Start by marking “The Spirit and The Shadow (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Spirit and The Shadow (Book 1)

Read Excerpt

The Spirit and The Shadow (Book 1)

A fast-paced, paranormal suspense thriller from a new creative team that keeps you on the edge of your seat as you are pulled into the chase for a vampire by those who want his secret, others who are out for justice, and one man seeking revenge.

In a world where vampires and humans coexist, Detectives Aiden Lawson and Robert Garrison are after a vampire wanted for murder.
Published March 28th 2014 by No Rules Media and Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Spirit and The Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spirit and The Shadow

Start your review of The Spirit and The Shadow (Book 1)
Vin Varvara
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Spirit & The Shadow by author Thomas Lavalle and illustrator Brandon Swope is an ambitious project that features the vampire detective Aiden Lawson and his human partner Robert Garrison as they traverse the seedy Los Angeles underground in search of a killer. Unknown to both detectives Lawson and Garrison a simple homicide investigation soon turns into a much larger plot of revenge, covert organizations, and a plot by a secret society--- once implemented can leave the vampire and human ...more
Caffee K.
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to K. by: Author
Shelves: review-requests
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

With the legalese out of the way, I honestly was stunned when I finished this book.
My first though when I came to the "to be continued" line was: What?!? There's got to be more!
My second thought was: Oh, my WORD! I was literally left speechless when I finished.
My third thought was: Where is the next? I want to know what happens, and will willingly get it once it becomes available.

Though this was my first encounter with a graphic novel, I
Sharon
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lavalle and Swope have created a new kind of graphic novel experience that they call a “hybrid” and will satisfy the graphic novel reader and the prose reader. It reads like a screenplay with artwork throughout. I really enjoyed this medium. It took a little getting used to at first, but soon I was reading along quickly.

The Spirit and the Shadow is an urban fantasy crime story in a world where vampires and humans co-exist. Detectives Aiden Lawson, a vampire, and Robert Garrison, a human, start
Andretta Schellinger
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I really liked this book/graphic novel/play almost. Here is the deal, it is written almost like a play with each character having their name preceding what they say. The only thing missing is the "exit stage right" although this could be a really good play. It is designed like a graphic novel in that it has images but the words go around the images not on them like most graphic novels. It is like a book, but there are a lot of pictures and fore-mentioned method of conversation.

This is the first
Michael Cairns
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-mature
I thoroughly enjoyed this book for a number of reasons. I liked the mix of comic and prose, I engaged with the characters and I thought the concept of the vampire division of the police force, with its 'mixed' pairings of detectives, was excellent.
The concept follows two detectives, one vampire and the other human, as they become embroiled in a conspiracy far larger than they originally thought. It also involved a classic mysterious hard man who is both entertaining and interesting and comes
Jody
May 11, 2014
Kerry
May 16, 2014
Brandon Swope
Jun 14, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa Cindrich
Kent
Oct 15, 2014
Joe M.
Sep 05, 2019
Shut Up & Read: The Spirit and The Shadow FREE BOOK GIVEAWAY 1 7 Jul 25, 2014 10:38AM
I am a first time writer. I also surf, read comics, and I’m a dedicated father and husband. If you’re interested in paranormal suspense - take a chance and check out my book!

To learn more about me, my collaborators, our work, and/or to contact us... check out our website:

: www.thespiritandtheshadow.com