Start by marking “Covertly Strong” as Want to Read:
Covertly Strong

Covertly Strong

(Strong #1)

She can track down the world's most dangerous drug lords, hack into any computer, and kill a man in fifteen different ways—but when she comes face-to-face with the only man who’s ever held her heart, it might be her most dangerous mission yet... Or is it?

Sloan Walker. Dr. Felicia Santora. Agent L-55.
Three very different personas, three very different names, but all have
Published October 13th 2014 (first published September 29th 2014)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
DNF at 15%

A big block of cheese that literally had me gagging.
Lady Heather
I really liked this story. I loved Sloane's character! She was strong, smart, independent, ans sassy.
The reason I only gave this story a 'generous' 3 star rating is because by the end of the story the dialogue between the H/h was getting very cheesy, repetitive, and on my last nerve.

I get they loved each other, and they would be with/or wait for the other always , but saying it like 50,000 times didn't reinforce the feeling...it just pissed me off.

I will read the next book in this series becaus
Talltree
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars, would have been more but the third person-present tense POVs were hard to read for me, plus the violence against the h:(. Otherwise it was a great second chance read. The situation was also reminiscent of The Notebook at certain moments.
~Dawn~TUG
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Arc received from author in exchange for an honest review from Tara and I at http://www.twounrulygirls.com **

So enjoyed this book..full review to follow!

4.5 Stars!! When you find an author that writes in a way that totally speaks to you as a reader, you not only become a fan, you relish in the fact that they can write something completely different and find it captures you just the same. Having fallien head over heels in love with first Ellen and then Amy in Ms. Alcorn’s first two books was ea
M. Mabie
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is different from what I've read by this author in the most amazing way. if you like tough, kickass male and female leads, then you'll love Nix & Sloan. great book. I can't wait for book 2!
Mandy
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVED it!!
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
** review for BareNakedWords **

“True love is intangible, and once it’s found---once it’s felt inside the soul, possessing every single cell inside the body---the heart never wants to let go.”

OMG!!!!! ~SIGHS~
I LOVE THIS BOOK.
I LOVE NIX ~SIGHS~
...And I LOVE SLOAN.

I was intrigued when I got sent the synopsis to this book, but also knew that I would fall in love with it when I started reading. NA had me hooked from the very first page, and I became so immersed into it, that everything else got forgo
Kim
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
3 to 3.5 stars

This is another one of those books that I am struggling with rating.

One one hand, there were a lot of boxes ticked for me with the story. Hot dirty talking alpha- Navy SEAL. Strong sassy smart and independent heroine. Second chance love story. All of these things work for me and usually signify a kickass story in my book.

But on the other hand, I really struggled with the third person narration. I am so accustomed to first person or dual POVs that I had a really hard time sticking w
Noura
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A story of young love that's lost and later found.

Nix West and Sloan Walker were highschool sweethearts and they knew then that they would be together forever. But circumstances and distance made them lose one another and they went about their own way not knowing what happened between them that ended their young live story. Fast forward 14 years, they meet each other again. Nix is now a SEAL and Sloan is not exactly Sloan but a CIA Agent living under a different name. They meet, they try tomfig
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I so loved this book. Im even happier to see its part of a series:) this book kept me up late as I just didn't wanna put it down. It's a book full of action, suspense and romance.

The characters are brilliant. Sloan is a tough ass female. She's a really strong heroine that I loved. Nixon is a Navy Seal. He's hot, gorgeous and delicious. Have I mentioned there are more Seals in this book??

Really brilliant read. Am looking forward to reading more of this series. I highly recommend this book. I lo
N.A. Alcorn
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Love. Heart-ache. Suspense.
Are you ready for Nix & Sloan's Story?

"I will make her mine again. One smile. One kiss. One touch. One delicious fucking lick at a time. Game. On." -Nix

Covertly Strong is now officially live on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords!

Purchase Links:

Amazon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OFCJW12

Barnes & Noble- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cover...

Smashwords- https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Do you ever start reading book, and immediately you know you’ve never read a book quite like it before? Let me tell you, that feeling is amazing.

Well, I got that feeling on about page 4 of Covertly Strong, and that is when I knew I was going to absolutely love this book. That’s also about the time I fell instantly in love with one Nixon West.

Covertly Strong has everything that makes a book exceptional for me, yet it really was a book unlike any other I’ve read. Its got two strong badass main c
Shar
Oct 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm like so disappointed with the writing and content. I feel like im reading to my little sister and i couldn't formulate thoughts without being repetitive in my sentences. No offence. This wasn't what I was hoping from the writer. Where's the wit? I'm sorry..
Stephanie
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love anything that N.A. Alcorn writes. She could write a manual on watching paint dry and I would love it. Her style flows so well. Covertly Strong is not like her previous books. This one is completely different but it proves how strong of an author she is. She can write on two different spectrum’s and they are both fantastic.

Covertly Strong is the story of Sloan Walker and Nixon West. It follows their long journey through life and love; and what a journey they have. I love their love story.
Tina Lynne
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Espionage? Check
CIA operative? Check
Navy SEAL? Check
A beautiful romance? Check
The return of a long lost love? Check
Action and suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat? Check
Hot reunion and second chance? Check

This book was awesome! It played in my head like a movie, one that I would watch over and over again. Covertly Strong begins to unfold a lovely tale in multiple parts. The first part is basically a series of events that happened in the past, how Sloan and Nix met, their relationship
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh yes, HOT SEAL ALERT!! Damn, Nixon West (and his SEAL team) is....mmm hmm. And his lady love, Sloan? Kick. Ass.

Sloan Walker is known by many names, and lives her life in danger and on the edge. She’s brutally smart and cool as ice. Usually. But when she comes face-to-face with her first love, her control starts to slip.

Nix never forgot the girl branded on his heart, even after more than a decade. Now a strong SEAL, he's dangerous and determined, and nothing will stop him having his Sloan bac
Leslie
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Covertly Strong is a story about a second chance at a first love that’s full of heart ache and suspense. This is a new genre for N.A. Alcorn. I absolutely loved her Infamous series and was excited when I read the blurb for Covertly Strong. I couldn’t wait to read it and was not disappointed.

Sloan Walker is the daughter of Naval Officer who was newly stationed in Hawaii. It’s there where Sloan finally feels at home, feels like herself. One day at the beach she sees him….Nixon West. From
Romancerwblog
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 of 5 stars

I was intrigued by the synopsis of Covertly Strong and was really excited to read this book by NA Alcorn. I fell in love with her as an author when I read her Infamous Series and wondered how this story would be since it is totally different. Fortunately, I am happy to report she can literally write anything and do it great!

The story begins with a story of young love between Sloan and Nix while they are in high school. I really loved getting to know the characters while they are y
Miranda Elaine
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Covertly Strong is the first book in a new series by NA Alcon. I really enjoyed this book and its\’s military/cia theme. It was so different than any other book I had read and thoroughly enjoyed how it used military style headings and time to help tell the story of Nix and Sloan.

Nix and Sloan met when they were 16 years old in Hawaii while her dad was stationed there. It took no time at all for them to become attached to each other and become inseparable. It is quickly apparent that they are in
Pratr- Authors
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sloan Walker was used to moving and having to change schools never having close friends. With her father being an Admiral in the Navy. After her father is stationed in Hawaii Sloan takes a trip with her new friend to the beach for a party and she meets Nixon West, there was something about him that just drew her in. nix knew when he met Sloan that his world would never be the same again. Finally Sloan ends up spending a whole year in one place and that is more then enough time for her and Nix to ...more
Megan
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
*ARC Provided by Author in exchange for honest review via Blog Tour*

4 solid stars!

Nix, where have you been all my book life?
Kick-Ass CIA agent? Hot Navy SEAL? Wow, these are what drew me to this book, well after reading the synopsis that is.
I freaking devoured this book. It had the one main thing that I love in a book- Navy SEALs. Or well, Military in general- Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. I like them all.
I loved Nix and Sloan. They were really easy to fall in love with.
Nix,
Chelsea Hockenberry ~ Author Groupies
Rating: 4.75 Groupie Stars!
I have been in love with N.A. Alcorn’s writing since I stumbled along her first novel The Infamous Ellen James. With Covertly Strong, Alcorn takes a turn for the serious and I so pleased!! Sloan Walker, aka Agent L-55, aka Dr. Felicia Santora, has let go of her past. Or so she thought, but when her past comes back to her life she knows it doesn’t mix well with her current life of secret missions and a new identity, but will she risk it all anyway?
Nixon West thought h
Evette
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
I enjoyed so many aspects of this book. Strong as hell Sloan, does her job and takes no prisoners. Intense Nixon, has made a life for himself as a SEAL and has built a band of brothers. Excellent secondary character development. Romance with suspense, yet the story was almost too far fetched for me.

First love is amazing. The connection between Sloan and Nix has been unusually strong form the start. And it felt real. The intensity of their renewal of that love was whew! This is where it
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
This book had sooooo much!
It starts of with an Sloan moving with her family to Hawaii... Her father being in the military has made her life difficult with never being able to have roots because she moves so often all over the world...
Then fate would have her move to Hawaii... And she meets the love of her life... Nix
They have an intense year... Full of life happiness and love.... Then Sloan's dad gets "the call". And she is moving away from her heart from her soul....
The first of the book is so
Perusing Princesses
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book had sooooo much!
The first ��� of the book is
Krissy
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nothing. There is NOTHING I could think of that could make this story better. It was perfect. Perfect pace, perfect amount of everything and lots of feels. Nix and Sloan....I fell in love with them falling in love. At just 16 years old, they knew they were soul mates. They are adorable and sassy and I could FEEL their love, which translates to: great writing. The ups and downs of emotions are addicting.

Present day: we have one tough surgeon/CIA agent and a smokin' hot Navy SEAL/caveman. And, hea
Ela Is
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Eu queria muito ter adorado o livro, pois eu gosto da autora. Esse livro tem uma essência bem diferente dos outros livros da série "Infamous" da N.A. Alcorn, mas, às vezes, era possível pegar um pouco daquele humor em algumas conversas entre os personagens.

A história não é ruim, mas, sinceramente, já li vários livros com a mesma trama. Senti falta de algum diferencial, algo que chamasse a atenção.

Gostei dos personagens apesar de querer mais deles. Achei que a base do que separou o Nix e a Sloan
Evergreen
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Only reason I liked it as opposed to love of it was that the ending was disappointing and left me quite unsatisfied. I loved the main character and wanted to get an extended epilogue where she's pregnant, maybe a wedding scene, and the knowledge that the two lived through to old age. Forgive me if i'm a sucker for happy endings that are cliche but at least i know that their story done, finito. I get that there is a second story about Julian and Aly but that's their story. I want to see more of N ...more
Amy  Crull
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is seriously awesome! I was so honored to read this book before it released. It's different than most due to the fact that both characters are very headstrong and stubborn. They are also very committed in their careers. This is different from normal NA books, you don't get the humor like in her other books but minus that this book is full of action and romance plus he's a sexy smooth talking Navy Seal, you can't go wrong with that. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves action ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Locked (Locked, #1)
  • Chocolate Lovers: Sweet Stories About Love, Friendship, and Inappropriate Behavior (Chocolate Lovers, #1-3.5)
  • Frenemies (Girl Next Door, #2)
  • Hard to Forget (Black Ops Heros #2)
  • The Delivery
  • Hell on Heels (Hot Damned #3)
  • Temperance (The Arcanian Chronicles, #1)
  • Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #3)
  • Miss Congeniality (The Misses Trilogy, #1)
  • Break Through
  • Sex Snob
  • In His World (Eternally North, #2)
  • Sin For Love (Fortune For Love #1)
  • Southern Seduction Box Set
  • Goodbye Girl
  • Unspoken
  • Something like Redemption (Something like Normal, #2)
  • Dethroning Crown
Author of the Infamous Series.
The Infamous Ellen James- Dec 2013
Avoiding Amy Jackson- Feb 2014
Finding Lizzy Montgomery- Summer 2014

Avid reader.

Tequila enthusiast.

Smut addict.

Lover of all things inappropriate and perverted.