Start by marking “Duckie's Ducklings: A One-to-Ten Counting Book” as Want to Read:
Duckie's Ducklings: A One-to-Ten Counting Book

Duckie's Ducklings: A One-to-Ten Counting Book

Turn each graduated page to help Duckie find her curiously missing ducklings in this beguiling follow-up to DUCKIE'S RAINBOW.

Duckie wants to go for a swim with her family, but where are her ten ducklings? She hunts patiently by the garden shed, around the apple tree, under the wheelbarrow, on the swing, in the bucket, and plenty more places. Meanwhile, to little ones' deli
Published February 3rd 2005 by Candlewick

To ask other readers questions about Duckie's Ducklings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duckie's Ducklings

Jen
This was such an unexpected hit at story time! I randomly grabbed it from my library because all of my go to counting books were checked out. I went in with low expectations, but the kids LOVED that they'd spotted the ducks before Duckie, and also enjoyed calling out how many little ducklings were on each page.
Sophie
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really good book to use in the EYFS for counting and early number recognition
J
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The design of this book is really unique. The children I was reading to were exclaiming over the chicks lining up behind Duckie.
Caroline O'Brien
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really cute story but we thought it was slightly confusing.. why were we encouraged to count things like ladybirds when the text was drawing attention to the tomatoes? Not very clear but cute and educational non the less!
Amanda
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-books
Fun counting book. My son liked that the pages were different sizes and that the baby ducks were “sneaking” behind the mama duck.
A.C. Paige
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great for a numbers or counting storytime. Cute, simple, and funny.
J.G. Parker
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This hardback book is newly out in paperback, which is long overdue!. Rich colours fill your reading life as soon as you open the first page, coupled with charming characters brought to us in beautifully produced collages - Frances Barry is an artist with real skill at her fingertips. The roses and cabbages alone are amazing.

And the book is so much FUN! I bought it for my niece a few years ago and, although much older, she still has it! And enjoys it! Who doesn't love counting when you're in pr
Meredith
Duckie searches for her ducklings.

This is a sweet gentle tale of a lovable semi-incompetent mother duck searching for her MIA ducklings. It also teaches counting one-to-ten. The clever design shows the ducklings appearing on the page behind Duckie as well as hides the same number of a certain object in each two-spread as the number of the duckling for which Duckie is searching.
Pam
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
My students loved this one. At first they couldn't understand why Duckie couldn't see the ducklings, but they caught on quickly. Definitely a keeper for the next year. I loved the page cuts. Great counting practice and we went back through the story to find the other things we were supposed to count.
Susan
Jun 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The done-to-death mama duck looks for her ducklings is given a new twist with a fun shaped book and cut pages that add one duckie per page (which children will gleefully point out)until Mama duck notices her babies are all behind her. You can't miss at toddler time with this one.
Kristie
Dec 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abc-n-123
This book is a sure winner when it comes to counting! Mommy Duck can't find her little ducklings but even the smallest of readers will be able to help her find them.
Christine Turner
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ducks, concept
Duckie is ready to take the family for a swim. But where are her ducklings? Turn the shaped pages to find out! www.hcpl.net
Beverly
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very short, very cute book on counting for very little toddlers.
Debby Baumgartner
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2016
Apr 13, 2010
Jj
Oct 21, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Frances Barry is the creator of the eye-popping novelty concept books DUCKIE'S RAINBOW, DUCKIE'S DUCKLINGS, and DUCKIE'S SPLASH, and the Fold Out and Find Out books BIG YELLOW SUNFLOWER and LITTLE GREEN FROGS. She lives in London.