014 Avon publication.

Maya Banks is an author I have heard so much about, but for some reason I have only read a handful of her books. So, when it came to my attention that the fourth installment in the ‘Slow Burn’ series is due out later this month, I thought I would catch up on the series as quickly as possible before the new book is released. I was excited to see why this author is so popular, and was hoping to find a new romantic suspense series to follow.

Ho

Romance Rating ~ 2.5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 3 Stars
Ending ~ 2 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 2.5 Stars

Keep Me Safe started out really good. I liked the direction the story line was going and loved that it was creepy. Then the story took a backwards slide and it took sometime before it picked back up.

I thought Caleb was a good character, but I found it hard to believe that he fell in love with Ramie so f
Penny
Actual rating 1.5 stars

I can't say I enjoyed this book. I wasn't interested in the story or the characters.
♥Rachel♥
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ramie St. Clair has a special psychic gift or curse as Ramie sees it, to locate people. Unfortunately, when she uses her gift it costs her emotionally and physically because Ramie feels everything the victim does, as though it happened to her.

Caleb Devereaux is a desperate man. His sister, Tori has been abducted by a madman and Ramie is his only hope of finding her in time. When he finally locates Ramie, he forces his sister’s pain on her not knowing what her ability costs her, and he’s horrifi
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
ARC provided by the Publisher, via Edelweiss, in exchange for an honest review.

Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks was not what I was hoping for or expecting from a writer of her caliber.

Keep Me Safe is book one in the new romantic suspense trilogy The Slow Burn Series. This series features a group of brothers running a security firm and trying to find their kidnapped sister. Caleb Devereaux is determined to bring psychic in to help their search.

Ramie has a gift that wears on her soul. Once Caleb tricks
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ever lost something and wish you had a way to find it again? What if a person is able to locate missing people just through a touch? In the a new series from Ms. Banks, Ramie is able to help find a missing person by touch. Sometimes wondrous gifts contain a negative flip side. For Ramie, the flip side is she connects with the missing person and experiences what they feel and more. If the people are merely deadbeat fathers skipping out on alimony or child support, it may not be the worst thing. U ...more
sparklyunikorn
RD: Oct. 7, 2014.
Victoria

DNF at 70%

I should admit that I'm in the process of breaking up with Maya Banks. It's like breaking up with an old friend that you've had good times with but now just don't enjoy, it can be hard. I keep going back expecting to capture the earlier magic but each time, I find no magic.

I never intended to read Keep Me Safe because, well, me and Maya are on a break. But when the title popped up as available at my library I figured I'd download it and give it a try, for old times sake. I normally do
Angela
Dec 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Tried multiple times to get into this book, but just couldn't.
Vickie***
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
3.5/5

I read this book without reading the negative reviews in fear that it could affect my thoughts on the overall book.

I'm pretty sad to give this book low ratings, it did have a lot of potential. The side characters just pissed me off a lot though.

Ramie is a psychic, and having such useful powers is beneficial for solving criminal problems, but it's really bad for her. when Ramie touches something belonging to a victim, she becomes the victim. She feels their emotion, get the same injuries, an
LuvLaw
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is my first Maya Banks book:

I found it to be quite different... is it erotica? Is it Paranormal? Is it truly romance? Yea it is a Romantic novel with a different twist along the story :)

Erotica? I am not so sure O_o

The main star cast:

photo KeepMe_zps9b757e6a.jpg

At the start of the book we find Caleb who is in search of Ramie to save his sister who has been Kidnapped by a psychotic guy.

Ramie is a gifted person who with a victims clothes can feel and has connection not only with what happens to that particular victim
Keep Me Safe is the first installment in author Maya Banks's Slow Burn series. I have seen Ms. Banks's name associated with romance/erotica all over goodreads and she has written an impressive quantity of novels. I was so excited when I saw this audiobook at my local library- what a perfect chance to try out this popular author! Unfortunately, I did not enjoy my first Maya Banks experience as much as I had hoped to. I should note that many goodreads reviews for this book have made reference to s ...more
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Right from the start, this book really took me by surprise. It’s really different from what I am used to from Maya Banks. A psychic ability is a curse to Ramie, but one that has been used to help others. Through touch of objects and people she feels their deepest emotions: hate, fear, darkness, and physical pain. What Caleb does to Ramie is horrible. Yes, he does it in order to save his sister, but to the detriment of Ramie, leaving her alone and nearly dead.

A year passes and when Ramie finds he
Tonya
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the book by this author that I have read. I will be continuing with this series. I loved it. the characters are easy to fall in love with
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Maya Banks review
3coffeebeans
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Ok maybe throw in another half a coffee bean in there… or a shot… because the story plot was intriguing and interesting..

Ramie St. Claire has a great gift... NO! an awful gift... she is a psychic with a 100% success rate in finding people after they have been kidnapped. Problem is when she 'locates' them she forms a link to the kidnapper and the victim. As you can imagine with that comes EXPERIENCING everything first hand as it happens to the victim.

NOW she is on t
Shannon
Keep Me Safe

The Characters

Ramie St. Clair
Caleb Devereaux

The Story

I just can't with Remi. She’s all over the place. A hot mess one second a well put together woman the next. And Caleb is just a ball of furious anger. And violence on top of violence on top of an angry family. I’m done.

The Random Thoughts

The narrator is excellent. He doesn’t do that weird high pitched girl voice thing yet you know unmistakable when one of the women are speaking.

**DNF so no rating.
Liz F
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via Edelweiss.

I've read a little Maya Banks over the last year or so and I've liked what I've read. But this book is a lot different that the books I've read. This was definitely a romantic suspense novel. I don't love romantic suspense but I really enjoyed this one!

Ramie, the heroine in this book, is psychic and has helped police locate missing people. When she touches an object, she can see the past, present or future of the owner of the item. But she does
Amanda S.
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a very hard decision for me, for not adding this book to my favorite shelf. But I just can't add it. As much as I enjoyed reading this book and have been waiting for this for a loooong time, I. Can't.

Caleb's freaking out. His sister's been kidnapped by a serial killer and no one can find her. His only chance: Ramie. Ramie has this ability to find a missing person by touching their stuff. So when Caleb found Ramie, he pushed her t help him. Not that Caleb know that when he forced Ramie to
Mara
Nov 28, 2014 marked it as sampled

This is a note to myself. It's not, nor is intended as, a review.

Read 4 or five chapters before deleting for good. They were boring and totally un-captivating. Hero sounded as an ass, and heroine was cringe worty in her belief in martyrdom. He's the reason you are in trouble, lost, almost dead. But of course you don't hate him. Please, give me a woman with a brain and some true feelings.
There is something called sympathy, or empathy. But they can't be self destructive.

Writing seemed lackluste
☘KathyD☘
I very much enjoy Ms. Banks’ books, but this one didn’t work for me. The premise of the story was good, but the execution was off. The characters had decent chemistry, but how the “fell in love” was baffling. I was also disappointed in the sexy-time aspect...it was blah...which is unusual in Ms. Banks’ books. I know she has more out there I haven’t read that will blow me away...this one was just a gentle breeze.
The World of Maya...: * Keep me Safe 10 76 Jun 03, 2019 09:22AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Romance psych girl [s] 3 80 Mar 07, 2018 01:40PM
The World of Maya...: Banks Buddy Read - Keep Me Safe, October 7-21st 56 28 Dec 15, 2014 07:56AM

• Nauti Seductress (Nauti, #8; Nauti Girls, #4)
  • Wicked for You (Wicked Lovers, #10)
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Mine to Crave (Mine, #4)
  • Tangled Up: Crossing the Line\Burned
  • Backwoods (Aftershock, #4)
  • The Night Belongs to Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6)
  • My Lord (Rothvale Legacy, #2)
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • I Spy a Naughty Game (Shado Agency, #2)
  • Midnight Target (Killer Instincts, #8)
  • Undying Desire (The Enclave, #3)
  • Swipe Right to Mate (Paranormal Mating Series #1)
  • You Only Love Twice (Masters and Mercenaries, #8)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • Forever (Eternity, #1)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

Slow Burn (6 books)
  • In His Keeping (Slow Burn, #2)
  • Safe at Last (Slow Burn, #3)
  • With Every Breath (Slow Burn, #4)
  • Just One Touch (Slow Burn, #5)
  • His Only Weakness (Slow Burn, #6)
“«Quando farai brutti sogni ti terrò tra le braccia per proteggerti dal male, e ti darò tanti bei sogni» le promise. «Li faremo insieme.»
Lei lo scrutò, cercando conferme nella sua espressione, poi il suo sguardo si rasserenò e il sole scacciò le nuvole che incupivano le sue iridi.
«Sognerò cose belle con te» mormorò. «Mi terrai lontana dal male e mi darai solo il bene... Mi piace quest'idea.»”
0 likes