Start by marking “Ellie Stanton” as Want to Read:
Ellie Stanton

Aurora Zahni

Ellie Stanton

(Heller Park #1)

Ellie Stanton needed to have a good day. The universe had something else in store. Getting caught shoplifting. Check. Dumping her lame boyfriend. Check. Expulsion from school. Check. Getting kicked out of her house and then stealing her mother’s car while she’s in a NJ turnpike rest stop Cinnabon? Check. The only sensible option is to run as fast as she can and never look ...more
Published February 20th 2014 by Createspace (first published July 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ellie Stanton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ellie Stanton

Ava
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Ellie Stanton, you are one weird duck. You're a tragedy, trapped in a conundrum trapped in a catastrophe."

This is one of the most refreshing young adult contemporary novels I have read in a very long time. Wisecracking, Mad Libs-obsessed Ellie Stanton had me gasping and howling with laughter. I can safely say that there is no one like Ellie. Simply put - I love her! Aurora Zahni writes dialogue so clever, funny, and memorable that my copy was covered with highlights. I predict that everyone wh
Samaris Creech
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I had to describe Ellie Stanton in one word it would be smarta$$. Which I totally love love love about her. Ellie is 16 years old and is constantly in trouble. Always getting suspended, fighting with her teachers, her mother and doing some not so legal things on the side. One day she finally gets expelled and when her mom finds out let’s just say it is not a pretty picture. So Ellie decides to do what any normal teen would do ROADTRIP! While Ellie is out on her little adventure she meets some ...more
Staci Hart
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book. I just can't tell you how much I love it.

If I could give 6 stars, I totally would.

Ellie is aimless. She's lost in the world. She functions the best she can from behind a shield primarily composed of sarcasm, wit, and fortified by her problem with authority. When she gets kicked out of school and shipped off to her grandmother's, she decides to take her fate into her own hands.

Because, of course she does. She's Ellie.

Ellie was so real for me. I'm not sure why. Partly, it's because I c
Shayna Varadeaux
Here's my review and if you wanna check out the blog tour post & enter the giveaway click HERE

Okay so I was a little unprepared for Ellie and I was also pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this book.

But the ending... Oh my gawd seriously I am going to need more to the story here! I do like where it left off but I really need to know what's next for Hillary and Ellie!

The plot was fabtastic and the characters were so real and messy you could just get into the story with ease. I really l
zapkode
{my thoughts} – Ellie is an interesting character. I found her remarkably easy to relate to since I was a high strong rebellious kind of teenager myself. I didn’t get along with my parentals any better then she seemed to be able to get along with hers. I enjoyed every part of the book that let me into her mind more and more as time had went on. I enjoyed learning that she liked similar shows as I did when I was a teen and also liked knowing that I wasn’t alone in the desire to find something mor ...more
Nykki Mills
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Like a ton. It was hilarious cover to cover. It's been awhile since I read it and I thought I already reviewed and just saw that I didn't.
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!

”..because I’m Ellie Stanton and I won’t apologize for wanting what I like or liking what I want..”

Oh Ellie, I’m still torn. I don’t know if I want to slap you or if I want you to become my best friend. Either way, I love your story.

This book was a surprise. It’s fun, unique and very relatable.
Ellie was such a very real character to me. Like what I mentioned above, my feelings toward her is mixed. I have to say that I don’t agree with all the decisions she made but I was amazed by how she hand
Lorca Damon
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ellie Stanton is the quintessential disgruntled teen who appears to have one helluva chip on her shoulder towards authority. As a decidedly grownup adult, it's easy for me to dismiss her angst as nothing more than misplaced, whiny anger. But she's a far more complex character who deserves a much deeper look into who she is. Ellie is basically the product of her own upbringing and situation. In the poignant story--one that struck very close to home for me as a 16-year veteren classroom teacher--E ...more
The Book Beacon
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie Stanton took me by surprise - I had never experienced a character like her, and I was nervous about describing her for this review. But then I read the author's bio: she is "trying to bring a little bit of Judy Blume and Sylvia Plath to the Twilight Generation." Girlfriend nailed it. Ellie is a perfect mix of the teen girl next door coming of age and the audacious, irreverent stand up comic with no filter.

Trouble student Ellie Stanton is expelled from high school after countless offences a
Ashley
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars - A twist of surrealism and realistic traits that will leave you wondering

I'll be honest and say that I had hard time identifying with the main character and following her. It had nothing to do with the writing. The writing, the story, was excellent. But my ability to connect with the story was the problem. I've been a teenager, I've been through sticky situations too. While I found Ellie endearing, funny, and intriguing, I found it just a bit outside the realm of believable.

That bein
Lee
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tia
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eleanor Stanton is your average sarcastic, misunderstood teen. Her mom Tammy had a child she didn't want and had no idea how to raise, and had no time for her. Ellie was an inconvenience and a disruption to every teacher until one day she gets in trouble at school and runs away. With the help of her friend Hillary, that works at the local coffee shop, she sets out on an adventure that gives her insight into who she is. She returns home a changed person.

I wanted to hate her for all the attitude s
Eating Between
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ellie is not your typical high school girl, shes no cheerleader or captain of the debate team. She isnt dying to go to prom dress shopping or wear the quarter backs jacket! She’s a modern day dorothy running away from home only she was never in kansas to begin with and her cowardly lion, scarecrow and tin man consist of a gy hound infrmation desk clerk, a waitress in a run down diner and a hooker…. That’s right a hooker and her wizard is the wizard if the price is right kind yep she runs away fr ...more
N. Kuhn
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
*I received this book free in exchange for an honest review*
"Refresh my memory. What did you say to him right afterward again? 'Way to go buddy! Best two out of three?' Shucks that is sweet."
This is a great story. A high school drop out who goes on a journey across the country. The sarcasm and people she meets are fun and and interesting. This is a good story for any one, any age to read and enjoy. It's good clean mishaps and travels. I couldn't put it down. The only thing I didn't understand wa
Vanessa Marie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ellie...Ellie...Ellie, what can I say other than I love you. Ellie Stanton is a great, fun read and her quick Witt had me belly laughing non stop. She reminds me of Juno meets Gilmore girls with a whole lot of special sprinkled on top.

I loved her journey and the coming of age tale. This was a refreshing read and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something new and fun!
Christina Walton
Hire a teenager while they still know everything!

Hire a teenager while they still know everything!

What a great read! Ellie reminds me of myself when I was young...knew everything n could handle it too. This book forces me to remember the naive girl who was not afraid of anything. wonderful story!!! thanks!!
Felicia Tatum
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie Stanton is unlike anyone I've met in real life. Though dealt with a bad card in life, she has come out stronger, wiser, and wittier than expected. This book really sucked me in, was a fast read, and had me laughing. Ellie gets into some interesting situations, but manages to get her way out unscathed. I look forward to more adventures about her and Hilary.
Elaine Swinney
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was asked to read this book and give an honest review. First let me say it's not my usual type of book. It was well written and I enjoyed this story. I encourage you to read this book. You will not be sorry for taking the time to read it! I think you will enjoy it!!!
Tracey Warren
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, smart mouth, sassy, wise-ass with attitude about sums up Ellie Stanton. This is her story of shaking life by the scruff and taking what she wants. This is sad, cringe worthy, and funny all rolled in, worth reading.
Brandy Rivers
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story takes you on a crazy adventure with one teen who isn't sure who she is or where she is going. On her journey to find herself she does a few crazy things and a few things that opens her eyes to make her realize her life isn't as bad as she may have thought. A fantastic journey.
Nykki Mills
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book. I don't even know where to start. It made me laugh the whole way through, all the while dealing with some tough matters. It is a must read on on my top ten. Ellie Stanton is the epitome of awesome teens.
Patty
An amazingly relatable tale of finding oneself and making sense of life.
Leydy
Couldn't finish - this book annoyed me to the maximum.
Kris
Sam Hunt
Nov 13, 2014
Tiffany York
Mar 09, 2014
  • Adrenaline Rush (Christy, #1)
  • The Keeper and the Alabaster Chalice (The Black Ledge Series, #2)
  • Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6)
  • Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)
  • Double Fault (Vortex, #2)
  • A Life, Freed
  • Starlet's Man (The Starlet, #0.5)
  • Devil's Frost (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #3)
  • Sins of the Fallen (Sins of the Fallen #1)
  • Lizzy Speare and the Cursed Tomb
  • The Fractured: Maggie (Fractured, #2; Blemished, #2.5)
  • Sacrifice (The Tate Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Lost in Starlight (Starlight Saga #1)
  • Wheel of Fortune ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #2 )
  • Bitten By Deceit (Hadley Werewolves #1)
  • Breed of Envy (The Breed Chronicles #2)
  • Tore: Divided Love (Torn Love, #2)
  • Vanished from Dust (Vanished from Dust #1)
Aurora Zahni is a former rebel who’s trying to bring a little bit of Judy Blume and Sylvia Plath to the Twilight Generation. Over the years I have given half-assed / full throttle contributions to numerous zines and blogs, written a web movie and done significantly well in countless competitive eating events.

When I was in the 8th grade I was on the local evening news. A dead body was being lifted

Heller Park (3 books)
  • Terminal Romantic (Heller Park Book 2)
  • The Island and the Kite