Start by marking “Borderliners (Borderliners, #1)” as Want to Read:
Borderliners (Borderliners, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Borderliners

(Borderliners #1)

A girl is found dead in a notorious New Age shop on the edge of the woods.
A Tarot card reading is, left in Elena's house. Is it a warning?
A man is watching her from the shadows of his room.

After a young woman is found dead under suspicious circumstances, the village psychotherapist, Dr Elena Lewis, is left in possession of a diary. What she reads there leads her to the do
Published February 24th 2014 by Createspace (first published January 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Borderliners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borderliners

Awais Khan
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Kirsten Arcadio's debut novel 'Borderliners' is about a psychotherapist who ventures into a small village in the British Midlands to set up a practice. Though the village seems small and quaint on the outside, what Elena discovers turns her world upside down. Starting off with a bang, Borderliners immediately pulls you into the dark world of the village Elena has set up her practice in, and it's with a sense of barely repressed fear and eagerness that one reads the whole book. The characters lea ...more
Carla Webb
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced, lively, well-researched pysch thriller introducing Elena, a pyschotherapist in a sleepy village who gets suspicious over an increasing number of sucides and decides to dig deeper into a local cult despite the antagonism receives from her neighbours who lead this community. An interesting insight into the world of tarot and cults that keeps you turning the pages right until the twist at the end.
Darren
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was on my to read list for a while. My friend from good reads noticed a free link to download it as a e-book so I downloaded it. I enjoyed reading it. This is my first book by this author. It had a good story to it. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Cliona Hammond
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book starts out running, and keeps up the pace until the end. Elena is an intriguing character, you sense there are layers more to her character. The evil permeates through this village. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series as I miss Elena already!
Mary Anne
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Not quite what I expected.
Rod Raglin
Mar 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
It’s late on a stormy night when Elena, the heroine of Kirsten Arcadio’s novel, Borderliners, sets out for an unexplained rendezvous with a woman at a barn. The barn turns out to be sort of a flea market selling New Age merchandise and the woman turns out to be dead, evidently by suicide by an overdoes of drugs. Why this woman wanted Elena to meet her, how she planned to be dead when Elena arrived, and the significance of the location of the body is never fully explained – ever.

Borderliners has
Deborah
Mar 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: story-cartel
I could not agree more with reviewer Rod Raglin.

Borderliners was simply a mess, with numerous plot points left unexplained. For example, Arcadio repeatedly referred to something dark in the history of her protagonist, Dr. Elena Lewis, but she never disclosed what that "something" was. As best I could determine, Dr. Lewis had a history of serious mental illness; if so, how did she ever become a licensed psychotherapist? At one point, Dr. Lewis "thought of [her] own secret weapon, which [she] kept
Autumn
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: story-cartel, 2014
I received this book via Story Cartel to give an honest review. 3 1/2 star rating.

It started off to be a good book, but I eventually got lost especially towards the end. I had to read the last chapter twice to understand what was going on. It is a very good psychological thriller but I felt as thought it was lacking a bit on information. This book kind of reminded me of The Village by M. Night Shyamlan. You have this village but all is not what is seems and when you get to the end after being co
Nigel
Jul 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
I know there were only good reviews of this book, one of the reasons I took a punt at it, but for me it just didn't work. There was no flow, story seemed to jump around and I gave up at the point where Elena having been invited round to her neighbours house for a social event ends up being 'forced' to take a bath by the neighbours.

Just to weird for me
Kirsten Arcadio
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A speculative thriller with occult and supernatural undertones.
Jennifer Peters
Jul 28, 2014
Sue
May 26, 2014
H.
rated it did not like it
Apr 26, 2014
Jo Holloway
Feb 17, 2014
Ian Dogherty
Jul 11, 2014

• Eureka: Brain Box Blues (Eureka, #2)
  • Hello Loved Ones
  • Yesterday's Body
  • Going Shogun
  • Mystic
  • Hillary: Flesh and Blood (Hillary, #2)
  • Spellbound (Hot Highlands Romance #1)
  • Over Her Dead Body
  • Ethics of the Undead
  • Beasts and Savages
  • Orangey the Goldfish: Side Story No. 1
  • Circles in the Dust
  • Three Wishes
  • Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants, #1)
  • The Essential H.P. Lovecraft Collection
  • Five Six Pick Up Sticks
  • Poisoned Soil
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Southern Comfort
Kirsten Arcadio is a writer who is passionate about speculative fiction.

She has worked for over fifteen years in digital communications chasing her dream that everybody should be able to access services and content they need online.

When she’s not reading, writing, thinking about writing, or watching Sci Fi, she’s plate-spinning digital content projects for her clients.

She loves all things Italian

Borderliners (2 books)
  • Split Symmetry (Borderliners #2)
“It only takes one person, one voice from somewhere beyond, to save a life.” 3 likes